Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1335453 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ify2016: 9:34am On Nov 27, 2019
ChiefVal:

It will be assessed but mentioned on the ECA that the DOB on your certificate is different from your passport. Either that or they’ll mention the one from the school.
Thanks. More suggestions needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ucheuju: 9:39am On Nov 27, 2019
ananne:
Good morning everyone.

I need help..

I am currently filling our express entry profile.

1. My wife is the principal applicant. For her primary NOC, we used a secretary job she did from September 2015 to August 2016. I hope this is one year. She was moved to another role from September 2016.

2. While filling educational history. Should we fill all our educational history from secondary school to the highest qualifications obtained? Should this be done for both the principal applicant and accompanying spouse? Or should we just fill the part we did ECA for.

3. For work history we only filled the work experience that the principal applicant is claiming points for as per NOC. hope it's OK or do we need to fill all her work history in the last 10 years?

4. For the accompanying spouse.. Is it important to fill his work history while creating an express entry profile? He isn't claiming points with any NOC. if yes.. Should he fill his work history in the last 10 years

Dear Elders,
Please help out with this as many more freshers would benefit from your answer.

Thank you

@Ednut1,@Stencil @Tina26 @Lady marshal @Topsman etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2019
ChiefVal:

Where will the Evaluating body get the 1992 date from? Does your school send date of birth on their records with transcripts? I thought it’s date of birth on passport that will be mentioned on the ECA o. I am asking cos I don’t know since I have a uniform DOB across board lol. If that’s the case then OYO is your case o, Cos someone had that issue earlier and was asked for ADR.
WES will state DOB on transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 9:54am On Nov 27, 2019
All these questions have been answered many, many, many times. It just takes some reading.

ucheuju:

Dear Elders,
Please help out with this as many more freshers would benefit from your answer.

Thank you

@Ednut1,@Stencil @Tina26 @Lady marshal @Topsman etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mariesio: 9:57am On Nov 27, 2019
ify2016:

Lol. You won't understand an expensive mistake I made during my first degree. Advice is needed. Thanks

Hmm, its well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 10:04am On Nov 27, 2019
ify2016:

Thanks. More suggestions needed.
Does your school state DOB on transcripts ? Mine doesn't, so WES simply used the DOB I filled in during application.

If your school states DOB on transcripts, then you need to amend your DOB from your school first before WES can adopt it...

NB: WES doesn't need passport for evaluation, so DOB on passport has nothing to do with it.

cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Naija2canadapr: 10:27am On Nov 27, 2019
My predictions for today are 467-469. This is a "guesstimation" based on the fact that very few pnps were issued in the past 2 weeks and the ones issued were INVITATION TO APPLY FOR PROVINCIAL NOMINATION, not the actual NOMINATION which gives 600 points. Who knows, it may jump to 465. Let's keep our hopes alive and wait for 3pm GMT +1. I hope they also do the draws on time today and not leave it until 7pm GMT +1 like the last draw. CONGRATULATIONS IN ADVANCE TO ALL ITA CLINCHERS.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lynkyinka(m): 10:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Please house, as at when my WES profile was created, WAEC certificates were a requirements, however, the DOB on my WAEC certificate varies from what is on my higher institution certificate and passport, will the evaluation report still include the age on WAEC? Though younger, I'd rather not have it to maintain uniformity
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ozzz: 10:29am On Nov 27, 2019
Influential101:
Does your school state DOB on transcripts ? Mine doesn't, so WES simply used the DOB I filled in during application.

If your school states DOB on transcripts, then you need to amend your DOB from your school first before WES can adopt it...

NB: WES doesn't need passport for evaluation, so DOB on passport has nothing to do with it.

cheers.

@ify2016, I think the above suggestion is your best bet, so find out if your school includes DOB on transcripts, if they don't, you may still need to inform your school of the mistake and follow your school procedures to modify it because I feel during the verification process, WES may request for your DOB from your school if not present. DOB is one of the checks they need to verify you are the rightful owner of the credentials.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ozzz: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2019
lynkyinka:
Please house, as at when my WES profile was created, WAEC certificates were a requirements, however, the DOB on my WAEC certificate varies from what is on my higher institution certificate and passport, will the evaluation report still include the age on WAEC? Though younger, I'd rather not have it to maintain uniformity
1. WES does not require or have your passport
2. Your certificate I believe won't carry your DOB
3. Chances are your Transcript may have your DOB, find out.
4. Which DOB did you submit when creating your WES profile ?
5. Since WAEC isn't needed anymore, and am assuming your documents evaluation is still ongoing, am assuming it will not be used except they cite a difference with what you submitted when opening your WES profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lynkyinka(m): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2019
Ozzz:

1. WES does not require or have your passport
2. Your certificate I believe won't carry your DOB
3. Chances are your Transcript may have your DOB, find out.
4. Which DOB did you submit when creating your WES profile ?
5. Since WAEC isn't needed anymore, and am assuming your documents evaluation is still ongoing, am assuming it will not be used except they cite a difference with what you submitted when opening your WES profile.

thanks for the prompt response, I await the evaluation report

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MumofTwins2017: 11:03am On Nov 27, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Ebuncrown:
Good morning All,

I need clarifications please.

I am about to start my ECA and with the hold by IQAS, it seems WES is my only option. I have a LLB degree and with the WES tool, my degree was evaluated as a 4yrs bachelors degree. Do I need to evaluate my Law School result as well for me to be able to qualify for 2 or more degrees ?
Yes you do.

If yes, how do I go about law school transcript? Would I need to send that to WES as well? Or should I just send only copies of law school certificate without transcript?

Yes you need to apply for your law school transcripts to be sent to WES.

Aside WES which other evaluating body is recommended for lawyers? IQAS would have been perfect but they are on hold.

WES is your best bet.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ebuncrown: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2019
Please somebody should reply me now.

I am about to pay for my evaluation. Is there a thread of lawyers who have ECA not from IQAS. I have searched the thread from part 1-9 and all I can see is lawyers use IQAS.

Thank you

Good morning All,

I am about to start my ECA and with the hold by IQAS, it seems WES is my only option. I have a LLB degree and with the WES tool, my degree was evaluated as a 4yrs bachelors degree. Do I need to evaluate my Law School result as well for me to be able to qualify for 2 or more degrees ?

If yes, how do I go about law school transcript? Would I need to send that to WES as well? Or should I just send only copies of law school certificate without transcript?

Aside WES which other evaluating body is recommended for lawyers? IQAS would have been perfect but they are on hold.

Thank you[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ikcbn(m): 11:15am On Nov 27, 2019
Hello,
Please when filling the EE profile questionaire, which one of these options on the attached should one pick for an Engineer whose profession is regulated in canny or do i just go with the I DON'T KNOW if the profession is regulated option and avoid having to pick one of the option when i say YES

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olutoyiin: 11:16am On Nov 27, 2019
House please I need any sure contact at unilorin Transcript Office. Please guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ify2016: 11:28am On Nov 27, 2019
Influential101:

cheers.
Thanks everyone. I will find out if DOB is attached to the transcript that would be sent to the WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 27, 2019
Naija2canadapr:
My predictions for today are 467-469. This is a "guesstimation" based on the fact that very few pnps were issued in the past 2 weeks and the ones issued were INVITATION TO APPLY FOR PROVINCIAL NOMINATION, not the actual NOMINATION which gives 600 points. Who knows, it may jump to 465. Let's keep our hopes alive and wait for 3pm GMT +1. I hope they also do the draws on time today and not leave it until 7pm GMT +1 like the last draw. CONGRATULATIONS IN ADVANCE TO ALL ITA CLINCHERS.
how do you know the pnp issued during this period Some have been processing it for a while now. Per the last stats before the draw there are over 11k people on 451 to 472. With the new entrants daily scores will still be high. We pray for a back to back draw in december

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 11:54am On Nov 27, 2019
ugsams:

Unfortunately ours wasn't updated hopefully today.

Oh wow, probably today then
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 11:54am On Nov 27, 2019
SapphireFort:

My status has just been updated to awaiting verification.
Mine as well, hopefully my school responds on time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Naija2canadapr: 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
Good morning All,

Thank you[/quote]

Yes, you need your law school degree to get 2 or more degrees.
You need to apply personally or send someone to physically go to law school Abuja. In my case, my husband went for me due to work and the fact that he had some days off(we live in Lagos). I had to quickly write an application letter addressed to the DG requesting my transcript be sent to WES. In my application letter, I stated my registration number for law school, maiden name(which is the name I was registered with in law school), WES reference number and address, the year I was admitted and the year I was called. There is also an application form on their website. Then you need to pay for the transcript and law school anniversary fee on Remita(cannot recall the amount now, hubby handled it), print proof of payment, attach it to your application letter and already filled form then submit to the DGs office.

You need to be very prayerful and absolutely patient with them because your patience will be severely tested. In my case, I began in May, verification happened end of September, WES just finished my ECA on the 21st of this month.

Luckily for me, I also did IQAS the same period that got completed in October.

The reason why I did WES was because I needed to get into the pool faster and couldn't wait for the IQAS 6 months duration. IQAS eventually got completed 1 full month before WES because of Law School.

This was just because of law school's inability to send the transcript on time while giving flimsy excuses of the DG either not signing or they are preparing for dinner, bar exams, senate meeting, etc. Then at the stage of verification, they will say they haven't received it yet someone was responding to WES from Law school in the incorrect format.

This went on and on until the hardcopy finally arrived and they called me to send money for hardcopy verification to be sent to WES which I paid.

So please pray for patience and pray your own will be faster. Hope this helps. smiley

Kindly follow @naija2canadapr on Instagram as that is where I document my journey at every stage.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ananne: 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
amaya21:
All these questions have been answered many, many, many times. It just takes some reading.

I have searched and can't find answers.

If you know the answers.. Kindly state it.

You assumed I just asked questions without searching. If you read my questions.. They are not the usual ECA/DOB questions.

The time you spent in asking me to search more could have been spent answering the questions.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
I rechecked and it's 1 year
Pwinkle1:

Is it six months? Thought it was one year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
I searched for one of your questions using "accompanying spouse work experience". Found my own answer to someone on Aug 29 on the first page. No one is insulting you by asking you to do research. These have been answered again and again.

ananne:

I have searched and can't find answers.

If you know the answers.. Kindly state it.

You assumed I just asked questions without searching. If you read my questions.. They are not the usual ECA/DOB questions.

The time you spent in asking me to search more could have been spent answering the questions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2019
Tina26:
how do you know the pnp issued during this period Some have been processing it for a while now. Per the last stats before the draw there are over 11k people on 451 to 472. With the new entrants daily scores will still be high. We pray for a back to back draw in december
As in ehh, I wonder where he got that from.. I specifically know 2 people that got 600 points last week from Alberta.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ka59: 2:43pm On Nov 27, 2019
Please help,
Hi all,
Is it possible for job/position title to be different from job description/ tasks ?

Example Position is Safety Officer (NOC 2263) but present jobs tasks are Accomodation Supervisor (NOC 623) alongside safety offier tasks.The safety officer task is actually monitoring the operational activities of the accomodation team.
Working for the same organization ,where all positions involved works together. Started as Safety officer, but as part of economic challenges and staff reduction, some positions were merged. Job titles have been left the same way but job description changed.
Questions
-In creating in EE profile can I choose Accommodation 0623 as my NOC or must it be safety officer NOC
-In making resume do I leave my position as Safety Officer but can include the Accomodation supervsior tasks?
I ask because should I request for a reference letter , My supervisor/Manager/HR will indicate my position as Safety officer but would not mind adding the accommodation supervsior tasks as well as Safety officer tasks as my job description.
Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jinnyz: 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
Please help out, one of my children is a canadian citizen. Does he need to go for medicals and biometrics?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tolfa(m): 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Yes, it's possible. Job duties should determine your NOC not job title
ka59:
Please help,
Hi all,
Is it possible for job/position title to be different from job description/ tasks ?

Example Position is Safety Officer (NOC 2263) but present jobs tasks are Accomodation Supervisor (NOC 623) alongside safety offier tasks.
Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blazetitov: 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
amaya21:
I searched for one of your questions using "accompanying spouse work experience". Found my own answer to someone on Aug 29 on the first page. No one is insulting you by asking you to do research. These have been answered again and again.

Thank you for that information. It was timely!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by godG: 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2019

Good People, if you can, please increase your points. Good luck to y'all.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Adunni09: 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
godG:

����
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by buchito1(m): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
godG:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blazetitov: 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
godG:

Aye ma ni ka oooo cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.