Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,415 members, 7,843,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper (2809 Views)

Pictures : See What They Teach In President Jonathan Almajiri Schools / No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola / Video: Nigerian Businesses Prosper In Asia! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by DapoBear(m): 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2010
afam4eva:

I ddon't think we'll be that united because our history will continue to hunt us. But that cannot stop us from having a very good country devoid of problems.

Easiest and safest thing to do is to just have separate countries. Separate country doesn't mean enemies. England and France have been enemies and rivals for a long time, but now are good friends, even have a train you can take to go from to the other across the sea, I am told. Plenty of trade and movement back and forth.

Now, question is, is Yorubaland England or France?  grin I'm not quite sure which one we'd be. I'm inclined to say England, you guys can be France  wink
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Afam4eva(m): 9:49pm On Nov 07, 2010
DapoBear:

Easiest and safest thing to do is to just have separate countries. Separate country doesn't mean enemies. England and France have been enemies and rivals for a long time, but now are good friends, even have a train you can take to go from to the other across the sea, I am told. Plenty of trade and movement back and forth.

Now, question is, is Yorubaland England or France?  grin I'm not quite sure which one we'd be. I'm inclined to say England, you guys can be France  wink

So are you suggesting that England is better than france?
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by DapoBear(m): 9:55pm On Nov 07, 2010
afam4eva:

So are you suggesting that England is better than france?

Hard to say, if one was clearly better than the other, then one would have dominated the other throughout history. Must be that they have overall been fairly well matched.

But personally if I had to choose one to identify with, I'd pick England. I know their culture and history better than that of France (Canterbury Tales, Arthurian legends, Victorian Literature, Robin Hood, colonization of America, etc). Hard for me to pick France, since I don't know as much about them and their culture.

EDIT: Also, their refusal to give up their currency for the Euro, and general reluctance and skepticism of the EU as a whole sounds very Yoruba to me. They like their little island are and happy with it.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by coldhearts(f): 10:40pm On Nov 07, 2010
If the north leaves, so should the yorubas. southern nigeria yoruba/igbo shocked shocked shocked - NOOOOOO way
It will only lead to more problems in the future. Yorubas do not need igbos and i'm sure igbos don't need us (yorubas).
let yoruba be and let igbo's go their own way. Please let them leave. Everyone can go and improve themselves in their own republic.

At this point, igbos can keep the frea*king oil/mend and hausa can keep whatever they want. Just let us go our own way too if it comes to that. We need to preserve our own culture.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Arysexy(m): 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2010
^^^^^

Nobody is going nowhere! we shall all be in this country and suffer it all! What the Igbos saw 100 yrs ago and wanted to leave but were maimed, killed, 'conquered' and assimilated back into the hell, u guys are now waking up? Hell no! if Awusa or yoriba do fiam! na Genocide una go see walahi! sad sad sad
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by jason12345: 11:02pm On Nov 07, 2010
Arysexy:

^^^^^

Nobody is going nowhere! we shall all be in this country and suffer it all! What the Igbos saw 100 yrs ago and wanted to leave but were maimed, killed, 'conquered' and assimilated back into the hell, u guys are now waking up? Hell no! if Awusa or yoriba do fiam! na Genocide una go see walahi! sad sad sad

oh boy!!! NO THING, I REPEAT NOTHING WILL HAPPEN IF THOSE TWO DECIDE TO LEAVE ESPECIALLY THE HAUSAS!!!! SO CALM DOWN!!!! cool cool cool
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by tpia5: 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Hate is a strong word lol
I hate no one.

cant hate yourself, can you?

or maybe you can.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by tpia5: 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Typical Hausa man.

kini won moh? grin grin

hmm.

so if a hausa man admires your goods, you wont sell?

yeah right.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Nobody: 1:36am On Nov 08, 2010
Arysexy:

^^^^^

LOL. Do you want to see genocide?
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by auwal87(m): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2010
Just like we are all good neighbours with Niger Republic, Benin Republic, and Cameroon (at least apart from the Bakassi issue). Arewa will be good neighbours with Yoruba and Igbo countries. We will be good friends, remembering history and laughing to ourselves. (We will know that the present system we are today is just a game but not real).
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Dawgpound: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2010
You Hausa-fulani core northerners can and should go to hell. Why don't y'all declare ur damn republic once for all?
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Dawgpound: 10:37am On Nov 08, 2010
Bloody parasites. May the souls of the Ogoni who have perished and continue to perish due to your wickedness haunt you basttards in your damn republic. May poverty, more polio, starvation, more boko haram and almajiri continue to render you mindless cretins useless. If I have an atomic bomb I'll nuke u diseased out of existence. Bloody oil hungry fanatics.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by SanFranc(m): 10:58am On Nov 08, 2010
If only this can become a reality.
For developmental purposes, good governance, accountability, respect for rule of law, peace, true unity and prosperity, this country should be divided along regional lines into three.
1-Arewa or Almajiri Republic
2-Odua republic
3-Republic of Biafra

Each region should then decide on a suitable form of government and leadership.
This is the only legacy we can leave for the future generation.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by DapoBear(m): 11:10am On Nov 08, 2010
Dawgpound:

You Hausa-fulani core northerners can and should go to hell. Why don't y'all declare your damn republic once for all?

Relax, my brother. Again, there is a difference between individual people and bad leaders. Even the Hausa man is not truly our enemy. It is the Fulani who is. Fulani man conquered the Hausa man, and invaded and conquered Ilorin in Yorubaland. Hausa man is just as much a victim of the Fulani infiltrators as you and I are. All the money they stole, the oil wealth they have robbed from your people, do they ever spend it on uplifting their own people? As bad as the Ogoni are suffering, at least you guys have education and can reason. Average Hausa man doesn't even have that!

At the end of the day, you have to recognize that it is not the common Hausa man that is your enemy. It is their leaders, a band of Fulani thugs who are descendants of Usman Dan Fodio, who conquered Hausaland and were gifted all of Nigeria by the British. When Nigeria breaks up, even the Hausa man will wake up, open his eyes and overthrow his feudal Fulani lords.

Hell, in Kwara state, Bukola Saraki and his family do not even view themselves as Yoruba! He holds himself apart. Was he not the one who claims to be a Fulani from Mali? You see the arrogance of these people, that would set themselves up as lords of a people and would enslave an entire nation.

I'm not saying you have to love the Hausa, but open your eyes and be aware of who the real enemy is.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by auwal87(m): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2010
In JIGAWA alone, we have the following;

Kaolin
Large deposits of kaolin abound in Duste, Gwaram, Kazaure and Roni Local government areas. Kaolin is used in the manufacture of white cement, white wash, drugs like mist-kaolin. It can also be used in the manufacture of ceramic items of high quality as well as toothpaste.

Tourmaline
This is a highly valued type of gem stone and it is found in parts of Gwaram Local Government Area.

Marl and Marlstone
These deposits occur in Hadejia, Birniwa, Birnin Kudu, Gumel and Garki Local government areas. It is widely used in the manufacture of cement and fertilizer for soils deficient in acid.

Potash
This mineral is available in Birniwa and Kirikasamma local government areas. It is used in the manufacture of drugs and explosives.

Silica
Silica is used in the manufacture of sheet glass, abrasive paper, ceramics and burnt bricks. It exists at Ringim, Birniwa, Kazaure, and Babura local government areas.

Iron Ore
This is found in Roni Local Government Area. Iron ore is used in steel manufacturing.

Copper
This is found in the iron ore field identified at Roni Local Government. It is largely used in making ornaments, kitchen utensils, electrical wires, and coins.

Pedoshper
This occurs in the Birnin Kudu Local Government Area. It is used in the manufacture of ceramics, artificial teeth, and even cement.

Gold
Traces of Gold have been identified in Dutse Local Government Area. Meanwhile, further investigation is presently going on to trace its origin.

White Quartz
Occurring in commercial quantity at Kazaure and Roni, white quartz is used in manufacturing glass and ceramic items. It also exists in crystal form at Gwaram Local Government Area.

Refactory Clay
This deposit is available at Hadejia and is mainly used as a refactory clay or mould.

Fine Clay
This deposit with expected high aluminum content is available at Gwaram Local Government Area.

Antimony
This in compound with other minerals is available at Birnin-Kudu.

This is ONLY 1 state in Arewa Republic!
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Kenezi: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2010
Why would Northerners leave Nigeria when their Jihad is not finished? If I remember correctly the Quran is to be dipped into the Atlantic Ocean.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by auwal87(m): 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2010
Kenezi:

Why would Northerners leave Nigeria when their Jihad is not finished? If I remember correctly the Quran is to be dipped into the Atlantic Ocean.

Said by WHO?
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by auwal87(m): 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2010
guddsid:

how many states currently in Nigeria would make up arewa republic ?? where would the middle belt guys stand . You know they aren't "cool" with you hausa's / fulani's the "core" northerners . How about kwara states ?? Kogi state ? Plateau state ? benue state ? . Without the middle belt , the region known for agriculture and the region that contributes over 70% of agricultural products from the "north" (even though we know they don't see themselves as northerners ) the arewa state would be worse than somalia . So if you guys really plan on doing this "arewa" state then you have a lot of work to do convincing the middle belt to join you but i doubt they would be interested in being part of the arewa state[b] considering the injustice and marginalization they have been through under the "core" northerners [/b]

shocked Ignorant
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:26am On Nov 14, 2010
@
Barka da aiki, zamu daka ka sarkin yakin Arewa republic grin grin grin grin
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by DapoBear(m): 1:59am On Nov 14, 2010
auwal87:

shocked Ignorant

Nah, I think he is mostly correct. The Gwaris for example around Abuja don't like Hausas at all. Jos would not join. Even Southern Kaduna might not necessarily join, since they have so many Christians. Kwara probably would not join. Kogi state, probably not.
Re: Call It Almajiri Republic Or Whatever, It Will Prosper by aljharem(m): 2:02am On Nov 14, 2010
DapoBear:

Nah, I think he is mostly correct. The Gwaris for example around Abuja don't like Hausas at all. Jos would not join. Even Southern Kaduna might not necessarily join, since they have so many Christians. Kwara probably would not join. Kogi state, probably not.
i would like to be honest here, i think u are right about the abuja,kwara,kogi and plateau
but i know kaduna would join, definitely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omisore, Oyinlola, David Mark, Gbenga Daniels Win Primaries / Can You Imagine An Igbo President? / Prophecy. Atiku to win election in 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.