Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1348588 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Suspectzero(m): 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
Adunnee:

Yes. The transmission fee has reduced and I got an email saying our passports have been transferred to Lagos for stamping. Timeline is 3 - 4 weeks. I know someone whose CoPR was issued within 2 weeks but she didn't receive it until after another two weeks. So, fingers crossed.

shocked Already transferred to Lagos for stamping on the same Friday you submitted it. That's good news. I'm sure it'll be processed and returned to you within 2 weeks. i think the person you referred to probably had their's sent to Accra because I believe Lagos processing only started like 2 weeks ago.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by browneyes7(f): 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
@ednut1 @Adunnee and other gurus in the house

A friend of mine got ITA but they just got married like a month ago, no change of name yet or she's not planning to change her lastname. Would this cause a problem for them?

Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Transformium: 7:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
browneyes7:
@ed.nut @Adun.ee and other gurus in the house

A friend of mine got ITA but they just got married like a month ago, no change of name yet or she's not planning to change her lastname. Would this cause a problem for them?

Thank you in advance
The PA should recalculate his/her score as ”married” and check if the CRS score is still well above the cutoff.

If not, decline and go back to the pool whilst looking at other options to boost CRS.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
benatokwu:
Hello house,

Please am asking for a friend. His elder sister just got PR. Although she didn't include him in her application;however, she is ready to provide whatever evidence is required to show relationship. Now my question is if it's possible for him to still claim siblings point considering the peculiarity surrounding his case.
please someone should help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Fabguen: 8:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
benatokwu:
please someone should help

See last paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by browneyes7(f): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
Transformium:

The PA should recalculate his/her score as ”married” and check if the CRS score is still well above the cutoff.

If not, decline and go back to the pool whilst looking at other options to boost CRS.

Thank you for replying

According to her, her husband created the profile after they got married but now she is scared that not changing her lastname might cause a problem.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ify2016: 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
Is it possible to be denied a visa during interview after receiving ITA at embassy here in Nigeria? Or clinching ITA is an automatic visa to Canada after documents presentation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Transformium: 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
browneyes7:

Thank you for replying

According to her, her husband created the profile after they got married but now she is scared that not changing her lastname might cause a problem.
If he got the ITA by applying as married then she has nothing to worry about. They would have to provide their marriage certificate as proof of marriage.

Changing lastname isn’t a requirement.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Adeime: 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
Please house advise me....can I include my half sister (we share same Mum) half siblings (they share the same father with my half sister)as family members under step brother and step sisters
Their dad and my mum (and my half sister is the outcome of the union) were once married and we are more like siblings because they visit our house and spend time with us
I hope including them in the application won’t cause any issue as I may likely sponsor them in the future
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Transformium: 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
ify2016:
Is it possible to be denied a visa during interview after receiving ITA at embassy here in Nigeria? Or clinching ITA is an automatic visa to Canada after documents presentation?
ITA is NOT an automatic visa. If after ITA you do not meet the requirements or there is any form of misrepresentation, your application can be denied.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Transformium: 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
Adeime:
Please house advise me....can I include my half sister (we share same Mum) half siblings (they share the same father with my half sister)as family members under step brother and step sisters
Their dad and my mum (and my half sister is the outcome of the union) were once married and we are more like siblings because they visit our house and spend time with us
I hope including them in the application won’t cause any issue as I may likely sponsor them in the future
Yes you can include them. No issues

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Adeime: 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
Thanks a bunch for your speedy response

Transformium:

Yes you can include them. No issues

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by browneyes7(f): 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
Transformium:

If he got the ITA by applying as married then she has nothing to worry about. They would have to provide their marriage certificate as proof of marriage.

Changing lastname isn’t a requirement.

Thank you very much wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChiefDaddy1: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
kintipsy:
My people please i need your advice.

I evaluated my Bsc using ICES and I am considering using WES to evaluate my diploma that I just got. What is the implication of not using the same evaluating body?

Will I still get two or more certificates if both bodies are used?
Thanks for your anticipated response!

Evaluate both degree with WES again to have peaceof mind. Moreover you will be doing both at the same price for one. My two cents

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ify2016: 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
Transformium:

ITA is NOT an automatic visa. If after ITA you do not meet the requirements or there is any form of misrepresentation, your application can be denied.
That's to say, if all the necessary information I filled online are adequately presented to the embassy i.e all documents , my chances of getting a visa is 100% ?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Adunnee: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
Adeime:
Congratulations Adunnee , Madam HR, your story was quite informative and I learnt a lot
May your new home favour you Amen

Thank you. Amen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Adunnee: 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
didismyname:

Please how can spouse ECA add to the CRS score??

Am in this same boat�

Spouse will evaluate credentials similar to the way PA evaluated his/hers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Adunnee: 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
Suspectzero:

shocked Already transferred to Lagos for stamping on the same Friday you submitted it. That's good news. I'm sure it'll be processed and returned to you within 2 weeks. i think the person you referred to probably had their's sent to Accra because I believe Lagos processing only started like 2 weeks ago.

I hope so too. Oh you are right. Fingers crossed then.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by slydog(m): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
Pls guys, want to know What happens to a profile that is due to expire in 3 mo the time when the gets ITA?

BTW, system maintenance again on cic for Tuesday
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Adunnee: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
browneyes7:
@ednut1 @Adunnee and other gurus in the house

Thank you in advance

She doesn't have to change her name. She can retain her maiden name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Transformium: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
ify2016:

That's to say, if all the necessary information I filled online are adequately presented to the embassy i.e all documents , my chances of getting a visa is 100% ?
Thanks.
If you meet all the requirements and submit all required documentation, then your chances are as good as 99.9%

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Adunnee: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
Important Point to Note

If you are in the pool awaiting ITA, please increase your settlement funds amount way above the required minimum for your family size before January 1 2020 so your profile will not be rendered ineligible and also to avoid tie breaking issues if you fill in another profile. Minimum Settlement funds required by CIC increases every year.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Canada2020PR: 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
Adeime:

Are you saying you want to include your Half sister's other Half siblings as your own steps brothers and sisters?
Because when you look at it ....You are not blood related in any way
Its only your own half sister that's related to you by blood...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
Canada2020PR:

Are you saying you want to include your Half sister's other Half siblings as your own steps brothers and sisters?
Because when you look at it ....You are not blood related in any way
Its only your own half sister that's related to you by blood...

Step brothers and sisters are still regarded as siblings by CIC as long as their parents are still married

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Austinbani(m): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
Sent d link already. [quote author=CHILZ post=84118831][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jbelieve: 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
Jaydee90:
Good day everyone

I have a remedical to do but I cant seem to find a favourable date before my deadline. Anyone willing to swap for a date in November can pm me.

I dont mind if its IOM or Qlife

Thanks.

If you where given a remedicals letter from IRCC just walk into IOM explain to them at the reception that you've done it before but you've been requested to do it again and it urgently. Pled with them, that you understand that you normally would book an appointment but yours is urgent and you have a short deadline and be respectful.

They should be able to schedule you for the next day. Same happened to me. I just walk there and explained to them.they told me next Monday, had to beg that the date is too far and its urgent. You can add pity face to. Did mine the next day.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by adebowale14: 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good evening house, please I am sorry to disturb you, I just want to make some clarifications, i wnt to know if ND and BSc are given the same scores as MSc by Wes. I am currentky doing my masters in Germany but I want to evaluate my BSc and OND before I finish my masters. Thnks for your swift response. God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
adebowale14:
Good evening house, please I am sorry to disturb you, I just want to make some clarifications, i wnt to know if ND and BSc are given the same scores as MSc by Wes. I am currentky doing my masters in Germany but I want to evaluate my BSc and OND before I finish my masters. Thnks for your swift response. God bless you

Sorry bro, quick question, are you trying to move from Germany to Canada? Any particular reason why you don't want to remain in Germany?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jpj(m): 10:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
ladymarshall:
Thank you. Your case has been reopened. It’s only a matter of time before you get PPR if the ADRs requested is in order. I’m confident because you have addressed the issues. In the meantime, email Ralph and raise gcms so an action on the file might be triggered. Don’t worry, PPR will come.

Hello, so we finally heard from them but unfortunately it seemed as if my letter was not read at all and a generic mail was sent insisting that my case was closed stating that if I have a new information, I should enter into the pool. I replied them back circling the part on my GCMS note written by my VO that no additional document was submitted so my case won't be reopened as the reason for my getting a new reference letter from my employer. I have been trying to send you an email but it keeps bouncing back. Needed to update you on my challenge. Hope you have finally landed Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Transformium: 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
Adeime:
Thanks a bunch for your speedy response

Hi, Read your post again. I actually thought your step dad and mum are still legally married. CIC only considers your step brother or step sister your siblings if your parents are married or in a common law relationship.

Check Siblings in the link below;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#s

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by TemiGee: 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
ND and BSC will give you points for two or more degrees, which is less than the points for masters.
adebowale14:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by TemiGee: 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
Congratulations @Adunnee. May the journey ahead be pleasant and filled with God's favour for you and your family.

Adunnee:
It's PPR grin grin

Timeline

NOC: 0112

PPR: November 14 2019

VO: Ottawa

Family Composition: 4

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (747)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.