Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,813 members, 7,844,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper (2810 Views)

Pictures : See What They Teach In President Jonathan Almajiri Schools / No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola / Video: Nigerian Businesses Prosper In Asia! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by DapoBear(m): 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2010
The North can be a solid country if you guys work hard to build it up. He is right, you can be prosperous without oil. But you'll need to change your culture entirely, value education and school, stop oppressing your women and forcing them to get married early.

But all of this will require HARD work. It isn't as easy as just stealing money from the south that doesn't belong to you.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by aljharem(m): 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2010
this is the capital of niger
[img][/img]

Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by aljharem(m): 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2010
DapoBear:

The North can be a solid country if you guys work hard to build it up. He is right, you can be prosperous without oil. But you'll need to change your culture entirely, value education and school, stop oppressing your women and forcing them to get married early.

But all of this will require HARD work. It isn't as easy as just stealing money from the south that doesn't belong to you.

thank u

pls try to explain to ijaws and the igbos ooo angry
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Afam4eva(m): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2010
DapoBear:

Any country can succeed without oil. But unfortunately the North does not have what it takes to become a successful country. No be cause.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by auwal87(m): 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2010
DapoBear:

I am telling you this, Northern People are very easy to go by, if you explain to them (especially by righteous Scholars) that early marriage, oppression is totally UnIslamic, I am very sure they will understand, if I can understand that oppression of women is not right, why not other Arewa brother?
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by chyz(m): 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2010
Why are you all against the north having their own country? angry angry angry angry. Stop being hypocrites!
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Afam4eva(m): 8:25pm On Nov 07, 2010
chyz:

Why are you all against the north having their own country? angry angry angry angry. Stop being hypocrites!

Nobody in his right senses will be against the secession of the North.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by DapoBear(m): 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2010
alj harem:

thank u

pls try to explain to ijaws and the igbos ooo angry

It is only arrogance and anger and a bit of racism that will make one feel that the north will completely fall apart without southerners. And don't get me wrong, I've been guilty of this arrogance myself, so I'm pointing fingers also at myself.

I think secession would do you guys good, you'd wake up out of your deep slumber and actually start building a nation. Or at least, this is my belief.

But as I said, the main thing is that you guys have to get rid of these backward customs you have. For example, international agencies tried to eradicate polio in Africa, your leaders banned them from giving you guys vaccination to prevent the disease. Now polio is resurgent in northern nigeria.

You can have a good Muslim society. But you need to copy off of countries like Turkey, not ones like Sudan or Yemen. Turkey had this badass leader named Kemal Ataturk, who forced his people to reject backwards ways and accept modern life. With similar sorts of modern leadership and reform, you could do well.

If you do not find your Ataturk, and stick with your current backwards ways and reject Western education and knowledge, then you'll become like the Niger Republic.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by jason12345: 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2010
chyz:

they cannot leave when everything is going bad in the country. when the igbos want to leave, they stopped them so they are not leaving!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by chyz(m): 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2010
jason12345:

they cannot leave when everything is going bad in the country. when the igbos want to leave, they stopped them so they are not leaving!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry

No victor no vanquish. Let them leave. Insha Allah they will leave and have their own country.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by jason12345: 8:39pm On Nov 07, 2010
chyz:

No victor no vanquish. Let them leave. Insha Allah they will leave and have their own country.
grin grin grin. okay. amen!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

once they leave what happens? odua republic/biafra or southern nigeria?
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Afam4eva(m): 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2010
jason12345:

Anyone will be OK but i'll prefere a southern Nigeriann federation.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by aljharem(m): 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2010
chyz:

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy

just watch how nothern nigeria would turn out grin
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by chyz(m): 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2010
jason12345:

God will decide.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by auwal87(m): 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2010
DapoBear:

It is only arrogance and anger and a bit of racism that will make one feel that the north will completely fall apart without southerners. And don't get me wrong, I've been guilty of this arrogance myself, so I'm pointing fingers also at myself.

I think secession would do you guys good, you'd wake up out of your deep slumber and actually start building a nation. Or at least, this is my belief.

But as I said, the main thing is that you guys have to get rid of these backward customs you have. For example, international agencies tried to eradicate polio in Africa, your leaders banned them from giving you guys vaccination to prevent the disease. Now polio is resurgent in northern nigeria.

You can have a good Muslim society. But you need to copy off of countries like Turkey, not ones like Sudan or Yemen. Turkey had this badass leader named Kemal Ataturk, who forced his people to reject backwards ways and accept modern life. With similar sorts of modern leadership and reform, you could do well.

If you do not find your Ataturk, and stick with your current backwards ways and reject Western education and knowledge, then you'll become like the Niger Republic.

To the bold part.

In 1996, an American Coy (Pfizer) conducted tests (trovafloxacin) on 100 children (ALL IN AREWA) five of whom died, with many others suffering life-altering injuries. Again they conducted another tests (ceftriaxone) on another 100 children (ALL IN AREWA) six of whom died, with many others suffering till now.

Since then, people of AREWA were afraid of giving out their children for any test or vaccine that comes from the West, (this is what will happen even if its another country, not Nigeria).

So, in early 2004, Shekarau announced the suspension of the vaccine "UNTIL INVESTIGATIONS ARE MADE" Physicians from all over NIGERIA and Outside NIGERIA conducted tests on samples randomly taken. The final result was that the tested Vaccines were okay. So the Governor ordered the vaccination to continue, and announce that the Vaccine is okay, the Emir himself vaccinated so many children in one Polio day, to show their acceptance. Since then people are accepting the vaccines, and so far, no problem is encountered.

FYI.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by jason12345: 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2010
afam4eva:

Anyone will be OK but i'll prefere a southern Nigeriann federation.

ME TOO!

we are different in values and in culture but we have one aim and that is progress. i would also support a confederation in the south so that no group would feel marginalised. what do you think? but before that can happen, we need to forget about biafra. cool
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by jason12345: 8:45pm On Nov 07, 2010
chyz:

God will decide.

again, you are right!!!
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 07, 2010
Northern Nigeria has the potential.

[s]They loff ooking like clowns more than anything[/s]
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Afam4eva(m): 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2010
jason12345:

ME TOO!

we are different in values and in culture but we have one aim and that is progress. i would also support a confederation in the south so that no group would feel marginalised. what do you think? but before that can happen, we need to forget about biafra. cool

But it's not going to be easy with Igbos and yorubas in it. I propose a capital in Asaba which is in the Delta.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by chyz(m): 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Northern Nigeria has the potential.

[s]They loff ooking like clowns more than anything[/s]

You really hate these people don't you?LOL.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2010
chyz:

You really hate these people don't you?LOL.
Hate is a strong word lol
I hate no one.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by aljharem(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2010
afam4eva:

But it's not going to be easy with Igbos and yorubas in it. I propose a capital in Asaba which is in the Delta.

i think ur capital should still be in abuja

because we do not want it angry angry
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by jason12345: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2010
afam4eva:

i don't think the yorubas will care about the capital. it can be anywhere as long as its neutral wink. so asaba would do fine.

the yorubas and igbos all around the world would be motivated to build the new country!!! it would be so exciting!!! cheesy
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by AkinEgba: 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Akin-Egba = Mekusxzy man from Egba

Ileke Idi = Funmi something = FL gators
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by jason12345: 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2010
afam4eva:

but do you think the igbos can forget biafra?
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by aljharem(m): 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2010
jason12345:

i don't think the yorubas will care about the capital. it can be anywhere as long as its neutral wink. so asaba would do fine.

the yorubas and igbos all around the world would be motivated to build the new country!!! it would be so exciting!!! cheesy

even us would be very very exicted to build our country cheesy cheesy
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by jason12345: 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2010
alj harem:

even us would be very very exicted to build our country cheesy cheesy

i think the feeling is mutual. why don't the northern senators and representative pass a bill and split the country
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by aljharem(m): 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2010
jason12345:

i think the feeling is mutual. why don't the northern senators and representative pass a bill and split the country

that is the same question we been asking.

this leaders still want nigeria because of the oil money, that is all!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry

why do think boko harem was formed

it is to cause the nigeria to be intolerant to to us and split
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by DapoBear(m): 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2010
auwal87:

To the bold part.

In 1996, an American Coy (Pfizer) conducted tests (trovafloxacin) on 100 children (ALL IN AREWA) five of whom died, with many others suffering life-altering injuries. Again they conducted another tests (ceftriaxone) on another 100 children (ALL IN AREWA) six of whom died, with many others suffering till now.

Since then, people of AREWA were afraid of giving out their children for any test or vaccine that comes from the West, (this is what will happen even if its another country, not Nigeria).

So, in early 2004, Shekarau announced the suspension of the vaccine "UNTIL INVESTIGATIONS ARE MADE" Physicians from all over NIGERIA and Outside NIGERIA conducted tests on samples randomly taken. The final result was that the tested Vaccines were okay. So the Governor ordered the vaccination to continue, and announce that the Vaccine is okay, the Emir himself vaccinated so many children in one Polio day, to show their acceptance. Since then people are accepting the vaccines, and so far, no problem is encountered.

FYI.

You are completely correct:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trovafloxacin

To be honest, sometimes these drug companies do some very shady things. I shouldn't have made it out to be as simple as I did. They often look to cut costs by testing these things in Africa. If you test these experimental drugs in America or the West, then you can be sued if they cause harm. And the oversight is lot larger if you do your testing here.

I apologize for simplifying a complicated issue.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by hercules07: 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2010
@afam

They do take life easier than people down south and I do not see how we can be united down south if the country should split into two.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by auwal87(m): 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2010
DapoBear:

You are completely correct:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trovafloxacin

To be honest, sometimes these drug companies do some very shady things. I shouldn't have made it out to be as simple as I did. They often look to cut costs by testing these things in Africa. If you test these experimental drugs in America or the West, then you can be sued if they cause harm. And the oversight is lot larger if you do your testing here.

I apologize for simplifying a complicated issue.

Apology accepted!

By digging things down, you will know that things don't just happen without reason.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Afam4eva(m): 9:11pm On Nov 07, 2010
hercules07:

@afam

They do take life easier than people down south and I do not see how we can be united down south if the country should split into two.

I ddon't think we'll be that united because our history will continue to hunt us. But that cannot stop us from having a very good country devoid of problems.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Imagine An Igbo President? / Appeal Court Hears Suit To Unseat Aks Governor Godswill Akpabio June 27: / Consumers, Traders Groan As Food Prices Soar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.