Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts (27259 Views)

Train/Bus Accident: Sanwo-Olu Declares Three Days Mourning Period In Lagos / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Declares 3 Days Mourning / Sanwo-Olu Declares Public Hearing On Constitution Review Open (Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by FloxySmart(f): 8:21am On Oct 14, 2019
Fragility6:

How does this news make them a functioning state? Was this not the same governor that denied some of his manifesto afta he was elected into office?
Proffessorr:

Lagos state is functioning indeed with the terrible state of the roads!!
sulaak:

What is functioning in Lagos?
sleekdre:

STFU!!!
hazvat:
functioning from behind.

I don’t live in Lagos but mention a state government that has been in the news for positive reasons like Lagos state?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by Dotng: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2019
olumzzz:

Oga if Ambode was a good performer, the roads you mentioned above wouldn't have deteriorated to their present state.
Sanwo-Olu just came in May and all roads are bad by October. What does that tell you?

I opened the post and I was also wondering how people are hyping Ambode. Just four months after his departure all the roads have gone bad. Meanwhile, we have forgotten that the traffic issues started during Ambode's time. This is not an excuse for Sanwo-Olu governance pace. I think the pressure is just transferred aggression.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by miqos02(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2019
After how many months
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by Fragility6: 9:24am On Oct 14, 2019
FloxySmart:

I don’t live in Lagos but mention a state government that has been in the news for positive reasons like Lagos state?
So na news nai dem don dey use rate state. If na so nai b say diz buhari led administration na successful one o coz we don hear propagandas tire 4 news yet nutin abi dem don giv u d 5k dey promised years back, hw ur dollar to naira exchange rate?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by dallyemmy: 9:47am On Oct 14, 2019
...Ambode did not carry the road away... The state house of assembly needs to investigate this...

...black men...
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by badmuspeace(m): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2019
Please.... The said ijede road along ikorodu is very vital... The road is heart broken..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by olumzzz(m): 10:06am On Oct 14, 2019
Dotng:

I opened the post and I was also wondering how people are hyping Ambode. Just four months after his departure all the roads have gone bad. Meanwhile, we have forgotten that the traffic issues started during Ambode's time. This is not an excuse for Sanwo-Olu governance pace. I think the pressure is just transferred aggression.
Thank you o.
It wasn't like there was no traffic under Ambode especially during the rainy season.
Well i heard Sanwo-Olu has declared State of Emergency on roads
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by bibianna(f): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2019
Abeg able lagos state governor Mr. Sanwo. I am directly reporting to you not to pass residence of IJAGEMO in IKOTUN. We need serious road network there. Thank You Sir.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by caracas: 10:41am On Oct 14, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

I just wonder why you people don't die or spend the same kind of energy on your poor states, towns and villages.

U are very dumb for this statement
So this is all u have to say , are u sure u stay in lag?
Do u know how ppl have bin suffering every day ?
Am about to out now but av bin cracking my head on how to go about it .
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by caracas: 10:46am On Oct 14, 2019
FloxySmart:

Chai what a dumb question.
With this question am sure u reside in togo or Benin republic.
Lagos that have been associated with so many negatives.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by backbone503(m): 11:38am On Oct 14, 2019
id911:
All these are fake news or I should call it propaganda. What they call road rehabilitation is those big stones they are pouring on potholes that are spoiling vehicles tires instead of proper rehabilitation as it was done by his predecessors. This guy called Sanwo-Olu isn't doing anything unlike his predecessors. All roads in Lagos are in a terrible situation. Come to NNPC in Ejigbo through to Iyana Ejigbo, ilewe(Egbe) to synagogue in Ikotun, come see how people are suffering daily due to the failure of leadership.

Ambode was a great performer compare to Sanwo-Olu who's clueless with no direction

You are so politically sentimental. Ambode has suddenly become phenomenal just because he is perceived not to be in terms with APC.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2019
FloxySmart:

Anambra
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by FloxySmart(f): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
Fragility6:

So na news nai dem don dey use rate state. If na so nai b say diz buhari led administration na successful one o coz we don hear propagandas tire 4 news yet nutin abi dem don giv u d 5k dey promised years back, hw ur dollar to naira exchange rate?
You need to re-check my comment and this time around read it slowly for better understanding.
caracas:

Chai what a dumb question.
With this question am sure u reside in togo or Benin republic.
Lagos that have been associated with so many negatives.
You’re obviously a slowpoke, I said Lagos state government and not Lagos state at large
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by FloxySmart(f): 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
obynzo:

Anambra
Sorry but I don’t even know the name of the state’s Governor
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by eaglez(m): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:

This route has been this way since 20 years nowat evening its even worst even to people connecting cele ijesha iyana Isolo idimu and co
my brother that road na death trap, I just dey pity myself, after facing iyana oworo to oshodi traffic, then will face airport road ajao estate to chivita traffic,then start from depot to nnpc. One will leave office by 5, getting home will be past 9, to 10. That's really bad. I just hope this sanwo olu guy fix this shit by giving directives to the necessary bodies involved. People are really suffering on that road.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by NGpatriot: 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:

You're late. Check the financial report published last week Wednesday

See how this lair just dodged a simple request to show us facts that Lagos state's IGR is 50 billion per month.

Must you people turn yourselves into liars just to get likes from other lairs on NL?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by NGpatriot: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
olumzzz:

Oga if Ambode was a good performer, the roads you mentioned above wouldn't have deteriorated to their present state.
Sanwo-Olu just came in May and all roads are bad by October. What does that tell you?

Lagos crumbles under weight of bad roads

08/24/2017

Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has directed the Lagos State Public Works and Drainage Corporation, LSPWDC, to embark on the rehabilitation of all major highways and arterial roads around the metropolis.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/special-report-lagos-crumbles-under-weight-of-bad-roads/5614cp2

Don't mind these hypocrites, bad roads and potholes were one of the reasons Lagosians kicked Ambode out of office.

That lazy man for 4 years looked the other way while the roads rot and decay..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by NGpatriot: 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
Motorists, residents groan over bad roads in Lagos ON DECEMBER 22, 20185:58 AM

The Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, had earlier directed immediate fixing of all failed portions of the major roads after the rainy season subsided but neglected the inner roads which have deteriorated over the years for lack of maintenance. A good number of them were left undone and even the directive itself has not been fully carried out.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/motorists-residents-groan-over-bad-roads-in-lagos/

Funny how the same hypocrites shouting bad roads in Lagos were Ambode's supporters, Ambode was their hero, even when Ambode let the roads in Lagos rot away.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts by olumzzz(m): 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2019
NGpatriot:

Don't mind these hypocrites, bad roads and potholes were one of the reasons Lagosians kicked Ambode out of office.

That lazy man for 4 years looked the other way while the roads rot and decay..
Well said sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Voting Ends At Ruling APC Presidential Primary / Christoper Imumolen Kneels Before Obasanjo For Prayers / Tambuwal Rallies North-West Businessmen For Atiku In Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.