Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition (54588 Views)

Catholic Church Writes Tinubu, Sani Over El-Rufai’s Islamisation Comment / 184 Doctors From 7 Countries Write Buhari Over El-zakzaky (Names) / Just In: Court Orders Arrest Of CCB Chairman Over El Rufai's Assets Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by universe26(m): 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Hypocritical message.

The north should complete their full cycle of presidency till 2027.

No more interruptions..

If the north still wants to continue, they are free to do so.

and if by 2027, the northerner performs below average we will extend the tenure by re-election to 2031.

Monachy abi? let them take it 4ever
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by waternogetenemy: 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
maestroferddi:
You have generating noises all over the place...

So you think, in good conscience, that the Igbos should support a Yoruba candidate in 2023 when it should naturally be the turn of the Igbos to produce the president?

Is everything alright?

U never see wat Greed can do.

Yoruba are greedy.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Osaze007: 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
maestroferddi:
You have generating noises all over the place...

So you think, in good conscience, that the Igbos should support a Yoruba candidate in 2023 when it should naturally be the turn of the Igbos to produce the president?

Is everything alright?
Bring out your own candidate

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by LegendHer0: 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
ityP:

See this one? U wan force me to be Igbo? Lol. My papa, mama, great grandparents, NONE are/were igbos. If e vex u, choke. But we must have a Northern President come 2023.

I don’t take orders from the SS. Except Benin and delta, I don’t give a f*ck about other SS tribe.

Besides your crude oil what human intelligence do you contribute to this nation. I’m trying to restrain myself please don’t let me drag the SS into this.

You can give your contribution without attacking the SW please.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by 77up(m): 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
waternogetenemy:

Igbo are not the people crying to Buhari to warn ElRufai over becoming President 2023, that is the greedy Yoruba.

The ever bitter and never satisfied and power hungry SW.

So we know who is pained now.
Did you expect who already know he can't make it to fight for it ? They simply resign for fate and crying their maginization in peace grin .

Let Housa and Yoruba continue ruling in peace tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Southsoul: 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
Deepthoughts:
Even the YCE themselves are not sincere, justice n equity demands the south east to produce the president in 2023, anything other than that is injustice.

Elrufai will be the worse disaster & nightmare this country will ever experience as a president trust me....try him and you will confirm it....
Pestilence generation..
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Annie939(f): 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
Osaze007:

When an Igbo man declares war send operation Phython dance and he will dress like a woman and run away - Gowon
hahahahahaha you are funny
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by femolii: 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
IamAtikulate:
Yoruba peopl greed got them cornered.

If APC fields a northerner candidate, it will definitely have SE as running mate.

PDP is sure to field to North/SE ticket.

Greed no good. After doing 8 years as President and another 8 as VP, they are eyeing the presidency.

This guys are funny.

Thiefubu will only be president of his follow thieves and yoruba moslems

One thing I know is after 2023 all the gods of yorubaland and the yoruba moslems combined will not stop Igbo presidency.
Focus on your Biafra oga or you contest under pdp,
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by JADEK01(m): 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2019
truthfulparrot:
It is a known fact that you don't mess around with Southwest. They can bring down any government without firing a single shot! 2023 will be very interesting.

Which region spearheaded series of events that eventually led to the military taking over in 1966 and 1983?

Which region spearheaded series of protests that forced IBB to eventually step aside in 1993?

Which region formed NADECO that gave Abacha sleepless night and make it practically impossible for him to travel out of Nigeria?

Which region sabotaged GEJ when he neglected them during his tenor only to start going around begging their obas in the build up to 2015?

Let give it to them, the Yorubas can use their mouths and cunningness to bring down any government. The wise leaders from the North are aware of this fact.
we fight a Cold War
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by waternogetenemy: 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2019
77up:
Did you expect who already know he can't make it to fight for it ? They simply resign for fate and crying their maginization in peace grin .

Let Housa and Yoruba continue ruling in peace tongue

I dont know where u got Yoruba from.

The only President Yoruba ever produced in Nigeria since 1960 was in 1999.

OBJ was a Charity President, that we all sat down and demanded both parties field Yoruba candidate(Zoning.)
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by FortuneDeGreat(m): 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2019
North All The Way!
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Osaze007: 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHer0:

I don’t take orders from the SS. Except Benin and delta, I don’t give a f*ck about other SS tribe.

Besides your crude oil what human intelligence do you contribute to this nation. I’m trying to restrain myself please don’t let me drag the SS into this.

Rivers is the only relevant state outside Benin and delta the rest can go with their useless votes

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Osaze007: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2019
waternogetenemy:

I dont know where u got Yoruba from.

The only President Yoruba ever produced in Nigeria since 1960 was in 1999.

OBJ was a Charity President, that we all sat down and demanded both parties field Yoruba candidate(Zoning.)

Ok produce your own charity president at least no Igbo man has ever been elected since 1960

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Deepthoughts: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2019
Southsoul:

Elrufai will be the worse disaster & nightmare this country will ever experience as a president trust me....try him and you will confirm it....
Pestilence generation..
I agree with you,I wasn't supporting the idea of a northern president after buhari but instead trying to draw attention to the need of fairness n equity in our national politics to enhance national cohesion peace n progress.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHer0:

Calm down and wait for 2023. Stop making noise. The North is the ONLY region that should and will produce the 2023 President. As the wise El- Rufai said, We don't need zoning. In fact, if after 2023, the North performs, we will still give them the ticket come 2031.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by maestroferddi: 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHer0:

For you to ask me this kind of question showed you don’t understand politics. You are asking OBJ work in PDP when he actually own the PDP structure in his hands as at 2003.

OBJ won all the SW states excerpt Lagos for PDP in 2003 and yet you’re asking what was his relevance?

OBJ that has the power to make and break senate presidents at that time is who you are asking what he contributed to the PDP?

Besides Atiku that was a major factor in PDP in 2003, tell me an Igbo man that is stronger than OBJ in 2003.

I’m waiting!
You are not getting it, are you?

You projected a spurious argument that your undesirable APC should not field an Igboman because according to you the Igbos are irrelevant in APC...

You were asked to justify why the PDP granted Obasanjo the right to re-contest the presidency in 2003 when he was clear he failed woefully in the region in 1999 and all you could do was jabber away at how powerful Obasanjo was...

Do I need to spoon-feed you that Obama became president of America in 2008 even when he was from a minority.
All he needed was an endorsement by the apparatchiks of the Democrat Party.

Can you see now that you argument is not worth the time expended reading it?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
Southsoul:

Pestilence generation..

You don't know what you are saying. El-Rufai will do what no southern would. See how he changed FCT as minister. That's the kind of President we need; not some puppet. By God's grace, he will be President come 2023
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by arstot(m): 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2019
hammerVJ:

Greedy Things, so u know the above and acting as if 2023 is do or die?

Let me ask u, who does it look like Yoruba can threaten in Nigeria?

Only small Ijaw, will correct your Mess up.
You mean the small jawthat enslaved you people. And they will continue to enslave your ethnic.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by gwarotango: 8:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
I don't know why you Southerners are getting worked up over statements made by politicians not even close to power. Buhari himself knows it's in the national interest that power rotates between north and south at regular intervals. Come 2023 we will have a southerner as president and when he messes up like I'm sure he would, let's get another stupid thread about how the north is holding the country back

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2019
gwarotango:
I don't know why you Southerners are getting worked up over statements made by politicians not even close to power. Buhari himself knows it's in the national interest that power rotates between north and south at regular intervals. Come 2023 we will have a southerner as president and when he messes up like I'm sure he would, let's get another stupid thread about how the north is holding the country back

El-Rufai is not close to power? Lol. Una go shock
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Deepthoughts: 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2019
PureFace1:

South East will never produce the president of this country because they are Saboteurs.

That is justice
Is there any part of this country that hasn't got it faults?, you n your likes are not Good you know.mind you I'm from the NC,but we must all do the necessary things it takes to ensure the continued unity peace n progress of this country if we really love the country but I'm afraid people with your kind of view are the real sabotuers of the country.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by hammerVJ: 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2019
El Rufai is the current VP.

Osinbanjo is the commissioner/errand boy.

EL Rufai is just waiting for 2023.

Dont be surprise, he will win SS/SE.

Nybody the SW hates, the SS/SE will support.

No permanent Friends in Politics, just permanent Interest.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by LegendHer0: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
ityP:

El-Rufai is not close to power? Lol. Una go shock

What is El-Rufais political machinery in the North? El-Rufai that struggled to win Kaduna election is who you’re saying has political clout in the North.

After Ahmadu Bello, the only one that comes close to him is Muhammadu Buhari, and after him there is none that can get that much Northern maximum support.

While I don’t care what happens in the north, it’s good to always put you guys in your place when you try dishing out beer parlor gists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Deepthoughts: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
Southsoul:

Pestilence generation..
I agree with you,but I wasn't supporting the idea of a northern president after buhari but instead trying to draw attention to the need of fairness n equity in the national politics of this country to enhance the unity peace and progress of the national.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
hammerVJ:

This is a good alternative too. Immediately he is confirmed VP, we will cause the death of the President and he will ascend the throne. Simple as ABC
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by 2016easy2017: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
u mean that bastard midget wanna b Nigerian president, may ALLAH forbid. he ruined kaduna and buhari. we shall see. Thw country would rathet divide
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHero:

It was actually Azikwe greed that got the Igbos cornered and rendered a major ethnic group like your eternal slaves. If not for Azikwe greed, the Igbos would have been calling the shots in Nigeria.

Seems you just finished smoking weed, so APC will field an Igbo vice in 2023? I’m even discussing with a kindergarten here.

SW worked for the presidency, we don’t go about threatening or abusing other tribe, MKO fought for it and got elected through the ballot, OBJ reap the benefit of MKO during those period. Even when NADECO was fighting the military, they did not go about insulting the whole north or taking it personal.

Your only work towards achieving a presidency in 2023 is constant threat about leaving Nigeria, abusing other tribes, shouting marginalization, and constant hate.

The Igbo man cannot be pleased, if you’re both given $50 to spend, the Igbo man will still complain that your notes are new and his own is old notes. They are NEVER contented.

Question: what work has the Igbos put in to become the presidential flag bearer of APC?
It was Awo's greed that made Zik ally with the North. Awo and other Yoruba leaders worked against Zik being the premier of Western region. Awo even extended his greed to who would be the vice Chancellor of University of Ibadan when he wanted Prof. Onabamiro to be the VC (principal then) of UI against Kenneth Dike who was overwhelmingly appointed to administer the UI. Awo even secretly wanted to ally with the North too. I believe you will not like to work with your enemies. That's Zik's point too. Like Zik, I can't work with backstabbers. Yorubas are backstabbers! They're two-faced.

In 1999, SW didn't have any strong political structure that could fetch them the post of president, but it was given to them because of Abiola's lost mandate. Igbos overwhelmingly supported Obj even when your SW was still in opposition. You're greedy. In fact, you and your people are greedy. You cannot be warning the North that it's unfair for them to continue in 2023, yet you don't see anything wrong in presidency going to the SW in 2023. You're too gre.edy and devi.lish!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by hammerVJ: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
Mandeyy:
It was Awo's greed that made Zik allign with the North. Awo and other Yoruba leaders worked against Zik being the premier of Western region. Awo even extended his greed to who would be the vice Chancellor of University of Ibadan when he wanted Prof. Onabamiro to be the VC (principal then) of UI against Kenneth Dike who was overwhelmingly appointed to administer the UI. Awo even secretly wanted to allign with the North too. I believe you will not like to work with your enemies. That's Zik's point too. Like Zik, I can't work with backstabbers. Yorubas are backstabbers! They're two-faced.

In 1999, SW didn't have any strong political structure that could fetch them the post of president, but it was given to them because of Abiola's lost mandate. Igbos overwhelmingly supported Obj even when your SW was still in opposition. You're greedy. In fact, you and your people are greedy. You cannot be warning the North that it's unfair for them to continue in 2023, yet you don't see anything wrong in presidency going to the SW in 2023. You're too gre.edy and devi.lish!!!

Awolowo was a tribal Bigot.

Tinubu is a tribal Bigot.

Y would any sensible person hand power to know Tribal lords/Warrior?

Do u think Buhari is a fool or he dont have advisers?

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by PureFace1(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2019
waternogetenemy:

Igbo are not the people crying to Buhari to warn ElRufai over becoming President 2023, that is the greedy Yoruba.

The ever bitter and never satisfied and power hungry SW.

So we know who is pained now.

You are the bitter, jealous and hateful people that hate Yoruba.

We all know are you people in South South and South East hate Yoruba.

When GEJ was marginalizing South West you were all making jest of Yoruba and back then it was politics not betrayal.

Yoruba have shown massive support to APC and we deserve the presidency ticket.

If Igbo need the Presidency ticket they should demand it from PDP that they are giving their massive support not APC they hate but because you hate to see Yoruba succeed that's why you are demanding for the ticket where Yoruba are working.

Yoruba are working in APC but you want to reap the reward while you neglect your own work in PDP, that's injustice of the highest order.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHer0:

What is El-Rufais political machinery in the North? El-Rufai that struggled to win Kaduna election is who you’re saying has political clout in the North.

After Ahmadu Bello, the only one that comes close to him is Muhammadu Buhari, and after him there is none that can get that much Northern maximum support.

While I don’t care what happens in the north, it’s good to always put you guys in your place when you try dishing out beer parlor gists.

Do u stay in the north? If not, u don't know whats going on? Kaduna is more Christians than Muslims. For El-Rufai to win there shows how powerful he is to the real northerns (Muslims). 2023 go clear your eye.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
hammerVJ:

Osinbanjo is the commissioner/errand boy.

Nybody the SW hates, the SS/SE will support.

No permanent Friends in Politics, just permanent Interest.

I love that man jhor. El-Rufai for President jare

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by hammerVJ: 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2019
[s]
PureFace1:

You are the bitter, jealous and hateful people that hate Yoruba.

We all know are you people in South South and South East hate Yoruba.

When GEJ was marginalizing South West you were all making jest of Yoruba and back then it was politics not betrayal.

Yoruba have shown massive support to APC and we deserve the presidency ticket.

If Igbo need the Presidency ticket they should demand it from PDP that they are giving their massive support not APC they hate but because you hate to see Yoruba succeed that's why you are demanding for the ticket where Yoruba are working.

Yoruba are working in APC but you want to reap the reward while you neglect your own work in PDP, that's injustice of the highest order.
[/s]

Yoruba should start thinking how to convert Buhari to a Yoruba man, with Yoruba interest, now that election is over.

Instead of abusing SS/SE.

This is my advise.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (35) (Reply)

Buhari Commissioned Road Projects In Imo State (Pictures & Video) / CJTF Repells Suicide Bomber In Borno State (graphic Photos) / Dr Chinelo Megafu's Body Arrives Lagos (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.