Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,546 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills (1974 Views)

My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! / Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? / How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by boxypane(m): 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
Hello Nairalanders!
I have this new neighbour of mine who just packed into an apartment close to mine, we happen to share the same Electrical connections, meaning we have to share the bills.
Pending when my new neighbour parked in, I had no issue paying alone.
My new neighbour has been staying in his apartment for over two months now, the first bill PHCN brought in August, he said he hasn't used up to a month in the house, he had to pay only N500! (mind you, he had spent close to a month already), when PHCN brought the second bill on the 16th of September, I walked up to him like the first and he promised to give the money to me the next day, up until now, he didn't, I have reminded him one more time though.
Funny enough, they have been showing funny attitudes towards me and my wife. I'm the type that loves minding my own business cos of nosy neighbours.
Please I need advice on this issue.
Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
shocked
I have two instances for you

1. If you're using direct line, make sure you completely isolate your self and let the neighbours alone use the light.
Buy an inverter, and solar panel.
Or better still, buy your very own meter, it just 40k. Tell the NEPA installers that its for your house alone and not your neighbours. When NEPA begins to slap bill at them they will wake up.
The meter might be costly now, but see what it will do to you in the long run.

2. If you are already sharing the same metre, buy an inverter and generator plus solar panel. This is the only way out of your headache. Completely disconnect your line from NEPA. Solar panels and Gen will charge the inverter for you.
Just leave the meter for them.

Tussles with them will just make things worse
Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by Born2Breed(f): 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2019
Contact the landlord or real estate agent or whoever is managing the property and let them know what is happening.

You don't need to be friendly with such neighbours,start setting boundaries now.

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by meavox: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
Your neighbor is a very typical Nigerian.... Devilish people who just like to cause trouble and to be a nuisance so that you don't have peace.

1) Report the matter to your landlord in words and in writing.
2) Seek advice from PHCN then report him there too if that's the procedure.
3) It is so wrong for different households to share same electricity source. Look into getting your own meter.
4) Do your best not to let this man get into your mind. That's what this devil wants. Keep out of his way, so too your children should keep out of this man's way and that of his wife and kids.
5) Best if possible that your landlord is the one who talks to this man. Try not to argue. That's what the man wants.
6) He's a devil, so DON'T take up any of his ways. If you end up paying his electricity, remember this: that whatever the devilish man is doing, he is doing it to Christ, not to you.
7) Finally, this life is full of troubles. Especially in Nigeria where Satan has his throne so his devilish people are everywhere and every time causing problems. So that they will be on our MINDS constantly. Pray against this evil against you and your happy home.

4 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by McCoy662(m): 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
the best thing to do is to get urself a new meter... let them have the already existing one. call NEPA to register and install the meter for u. by next month, u will have your own bill separated from theirs!
Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by edoairways: 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
if your neighbour refuses to pay call an electrician to disconnect him without him knowing

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by bizza45: 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
he is lucky he met a nice guy, if na me I will personally call a NEPA guy to separate his line from mine then cut his line and keep d wire inside my boot.... e think say na only him sabi mad

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by Benzilyn: 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2019
1.Report him to the land Lord or Lady.
2. Report the case to the nearest police Station in case of any future treatment of I'll mannered neighbor.
3. When 1 does not work, contact NEPA to disconnect him. Period.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by boxypane(m): 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thanks guys. This was really helpful. I'd take it up with PHCN to see the possibility of processing a prepaid meter.
Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by skillzbae(f): 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2019
Hmmm.,I live in a compound with 8 flat only 3 of us pay bills, others are owing for months, some years sef, it's annoying

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by boxypane(m): 6:27am On Oct 13, 2019
skillzbae:
Hmmm.,I live in a compound with 8 flat only 3 of us pay bills, others are owing for months, some years sef, it's annoying
Check those guys now, they will authoritatively tell you that government is wasted and not serious.
Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by skillzbae(f): 7:06am On Oct 13, 2019
boxypane:

Check those guys now, they will authoritatively tell you that government is wasted and not serious.

When they begin to insult buhari and tell u how useless Nigeria govt is eh... u will pity nigeria
Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by akinmusi(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2020
boxypane:
Hello Nairalanders!
I have this new neighbour of mine who just packed into an apartment close to mine, we happen to share the same Electrical connections, meaning we have to share the bills.
Pending when my new neighbour parked in, I had no issue paying alone.
My new neighbour has been staying in his apartment for over two months now, the first bill PHCN brought in August, he said he hasn't used up to a month in the house, he had to pay only N500! (mind you, he had spent close to a month already), when PHCN brought the second bill on the 16th of September, I walked up to him like the first and he promised to give the money to me the next day, up until now, he didn't, I have reminded him one more time though.
Funny enough, they have been showing funny attitudes towards me and my wife. I'm the type that loves minding my own business cos of nosy neighbours.
Please I need advice on this issue.

I got your mail via nailaland. Please chech your email. Sorry for the late response
Re: How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills by MrOkenwa(m): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
skillzbae:

When they begin to insult buhari and tell u how useless Nigeria govt is eh... u will pity nigeria
Nigerians are responsible for most of the problems in the country, not the government.

(1) (Reply)

Closed / A Big Shop Along Ojodu Berger Road Beside Omole Phase 1 Main Gate / Affordable Properties For Lease In Lekki 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.