Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333958 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadianBae: 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2019
I'm relaxing. Can you please tell the bar man to pass me a glass of red wine grin
MJKJ:
Relax. As long as your score is above the draw score, you would get your ITA.

Congratulations are in order.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ayandee: 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
slydog:
I've been dulling. Let me go and pay for my wife eca to boost up to 475, even though it will take a while, but 470's is the new 460
me too. Hubby's eca is in process with wes but we have been dulling on laspotech transcript. His ECA will take us to 479. Abeg who has laspotech transcript contact
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by azuk09: 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
Thanks.
Liispa:

Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jbelieve: 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
NanaF:

Please was this in the era of booking online that this happened? Trying to see what the odds are of this working for me.

Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
These officers sometimes make me wonder if they are truly qualified for the job, how will someone provide all this doc and you said he has 0$ of POF? make una fear God na. reason why i wont put my POF in any investment ish, na the account e go dey (raw accessible cash) till PPR show. please tackle the issue asap. it will end in praise.

NanaF:
Finally received my GCMS. Officer said I did not provide proof of funds so ‘review required’ for eligibility. Also commented that I provided $0 out of the required proof of funds.

Used my stanbic mutual funds letter/statement and pension letter/statement, included explanation on POF in LOE, even included a table breaking everything down alongside the exchange rate.

This thing is very unpredictable because you don’t know the officer that will be in charge of your file.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Becca01: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
CanadianBae:
I'm relaxing. Can you please tell the bar man to pass me a glass of red wine grin

Please let’s know when you receive. In similar shoes, waiting for the ITA

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2019
bekayy:
Mehn im sorry. I thought you had gotten it a long time ago o. These scores are scary. I hope you find another way.b Amen.
Thank you! No I still haven’t, I was just hopeful in the 460s era. Hubby’s ECA is the current deterrent, seriously considering applying as spouse unaccompanied. But the stress after sha..

Please anybody with Unilag WES verification contact, help a sister!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by gsade: 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Silversurfer1:

I believe I've read about people whom WES assessed LLB and Law school certificate as two or more certificates

That is strange. You can send both if you dont mind the risk that the law school cert will not be evaluated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
PNP draws come almost every week. And they are mostly routed via EE. That's why the scores are high. Alberta and Manitoba drew this week. And others, the weeks before too. So, the only way this is coming down is, if provinces reduce the time space for draws because it's as if they have no time limit, just wake up and draw every day.
I said this before and someone disagreed without more but here we are.

"unregulated" (for want of a better word) PNP draws + normally qualified people with 470s up = high draw score. By January, lots of people will be in the pool, qualified and the first draw for the year won't even inspire anyone.

I just hope there is hope somewhere cos more people are coming in. More qualified people at that. Improve your scores and most of you are losing points due to aging.

I'm on 447 awaiting sibling point to hit 462 by January( if AVO will do the honours), if not, i wait till I get 3 Years experience (487). Till then, off to research another country or something. Can't have things like this pause one's life.

Last active post till then. The mental exhaustion is crazy. Good luck to everyone in this pursuit, see you in Canada or NOT.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by gsade: 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2019
Silversurfer1:

We are in the same boat oh. I read on Canadavisa about Lawyers who used WES and still got PPR. They just explained with LOE about the disparity and what IRCC says about Law degrees. Some people here said it won't work because its misrepresentation but how can it be misrepresentation when their government states otherwise? Glad to see proof of this from a Nigerian here. Granted this didn't work for everyone but I did this too and I'm praying for a positive outcome. God dey

Yes. I had that conversation too. But all in all it ended in praise, did IQAS in 2018 July after rejecting my first ITA and IQAS came out Sept 2018, submitted Oct 2018, got PpR in Jan 2019 and landed in April, 2019. Dont worry it will all end in praise no matter the decision you make on WES or IQAS. JUST PRAY ABOUT IT THOUGH.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ans123: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hi NanaF

Sorry to hear this but did the letters state that the funds are accessible at any time and free of any liens, debts, encumbrances ?

NanaF:
Finally received my GCMS. Officer said I did not provide proof of funds so ‘review required’ for eligibility. Also commented that I provided $0 out of the required proof of funds.

Used my stanbic mutual funds letter/statement and pension letter/statement, included explanation on POF in LOE, even included a table breaking everything down alongside the exchange rate.

This thing is very unpredictable because you don’t know the officer that will be in charge of your file.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kaygirl33: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2019
adanac13:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGG POST ALERT!!!! GRAB YOUR POP CORN AND SODA grin

Congratulations dearie.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jjohndoe83: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
NanaF:

Let me understand you sir. Does the VO mean none of the components of your POF came from you, like you got 100% gift of POF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Queenmaker: 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hello, everyone. Please I need help concerning the right NOC to choose. I have a Bachelors degree with 6years work experience in this field, and a masters degree in public health with no work experience whatsoever in Public health field. Would it be okay if I choose the NOC for my bachelors degree even though I also claim to have a masters degree as my highest qualification?
Also, does anyone know anything about alternative career for professions that are regulated or licensed?
PLEASE, I NEED KIND HEARTED FELLOWS TO HELP ME OUT HERE! THANKS.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dare002: 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2019
NanaF:

Liquidate your POF immediately, print your bank statement, and send CSE. Otherwise, it’s straight rejection.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Elektra008(f): 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
CanadianBae:
Tie breaking rule affected me cry cry cry My score is 478 but I submitted on the 9th of Dec
Not possible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by muvey10: 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
Others have gotten PPR with investment, why is her own now like this. Na wa
Dare002:

Liquidate your POF immediately, print your bank statement, and send CSE. Otherwise, it’s straight rejection.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NanaF: 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2019
Dare002:

I’ve already submitted updated POF. I considered that before I got GCMS today, I received an ADR last week for updated POF and I thought it would be more complicated to change POF since they are asking for an update. Submitted that and got re-medicals almost immediately.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 7:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
Somaris:
PNP draws come almost every week. And they are mostly routed via EE. That's why the scores are high. Alberta and Manitoba drew this week. And others, the weeks before too. So, the only way this is coming down is, if provinces reduce the time space for draws because it's as if they have no time limit, just wake up and draw every day.
I said this before and someone disagreed without more but here we are.

"unregulated" (for want of a better word) PNP draws + normally qualified people with 470s up = high draw score. By January, lots of people will be in the pool, qualified and the first draw for the year won't even inspire anyone.

I just hope there is hope somewhere cos more people are coming in. More qualified people at that. Improve your scores and most of you are losing points due to aging.

I'm on 447 awaiting sibling point to hit 462 by January( if AVO will do the honours), if not, i wait till 2021 for 3 Years experience (487). Till then, off to research another country or something. Can't have things like this pause one's life.

Last active post till then. The mental exhaustion is crazy. Good luck to everyone in this pursuit, see you in Canada or NOT.
how is it pnp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NanaF: 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2019
ans123:
Hi NanaF

Sorry to hear this but did the letters state that the funds are accessible at any time and free of any liens, debts, encumbrances ?

It’s the standard format for both letters. Mutual funds letter states that the funds can be fully or partially liquidated at any time, Pension fund letter has the normal clause of 25% available 4 months after resignation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemblaze(f): 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
Tie break cannot affect your score dear. You will definitely get ITA mail. Your score is higher than the cutoff.

CanadianBae:
Tie breaking rule affected me cry cry cry My score is 478 but I submitted on the 9th of Dec

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NanaF: 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Let me understand you sir. Does the VO mean none of the components of your POF came from you, like you got 100% gift of POF?

No, it literally said I didn’t provide proof of funds.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
ednut1:
how is it pnp

I reckon you were the one that disagreed lol. Maybe if you had been following before this year, you'd have known.

The first time PNPs hit 711, a subsequent draw was done a week later in 2018 which marked the end. It was also the lowest.

These days the PNPs hits 700s weekly or IN between before the next draw. With no back to back draws.
Reduce that 715 back to the previous 200-300s( which were more) and you'd have a normal draw touching 440s even without back to backs And more people in your "normal zone" would have gotten ITA. The increase in PNP numbers has a rolling effect on those behind.

Now compare and contrast, research and be informed. It's not the just "715" you saw for this week. A pattern has been altered.

Agree or disagree, I'm Done with it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jjohndoe83: 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
NanaF:

Wetin person no go see? It will end well in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemblaze(f): 8:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
Oh really..am soo sorry I missed that. Your EOR is positive...Your new score is 10/10. Don't come for refund oo...lolsss

adanac13:
lol Thank you I did that in my previous post before my epistle in total it was 5mths. Oya give me my .5

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Neeri: 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hello Good people!
I've been a silent follower of this group and now I've finally caught this Canada Bug. grin . please I have some few questions. Gurus in the house I need your kind help.

I'm currently separated and the divorce proceedings in court but my passport bears my spouse name and since we're no longer together I would like to use my maiden name for my application and the passport will expire march next year .

I want to know if I can sit for my ielts exam with this passport bearing in mind that it will expire in march?

Secondly,
Is it possible to write the exam with my maiden name though I will present a passport which holds a different surname or should I just wait till next year when it expires and my divorce is finalised before I begin this process and also renew my passport?

I will be 35 April next year and from what I've read so far I loose points for birthdays and I'm worried.

Note:All documents are in my maiden name
Highest qualification is MSC.

Thank you for your kind responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WeAreDLucky1s: 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2019
WeAreDLucky1s:

IELTS ME+MADAM = CRS@475

Presently: Gently waiting for Wednesday, so I can shout IT'S ITA, BABY!!!

Waiting for the golden ITA, come next draw.

Inasmuch as I feel excited about my ITA today, I equally want to encourage others who are still waiting for CRS to come down, also to those who are struggling with IELTS, one process or the other - PLEASE, NEVER GIVE UP! I had issues all over prior to ITA and I am still hoping for other criteria to be met, but trust me, the joy of having to read "We are pleased to confirm that we sent you an invitation to apply." overshadows all those stress. Keep it up, never give up, and always move forward. Best of luck guys.

And to my fellow ITA clinchers today, congratulations! Despite the HIGH CRS we still manage to scale through. Always remember that it is not by your power, rather MIRACLE still happens. We may not be the best out there, but obviously WE ARE THE LUCKY ONES!

I hope this inspires somebody, and I'll like to thank you for reading.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemblaze(f): 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
In as much as I don't like to argue..I will disagree with you on this one. Have you taken a critical look at the pool and d distribution. I think @ednut1 posted it. The truth is over 700% increase in range 451-600 and just 17% increase in range 401-450. Do you know what that means?....more younger and qualified people are flooding the pool.
Moreover as for PNP...do you know how long it takes for people to get nominated before updating their profile. Let's wake up...

Somaris:

I reckon you were the one that disagreed lol. Maybe if you had been following before this year, you'd have known.

The first time PNPs hit 711, a subsequent draw was done a week later in 2018 which marked the end. It was also the lowest.

These days the PNPs hits 700s weekly or IN between before the next draw. With no back to back draws.
Reduce that 715 back to the previous 200-300s( which were more) and you'd have a normal draw touching 440s even without back to backs And more people in your "normal zone" would have gotten ITA. The increase in PNP numbers has a rolling effect on those behind.

Now compare and contrast, research and be informed. It's not the just "715" you saw for this week. A pattern has been altered.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
Somaris:

this is march 2019 numbers

Pnp- 246 to 715 today
451-600- 1961 to 15917 today

In naira marley's voice. Say no more kosoro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chidimmamj: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
I just sent you a PM

We have almost the same profile. Can we relate so we can help each other with the Alberta PNP. Administrative assistant is one of the NOCs they picked most this year. I hope it remains the same next year.

Send me a PM let's exchange numbers... We can exchange information about Alberta. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
NanaF:

chineke
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Asetime: 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2019
Tina26:
lol, will be back to drop full gist.
Better oo. Please drop it like it's hot!!! Remember to add plenty bluntness wink Congratulations dear.*Hugs*.

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.