Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad (890 Views)

My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic / Samsung Will Rival Chinese Gang With 45w Fast Charging / HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad by Gizmomachine: 6:28am On Oct 13, 2019
HarmonyOS or HongMeng as it is called in China has been announced and currently running on the company's Honor Vision TV. The OS, which has been in development since 2012, was announced after the US sanctions imposed on Huawei. While this may not be news, the real news is the comment made by the CEO of Huawei, Ren Zhengfei during an interview with Fortune Magazine.

According to the company's boss, the newly developed HarmonyOS, would be able to compete with top rivals like Apple’s iOS within a period of 2 years. He went further to say;

I think it will take less than two to three years. Since I'm part of the company's leadership, I need to be a bit more conservative when discussing timelines. Otherwise, I may end up putting too much pressure on our staffs.

HarmonyOS has been tested by some smartphone makers and according to claims, is faster than Android OS. The OS, which was designed to run on smart watches and speakers, will also run on smartphones and in vehicles.

Huawei's recent revenue took a dive because the company was unable to use Google’s products in Huawei’s smartphones. It's latest smartphone lineup, the Mate 30 series was launched with Android Open Source Project (AOSP). This means, the smartphones will not be supporting Google Play Service.

Ren Zhengfei revealed his company hopes to continue doing business with Google if the ban was ever lifted. According to him;

We still hope to continue to use Google's operating system, and we remain committed to a friendly cooperation with Google. We need to further improve in terms of software. we're somewhat weak when it comes to big software architecture.

The company seems very confident about its self developed operating system and we hope to see how things play out in the near further.

Source: https://www.gizmolad.com/2019/10/harmonyos-will-rival-apples-ios-in-2-years-says-huawei-ceo/

Re: Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad by Bigflamie(m): 6:46am On Oct 13, 2019
I don't just know why I prefer Americans to these Chinese. Americans might be bad but I trust them more than I do to chinese.

3 Likes

Re: Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad by Ejadike(m): 7:06am On Oct 13, 2019
Gizmomachine:
HarmonyOS or HongMeng as it is called in China has been announced and currently running on the company's Honor Vision TV. The OS, which has been in development since 2012, was announced after the US sanctions imposed on Huawei. While this may not be news, the real news is the comment made by the CEO of Huawei, Ren Zhengfei during an interview with Fortune Magazine.

According to the company's boss, the newly developed HarmonyOS, would be able to compete with top rivals like Apple’s iOS within a period of 2 years. He went further to say;

I think it will take less than two to three years. Since I'm part of the company's leadership, I need to be a bit more conservative when discussing timelines. Otherwise, I may end up putting too much pressure on our staffs.

HarmonyOS has been tested by some smartphone makers and according to claims, is faster than Android OS. The OS, which was designed to run on smart watches and speakers, will also run on smartphones and in vehicles.

Huawei's recent revenue took a dive because the company was unable to use Google’s products in Huawei’s smartphones. It's latest smartphone lineup, the Mate 30 series was launched with Android Open Source Project (AOSP). This means, the smartphones will not be supporting Google Play Service.

Ren Zhengfei revealed his company hopes to continue doing business with Google if the ban was ever lifted. According to him;

We still hope to continue to use Google's operating system, and we remain committed to a friendly cooperation with Google. We need to further improve in terms of software. we're somewhat weak when it comes to big software architecture.

The company seems very confident about its self developed operating system and we hope to see how things play out in the near further.

Source: https://www.gizmolad.com/2019/10/harmonyos-will-rival-apples-ios-in-2-years-says-huawei-ceo/
this is what we want. Room for competition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad by henryobinna(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2019
Ejadike:
this is what we want. Room for competition
there's already room for competition. last time I checked that's what capitalism does, everyone is at liberty to compete.

Thinking crap-ony OS will rival any major smartphone OS is just wishful thinking borne out of too much fantasies

1 Like

Re: Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 13, 2019
Bigflamie:
I don't just know why I prefer Americans to these Chinese. Americans might be bad but I trust them more than I do to chinese.
Trust Americans? Haba. American that can use your head.
Re: Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 13, 2019
If people in China and India, i.e atleast more than 10 mill people ( just trying to be nice here, though it might be in the hundreds million segment) use Android without the play store, and other Google services, what makes you think this can't succeed?

1 Like

Re: Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad by mikkycoins(m): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2019
Action speaks louder than words

Original Kingston 64gb memory cards for 4500 naira with free delivery nationwide

Re: Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad by Jake420: 9:36am On Oct 13, 2019
Wishful thinking but good luck
Re: Harmonyos Will Rival Apple’s Ios In 2 Years Says Huawei CEO - Gizmolad by Timileyin1234(m): 9:36am On Oct 13, 2019
Mitchew. Os whey never existed

(1) (Reply)

Get Free #1000 From This Bank App / My Accer Laptop Trip Off While Browsing And Won't Power On / Redmi, Tecno And Infinix Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.