Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,697 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1331054 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by adeptonlin(m): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2020
Exactly what I did
carissaa:

It's not. However, make sure you upload your ECA report o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kofo123: 6:42pm On Feb 12, 2020
Good evening everyone, does WES evaluate HDRC diploma? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Sapte(f): 6:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
Please how where you able to get your IJMB transcript. I am stock here too

Hi, please go ahead with your MSc alone. D stress of the IJMB is not worth it since you already have masters. My verification took almost 11months cos of IJMB [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Freeopod(m): 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2020
ovy92:
Huge Congratulations, Indeed your Tenancity really paid off, I am happy for you, Congratulations once again

Thanks mate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by akintunde63: 7:18pm On Feb 12, 2020
Freeopod:
Its PPPPPPPRRRR/COPRRRRRRRR!!!!!

TIMELINE

Ist IELTS: March 2019, 7.5, 6.5, 7,7 LRWS
2nd IELTS: July 2019 8.5,7.5, 7,7 LRWS

ECA- ICES: July 30

ITA: 469 (August 8 )
AOR: August 30
ADR: January 9

PPR: January 17

COPR: February 12
VO Ottawa

Family of ME Myself and I

Special thanks to everyone on OVO group and Aug/Sept/Oct group...you guys rock! Big shout out to all the sticker Kings and Queens on these groups, the matchmakers, the twinnies, prayer warrior etc. May the Maple land favour us all

STORY

Losing my hard earned money to MMM was when I decided that leaving the country is the next best thing to do. During this time a friend secured a study visa to the US and he encouraged me to give it a shot too but the Fear of writing GMAT discouraged me so i started looking for alternatives.

I shifted my focus away from the Politics and Romance section to focus on the Travel section. The search for a US alternative somehow took me straight to the living in Canada thread. After reading few pages I got to know about the express entry thread So I moved to the express-entry thread in 2018. I spent close to 3 months reading and studying the EE process. After getting the full grasp of the process i realized i needed a huge amount to finance it.

Luckily for me, my aunt came with an offer for a job in Lagos just at the right time. I jumped at it even though the salary was nothing to write home about. I started the job late 2018 with the sole intention to use a large percentage of the salary to finance the process. By February 2019, I got a passport for myself as a Val gift and wrote my first IELTS just to test the waters in March. Result came out and expectantly I failed cos I messed my reading up but I wasn't bothered. I decided to write another by April but a friend suggested that I start my credential evaluation and use the evaluation wait time to prepare again for IELTS. I coughed out close to 80k and opened an ICES account and the evaluation started. Then the hustle to write the second IELTS began which i chose to write in July when the evaluation will be ready.

I wrote and passed IELTS and ICES came through by July ending. I dived into the pool with a CRS of 469 and got ITA three days after and finally submitted August ending. The 6 months wait started in September, I joined 2 August AOR groups on whatsapp. The wait became fun and stress-less as a result of the kind people particularly on the whatsapp groups (please never join an Indian whatsapp group for your sanity).I raised CSE reluctantly in November and it came back as OVO so I joined a Naija OVO group where i met fabulous people.

By December 2019, August AORs started getting the golden mail so I became expectant too but nothing came forth. September AORs started getting in January and the panic started. I downloaded the Dingtone call app in January and started calling ircc. After endless days of calling i finally got across to an agent, I was told my application looked good and nothing was wrong. I calmed down and started checking my application every now and then just to catch the almighty ghost update. A week after, the ghost update came but unfortunately it came with a Schedule A ADR. Submitted the ADR the very next day and I started looking out for ghost updates again. 3 Ghost Update came in quick successions but none came with a PPR. I continued my endless prayers and a 4th ghost update finally came after 4 days. The same night I started refreshing my mail around 10.30pm (OVO group members know the significance of this time). Few minutes to 11pm the PPR mail finally came in and that ENDED MY WAIT.

NB ` This wait time taught me patience which is one of the key attribute needed in this PR journey.. Again, the importance of reading and reading extensively from part 1 cant be over emphasized, everything you need for a smooth application is here. A lot of people have met me to explain the process and i kept referring them back to these EE threads after giving them a summary. Sadly, these people get discouraged as a result of their impatience to read through the threads.
Finally, nothing good comes easy, a price must be paid. I remember those days when my colleagues laughed at me for staying back at the office studying, they mocked me for trying to save all i earned. Now it has ended in praise and my tenacity paid off.

CANADA HERE I COME!

I love that "don't join Indian group'' part. It's the absolute truth, they can give someone heart attack! They've never been out of Mumbai or Gujarat, but they'll talk as if they're already in Canada

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Saintee2009(m): 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2020
ifyonline:
I called them and they have swapped for me..
Thanks
That's good.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by obynaDmob(m): 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2020
Freeopod:
Its PPPPPPPRRRR/COPRRRRRRRR!!!!!

TIMELINE

Ist IELTS: March 2019, 7.5, 6.5, 7,7 LRWS
2nd IELTS: July 2019 8.5,7.5, 7,7 LRWS

ECA- ICES: July 30

ITA: 469 (August 8 )
AOR: August 30
ADR: January 9

PPR: January 17

COPR: February 12
VO Ottawa

Family of ME Myself and I

Special thanks to everyone on OVO group and Aug/Sept/Oct group...you guys rock! Big shout out to all the sticker Kings and Queens on these groups, the matchmakers, the twinnies, prayer warrior etc. May the Maple land favour us all

CANADA HERE I COME!

Congrats mate! grin .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by allabs: 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
Help!!!!!!!!!!

Please any Nigerian January AOR group??

I am tired of these indians. They can worry for nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2020
allabs:
Help!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jayanne123: 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
firpemi:
I used my GT debit card, the payment was successful. this was last week.
Hello, I have tried several times to make the payment and the page for payment doesn't ever open completely and j cannot fill up my Mastercard details completely. This has been going on for weeks now. Please what should I do?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jayanne123: 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2020
firpemi:
I used my GT debit card, the payment was successful. this was last week.
Hello guys, I have been stuck in this Napra ID thing for weeks now. I am not allowed to make the payment. The page where I am supposed to input my Mastercard details is not opening completely.Please help me!
Please look at the attached photo and advice me. The page is not opening completely and I am using Google Chrome browser.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jayanne123: 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2020
[quote author=firpemi post=86593303]I used my GT debit card, the payment was successful. this was last week.[/quote
Hello Firpemi, thank you so much for your assistance. Please I am having issues with the page I'm supposed to make the payment on. It is not opening completely for me to enter my Mastercard details. I am so so confused. Please help me. God bless you!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dkberen: 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2020
jayanne123:

Which bank are you using its card? Maybe that could be the problem
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dgreatestt: 9:26pm On Feb 12, 2020
Adeorioba:

I have a problem though, I came in to FUNAAB through their foundation science program (FSP) , so I started from 200level, would I need to get the transcript for FSP too and do WES for that.

Hi, I just tried to email you. I also have the same issue, i.e, doing FSP and entering to 200l. Pls have you started your WES? Did funaab include the fsp on your transcript?

I will be glad to read from you. I have also tried to PM you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Cifrag: 9:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
Good Evening All, I just got married and my spouse is not interested in leaving the country soon. Please, how does this unaccompanied spouse option work/entail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by allabs: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2020
Help!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Cifrag: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2020
Please, can anyone assist with a link to join the Nigerian group chat.
akintunde63:

I love that "don't join Indian group'' part. It's the absolute truth, they can give someone heart attack! They've never been out of Mumbai or Gujarat, but they'll talk as if they're already in Canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Vousmevoyez(f): 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2020
kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dkberen: 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2020
allabs:
Help!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by allabs: 10:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
Dkberen:

Send a pm

Sent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by DexterousOne(m): 11:36pm On Feb 12, 2020
Pls o I want to ask

Is the verification from institution for WES not in the form of e-mail?

Why is Unilag doing me like this na
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by DexterousOne(m): 11:38pm On Feb 12, 2020
akintunde63:

I thought Nigerians panic until I had the same encounter with Indians on the CanadaVisa site

Those ones eh cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by DexterousOne(m): 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2020
Flopretty:

Yes, you need to send mail to WES explaining. They will review and issue another ECA.
Exactly the same issue happened to me. I sent a mail and it was resolved. It took about 2-3weeks.

Oh really?

I feel it does not really matter though

Because that is my situation as well..

I graduated a year before my certificate was issued, and my certificate reads the year it came out, even though my transcripts suggests j finished the year before , and that is what is reflecting in my WES portal.

I'm not stressing over it though

It should not be a big deal
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by crazyinlove: 12:35am On Feb 13, 2020
Hi everyone,
Please anyone knows how the startup immigration program works. I need a step by step guide on how to go about it.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by flgd: 3:31am On Feb 13, 2020
Good day. Am interested in this too. PM sent. Thanks
Dkberen:

Send a pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 4:50am On Feb 13, 2020
HALLELUJAH. just came here to scan through and saw this. I am thankful to GOD on your behalf. Wohhooooo. YAGA!!!!

Stencil:
The Siege is Over!
PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 5:29am On Feb 13, 2020
Thank you!
DexterousOne:
congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 5:30am On Feb 13, 2020
Thank you! grin grin grin
MJKJ:
Congratulations...

Please don't make us wait 2weeks for your ppr gist o. Lol

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 5:31am On Feb 13, 2020
Thank so much! Finally is the perfect word!
pandora1:
Finally!!! A big congrats to you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 5:33am On Feb 13, 2020
Yes!!! God is so faithful! Thank you!
godG:

Sis!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Wow!!! This is such a great news!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 5:34am On Feb 13, 2020
kiss kiss kiss kiss Thank you so so much!

PS: I see a notification for a PM but I have no email.. I'm not sure why.
Itzpearlz:

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyssssssssssssssss!!!!!
Congratulations Sis!!!! wink cheesy smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 5:35am On Feb 13, 2020
finally finally! God has put laughter in my mouth.

Thecannylady:

Finally! Congrats!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.