Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? (1024 Views)

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering / The Complete Truth About Tithes As Summarised By Pastor Reno Omokri / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
The Church needs money to perform, tell me which organization can survive without money. From gateman to the priests, they all have to be paid.
You guys don't even ask what are the expenses of a church. let forget buying land and building, which we know is not a small deal,
Generator and fuels
you have to buy Generator, no Church in Nigeria can depend only on the govt for power, The money use for fuel every week is no joke, In my Church we can use 5k for only 3 days.

you need water supply
you need money for musical instruments

except you want a very boring church service you need to buy atleast a keyboard which is about 178k, drum kit, bass guitar, for sound systems we have mics (original ones should be 10k),two sound speakers, amplifiers. If you have choir you have to buy ropes, you need a church bus and others.

In my church pastors have to concentrate full time on their jobs from doing all documentations and paper work to visiting church members. Some rural churches can't even pay their pastors and bigger churches have to take the burdens. In my church, pastors with other jobs aren't even paid at all and so are other church workers, a seton who work all day may receive as low as 15.

Transportation is always problem. I don't know if you expect money to fall from heaven to solve it, the church does a lot of welfare from helping widows to creating schools, which the church member children go to, it not free but it free 'cause they don't pay the school fees and the burden falls on the church again,

most times people come from no where and beg our pastor for money which he can't refuse, the church helps in community development, like tarring the roads since the community like to believe that the church as many money...still typing
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
I don't know how expect the church to bear all these without funds, and some of you even expect the pastor too feed all the church members, like are you for real? In a Church of about 200 members only about 50 who are good Christians may pays titles sef.
Notice I did talk about evangelism at all or the money the Church gives the govt.

you never care to find all these out you keep going to fake churches and generalizing calling pastors are thieves and rapist.

Some even says the govt is better than the church, which preaches love, peace and selfless action too mankind.

let me say no more, answer the threads question.
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Nwodosis(m): 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
Nobody is against contribution of money for the growth of the church but it should be called what it is as contributions and not as tithes!

1 Like

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Commentor: 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
You don't need sound systems.

When Jesus spoke and fed 5000 I'm assuming he wasn't using Seinnheiser microphone or Binatone keyboards.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by achikolo(f): 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
You don't need sound systems.

When Jesus spoke and fed 5000 I'm assuming he wasn't using Seinnheiser microphone or Binatone keyboards.
[/s]
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Miradamian: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2019
Then u tell us to contribute for the welfare of the church,not to force tithe on us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by paxonel(m): 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
ABCthings:
The Church needs money to perform, tell me which organization can survive without money. From gateman to the priests, they all have to be paid.
You guys don't even ask what are the expenses of a church. let forget buying land and building, which we know is not a small deal,
Generator and fuels
you have to buy Generator, no Church in Nigeria can depend only on the govt for power, The money use for fuel every week is no joke, In my Church we can use 5k for only 3 days.

you need water supply

except you want a very boring church service you need to buy atleast a keyboard which is about 178k, drum kit, bass guitar, for sound systems we have mics (original ones should be 10k),two sound speakers, amplifiers. If you have choir you have to buy ropes, you need a church bus and others.

In my church pastors have to concentrate full time on their jobs from doing all documentations and paper work to visiting church members. Some rural churches can't even pay their pastors and bigger churches have to take the burdens. In my church, pastors with other jobs aren't even paid at all and so are other church workers, a seton who work all day may receive as low as 15.

Transportation is always problem. I don't know if you expect money to fall from heaven to solve it, the church does a lot of welfare from helping widows to creating schools, which the church member children go to, it not free but it free 'cause they don't pay the school fees and the burden falls on the church again,

most times people come from no where and beg our pastor for money which he can't refuse, the church helps in community development, like tarring the roads since the community like to believe that the church as many money...still typing
there are other ways the church can get money without the use of fraudulent tithing and extortion of vulnerable church members which has no scriptural root

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
Miradamian:
Then u tell us to contribute for the welfare of the church,not to force tithe on us
No one is forcing tithes on you, it what you should do naturally as a Christian.
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
Nwodosis:
Nobody is against contribution of money for the growth of the church but it should be called what it is as contributions and not as tithes!
Tithes is just 10percent of your income it not too big to give God.
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2019
paxonel:
there are other ways the church can get money without the use of fraudulent tithing and extortion of vulnerable church members which has no scriptural root
Again, No one will kill you if you don't pay tithes, And no one said tithes is the ticket to heaven.

Please tell us these ways.
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by paxonel(m): 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
ABCthings:
Again, No one will kill you if you don't pay tithes, And no one said tithes is the ticket to heaven.
it's not about me or even the money the people pay!
It's about enlighting people who are paying the tithe of scriptures, let them know the truth.
And you know the implications of not telling people the truth?
It makes the people not to be intelligent people.
The day these people will end up knowing the truth from the bible about this tithing thing, they will feel that they have been scammed all these while and have been playing the fool,that is when they will know that they were never intelligent in the first place.

And do you know what it means for the people not to be intelligent?
It means, the nation at large will be having serious fundamental issues because there are no intelligent persons to pick among the people to rule as governor or president.

Please tell us these ways.
free will donations of church members for every project the church is embarking is not bad

1 Like

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
paxonel:
it's not about me or even the money the people pay!
It's about enlighting people who are paying the tithe of scriptures, let them know the truth.
And you know the implications of not telling people the truth?
It makes the people not to be intelligent people.
The day these people will end up knowing the truth from the bible about this tithing thing, they will feel that they have been scammed all these while and have been playing the fool,that is when they will know that they were never intelligent in the first place.

And do you know what it means for the people not to be intelligent?
It means, the nation at large will be having serious fundamental issues because there are no intelligent persons to pick among the people to rule as governor or president.
free will donations of church members for every project the church is embarking is not bad
which truth?, Tithing is part of the Church traditions we still have. If you feel the tenth of your money is too much to give God, you can go to a non-tithing Church instead of insulting men of God, I wonder why Christians do these, it really shows levity.

Again, what are the lies about tithes
And what are the truths?

What are you advocating for?
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by paxonel(m): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2019
ABCthings:
which truth?,
OK, tradition,
That is what you call it and that is exactly what it is.
Traditions can be man made, they can also be reviewed.

Tithing is part of the Church traditions we still have. If you feel the tenth of your money is too much to give God,
not God but man, except you people prove otherwise.

you can go to a non-tithing Church instead of insulting men of God,
ofcourse, i don't need a tithing church. And no one is insulting anyone here grin

I wonder why Christians do these, it really shows levity.
so, you want Christians to be serious in paying tithe?
How is that benefitting Christians?
The ones we paid in the past there was nothing to show for it. Infact, things are really better now that we are not paying anymore how will you explain that?
And how will you explain Dangote not a tithe payer, yet non of your pastors or church members have half of the measure of his wealth?

Again, what are the lies about tithes
And what are the truths?

What are you advocating for?
it's simple!
At first we were told that if we don't pay tithe we are robbing God, they will quote Malachi for that to compel people to pay so that they will not feel that they are robbing God.
After the truth has been revealed and Christians now know that they were not robbing God for not paying tithe afterall, the church have now changed it to tithing is a free will gift to the church.

This is the truth, a man can never rob God who is wiser than man, it's not possible.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Mowriyah: 11:03pm On Oct 15, 2019

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
ABCthings:
Generator and fuels

you need water supply

U are suffering from set of inflicted confusion.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 28.

Numbers 18 vs 26.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
ABCthings:
I don't know how expect the church to bear all these without funds, and some of you even expect the pastor too feed all the church members, like are you for real? In a Church of about 200 members only about 50 who are good Christians may pays titles sef.
Notice I did talk about evangelism at all or the money the Church gives the govt.

you never care to find all these out you keep going to fake churches and generalizing calling pastors are thieves and rapist.

Some even says the govt is better than the church, which preaches love, peace and selfless action too mankind.

let me say no more, answer the threads question.

""In a Church of about 200 members only about 50 who are good Christians may pays titles sef. ""

Is tithe the only money that the church collects
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

""In a Church of about 200 members only about 50 who are good Christians may pays titles sef. ""

Is tithe the only money that the church collects
But it one of the main source of income.
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U are suffering from set of inflicted confusion.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 28.

Numbers 18 vs 26.
What's your point?
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
ABCthings:
What's your point?

Read dem first.

Den ask relevant questions, i will gladly answer

1 Like

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
ABCthings:
But it one of the main source of income.

NO.

Tithe is not a source of income for the church leadership
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Read dem first.

Den ask relevant questions, i will gladly answer
You think I will comment without reading them first? The passages are more on my side than yours
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

NO.

Then it what? what do you think the Levite's survive on?
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

NO.

Then it what? what do you think the Levites survive on?
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by LOWLIFER: 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2019
rt
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
ABCthings:
You think I will comment without reading them first? The passages are more on my side than yours

If u read it, this would not be ur reply.
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
ABCthings:
Then it what? what do you think the Levite's survive on?

In Israel, the levites receive a portion of everyone's tithe. Then the levites pays tithe as well from the tithe they received, that's how food will be in the house if God.

But today, there 're no levites in ur church

1 Like

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

If u read it, this would not be ur reply.
Stop beating around the bush and state your purpose
. If you go through my posts, I was not saying you shouldn't give money to the poor or Pastor are excluded from tithes. I only said the Church needs money to run effectively.
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

In Israel, the levites receive a portion of everyone's tithe. Then the levites pays tithe as well from the tithe they received, that's how food will be in the house if God.

But today, there 're no levites in ur church
But there are priest and they need to be paid. They attend to you day and nights, Praying and interceding for you. Should they go hungry? Will few tubers of yam pay their children's school fees?
Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
ABCthings:
Stop beating around the bush and state your purpose
. If you go through my posts, I was not saying you shouldn't give money to the poor or Pastor are excluded from tithes. I only said the Church needs money to run effectively.

Yes church needs money to run effectively,. But that money is not tithe.

Bible clearly specifies how tithe should be paid to levites, widows,.orphans, poor people, etc

Other monies generated by the church can be used to pay rent and buy music equipment, not tithe

1 Like

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
ABCthings:
But there are priest and they need to be paid. They attend to you day and nights, Praying and interceding for you. Should they go hungry? Will few tubers of yam pay their children's school fees?

Tithe shouldn't be used to pay pastor n priests children's school fees, it isn't what God intended it for.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by paxonel(m): 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
ABCthings:
it's not about the payment.
It's about the attitude of receiving the money by pastors.
They quote Malachi saying if you don't pay then you are robbing God. This has caused fear of not being seen robbing God by church members by so doing they are compelled to pay on monthly bases 10% of their income which is wrong.

Now, you can give to pastors any amount you wish and I think that offering collection would have been enough to meet the needs of pastors and the affairs of the church, but certainly not tithing because you can't quote that because the Jews paid tithe therefore the gentiles should also pay, it is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You All Complaining About Tithes? by ABCthings: 9:02am On Nov 28, 2019
paxonel:
it's not about the payment.
It's about the attitude of receiving the money by pastors.
They quote Malachi saying if you don't pay then you are robbing God. This has caused fear of not being seen robbing God by church members by so doing they are compelled to pay on monthly bases 10% of their income which is wrong.

Now, you can give to pastors any amount you wish and I think that offering collection would have been enough to meet the needs of pastors and the affairs of the church, but certainly not tithing because you can't quote that because the Jews paid tithe therefore the gentiles should also pay, it is wrong.
Okay you have a point there.
But tithing is still one of the major incomes for the Church, maybe with time it will gradually be stop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnant Secretary Of Pope Francis Found Dead In Her Rome Apartment / Shiloh Is Bad, The Glory Left The House At Shiloh / Mercy Chinwo Introduction Ceremony(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.