Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1336387 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by efiponsa: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
Good afternoon house, please who knows anyone that have traveled to Saskatchewan through the sinp occupation in demand stream. Please how fast is the process
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by aremso(m): 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
bankylan:
With IELTS score of 6666, you are ELIGIBLE to create a profile. Let us not misinform people here please.

really?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by intrinsicniyi(m): 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing great.

Finally, I had a ghost update and afterwards, I called IRCC to ask them what's up with my application. This is what I got from the agent:

Eligibility - Passed
Security - Valid
Criminality - Valid
Background - Valid
VO - Montreal, Ca

I have also ordered for GCMS notes.

To the seniors in the house, what is the way forward and how soon can PR come through? smiley

Lastly, I recently got notified that another PR that I applied for in the country where I had my MSc is ready for collection. However, I can't pick it up right now since I have left the country. I am thinking of delaying the collection till I get my Canada PR (I only have 3months though). Is this a good move? Also, in case I pick up this new PR while my Canada PR is still in process, do I have to inform IRCC about it? I really don't want anything to delay this Canada thing as its my main priority. #iConfuse

Thanks as I look forward to responses.

@Stencil
@Sesan01
@Zeus04

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Desore: 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
intrinsicniyi:
Hi everyone,

Finally, I had a ghost update and afterwards, I called IRCC to ask them what's up with my application. This is what I got from the agent:

Eligibility - Passed
Security - Valid
Criminality - Valid
Background - Valid
VO - Montreal, Ca

To the seniors in the house, what is the way forward and how soon can PR come through? smiley

Lastly, I recently got notified that another PR that I applied for in the country where I had my MSc is ready for collection. However, I can't pick it up right now since I have left the country. I am thinking of delaying the collection till I get my Canada PR (I only have 3months though). Is this a good move? Also, in case I pick up this new PR while my Canada PR is still in process, do I have to inform IRCC about it? I really don't want anything to delay this Canada thing as its my main priority. #iConfuse

@Stencil
@Sesan01
@Zeus04

what is your AOR?

According to the IRCC response. Your PR should be ready within 2 Months. We are all looking at September

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by intrinsicniyi(m): 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Desore:

what is your AOR?

According to the IRCC response. Your PR should be ready within 2 Months. We are all looking at September

Thanks for your response.

AOR: January,2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by justwise(m): 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
@mamaroon

Please help us with a new part of this thread.

Let me know when that is done so as to have a look at it and also lock this current thread.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Allegory(f): 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
That's impossible for a naira card...even before the CBN downward review most banks limit was btw $500-1000.
Best to go to the bank & confirm

Ok, like I said, I just saw that on google when I was trying to find a card that would work. @Neam9 please call the bank to confirm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
I congratulate you. How did you do the other PR, bro? We could private-chat, you know. All eggs in one basket get as e dey be.
intrinsicniyi:
Hi everyone,

Eligibility - Passed
Security - Valid
Criminality - Valid
Background - Valid
VO - Montreal, Ca

@Stencil
@Sesan01
@Zeus04

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
Passerby2:

Even some dollar cards have restrictions of $1000 so be sure to make adequate enquiries before using them.
I disagree. I don't see why they should restrict you from spending your own money.

Dollar cards work with a dollar account so you are literally spending the dollar you have. If the card isn't funded with USD, you can't use the card.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liz019: 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liz019: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hi ladykilllar please do you have any info about the telegram group? Thanks.

ladykilllar:

There's a telegram group containing past and prospective students and a drive with the syllabus and textbooks so you can have a glimpse of what you are about to go into. There are also good tutors incase you aren't IT inclined and you need a help in learning the basics.

There are centers in Lagos, Abuja and other states i cannot remember. Check page 1 for more info and Google them. The next exam would be taking place in November, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liz019: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hi Nobong, please do you have any info on this yet?

Nobong:

Hi, thank you. I read page 1 but the isn’t enough and the WhatsApp link doesn’t exist anymore.
Does anyone in the house have an idea of a new WhatsApp or telegram group to aid new comers please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chenkes: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Access used to be $3000 before the review. Last I confirmed which was about 2wks ago, it was $1000
MayorOfEdmonton:
That's impossible for a naira card...even before the CBN downward review most banks limit was btw $500-1000.
Best to go to the bank & confirm

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChildofFavor: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
skedemi:

Please Can you upload the files on a google drive and share?
Please bro, did he share? I will love to have the materials too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by gracechellar(f): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
bankylan:
With IELTS score of 6666, you are ELIGIBLE to create a profile. Let us not misinform people here please.

And I said yes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by saskatoonguy: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
ipheoluwa22:

Thank you so much for this feedback I also did .y masters in UI and right now WES said they have sent a verification email to UI. pls did you contact anyone in UI or you just waited ?

I had a contact from the beginning. I notified him immediately the notification was sent by WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladykilllar: 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
post=93253396:

Here you go. There are a couple of folders and sub folders of materials but properly arranged. I hope you find it useful
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U90rWyxi7EymQDyHyMBnh-IGbuYZ22N-?usp=sharing

See the above link ChildofFavor
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by isangjohnson: 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
INDECISION!!!

It's always good to handover plans to God, especially when it has to do with future because He's the one and only that knows tomorrow.
My closed friend, a Bsc holder, who's currently working in Nigeria Customs Service with 9yrs working experience is planning to relocate to Canada with his wife and two kids through EE.
He's 38yrs and he has started Tef lessons to increase his crs score.
He called to inform me yesterday that though he's still praying and trusting God for directions, but he's still in an indecisive state of whether to relocate or not.
Gurus and those that have relocated should please advice.

1. Will it really pay him, if he resigns and relocate with his family?
2. Will it be possible for him to see a similar paid job over there considering the current unemployment rate covid 19 has caused globally?

His primary purpose was to secure the future of his two kids in a secured environment, but his worries centered on securing a well paid job that will provide the needed resources.

No attack please!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
Chenkes:
Access used to be $3000 before the review. Last I confirmed which was about 2wks ago, it was $1000
It's now $300 per month and $100 per day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by smartkester(m): 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hello guys, please can one use the experience of remote jobs in his express entry profile. For instance Someone working remotely for over 2 years as a software tester with lionbridge and the likes of Crossover, can they claim this work experience on EE??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaCanadian28: 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
intrinsicniyi:
Hi everyone,

Eligibility - Passed
Security - Valid
Criminality - Valid
Background - Valid
VO - Montreal, Ca

@Stencil
@Sesan01
@Zeus04
What’s the other country? Personally, there are some countries I would pick over Canada, Australia is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaCanadian28: 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Desore:

what is your AOR?

Do you reside in Nigeria? Folks in Nigeria that we submitted application together last year December (that I know of) have passed everything since April and they have still not gotten PPR. IRCC is holding off sending PPR to people in some locations due to the border restrictions. Nobody knows when the restrictions will be lifted so I don’t think anyone can give a definite answer. If you are in US or Australia though you could get PPR. There have been reports of people in these locations getting PPRs during this pandemic.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaCanadian28: 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
[quote author=NaijaCanadian28 post=93291658][/quote]

Do you reside in Nigeria? Folks in Nigeria that we submitted application together last year December (that I know of) have passed everything since April and they have still not gotten PPR. IRCC is holding off sending PPR to people in some locations due to the border restrictions. Nobody knows when the restrictions will be lifted so I don’t think anyone can give a definite answer. If you are in US or Australia though you could get PPR. There have been reports of people in these locations getting PPRs during this pandemic.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2020
We are all on this journey because we believe it is worth it. A lot of people older than 38 have packed up and left to Canada because we believe it is worth it. in this journey as in life, there are risk to take. Him staying in Nigeria is also a risk.
His primary purpose will definitely be met. He will also secure a job.

Nobody can make up your friend’ mind for him but i hope when he does it wont be too late.

isangjohnson:
INDECISION!!!

It's always good to handover plans to God, especially when it has to do with future because He's the one and only that knows tomorrow.
My closed friend, a Bsc holder, who's currently working in Nigeria Customs Service with 9yrs working experience is planning to relocate to Canada with his wife and two kids through EE.
He's 38yrs and he has started Tef lessons to increase his crs score.
He called to inform me yesterday that though he's still praying and trusting God for directions, but he's still in an indecisive state of whether to relocate or not.
Gurus and those that have relocated should please advice.

1. Will it really pay him, if he resigns and relocate with his family?
2. Will it be possible for him to see a similar paid job over there considering the current unemployment rate covid 19 has caused globally?

His primary purpose was to secure the future of his two kids in a secured environment, but his worries centered on securing a well paid job that will provide the needed resources.

No attack please!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Rach622(f): 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
Good day all

I heard that writing IELTS with MOD IDP guarantees much better results than writing with British Council. Is this true?

Also what can you say concerning BCS diploma?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Rach622:
Good day all

I heard that writing IELTS with MOD IDP guarantees much better results than writing with British Council. Is this true?

Thank you
grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by youngwolf(m): 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
Rach622:
Good day all

Thank you

Guaranty??. Please don’t play yourself o

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by isangjohnson: 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
[quote author

I appreciate your timely response boss.
I really understood my friend's point of view as he's not doing bad in Naija.

I pray God will also guide his actions on this accordingly!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Brownie1003: 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
Which guarantee? Hmm..I have written with MOD 5 times, did it make me get my required scores? Pls prepare hard and write with any official body.
All the best
Rach622:
Good day all

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by saskatoonguy: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
sad angry angry angry angry our 73k still with MOD
Rach622:
Good day all

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Allegory:

I think I saw $3000 on Google, not sure. You can google it

It is $300
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
justwise:
@mamaroon

Please help us with a new part of this thread.

Let me know when that is done so as to have a look at it and also lock this current thread.

Thank you

Done sir, need help to access the previous versions of page 1 to copy the hyperlinks to the FAQs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.