Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. (1217 Views)

Notable signatures of Lugard, Zik, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Gani, Ojukwu & others / Shocker: Onitsha In 1950 Is More Decent Than Ibadan Of 2023!!! / Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by BuhariAdvocate: 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
Here is the picture of sir Ahmadu Bello the first premier of the northern region . Stood beside students and encouraged them to focus on their education 1950.

Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by Carmit(m): 4:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
Na this man start this Hausa domination for naija politics angry
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
Slavery didn't start today.

They must do everything to defend their masters and pledge unquenching allegiance/loyalty to the caliphate.
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by MetaPhysical: 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Back in 50s and 60s Northern women went about on the street without hijab.

Somehow and somewhere North lost its soul and became fanatical about women and covering. This trend exploded after they became Sharianized.

Now even donkeys on Northern streets are wondering why 5yr old yarinya is draped in covering. .... Did Islam prescribe this extremism?

In contrast, as girls covering became socialized priority in their education scaled down.

North has regressed in all areas of human development outside fanatical creeds for religious pursuits.

1 Like

Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by TooMuchStuff: 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
The man that started it all.

The fanatic

1 Like

Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by seunmsg(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
But he refused to allow women to vote throughout his tenure as premier of northern region.

2 Likes

Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by myfan: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
Ok
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by TwoBottles: 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2019
sad
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by johnmartus(m): 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
And who is the slave here.we are all here to learn.
MelesZenawi:

They must do everything to defend their masters and pledge unquenching allegiance/loyalty to the caliphate.

1 Like

Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by murphyibiam15(m): 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
Sometimes I just laugh off the manner of lifestyle in the north, is one of fear, oppression,poverty and lack of freedom..Most times when I imagine a beautiful and commercial city like Kano I wonder why they shouldn't guard it with all their might, yet any little thing they result to violence..Who knows how developed places like Kano and kaduna would have been without extremism..If only the north had no wrong notion of Islam it would have been the best place to be. As for me I will always prefer the South, though Nigeria generally has a long way to go
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by johnmartus(m): 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
The so called northern elites or leaders are behind this menace they brainwashed their people on religion perspective.
MetaPhysical:

Somehow and somewhere North lost its soul and became fanatical about women and covering. This trend exploded after they became Sharianized.

Now even donkeys on Northern streets are wondering why 5yr old yarinya is draped in covering. .... Did Islam prescribe this extremism?

In contrast, as girls covering became socialized priority in their education scaled down.

North has regressed in all areas of human development outside fanatical creeds for religious pursuits.
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by wwwihy: 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
The man that made Azikiwe Ceremonial President and made Tafawa Balewa Prime Minister.

2 Likes

Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by Vixlot: 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
seunmsg:
But he refused to allow women to vote throughout his tenure as premier of northern region.
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by Gandollaar(f): 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
Ok so what went wrong?
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by Sirjamo: 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
MetaPhysical:

What does covering have to do with education? You just want to start your customary rants!
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by Sirjamo: 11:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
murphyibiam15:
Sometimes I just laugh off the manner of lifestyle in the north, is one of fear, oppression,poverty and lack of freedom..Most times when I imagine a beautiful and commercial city like Kano I wonder why they shouldn't guard it with all their might, yet any little thing they result to violence..Who knows how developed places like Kano and kaduna would have been without extremism..If only the north had no wrong notion of Islam it would have been the best place to be. As for me I will always prefer the South, though Nigeria generally has a long way to go
Millions of Igbo living in Kano and Kaduna you just referred to would rather die there than return to their region

1 Like

Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by MetaPhysical: 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2019
Sirjamo:
What does covering have to do with education? You just want to start your customary rants!

A passing observation of the picture attached to the thread.
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by BuhariAdvocate: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2019
So you are a slave
MelesZenawi:

Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by BuhariAdvocate: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
Correct.
Sirjamo:
Millions of Igbo living in Kano and Kaduna you just referred to would rather die there than return to their region
Re: Sir, Ahmadu Bello Encouraging Female Education In 1950. by BuhariAdvocate: 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
About what. The picture actually simplifies the effort of sir Ahmadu Bello made during his lifetime show the zik.
Gandollaar:
Ok so what went wrong?

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Fake Iphone 11 And Problem You Must See / Ihedioha: Why Supreme Court May Not Reverse Judgment / Breaking News: Natasha Akpoti Escaped Robbery Attack At Gbomadi Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.