Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333748 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lawlar1: 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
Scandinavian02:

Congratulations! I hope you are already in the pool?

Not yet, still warming up for IELTS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
magastefan:

I am on the same table, I have two court certificate one from church wedding and another from ikoyi registry..is it possible to submit the one from agege registry given to me in the church as it has my correct details with regards occupation and all...
Kindly advise...thank you
Yes its possible, but how come you have 2 certificates?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Scandinavian02: 4:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lawlar1:

Not yet, still warming up for IELTS

Ok. Best of luck.

Do not hesitate to mention me should you need my assistance.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Shindar: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
Eraytee:
that is how it used to be, you are on the right track. only your spouses name would be required at the stage you are.

thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by REBEKITAB123: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good day Gurus in the house, please can you help me with necessary info. as i want to include my nephew as one of my dependant(dependent relative),i do not have an adoption paper,but i have consent from his parent. he as stayed with me since he was 6years he is now 14. i am divorced with 2 kids girls age 6 and 3 respectively.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
chanceux:
I'm still at Pre-ITA stage. These cutoff scores are crazy these days. Fingers crossed for the next draw
Pls, when is the next draw?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
sholay2011:

Pls, when is the next draw?

No one knows, it comes like a thief in the night. cheesy grin

Well, according to the cic website, draws occur every fortnight on a Wednesday. There are rare occasions of back to back draws though and could be on any day of the week.

It is totally up to them - we are hopeful for one tomorrow, so that the scores can at least come down.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MamaJoJo: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
REBEKITAB123:
Good day Gurus in the house, please can you help me with necessary info. as i want to include my nephew as one of my dependant(dependent relative),i do not have an adoption paper,but i have consent from his parent. he as stayed with me since he was 6years he is now 14. i am divorced with 2 kids girls age 6 and 3 respectively.

You need to legally adopt him.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
No two ways about it. You have to adopt him legally if you want to take him along.

REBEKITAB123:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by japro: 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
hello all, please i will like to inquire if WES ACCEPT statement of result of degree course for verification... thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Omowunmibaby: 6:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good afternoon,

Please seniors and elders in the house, I have been refused study permit visa before on generic terms like no ties to Canada and home, no travel history, not sure will come back and I applied again and I was denied on 2 terms no travel history and not sure will come back.. Please can my EE be refused cause I was denied study permit visa twice. Please I don't mind if anyone has had same issue and got PPR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Freeopod(m): 6:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
Post AOR and landed folks, please mention me if at one time or the other you have requested for gcms note and it was delivered, I need to ask you a question!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
Omowunmibaby:
Good afternoon,

Please seniors and elders in the house, I have been refused study permit visa before on generic terms like no ties to Canada and home, no travel history, not sure will come back and I applied again and I was denied on 2 terms no travel history and not sure will come back.. Please can my EE be refused cause I was denied study permit visa twice. Please I don't mind if anyone has had same issue and got PPR.
not an issue unless you used falsified information that may Contradicts your EE information

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Itzpearlz: 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
cutiep:
Yes we have PPR and I will just be about 5mths at the time

I'm very new on these streets (and probably still thinking in very Nigerian terms cheesy) but I'd like to share my opinions on your post.
Please, consider landing at Canada first and completing all your documentation before the US travel. You really don't want to hear stories that touch after the long hassle of getting PPR. I really think you can always travel from Canada to US as you please once you're done with your PR documentations.
There may be no written rule that is against your plans per se, but why would you want to put yourself under so much scrutiny and checks?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
YES undecided this had been answered a million times

japro:
hello all, please i will like to inquire if WES ACCEPT statement of result of degree course for verification... thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
@bold well she might have gotten her PR visa under 4 weeks grin therefore she might not understand the agony of long wait for PPR grin (just kidding), I think your point of view is valid, it doesn't worth the ache with this trump era, I hope she rethinks this before making the move.

Itzpearlz:

I'm very new on these streets (and probably still thinking in very Nigerian terms cheesy) but I'd like to share my opinions on your post.
Please, consider landing at Canada first and completing all your documentation before the US travel. You really don't want to hear stories that touch after the long hassle of getting PPR. I really think you can always travel from Canada to US as you please once you're done with your PR documentations.
There may be no written rule that is against your plans per se, but why would you want to put yourself under so much scrutiny and checks?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kryptonyte729: 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hello friends, I have been following this thread slowly but surely, reading all the information as much as possible.

I am now post-ITA filling out my PR application. I now need your advice as pertains to recording my travel history.

I just remembered that at one time while living in the US, my friends and I were driving to a nearby city to visit friends. Unfortunately, we took the wrong turn and soon found ourselves headed to Canada! Once we realized we were going the wrong way, it was too late, we could not turn around or reverse (road signs indicated it would be illegal). So we had to approach the border and were instructed by the border officers that we would need to enter and exit Canada first and then re-enter the US in order to continue on our way.

My question is, do I need to include this in my travel history?despite the fact that it was not my intention to visit Canada on that day neither did we go past the border office and also we did not carry our passports only our school ID was used for identification.

Please advise, thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
kryptonyte729:
I just remembered that at one time while living in the US, my friends and I were driving to a nearby city to visit friends. Unfortunately, we took the wrong turn and soon found ourselves headed to Canada! Once we realized we were going the wrong way, it was too late, we could not turn around or reverse (road signs indicated it would be illegal). So we had to approach the border and were instructed by the border officers that we would need to enter and exit Canada first and then re-enter the US in order to continue on our way.

My question is, do I need to include this in my travel history?despite the fact that it was not my intention to visit Canada on that day neither did we go past the border office and also we did not carry our passports only our school ID was used for identification.

Might be a myopic view, but if your passport was not stamped/if there was no official documentation that you got into Canada then I’m not sure it is a problem. No need to talk about it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by godG: 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Baba God, PPR dey hungry your children o. E dey totori our body.

We know say Una will na Supreme. But, still on still, abeg sama our respective case officers the speed, wisdom, strength, and clarity needed to process our applications.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChiefVal: 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
cutiep:
Hello all, kindly assist with your thoughts/views/experience as regards the questions below.

We plan to spend xmas and new year in the US before hard landing in Canada.

We plan to book a one way ticket for this purpose and then book tickets to Canada from the US (reason being that we cannot make payments from Nigetia for airlines that ply the US -Candada route).

I know a lot of people are against agents but a good travel agent is your friend in this case Just for the purpose of a ticket. An agent can make payments for tickets from US to Canada, so they can help with that. Also the actual honest agents are well travelled, so they can advise you on immigration protocols and if it will go well for you. Also, you can cargo your properties from the US to Canada instead of from NG.
Lastly, don’t try going to the US without a return/departure ticket, if they bounce you, they will still make you pay for a return ticket and to Nigeria for that matter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kryptonyte729: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Pwinkle1:

Might be a myopic view, but if your passport was not stamped/if there was no official documentation that you got into Canada then I’m not sure it is a problem. No need to talk about it.

Thank you for your insight. This was almost 5 years ago so I'm not too clear on the details. But I seem to remember exiting the vehicle and going through a search. Also the border officers taking our biometrics (i think so?) and issuing each one of us with a stamped white paper indicating our entry and exit. It took us about 4 hours for the whole entry and exit process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Silversurfer1: 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
Omowunmibaby:
Good afternoon,

Theres a man on the "Living in Canada" thread, who stated he had been refused several visas to Canada but he got PPR. He landed in Canada this year. It won't be a problem. Each application is assessed on its merits. Don't worry yourself about your past applications

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
kryptonyte729:
Thank you for your insight. This was almost 5 years ago so I'm not too clear on the details. But I seem to remember exiting the vehicle and going through a search. Also the border officers taking our biometrics (i think so?) and issuing each one of us with a stamped white paper indicating our entry and exit. It took us about 4 hours for the whole entry and exit process.

Ah! Your initial message sounded like you guys just made a U-turn and were back into the US lol.

If the process took 4hours, you definitely have to put it in your application. Perhaps use an LOE, to give as much as information as you can remember. Maybe even call the friends you were in the car with to give their own version of the story so you have something coherent.

I just read your initial message again, it was not your intention to enter the country but you sha entered lol. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Silversurfer1: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
cutiep:
Hello all, kindly assist with your thoughts/views/experience as regards the questions below.

We plan to spend xmas and new year in the US before hard landing in Canada.

We plan to book a one way ticket for this purpose and then book tickets to Canada from the US (reason being that we cannot make payments from Nigetia for airlines that ply the US -Candada route).

Now our questions are

1) will it be a problem at US immigration because of the one way ticket. Bear in kind that I will be visibly pregnant at the time.

2) Aircanada and their counterparts all have lesser baggage allowance than our regular Ethiopia airlines etc. Can we just send our bags via DHL? Or are there other options available.

Your views will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

I don't think it will be a problem. Truth be told, with Trump in the WH, those Border agents are crazy these days but so long as you have your COPR and you explain to them your plans, you should be fine. You could also ask this question on the "Living in Canada" thread to get a better response.

As to your luggage, there are various options you could probably find at the airport. I heard Air France and co do courier services with baggage. Or you could also ask at NAHCO. It just depends on your budget.
Good luck with your plans

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by GBSS: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
Tina26:
we did not fill in the wrong or fake age. So don't bother us . Better decline the ITA and go sort either one out

Hello nairalanders, it’s really important we remain very civil in our responses to comments. Many of us strongly subscribe to encouraging people to do personal research, if someone comes with a question(s) that may have already been answered, just direct the person to the appropriate actions or just ignore the comment.
While we understand that some people may have done some wrong things or made some wrong decisions in the past that have the potential to affect their EE process, you are not here to be the judge of their life’s. If you know your response will be abusive, just ignore the comment. The last time I checked, nairaland comments don’t come to us as notifications. You will have to go from page to page to read comment. So please in the name of whatever you believe, be civil.
Our desires of COPR will definitely be granted by God’s grace.
Have a beautiful day my people.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by glitchyyy: 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
glitchyyy:
Dear all ,

Please help my case .

I am post AOR but just got married .
I would like to add my spouse as non-accompanying to my application . I understand that it requires my to increase my POF to funds for a family of 2 but i didn't envisage that I would also be required to pay RPRF and processing fees since my husband does not require the PR . He is an American citizen.
I have read most of the adding spouse threads but no case seems close to mine.
Does anyone have any advice or opinion on how to go from here?
Please assist .
No one has helped with my case.. cry cry cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Adeime: 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
I can’t help but agree with you on this there should be a difference between being civil and being rude .A clear example is when ednut responds as much as he’d still sound somewhat harsh you can still see the humor or the concern in his comments and even his help but really this handler - Tina26 needs to really learn better ways of responding to questions......I know you’d say it’s your opinion but hey take it easy life isn’t that deep
GBSS:

Hello nairalanders, it’s really important we remain very civil in our responses to comments. Many of us strongly subscribe to encouraging people to do personal research, if someone comes with a question(s) that may have already been answered, just direct the person to the appropriate actions or just ignore the comment.
While we understand that some people may have done some wrong things or made some wrong decisions in the past that have the potential to affect their EE process, you are not here to be the judge of their life’s. If you know your response will be abusive, just ignore the comment. The last time I checked, nairaland comments don’t come to us as notifications. You will have to go from page to page to read comment. So please in the name of whatever you believe, be civil.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mandex11: 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
I agree with you too and no one is the "founder" of nairaland here.
Just be civil or keep mute lipsrsealed
You must not reply.
That was how someone from here went to reply somebody's post rudely in the sisters thread and she was attacked by most off them there.

May God continue to bless the Noc queen @newmum615 even when she gets angry she will still reply anyway.
Adeime:
I can’t help but agree with you on this there should be a difference between being civil and being rude .A clear example is when ednut responds as much as he’d still sound somewhat harsh you can still see the humor or the concern in his comments and even his help but really this handler - Tina26 needs to really learn better ways of responding to questions......I know you’d say it’s your opinion but hey take it easy life isn’t that deep

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hephzibah2018: 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
GBSS:

Louder please....so those at the back can hear! Like must you be rude Leaving uncivil and disrespectful comments only diminishes any positive impact one could potentially have on others. One step forward and a hundred backwards because of a nasty attitude There are series of posts from specific monikers which I quickly scroll over, because the rude comments are getting really old. Help people if you can nicely, if not, that's fine too....just move along quietly. We're all on the same side here.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by magastefan: 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Yes its possible, but how come you have 2 certificates?
Thank you, I was given one when I got married in church and then 2 yrs later when I wanted to go for my masters in Australia,the agent said only one done at ikoyi registry was recognized so I had to do another brief one...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
magastefan:

Thank you, I was given one when I got married in church and then 2 yrs later when I wanted to go for my masters in Australia,the agent said only one done at ikoyi registry was recognized so I had to do another brief one...

Sincerely, its not a biggie. You can upload both and explain, these people are not robots. However, uploading just one is fine

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.