Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,476 members, 7,836,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1349233 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2019
beamboh:
Please help with a response
use anyone you feel. Has no impact on anything . Looks like its for survey or data purposes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chiefo101(f): 10:40am On Nov 06, 2019
Please I need help. Can someone share a telegram or WhatsApp link for canada express entry. I also need help on the process for express entry application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 10:47am On Nov 06, 2019
browneyes7:
Hii...
I have masters (MBBS evaluation),LRSW 8,8.5,7.5,7 and from the CRS 459, 32yrs..unfortunately the score was 475 last draw cry cry, no family in Canada.

yes I have read from page 1 to 9. Even the PNP forum too. I wish the forum could continue so we can learn from successful recent PPR process. I dont know if i should go through that route or hope for the score to drop to 450 grin

if you max ielts it will be 465

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 10:52am On Nov 06, 2019
chiefo101:
Please I need help. Can someone share a telegram or WhatsApp link for canada express entry. I also need help on the process for express entry application.

Have you by any chance been on page 1 of this thread and it’s preceding threads?

There’s a truck load of information there!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Raahym(m): 10:54am On Nov 06, 2019
Good day All,

Please i am new here and needs all possible assistance i can get in gathering fact apply for a federal skilled immigration program or regional skilled immigration program.

I am in the business of Marine, we service oil and gas companies around the world but our base is in Nigeria and Lome, Togo. I am an operations manager currently and achieved this with just the certifications.

my questions are thereby listed below:

1, what are the differences between both programs
2, which is always better to go for
3, what steps needed to be taken to achieve same
4, what is usually the timeline to achieving this
5, Do i have to be a degree holder to achieve this

Thank you as you take your time out to further educate me.

God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 11:05am On Nov 06, 2019
Raahym:
Good day All,

Please i am new here and needs all possible assistance i can get in gathering fact apply for a federal skilled immigration program or regional skilled immigration program. I am an operations manager currently and achieved this with just the certifications.

1, what are the differences between both programs
2, which is always better to go for
3, what steps needed to be taken to achieve same
4, what is usually the timeline to achieving this
5, Do i have to be a degree holder to achieve this

Hello Raahym, you’re welcome to the thread.

The first step is usually to read Page 1 of this thread, as it gives you loads of insights on how to go about the process and you might be lucky to find other people that have been in a similar situation like you.

My suggestion, is that you read through Page1, and then the preceding threads as well. Then you take it from there.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EyesondPrize: 11:34am On Nov 06, 2019
No

America001:
Pros I have a question. Can NEBOSH iDip be evaluated by WES. What I'm driving at is, if someone bags a NEBOSH Diploma can he comnine it with university degree as double certificates for Express Entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EyesondPrize: 11:35am On Nov 06, 2019
No, but you can evaluate ATS(AAT certificate) if you have.

kenykuba:
Hi great people,

I would like to know if ICAN is evaluated by Wes as a certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Graiccy(f): 12:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
Can you please assist me with the IELTS materials? am gathering materials to start preparing for mine.

It’s ielts victory!!
Prior to sitting for ielts, I had read stories about how people got 6.5 in writing and that scared me to death. How I wish I entered the exam hall an ignorant fellow. First sitting, i got all the necessary help from my colleagues at work who had aced this exam earlier. I had prepped like my life depended on it since I so much disliked essay writing back in school. For the record I work 8-8 six days a week but I had to attack this monster with every fiber of my being. I always tried to hurriedly rush home and bury my head deep into my books till midnight. Honestly I don’t think there is any youtube listening and Cambridge practice test I haven’t taken while religiously reading sample essays on ieltsmentor page. I learnt ankasa! (twi) . @Chicyclass came through for me sending me some MOD writing book and I read the book page by page! I wouldn’t be exaggerating if I mention I remember the sentences like a child remembers his favorite rhyme. I sat for the exam for the first time in July
Results : LRSW 9 7.5 7.5 6.5
Hmmm 6.5 in writing, as expected cos, I didn’t even read over my essay and I was so much gripped with fear so ... I remarked but it unfortunately returned the same. Instances like these make me wish I knew the future. I’d have saved myself the time,energy and most importantly my funds. Being someone who never threw in the towel so quickly, I registered for the next sitting in 28th September. Time to face this monster again head- on!

I saw posts about MOD being “more generous “ with their 7 than BC but I’m Ghanaian and we only have BC so I wasn’t spoilt with choices like my fellow Nigerians. Just have to return to my “dearest” BC, who haven’t in this case been so generous to its beloved.Spoke to @yemblaze who added me to an ielts WhatsApp group and @stencil also sent me ielt materials . Thank you so much ladies. I’m forever grateful. This time, I had to strategize. I decided to learn extensively for the writing so I started with synonyms of common ielts topics from a youtube page which was suggested by someone here. I also contacted @blissnenye to help me with the writing and she made sure I wrote an essay everyday. “An essay a day keeps ielts failure away” lol. Like I mentioned earlier,this was almost like a punishment being meted out actually it was since I hated writing essays. I’d rather prefer reading those online but this lady, “my punisher” ensured I wrote and insisted on it. She was really bent on seeing me do something I hated. I realised It wasn’t just about the money for her but she really had my interest at heart..She tutored me for a week and told me I was good to go. Thank you my Madam @blissnenye.
So I Sat for the next sitting on 28th September and this time I wasn’t even looking forward to a better results COs since I had mixed feelings about the listening test. Results day finally came and I had LRS 9 9 7.5 and writing 6.5. Oo God! Not again! Hmmmm of course it would be writing, this devil keeps tearing its ugly head everywhere! What did I expect? I prepared so well so why 6.5 again.? What at all are they looking for?. I put in a request for remarking that same day results were released without taking my test report form. In mind, they should keep it until they gave me my 7. I prayed fervently for a positive outcome.
Then on the fateful day of 31/10/2019 , I received a mail. Behold the change I was waiting for had reflected!!! From 6.5 to 7. I was giddy with excitement. Sleep and I had conveniently become enemies that night . if this is how excited it feels to get the required ielts scores then I have not the least of ideas how you all react when you receive PPR mail.
Hope to jump, no dive into the pool and then wait for my ITA in the next draw.[/quote]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by beamboh: 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
OK. Thank you
ednut1:
use anyone you feel. Has no impact on anything . Looks like its for survey or data purposes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 6ftshort: 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
Tina26:
not an issue unless you used falsified information that may Contradicts your EE information

Well I did recently come across this while doing some research. So I believe regardless of if information contradicts or not (as long as he wasn’t ban at the time) If he/she is entirely honest in this particular application it should be alright hopefully.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Josephhh: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
No sire

kenykuba:
Hi great people,

I would like to know if ICAN is evaluated by Wes as a certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by KayLayChi: 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
You can get 6 more points if you max out in Listening and writing.

Tough right? But that's the same boat I'm in. If you can just rewrite ielts and try to max out, even if you get 3 out of the 6 marks, it's a whole lot. If you have a spouse and he hasn't maxed out let him/her rewrite too.

In this EE game, 1 mark can make a whole lot of difference.

browneyes7:
Hii...
I have masters (MBBS evaluation),LRSW 8,8.5,7.5,7 and from the CRS 459, 32yrs..unfortunately the score was 475 last draw cry cry, no family in Canada.

yes I have read from page 1 to 9. Even the PNP forum too. I wish the forum could continue so we can learn from successful recent PPR process. I dont know if i should go through that route or hope for the score to drop to 450 grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 6ftshort: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
Omowunmibaby:
Good afternoon,

Please seniors and elders in the house, I have been refused study permit visa before on generic terms like no ties to Canada and home, no travel history, not sure will come back and I applied again and I was denied on 2 terms no travel history and not sure will come back.. Please can my EE be refused cause I was denied study permit visa twice. Please I don't mind if anyone has had same issue and got PPR.

I think you would be fine as long as you weren’t denied based on misrepresentation. So just be completely honest in this application. Good luck .

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2019
I think you're right
beamboh:
Please help with a response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teecol: 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
Please I already evaluated my bachelor degree in 2017 with IQAS, however I have an additional diploma now (advanced diploma). Please how do I go about the re- verification so I will be able to choose the option of Two or more degree or diploma on the express entry portal. Pls assist with the information
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MrPein: 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2019
Hi guys
Please in the personal history section
The organisations area
Should one include membership of professional bodies such as SPE, AAPG etc ?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by browneyes7(f): 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
ednut1:
if you max ielts it will be 465

I have done it twice now,I still got the same score...marriage is not an option now cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by browneyes7(f): 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
KayLayChi:
You can get 6 more points if you max out in Listening and writing.

Tough right? But that's the same boat I'm in. If you can just rewrite ielts and try to max out, even if you get 3 out of the 6 marks, it's a whole lot. If you have a spouse and he hasn't maxed out let him/her rewrite too.

In this EE game, 1 mark can make a whole lot of difference.

I have done it twice now,I still got the same score...marriage is not an option now cry cry
It tiring sincerely
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Josephhh: 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2019
All will be Well sis

browneyes7:

It tiring sincerely

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by browneyes7(f): 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Something tells me you already know what to do—I guess you already know that you can increase your IELTS scores to boost your chances, you can go for PNP or you can marry your boo if he can increase your CRS score. wink

I have done it twice now,I still got the same score...also my age will increase early next year. marriage is not an option too cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by browneyes7(f): 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
Josephhh:
All will be Well sis

Thank you it will..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Omoolope2023: 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2019
can a Principal Applicant claim work experience in the company owned by the accompanying spouse?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
Omoolope2023:
can a Principal Applicant claim work experience in the company owned by the accompanying spouse?
Was he paid a salary? If yes, of coyrse it can be used. I will advice you declare its own by the spouse too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EyesondPrize: 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
It is not about whether the accompanying spouse can claim work experience there. It should be whether the spouse works/worked there and if he/she has the documents to prove/support the work experience.

Omoolope2023:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2019
Omoolope2023:

Of course. Once he or she worked or works there and was paid in cash or into his or her account. A person can work in his father's, mother's, uncle's or relations' company or firm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
EyesondPrize:
It is not about whether the accompanying spouse can claim work experience there. It should be whether the spouse works/worked there and if he/she has the documents to prove/support the work experience.

"...has the documents to prove... "
All that IRCC requires is reference letter in correct format and salary certificate if you were paid in cash. Except you get an ADR for further documents like pay slip, appointment letter, you don't need more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Omoolope2023: 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
The accompany spouse even manage the spouse's business from day one of the establishment. The CAC documents is in the spouse's name. The PA have other personal businesses. He planned claiming self employed on the regular express entry but with the requirement on the new Rural Immigration Pilot, he has to claim work experience since self employment is not acceptable under the scheme. The PA's role in the spouse's business has always been GM, while all spouse is the CEO.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Omoolope2023: 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Was he paid a salary? If yes, of coyrse it can be used. I will advice you declare its own by the spouse too

I think declaration is the key word here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Scandinavian02: 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
So Nigerians would no longer send passports to Accra for stamping again.
Effective 4th of November passports will no longer be going to Accra and would be processed and stamped in Nigeria. This would lead to a favourable turn around time.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by beamboh: 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2019
Thanks
carissaa:
I think you're right
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by DanMisla: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
Scandinavian02:
So Nigerians would no longer send passports to Accra for stamping again.
Effective 4th of November passports will no longer be going to Accra and would be processed and stamped in Nigeria. This would lead to a favourable turn around time.

Yay! Maybe VFS would charge less too?
:-)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (747)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.