Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330557 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2019
dialinn:

While congratulations is in order, that part and everything that concerns that part of the story must bem this platform for the sake of genuine beneficiaries/users of gift deeds.

Cc: justwise.
you want to go report them to cic or what Let the visa officers do their work

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 55emem55: 7:50pm On Oct 17, 2019
Tina26:
CIC officers would do their work quite alright and when they find out the truth, PPR status could be revoked.

Again, we don't care how you got your POF. Thats too much information. Just share your story and let people congratulate you.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by onyexx: 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2019
Good evening guys...

Please can someone clarify this for me

I have gotten my husband’s PCC for UK. However he will be travelling there next month for just a week. Does this mean we have to do another PCC upon his return? Or it doesn’t matter since he isn’t staying up to 6 months...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by justwise(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2019
Tina26:

I'm disappointed with this

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by justwise(m): 8:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
dialinn:

While congratulations is in order, that part and everything that concerns that part of the story must be condemned seriously and deleted from this platform for the sake of genuine beneficiaries/users of gift deeds.

Cc: justwise.

Edited.

Thanks for calling my attention to it.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jpj(m): 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2019
ladymarshall:
I have updated the remaining hall of fame list of Part 8 on page 1 in this part. If you got PPR in part 8 and your monikers is not on either list, let me know. I'll assume the responsibility for this part. Btw, everything happened so fast this morning grin got query on why I didnt create a new thread during the weekend, created new part asap, got banned and unbanned again. I hadn't even finished reading the last pages of part 8 grin

Welcome to this new thread. May you all get PPR in this part and may we have more PPR scripts and faster processing times by CIC. May the scores and draws be favorable too. @Mamaroon @stencil, @Adunnee @iaatmguy @yemblaze @majamisile @johnnybravo1990 @jjohndoe83 @ladywinterfell @temigee @bankyh1905 @teeielts360 @Ednut1 @Tina26 this is your part, I am so eager to update your monikers in the earliest part of this hall of fame. The wait has been long enough, I'm praying and hoping it would happen asap.

To make this easier so I don't get overwhelmed, I'll handing over the marking responsibility of marking the scripts to @Yemblaze who I strongly nominate openly, if she is willing. She has been so consistent on this thread, understands the marking style and I am very confident she will carry on the script marking tradition until she gets PPR. Hey sis, do you accept? If you do, you can choose a capable assistant whenever you can. If not, I'll nominate someone else.

May we enjoy this part. Parts 1-8, Page 1 of this part and the search bar are great resources for all kinds of questions. We have dealt with over 90% of express entry questions. Let's research first before asking questions so we don't clutter the thread. Let's reserve the pages for customized enquires and special cases.

Congratulations once again, my nerves are failing me as I anxiously wait for any form of feedback from my VO concerning my refusal. How long should I wait if I don't get any form of communication or case reopened to send another form of message?

Sorry for bugging but I am really hopeful for my PPR on this thread.

Thanks for the direction you gave me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MamaJoJo: 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2019
MOVO:

I believe there should be an affidavit to show that that the father has no legal claim to the child.
saying this based on previous posts and stories.

This is wrong you will need consent letter from the father or you go to court and get full custod
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
55emem55:

CIC officers would do their work quite alright and when they find out the truth, PPR status could be revoked.

Again, we don't care how you got your POF. Thats too much information. Just share your story and let people congratulate you.
agreed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
justwise:

I'm disappointed with this
yes he erred . But his tone was too harsh na. Let them enjor their ppr in peace

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chukwuemeka275(m): 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2019
Bogini:
PPR GIST.
GOD IS FAITHFUL.
LONG POST, BUT HOPEFULLY, IT WILL INSPIRE SOMEONE THE WAY OTHERS INSPIRED ME.

I first heard about the express entry in 2016. A cousin of mine told me to apply(He too was considering it at that time), but I just ignored the thing. Anything that has so many processes and procedures to it usually puts me off.
He told me I stood a better chance than him because of my masters degree, but I didn’t even know what this meant.
I have good grades from school, and even a masters degree, but zero work experience. I’ve applied too many times, and no luck, so I was just focusing on my entrepreneurial business.

In 2018, that my cousin got his PPR and left in march with his wife. That’s when it dawned on me that there’s a possibility in this express entry thing.

I spoke to my babe about it, and asked that we try. She agreed to be the principal applicant, since she has genuine work experience.
She took the IELTS in july 2018, and she passed in one sitting (LRSW 8.5,7.0,8.0,8.0) to the glory of God.
Our money didn’t waste, and that gave us hope. There was so much fear before the exam, but we were happy with the results.
We then did our ECA with IQAS(experts said IQAS is better for people with Law degree). This took so so long, about 6 months.
Finally, we got assessed in February 2019, and Immediately, we entered the pool(we were using the long wait time to arrange ourselves and plan).
A few days after entering the pool, we got an ITA( we had a crs of 478).

We immediately began to fill everything. Her medicals was done at IOM, and PCC through a contact who said he knows someone at alagbon police station.
All the while, we were submitting documents for my babe alone, as she’s the principal applicant.
We got reference from her place of work.

We put the money in FD for 6 months.
Everything was explained in the LOE, and all the receipts, the bank letters, the FD certificate….
We locked in our application, and were asked to pay the RPRF which we did .
Got AOR almost immediately, March 9 2019.
Immediately, myself and babe did our introduction the same month( we had been dating for over 3 years) we also did our Registry. We got the marriage certificate, took plenty pictures, then sent everything to IRCC via webform, informing them of status change.
In some days, they responded, congratulating us, and telling us to send a mail to Ottawa via one email addresss, and to inform them. That was when we knew our VO was Ottawa. Everything was going speedily at this point, and we were happy it was Ottawa, and not Ghana or London. Little did we know that we were going to wait for more than 200 days.
At the end of april, Ottawa responded, with a spouse kit waiting in our application portal. I was asked to join the application.
So we started the whole process again, this time for me alone….Medicals, PCC, RPRF….
I traveled to Lagos for IOM and forgot my passport back in my state, I had to beg and beg….but they refused to take a photocopy, not even a colored copy. I had made a copy before leaving home, so I forgot the passport in the machine.
They rescheduled me for another day, I almost cried. I traveled back, then came back in lie 2 weeks.
My babe was first asked to go and do her Biometrics….i followed her to VFS.
Later in May, I got a BIL for myself…so traveled to lagos again.
My babe’s medical was not passed after the normal one month period. I believe this was because I was added to the application. The day I did my medicals and uploaded, 2 days after, we got our MEP.
This was mid May 2019.
We got one or two ghost updates immediately after I uploaded the spouse kit and paid the RPRF. This was May 17.
That was the last time we heard from Ottawa.
It was crazy.
No updates, nothing. We began to wonder if we made any mistakes.
My babe didn’t have so much time. So I was the one in charge of the account. I checked every single day….it was not easy.
I watched the estimate bar as it got to the end, we prayed, fasted, trusted……
Until it got to the end of the 6 months mark. That was when it dawned on us that probably something was wrong.
We raised CSE, mailed ralph. Got a general response from IRCC. Ralph didn’t respond.
After the 7 month mark, I mailed ralph again, without telling my babe(I used her email account). Ralph still didn’t respond.
I made up my mind that I wasn’t ordering GCMS notes…since it usually took about 1 month to get the GCMS notes delivered.
On the 15th of October, around 11pm, I just finished playing PS4, was about to sleep, then I checked our application…. Behold, a ghost update! The “review of additional documents” had changed from “we are processing the additional documents you provided” to “not applicable”.I screamed and woke my wife…..
We were very joyful, and I couldn’t sleep again. This simply meant that PPR was close. At last they had finally carried our file.
The next day, 16th October , I was just happy, hopeful and grateful. I prayed to God that there won’t be any ADR. Aaround 3pm that day, I checked the application again, and behold, another ghost update. This time, I was scared. I thought It might be an ADR. But when I checked, the “not applicable” had changed back to “we are processing the additional documents you provided”.
“what’s all this”, I asked myself. I wasn’t very happy. But then, I stayed calm.
I couldn’t sleep in the night, at 10pm 11pm, 12am…. I was checking our application…..nothing!.
I was already feeling sleepy, so I set my alarm for 2am. The alarm woke me up, I checked the email, nothing, the application too, no updates. I lost hope for the night, dropped my phone and slept.
4:15am, my wife woke me up with “bobo, we got PPR!” I jumped up like they poured hot water on me. I checked the mail, and shouted …..we jumped, we shouted, we cried, we laughed , we praised God…..the feeling was indescribeable.
The long journey finally “ended in praise” (I learnt that phrase on this platform).
If you’re in this, Just hang on, it would certainly come.
I used to read people’s PPR stories here, and used to wonder if mine will ever come.
Thanks to everyone who has inspired me on this platform.
@ladymarshall and co. I am not a really active member, but I read all the posts.
I joined this forum in part 8, and I’m glad to be the first clincher of PPR in part 9.

See you all in Canada.

IELTS – July 28, 2018 (L R S W 8.5, 7.0, 8.0, 8.0)
IELTS results – August 10, 2018
Profile created – Feb. 15, 2019
ITA – Feb. 20, 2019 (CRS 478, cut off – 457)
Medicals – Mar. 06
AOR – Mar 09
ADR(spouse kit) – April 24
BIL – April 24
Medicals (spouse) May 13
BIL (spouse) May 15
Spouse kit uploaded May 15
MEP May 17
Ghost update1 May 17
L
O
N
G

W
A
I
T
Ghost update 2 – Oct. 15
Ghost update 3 – Oct. 16
PPR – 2:38am ,Oct. 17 (dated Oct. 16)
Total number of days – 221 ( 7 months and 8 days)

Omo your story make brains.
Ups and downs in the journey. It ended in praise finally.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chukwuemeka275(m): 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
Seyico98:
Please am new here. If my uncle want to do Provincial nomination for me, what are the procedures he must follow? He does no anything about it, but he is willing to help.

He can help by reading from page 1

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hello house please,

Is it possible to remove any document you added, but later decided not to evaluate? Am talking of wes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
Contact them via their contact us form to remove it

benatokwu:
Hello house please,

Is it possible to remove any document you added, but later decided not to evaluate? Am talking of wes

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by justwise(m): 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2019
Tina26:
yes he erred . But his tone was too harsh na. Let them enjor their ppr in peace

He was not harsh enough in my opinion , we can't keep condoling what is wrong just to avoid upsetting somebody.

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2019
benatokwu:
Hello house please,

Yes, you can. Just send them an email. I had one of my certificates removed too!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 10:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
Oh PPR
How I long for your warm embrace...

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadianBae: 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2019
Let me scale through IELTS first �. Hopefully this will be my last sitting
ednut1:
use iom and avoid qlife then

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadianBae: 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2019
He doesn't need another one since he's not going to stay there for 6 months. Please how long did it take to get yours because I am about to get mine
onyexx:
Good evening guys...

I have gotten my husband’s PCC for UK. However he will be travelling there next month for just a week. Does this mean we have to do another PCC upon his return? Or it doesn’t matter since he isn’t staying up to 6 months...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Saskbound: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2019
Honestly it’s become a little tiring embarassed
Stencil:
Oh PPR
How I long for your warm embrace...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bogini: 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2019
I'm sorry if my previous post offended anyone.
Some people saw it as too much information to let out.
I just got back home and saw people have mailed me, and mentioned me in different posts.

I learnt most things I applied from this group, and just thought I could help one or two persons with those information.

I've deleted my entire PPR story.

Hope we all get what we're looking for.
Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kolping: 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
Ensure you obtain the National Identification Number (NIN) for all members of your family before you leave for Canada.

https://www.nairaland.com/5478442/candidates-2020-jamb-register-national#83234336

https://www.nimc.gov.ng/docs/MandatoryNIN_Gazetted_2017.pdf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
No. You don't. PCC is for places and times where a person stayed over 6 months. Subsequent short visits don't count.
May I ask, did you get the PCC here in Nigeria? And how was it delivered? Mine is taking a lot of time.
onyexx:
Good evening guys...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 10:34pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hello house, I intend to register for the English exam with British council but I got two options. Paper or computer? Which is better?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hi Bogini,
Congratulations again. People who mentioned and emailed you were doing it for you own good. I can see how it came across to you, but I assure, they had your best interest at heart.
There was a "clause" in your gist that people don't want attention drawn to (Justwise already took care of it). I was actually banned a while ago for suggesting this same "clause"
There are officers/agents everywhere doing background checks and what not, seeing that clause might cause more harm than good.
Also, given that these PPR gists require timelines, it won't be too difficult locating your application... you know the rest.

Your PPR gist might benefit someone out there, if you could please repost it, that would be awesome.

I wish you all the best in Canada, don't let this dampen your day. cheesy

Bogini:
I just got back home and saw people have mailed me, and mentioned me in different posts.

I learnt most things I applied from this group, and just thought I could help one or two persons with those information.

Thanks

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tolfa(m): 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
If you are still pre AOR you might have to get a new PCC after he returns back from UK.
onyexx:
Good evening guys...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ayabemm16: 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2019
Did you finish from Management Sciences?[/quote]

No o. Applied Science, Chemistry to be precise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kaygirl33: 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2019
Bogini:

Thanks
Come on bro, it hasn't gotten to that. All we wanted was for you to edit your post and remove some parts that might be quite implicating. Your story was quite inspiring and like you said, you want to give back what you've learnt from the thread.
Nairaland posts always come up whenever you search the net for info on express entry, and it would be unwise to mention the 'B' word (hope you understand) so openly. And again @justwise had done justice to it.
I therefore plead with all humility, that you repost your PPR story.
Thank you for understanding.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemblaze(f): 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
Those that have left nko undecided

Kolping:
Ensure you obtain the National Identification Number (NIN) for all members of your family before you leave for Canada.

https://www.nairaland.com/5478442/candidates-2020-jamb-register-national#83234336

https://www.nimc.gov.ng/docs/MandatoryNIN_Gazetted_2017.pdf
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
I know Sask.. I know..
Very soon..
Saskbound:
Honestly it’s become a little tiring embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Saskbound: 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
Sooooooooooon! We will receive the golden mail smiley smiley
Stencil:
I know Sask.. I know..
Very soon..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Hello house, I intend to register for the English exam with British council but I got two options. Paper or computer? Which is better?
any idea. I need to know what’s up oh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 10:52pm On Oct 17, 2019
Now that's the spirit! I can't wait!! cheesy
Saskbound:
Sooooooooooon! We will receive the golden mail smiley smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.