Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1335098 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ebixxx: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2020
bankyh1905:
Concluding part of my journey to PPR.
Cheers!!!

Hello @bankyh1905!

Please have you received your passport ready for pickup mail and COPR?

What was your PPR to COPR timeline?

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ebixxx: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2020
bekayy:
You know what time it is, It’s PPR Time. Whoop Whoop.

Shalom.

Hello @bekayy!

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Vicolak: 11:12am On Jan 10, 2020
Congrats, you and your wifey deserve the speedy processing
ebixxx:
Let somebody shout HALLELUJAH!!!
It's PPR eFamily!!!
TIMELINE:
NOC: 4032
IELTS (Accompanying Spouse) [2nd Feb, 2019]: LRWS = 8.5,8,7,8.5 (8.5,8,7,7.5 before EOR) British Council
IELTS (PA) 1st attempt [2nd Feb, 2019]: LRWS = 7.5,8.5,7,8 (after this, Wifee refused to write IELTS again... It took months of begging to convince her to write again, so I chose to pay for 2 tests back to back so she would not be under too much pressure)
2nd attempt [27th July 2019] British Council: 8,7.5,7.5,8
3rd attempt [1st August 2019] IDP: 8,9,7,7.5 (Never bothered to collect the TRF)
ECA (PA): Master’s degree (WES – January 14, 2019)
ECA (Accompanying Spouse): Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (MCC – October 26, 2018)
ITA: 12/08/2019 (CRS 468)
AOR: 05/09/2019
MED PASSED/BIL: 19/09/2019
BIOMETRICS DONE: 25/09/2019
PPR: 16/12/19
FAMILY SIZE: 4
Sorry for any typos. I was just in a hurry to share my joy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ebixxx: 11:17am On Jan 10, 2020
Vicolak:
Congrats, you and your wifey deserve the speedy processing

Thanks a lot!

It is 3 weeks Post-Passport submission and I haven't heard back from VFS or CIC.

So I am trying to find out from those who submitted before me if the usual 3 weeks timeline for PPR to COPR has changed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by prinxadeniyi(m): 11:23am On Jan 10, 2020
Good morning seniors in the house. I just got my IELTS result and I need guidance on the journey going forward.

L....6.5
R....7.5
S....8.0
W....8.0
AVG.....7.5

Though our ECA is not yet out but with the above IELTS score, my MBA (2 degrees/certificates), my wife's degree, my 5yrs & more experience i got CRS 451.

Please what are my chances with this score and what is the next step?

Your advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SapphireFort(f): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2020
prinxadeniyi:

Please what are my chances with this score and what is the next level?

Thank you.
Enter the pool as soon as you get your ECA and try to improve your score by retaking IELTS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Samuelobiora19(m): 11:38am On Jan 10, 2020
I think your Best bet should be to write IELTS again or request for a Re-Mark..You need at least 8 in Listening which would make a huge difference(over 20pts)
Good morning seniors in the house. I just got my IELTS result and I need guidance on the journey going forward.

L....6.5
R....7.5
S....8.0
W....8.0

Though our ECA is not yet out but with the above IELTS score, my MBA (2 degrees/certificates), my wife's degree, my 5yrs & more experience i got CRS 451.

Please what are my chances with this score and what is the next level?

Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Vicolak: 11:43am On Jan 10, 2020
Congrats
AryaEgugu:
Thank you so much Guys,
Paid for WES in Jan 2019
Got WES in March
Ielts in march S 8.5, L 8.5, R 8, W 6.5.
Submitted Ielts remark and got W 7 in May (BC dey craze sha)
score: 478
ITA: June 2019
Medicals: Aug 5 2019
AOR: Aug 8 2019
Biometrics: 3 September 2019
SILENCE �
Paid RPRF Nov 22nd (IRCC did not request me to pay, i decided to pay on my own to make the process faster)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 11:44am On Jan 10, 2020
prinxadeniyi:

L....6.5
R....7.5
S....8.0
W....8.0
AVG.....7.5

Please what are my chances with this score and what is the next step?

Thank you.
I bet you didn't calculate your points well because it can't be up to 451 with 6.5 in listening.. confirm that you didn't select that you've work experience in Canada..

Meanwhile, try and retake IELTS.. 6.5 in listening has made you lose some points.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Prisscindy(f): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2020
@chukwuemeka275

Big congratulations to you! Your PPR story is so far the funniest and juiciest I have read. May Canada favour you.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by prinxadeniyi(m): 11:56am On Jan 10, 2020
Influential101:
I bet you didn't calculate your points well because it can't be up to 451 with 6.5 in listening.. confirm that you didn't select that you've work experience in Canada..

Meanwhile, try and retake IELTS.. 6.5 in listening has made you lose some points.

I didn't select work experience in canada, i didn't select having relative in canada, i didn't select have a job in canada.

Everything i filled are what I know I have.

I am 30yrs, to be 31 in Feb so i selected 30yrs.

So, I don't have a chance with 451? cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by prinxadeniyi(m): 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
You're right o, I just confirmed that I put my over 5yrs work experience in Nigeria there.
Please does it mean my work experience here in Nigeria doesn't matter or add any point to my score?

Influential101:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by autolearner: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
Congratulations!

Gnomic5:

Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IELTS- 8,7.5,7.5,7 (LSRW) first and only attempt
Spouse ielts - gave me more than enough point smiley
Siblings point too
CRS- 484
NOC - 4011
WES - February 2019 - June 6 2019
WES spouse - March 2019 -August 2019
Dived into pool June 11
ITA- July 24 2019
AOR- August 28 2019
MEP/BIL- Sept 11 2019
BIOMETRICS DONE- Sept 20 2019
1st Ghost update : Sept 12
2nd Ghost update: 7th January 2020
PPR- 7th January 2020
VO- Ottawa
Family of me and my 2 GUYS

Decision to travel
I have always been a patriotic Nigerian and never believed in travelling out for greener pastures. however, le boo has always been the abroad person but after several visa denials to US and Canada for students visa, we just gave up. my father had always wanted me to go abroad for master but no money. I even tried this jonathan scholarship for masters (i don forget the name of the programme) , i didnt meet cut-off. Every year since 2016, he would plan for relocation, but me i will just yimu that i am not interested. Towards the end of 2018, almost everyone around me started to relocate, i was begining to get out of the shell. Viola my husband mentioned it again 2019 january, and i felt it was time for me to give my son and his siblings a better life.

PRE-ITA

ECA
when there was still waec wahala, with MSC and B.SC from different schools. i created proile march 17th and it was ready june 2019.

IELTS
this is my ielts journey. https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/124#79037184
when my ECA and IELTS result was out, i sharply dived into the pool pending spouse ECA and Ielts.

POST ITA

Medicals
i booked medials with Q-life after ITA because it was cheaper and within the days of submission. We left osogbo a day before and stayed with a family friend. our medicals was during the construction of the road , we got there quite early 6.45 to pick number 3. Unfortunately, our passport was not standard enough so we had to take another one for myself and sonthe same day. last last we left around 12.

PCC
Inspector Funke to the rescue, 7k for myself and hubstar.

POF
This was the major hurdle. before i started anything on this journey, i already sat my parents down to discuss every single details and they promised that when i was ready they would help. finally, when Ita landed, pilee trsanfered the 100 percent of POF to me. i didnt invest the money at all, i couldnt get bank reference in cic format. I submitted LOE to explain the breakdown the summary of pof (GIFT DEED AND PENSION) ,Notarized giFT DEED, DAD'S INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT, bank reference letter (not in cic format) , letter of non-indebtedness, 6 month online signed bank statement highlighting the gift deed inflow, screenshot of the exchange rate for that day on xe.com, pension refrence letter and pension statement.

Work Experience
this was quite easy. please and please always check and recheck your documents before submission. i almost submitted a reference letter with the wrong annual salary figure from what is on my employment letter. i discovered a day to submission and had to request for another. I submitted

siblings points
proof of relationship: i submitted our birth certificates, our international passport becuse i changed my name when i got married, our parents marraige certificate because i changed name before marraige, change of name affidavit too.
proof of sibling pr: copr, front and back of pr card
proof of residence: utility bill, lease agreement, pr card:
proof of status: front and back of pr card.
I didn't submit schedule A upfront despite my spouse visa refusal.

POST AOR

AFTER checking and cross-checking, we finally submitted around 11.45pm on AUGUST 28. we got BILMEP on sept 12 but didn't go for biometrics until Sept 20.
Raised CSE to find out about my visa office on October 4th and got a generic response
Raised another one on the 25th of October. Visa office was OTTAWA. WHEN I GOT THE REPLY, I jumped up in excitement as if i got PPR. MY Collegue was looking at me like whats wrong with this one. i told her she cant understand.

SILENCE

Around December, August Aor with Ottawa STARTED GETTING PPR And i was like, wow. that early. Naso me sef anticipate PPR Till i made my 1st call on 2oth of December, the agent said eligibility and criminality is passed. While waiting, a friend of mine adviced me to enroll for the CFA free investment course because I was going to change career when we get to the maple land. After that call, i check my profile like a billion times daily till i caught OJUJU around 4am yesterday. And VIOLA, 11pm, Za eagle landed in my mail. i just called hubstar and said Babes, we have made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After i found out about my visa officer, I joined the best group OVO , the baddest. That group na real group. the happening group .....from orisirisi we get am there. they are family already because it made the wait worthwhile.
I dedicate this to God and everyone. I pray for those waiting for a positive response at every point in this journey, that your good news is here and will happen. this year will open doors of opportunities for us

i want to specially thank everyone on OVO group, you guys are awesome. all my paddy from @chicyclass , my babes aisah, fawzy, my guy trick, shardarck, bhaloosky, aunty jolie, akin, duke of alberta, adetayo, gerrard, hoppy, DH, ada baby, june, mama hephzibah, oyinlola, obinna.- you guys are awesome...God bless you...i pray for `those expecting PPR, we go parte after parte.

To my darling Brother and his wife, thank you for everything.....

To hubstar, you know i got you baby even though i had to force you to write ielts when you were extremely busy, thank you for not letting my stubborn self say no to relocation last year.

May canada favour us.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
prinxadeniyi:
You're right o, I just confirmed that I put my over 5yrs work experience in Nigeria there.
Please does it mean my work experience here in Nigeria doesn't matter or add any point to my score?

Put your experience under foreign work experience.. any experience gained outside Canada is foreign..

Then retake your IELTS, you stand a very good chance if you retake your IELTS and get a good score in Listening while maintaining other scores

You've a Masters, so your score will be good with a good IELTS score. Your wife will have to write IELTS too because there's 20 points for spouse's IELTS..

just pray around the CRS calculator and you'll understand better.. all the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ovy92(f): 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
I have checked, i didn't see any format whatsoever

Thats why i had to come out openly to ask

Please whoever can help me, please do

Thanks in advanced
carissaa:

Check page 1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
My profile has been updated (was updated yesterday) but no text yet (to come collect the passport, maybe sometime next week). Congrats to you again
Submitted on the 17th of Dec.

ebixxx:

Hello @bekayy!
Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chukwuemeka275(m): 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
Please CoPR clinchers, did you have to book an appointment when going to VFS with your passport and digital pictures? I'm not too clear on what to do...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by akintunde63: 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
Somaris:
PNP draws come almost every week. And they are mostly routed via EE. That's why the scores are high. Alberta and Manitoba drew this week. And others, the weeks before too. So, the only way this is coming down is, if provinces reduce the time space for draws because it's as if they have no time limit, just wake up and draw every day.
I said this before and someone disagreed without more but here we are.

"unregulated" (for want of a better word) PNP draws + normally qualified people with 470s up = high draw score. By January, lots of people will be in the pool, qualified and the first draw for the year won't even inspire anyone.

I just hope there is hope somewhere cos more people are coming in. More qualified people at that. Improve your scores and most of you are losing points due to aging.

I'm on 447 awaiting sibling point to hit 462 by January( if AVO will do the honours), if not, i wait till 2021 for 3 Years experience (487). Till then, off to research another country or something. Can't have things like this pause one's life.

Last active post till then. The mental exhaustion is crazy. Good luck to everyone in this pursuit, see you in Canada or NOT.

Thanks for the write-up!
However, I do not completely share your sentiments. For example if you examine the range of score in the EE Pool, you'd observe that those with CRS above 600 are very limited, so the PNPs can't be blamed. The real culprit is the high number of candidates with Canadian degrees and work experience; each year when they graduate, they cause abnormally high CRS cut-off in the pool. Unfortunately, their number was very very in 2019.
Furthermore, the provinces have higher nomination targets for 2020...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
Read all the PPR success stories on page 1. There is a couple there that used business references. Send the person a PM to ask. Business references are not quite common
ovy92:
I have checked, i didn't see any format whatsoever

Thats why i had to come out openly to ask

Please whoever can help me, please do

Thanks in advanced
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SoftWorking(f): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
KsMom:

Best of luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Remicynt(f): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
I applied for remark.. I just got a mail saying I shld pick my trf on Monday. It wasn't specified if I would be able refunded or not... Should I be worried am already scared sef... Pple that have experience in remark should please share there views

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mummychichi: 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
chukwuemeka275:
Here's the story as promised

LONG WRITE UP PERHAPS, READERS BEWARE
It’s here finally!

Finally, I give God all the glory for making this possible
My parents who encouraged me during the IELTS trauma.

All the best guys.

Congratulations!!!

I laughed so hard. You have a good sense of humour.

All the best .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ovy92(f): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
Okay thank you very much for explaining, i appreciate,

I will do as you have advised

Thanks once again

carissaa:
Read all the PPR success stories on page 1. There is a couple there that used business references. Send the person a PM to ask. Business references are not quite common
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kaygirl33: 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
chukwuemeka275:
Excuse me!!!!
Cough cough....
Just testing my sound... Okay my studio manager says it's good.
Jesus Igwe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nwanne PPR! abata!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

Abeg details later in the day.
Nwanne nke a atoom special. Congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tofs2: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
silent reader,
AOR- 26-09-19
was asked to do sputum test in november, result was to be to in 8-10 weeks, medical result was sent to the embassy on 06-01-2020.
PPR- 09-01-2020.
103 days from AOR.
Keep believing!

47 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Slimcanada001: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
If there is no refund form attached in the mail it means there was no change.

Remicynt:
I applied for remark.. I just got a mail saying I shld pick my trf on Monday. It wasn't specified if I would be able refunded or not... Should I be worried am already scared sef... Pple that have experience in remark should please share there views
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Adet0022: 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
[quote author=bekayy post=85672757]
@bekayy: Did you get a mail notification for the profile update because I submitted on 17th as well but no updates yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ebixxx: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
Thanks a lot for your prompt response!

I guess the holidays may be responsible for the delays/change from the usual timelines.

Congratulations again!

I submitted on the 20th of December, so hopefully My profile will be updated next week.

bekayy:
My profile has been updated (was updated yesterday) but no text yet (to come collect the passport, maybe sometime next week). Congrats to you again
Submitted on the 17th of Dec.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by b0y(m): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
Greetings people!

Anyone with details on CES evaluation for lawyers?

I have searched the entire forum and beyond, not one result pointed this out. Now that IQAS is on suspension, i really want to know if ECA from CES is a better alternative and if this is worth giving a shot for maximum (professional) points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
I got the mail today saying my profile has been updated. Although, i had logged in yesterday and saw the change before the mail came in today.

Adet0022:

@bekayy: Did you get a mail notification for the profile update because I submitted on 17th as well but no updates yet.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kaygirl33: 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
chukwuemeka275:
Here's the story as promised

All the best guys.
Congratulations guy. Your story made me laugh out so loud. May you prosper in your new country. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Datevilme: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hello guys,

Concerning uploading statements of accounts, is it compulsory I go to the bank to get a printed copy, or can compile the ones my bank usually sends monthly via email?

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.