Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,279 members, 7,822,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Is Honda Crv 2004 A Good Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Honda Crv 2004 A Good Car? (2312 Views)

How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain / Fuel Consumption For Honda Crv 2004 / Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Honda Crv 2004 A Good Car? by MisterKings(m): 7:13am On Oct 14, 2019
Hello guys just wanted to know Is Honda crv 2004 a good car?

In terms of maintenance and especially fuel consumption

Re: Is Honda Crv 2004 A Good Car? by Hondajosh: 10:12am On Oct 14, 2019
Anyways,1998-2001 honda CR-V is a very reliable SUV, easy & cheap to maintain with low fuel consumption even when driving with A/C. It is very spacious & it has a bullet proof engine(even stronger than a Camry engine).
You can as well go for the 2003-2006 model if you can afford it. Very solid suspensions(legs don't pull), easy to mail and it moves like a jet even if it has a 4 cylinder engine.
Note that these models are not known for electrical issues even when abused by your local kazeems.
Enjoy!

Cc barrydee
Re: Is Honda Crv 2004 A Good Car? by RZArecta2(m): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2019
Hondajosh:
Anyways,1998-2001 honda CR-V is a very reliable SUV, easy & cheap to maintain with low fuel consumption even when driving with A/C. It is very spacious & it has a bullet proof engine(even stronger than a Camry engine).
You can as well go for the 2003-2006 model if you can afford it. Very solid suspensions(legs don't pull), easy to mail and it moves like a jet even if it has a 4 cylinder engine.
Note that these models are not known for electrical issues even when abused by your local kazeems.
Enjoy!

Cc barrydee
can this be said for the 08/2010 crv as well ?
Re: Is Honda Crv 2004 A Good Car? by MisterKings(m): 11:16am On Oct 14, 2019
Hondajosh:
Enjoy!

Cc barrydee

LOL Kazeems destroyers of engines, first of their name.
Thank you brother, but what models do not have electrical issues? the 2003 - 2006 or 1998-2001.
Re: Is Honda Crv 2004 A Good Car? by barrydee(m): 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
MisterKings:

LOL Kazeems destroyers of engines, first of their name.
Thank you brother, but what models do not have electrical issues? the 2003 - 2006 or 1998-2001.

The Honda CR-V is not known for having electrical issues but you must note that all cars are prone to electrical issues if abused by a quack electrician(including the 1967 Volkswagen Beetle). However, some cars can tolerate abuse while some can send you parking to your village the day a kazeem touches it. I can't speak for the 2003-2006 model but I once owned the 1999 model from 2015 to Nov 2018 until I sold it to upgrade. I must tell you that car is a work horse. I drove it without thermostat all through, a kazeem once bypassed the relay & connected my double fan directly to the battery yet I travelled with it from PH to Benin & back(with A/C) until my trusted electrician reverted It back to the relay.
The only times i visited a mechanic was for servicing & change of upper arm/shaft/b.joints. I never worked on that engine even though I was the 2nd naija user. The new owner uses thesame engine till date.
Damn! that car left me with so much memories. What I miss the most about that car is the A/C. It can literally freeze your fingers within 10mins even on fan speed 1.
Re: Is Honda Crv 2004 A Good Car? by MisterKings(m): 3:35am On Oct 15, 2019
barrydee:

The Honda CR-V is not known for having electrical issues but you must note that all cars are prone to electrical issues if abused by a quack electrician(including the 1967 Volkswagen Beetle). However, some cars can tolerate abuse while some can send you parking to your village the day a kazeem touches it. I can't speak for the 2003-2006 model but I once owned the 1999 model from 2015 to Nov 2018 until I sold it to upgrade. I must tell you that car is a work horse. I drove it without thermostat all through, a kazeem once bypassed the relay & connected my double fan directly to the battery yet I travelled with it from PH to Benin & back(with A/C) until my trusted electrician reverted It back to the relay.
The only times i visited a mechanic was for servicing & change of upper arm/shaft/b.joints. I never worked on that engine even though I was the 2nd naija user. The new owner uses thesame engine till date.
Damn! that car left me with so much memories. What I miss the most about that car is the A/C. It can literally freeze your fingers within 10mins even on fan speed 1.
Wow you don make am dey hungry me now. But 1999 model.... Hmm apart from the fact say e wowo, I can't use it to hustle uber and taxify. I wanted to use my first car for that kind hustle. Even with my job and business

(1) (Reply)

Rav 4 Issues / Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two / 10 Most Expensive 2015 Cars In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.