Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1332728 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NanaF: 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
Mamaroon:

All the best ma'am.

@All, a general note of warning on Mutual Funds. They are equity based and even though the Fund Manager or Asset Manager may indicate that you can easily liquidate your investment, the truth is that the amount you receive on liquidation may differ (and be lower) from your original investment if asset/share prices have dropped significantly.

This is not the case with treasury bills (which one holds to maturity) or a deposit for which a bank may charge some small nominal fee for early liquidation on (if at all). This may be why some VOs have issues with Mutual Funds. I know people will say "but it has worked for lagbaja"...but...a word is enough for the wise....apart from deposits and treasury bills, CASH is king!

Money market mutual funds is not equity based. That’s what we use when we refer to Mutual
Funds here. No risk of capital loss. It’s 100% money market- treasury bills and other money market securities. Nobody here will put their POF in an equity based mutual fund. Maybe Stanbic needs to be more specific on their reference letter about the nature of the mutual funds.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Silversurfer1: 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
aremso:

the truth be told, you cant embark on this journey alone with your age. You need the ielts scores of your spouse to push it to at least so please think about it. My wife is the primary applicant cos of age issues, even at 31 plus my ielts, we are still pray for Gods favour. So, please decide in time cos time is fast spent already and if you clock 36 you have -5 in your points.

So, she should stop divorce proceedings in court because of Express Entry score? Or am I missing something?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
The option answered your question, if its not there then you cant

onyekakingsley:
Good day guys. Please does a cousin qualify as a relative when creating an Express entry profile? I can only see the options of uncle, aunt, grandparents but "cousin" wasn't there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by aremso(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
Silversurfer1:

So, she should stop divorce proceedings in court because of Express Entry score? Or am I missing something?

please dont get me wrong oo i have never told her to stop whatever she wants to do, i only told her she cant walk the journey alone! What is my business with her divorce or not?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2019
I just replied. Pardon the delay, I've been traveling. Let's connect.

NENELICIOUS:
Goodevening. I need your advice please, I sent you a PM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
This is a fantastic result. Wow. All the best for the rest of the process

alegria07:
IT'S IELTS SUCCESS

Listening 9.0
Reading. 9.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5

Stage 1 of this express entry journey is complete.
smiley
WES ECA is on the way, about to dive into the pool and hopefully swim towards my ITA and PPR successfully.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by muvey10: 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
Is there hope for us on 478 yo get ITA first ITA in March. I am panicking with the latest 472 score. CIMA ECA should be done max end of February.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by muvey10: 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
Or should I go and learn French because I have been learning for a year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Naffyfera: 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2019
Thank you everyone for your contributions on this site. They have been very helpful. Please I have a question;
Hubby is the PA and he has 70% of the pof in his account while I have 30% in my personal account. Can I transfer this money to him? Or do I just need to print my own bank statement and add to the application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
NanaF:

Money market mutual funds is not equity based. That’s what we use when we refer to Mutual
Funds here. No risk of capital loss. It’s 100% money market- treasury bills and other money market securities. Nobody here will put their POF in an equity based mutual fund. Maybe Stanbic needs to be more specific on their reference letter about the nature of the mutual funds.
there is a mix up somewhere i suppose. Maybe the vo is a newbie too. If you did not provide as insinuated it would have been rejected na. Biko bombard them with call, mail, MP etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Innocent94(m): 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
Hello,pls I’m a new bie here,i was directed to follow dis thread,I hv a bsc in human resources management frm Lagos state university,graduated 2014 and also a predegree result wich enabled me start my bsc from 200level,I’m under 30,also my work experience has been managing my family business wich has been registered 10yrs ago,I’m also aware dat I need to write d ielts general also i’m single....pls what are my chances to qualify for d pool,thank you and God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
Mamaroon:

All the best ma'am.

@All, a general note of warning on Mutual Funds. They are equity based and even though the Fund Manager or Asset Manager may indicate that CASH is king!
those using mutual funds are using money market you can't get lower than your money when liquidated

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Neeri: 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
Thanks dear.
I will look into the change of name and affidavit.

[quote author=carissaa The name thing is always very dicey because there is no guarantee the divorce process will be over by March.
In my opinion, there are 2 options.
1. Go ahead to do a change of name and affidavit back to your previous name and then use that as basis to get a new passport.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadianBae: 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
Lol.. Please put me through when you finally understand because I'm lost myself
Silversurfer1:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
Congrats sis, I am so happy for you. God is great. Pardon my unintentional silence via pms. I just saw them as I've been away. It only shows that man is dispensable when God wants to act grin All the best in your landing plans. Try not to get overwhelmed by the preps.

NeneSisi:
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

I am glad to say it's PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am super thankful, especially as this journey tested both faith and resilience.

That people is our story. Thank you so much for this wonderful thread. I learned a lot. Forgive typos and errors as they were not intentional.

We are indeed blessed, no lies. I am super grateful to the Almighty who looked favourably on us. I also used the feedback form to thank the CPC and our Case Officer for their kind gesture.

It has ended in Praise for me and may it end in praise for you all.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Thanks for this, although I can't seem to find it on page 1. Time hasn't allowed me to update all these while, I'm doing that now.

How's the wait? I'm eagerly looking forward to your announcement
bankyh1905:
ATTENTION!!!

Links to PPR scripts have been established and new members have been inducted to the HALL OF FAME.

Kindly proceed to my post on Page 1 to read.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 7:34pm On Dec 12, 2019
Yeah my bad. I don't have the time to create links for each. Alternatively, you could type the moniker in the search button and find their stories. Just a little bit of research wink
pearlobi:

The links are not opening. Would love to read their stories
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
If your UK certificate is the higher one and you've written ielts, dive into the pool.
Liispa:

Verification is not for all countries, but Nigeria is one of them. My UK certificate did not need verification, its just my Nigerian degree we're awaiting verification for
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Angelicstar(f): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2019
Good evening all
Please if someone is helping u collect eor result can the person use a photo copy of international passport or it must be the original
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2019
This is Ottawa. I know some approved who are still waiting. Just be patient it will come. Approval means your file is fine and that's a good thing.

Lolut:
I applied for FSW-O and my AOR - May 14th. My application was approved on Nov 15th (received confirmation via webform and phone call with IRCC agent) but still i have not received the golden mail.

Anyone with any past experience how to handle this mental draining situation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2019
ladymarshall:
If your UK certificate is the higher one and you've written ielts, dive into the pool.

Unfortunately it’s not o. I’m going to have to enter in January, assuming the evaluation goes well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
Landnaira5:

I’m very sure you won’t need it. Next ITA will surely drop. Congratulations in advance

How do you know it will drop? How sure are you

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
Silversurfer1:

I was wondering the same thing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
It's long overdue sis. I'm eagerly waiting to read your story kiss

Stencil:
Grateful for the PPR flood!

Waiting on the rain to get to me smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 12, 2019
ednut1:
those using mutual funds are using money market you can't get lower than your money when liquidated

NanaF:

No Probs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Landnaira5: 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
pinkbananas:

How do you know it will drop? How sure are youPersonally I believe that doing everything legitimately possible to get your score high is the wise thing to do instead of waiting and hoping it drops.
Also more qualified, younger people get into the pool every single day so what are the odds that it will drop?When was the last time it dropped?
Remember that this EE isn't for Nigerians alone, there's overly qualified people getting crs scores of almost 490 in other parts of the world!
Don't give him/her false hopes. To be on the safe side, he or she should put in their best to increase their scores.

I’m not 100% sure. But I don’t think it won’t drop to 470. If she was on 460, I wouldn’t have told her that. We all know how Nigerian schools delay with transcript. By the the time they send the transcript to Wes and Wes evaluates, she would have gotten AOR.

Of course the decision is hers at the end of the day. There might be a draw next week as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alegria07: 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2019
thank you for the recognition @ladymarshall , waiting for WES to dive in.

ladymarshall:
This is a fantastic result. Wow. All the best for the rest of the process

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Silversurfer1: 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
aremso:

please dont get me wrong oo i have never told her to stop whatever she wants to do, i only told her she cant walk the journey alone! What is my business with her divorce or not?

You made it your business when you said she can't walk this journey alone, meaning she needs her husband to scale through this process which is totally false. Imagine suggesting an adult stop a life changing decision just because you feel shes unable to achieve a simple process on her own. Did she tell you her soon to be ex-husband wants to move to Canada? Abi she will just walk up to him one of these days and say "babe, abeg let's stop this divorce proceeding. I need these scores for Express Entry, so go and write IELTS and assess your degree, afterwards we can continue this process in court. You're the best babe *muah'*". I really don't understand how Nigerians think. It baffles me

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alegria07: 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
First thing you should do is go through page 1 of this thread. A summary is you need to start processing your BSc degree with WES and then register for the IELTS general as you cannot enter thew pool without this 2 documents.

Also regarding your family business, confirm if you have enough digital footprint for the last 3 years showing you working and carrying out various activities.

Welcome to the journey.

Innocent94:
Hello,pls I’m a new bie here,i was directed to follow dis thread,I hv a bsc in human resources management frm Lagos state university,graduated 2014 and also a predegree result wich enabled me start my bsc from 200level,I’m under 30,also my work experience has been managing my family business wich has been registered 10yrs ago,I’m also aware dat I need to write d ielts general also i’m single....pls what are my chances to qualify for d pool,thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2019
@enonymous I just read your PPR story here and my heart did gbim gbim. Chai! You do well o. Na God win grin Hearty congratulations to you again!!! I am so happy for you. You indeed have a kind heart. I have no doubt in my mind you will do fantastically well in Canada, your entrepreneurial spirit is top notch. Money is written all over you and you will make more of it. Together, we will represent in the Business Council of Canada grin

Regards to wifey. And who says you can't do both? Buy her the Tesla, load up the RESP for the kids' financial future and stock the RRSP for you and wifey's sweet retirement.

Cheers to our hustle. Congrats again

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Titaness: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
This IQAS snail-like pace with ECA is capable of driving one crazy. I sent my documents to them since July and I'm yet to receive my ECA report, still in final review.

How long does it take from final review to completion?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadianBae: 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
Can we best friends already?!! E-hugs!!!
Silversurfer1:

You made it your business when you said she can't walk this journey alone, meaning she needs her husband to scale through this process which is totally false. Imagine suggesting an adult stop a life changing decision just because you feel shes unable to achieve a simple process on her own. Did she tell you her soon to be ex-husband wants to move to Canada? Abi she will just walk up to him one of these days and say "babe, abeg let's stop this divorce proceeding. I need these scores for Express Entry, so go and write IELTS and assess your degree, afterwards we can continue this process in court. You're the best babe *muah'*". I really don't understand how Nigerians think. It baffles me

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.