Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? (1231 Views)

What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness / 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. / The Great Tribulations After Rapture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 6:06am On Oct 13, 2019
The Israelites were slaves and had to pass through the wilderness and red sea.
Jesus was I'm the wilderness to be tempted of the Devil.
John the Baptist... He was the voice if one crying in the wilderness...
The 12 Apostles passed through their own..
Paul passed through the wilderness experience.

Jesus said in this world, we would have tribulations, to be of good cheer. He has overcome the worldly!

Question...

1) Is tribulation and Wilderness experience the same?
2) Do we all need to pass through the wilderness as Christians?
3) What do we stand to gain or lose?
4) Is it of any spiritual or physical importance?

Happy Sunday.. Have a blessed day all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by toutlemonde: 12:00pm On May 30, 2020
Hi dalass, I sent you a message.
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 12:19pm On May 30, 2020
toutlemonde:
Hi dalass, I sent you a message.

Let's chat here first..

What would you like to say please? Business?
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 12:19pm On May 30, 2020
Or religion?
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by toutlemonde: 12:24pm On May 30, 2020
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by toutlemonde: 12:27pm On May 30, 2020
dalass:
Or religion?

Business
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 12:31pm On May 30, 2020
toutlemonde:

Business

Okay. Which line of business?
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by toutlemonde: 12:42pm On May 30, 2020
dalass:

Okay. Which line of business?

Has to do wit PayPal.
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 1:07pm On May 30, 2020
toutlemonde:

Has to do wit PayPal.

Well I use a relatives PayPal.. I don't have any functional personal one to withdraw and its been okay since she's my sister based abroad.

Get a trusted person or contact others here...

Before getting my sister to get PayPal funds for me, I've used a fellow NLander to get my funds but at high price!
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by toutlemonde: 1:12pm On May 30, 2020
dalass:

Well I use a relatives PayPal.. I don't have any functional personal one to withdraw and its been okay since she's my sister based abroad.

Get a trusted person or contact others here...

Before getting my sister to get PayPal funds for me, I've used a fellow NLander to get my funds but at high price!

I didn't say I had issues with PayPal.
Have a nice day.
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 2:59pm On May 30, 2020
toutlemonde:

I didn't say I had issues with PayPal.
Have a nice day.

Okay.. You want to send me PayPal money?
smiley
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by toutlemonde: 3:28pm On May 30, 2020
dalass:

Okay.. You want to send me PayPal money?
smiley

It depends.
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 4:06pm On May 30, 2020
toutlemonde:

It depends.

On what?
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by toutlemonde: 4:26pm On May 30, 2020
dalass:

On what?

Do you want PayPal money?
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by paxonel(m): 5:08pm On May 30, 2020
You asked a very valid question a lot of even pastors failed to consider
dalass:

Question...

THEY ARE THE SAME THING!
You must have deep understanding of the bible for you to start asking questions like this.

which wilderness?
Do you have any wilderness around the area you are living now?
It was mandated that the disciples should follow Jesus through the wilderness(what is known as the great tribulation) before they could be saved.
Today, we don't need all that.

by going through the wilderness? grin
The closest we have in Africa is sahara desert, it's not funny habiting places like that and what for?

4) Is it of any spiritual or physical importance?
the only spiritual importance of the disciples going through the wilderness with Jesus was to establish God's kingdom on earth, that has already been achieved.
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 5:16pm On May 30, 2020
paxonel:
You asked a very valid question a lot of even pastors failed to consider THEY ARE THE SAME THING!
You must have deep understanding of the bible for you to start asking questions like this.
which wilderness?
Do you have any wilderness around the area you are living now?
It was mandated that the disciples should follow Jesus through the wilderness(what is known as the great tribulation) before they could be saved.
Today, we don't need all that.
by going through the wilderness? grin
The closest we have in Africa is sahara desert, it's not funny habiting places like that and what for?
the only spiritual importance of the disciples going through the wilderness with Jesus was to establish God's kingdom on earth, that has already been achieved.

Hmmmm..

Deep shocked
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 5:16pm On May 30, 2020
toutlemonde:

Do you want PayPal money?

Course I do grin
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by toutlemonde: 5:31pm On May 30, 2020
dalass:

Course I do grin

Okay, I can show you where to get some.

Also that videon thing. I saw a review on it and it's a card spamming site. So be careful about putting your details there so it doesn't get hacked.
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 5:33pm On May 30, 2020
toutlemonde:

Okay, I can show you where to get some.

Also that videon thing. I saw a review on it and it's a card spamming site. So be careful about putting your details there so it doesn't get hacked.

Really
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by toutlemonde: 5:41pm On May 30, 2020
dalass:

Really

Yeah, really.
It's up on scamdoc site.
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 6:11pm On May 30, 2020
toutlemonde:

Yeah, really.
It's up on scamdoc site.

Check scam adviser.. All these online advisers self

Its legit until proven otherwise
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by toutlemonde: 6:19pm On May 30, 2020
dalass:

Check scam adviser.. All these online advisers self

Its legit until proven otherwise

Scam adviser doesn't have ppl reviews

Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 8:02pm On May 30, 2020
Its not scam. You don't need to even put your card. .. Many means of payment including PayPal.. Which only needs your PayPal email.. You can even withdraw to Bitcoins ..

Don't put mouth in what you have no idea about
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On May 30, 2020
dalass:
Your wilderness supposedly refers to the period while you are being established as a follower of Christ. All of the apostles, paul included, seemed to have experienced something similar in the first periods after their conversion.
Tribulation refers to the suffering that you will need to endure even as Christ Himself suffered.
dalass:
The fact is, to become born again, you will need to lose everything you are, you have, you own... That is what Jesus said, and that is what will have to happen during your conversion, it seems, so there is a period there for all this to take place.
Matthew 16 vs 24-25 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
25. For whoever would save his life[g] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
There will be those who choose to drop out of the process -- those for whom the price remains steep.
dalass:
All of the apostles, and first Christians, had to lose/abandon all they had in the beginning.

Matthew 10 vs 37-39 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.
37. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
39. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
As for again, well we have this ...

Mark 10 vs 29-31 (ERV)
29. Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel,
30. who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life.
31. But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”
dalass:
4) Is it of any spiritual or physical importance?!
Not according to Jesus Christ, there isn't
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by dalass(f): 9:31pm On May 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Your wilderness supposedly refers to the period while you are being established as a follower of Christ. All of the apostles, paul included, seemed to have experienced something similar in the first periods after their conversion.
Tribulation refers to the suffering that you will need to endure even as Christ Himself suffered.
The fact is, to become born again, you will need to lose everything you are, you have, you own... That is what Jesus said, and that is what will have to happen during your conversion, it seems, so there is a period there for all this to take place.

There will be those who choose to drop out of the process -- those for whom the price remains steep.

All of the apostles, and first Christians, had to lose/abandon all they had in the beginning.

As for again, well we have this ...

Not according to Jesus Christ, there isn't

Thank you for the exposition
Re: Tribulations And Wilderness Experience: Are They The Same? by Yang1993: 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2021
USA VERIFIED PAYPAL CASH PLUS ACCOUNT AVAILABLE INSTANT DELIVERY!

SSN VERIFIED
ID VERIFIED
ADDRESS VERIFIED
CREDIT CARD VERIFIED
CASH PLUS AVAILABLE (KEEP BALANCE ON YOUR ACCOUNT)
ACCOUNT COMES WITH VERIFICATION DOCUMENTS (ID, SSN DOCUMENT)

ACCOUNT IS IS DELIVERED WITHIN MINUTES.

Whatsapp: +2347064571275
Telegram: @legalverify

(1) (Reply)

How easy can a Born Again go back to sinning? / 5 Popular Nigerian Pastors Without University Education. / Jesus Is GOD.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.