Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? (11402 Views)

Batch A 2015 Passing Out Parade To Come Up In February 2016? / Best Companies To Do Nysc With: / American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? by netotse(m): 11:13pm On Dec 07, 2010
Rare:

Look at it this way. In spite of the NYSC being mandatory to gain employment, people are still considering if it's "wise" (and these are potential job seekers). Imagine if that mandatory requirement did not exist.
Then, why are people even considering a mandatory activity in the first place? Because of the inherent 'gaming' as you put it. Also I do not envisage a scheme without any 'gaming', that is utopian. I earlier used the phrase 'at least to a good degree' to establish the level of reduction in 'gaming' that would make the scheme tolerable. Moreover, the 'gaming' in question is of a blatant type. Others systems, which you allude to, usually have a more subtle 'gaming', hence tolerable by any design.
people are hesitant not because the system isn't fair(we're nigerians, we dont do 'fair'. . .lol), but because it's practically a failure, welfare for the corp members is terrible. the conditions are abysmal in most cases. . .

I understand your self-defense.
watevs man. . .
Re: Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? by axeman85(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2010
FELLOW BANKERS IN THE HOUSE. PLS HELP.

I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING TO DO MY NYSC IN 9JA COME FEB2011 BUT I AM DOING IT IN LAGOS AS A FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUTE. HOWEVER I HAVE WORK EXPERIENCE WORKING IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST 2YRS IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY IN UK.

PLS HOW DO I GO ABOUT DOING MY SERVICE YEAR IN A BANK AND ALSO HOW MUCH DO THESE BANKS PAYS CORPERS. ? as the probability of them hiring me as an experienced staff without nysc is qite slim.

PLS DONT YAB ME, AS I SAID. I AM ALREADY AN EXPERIENCED WORKER IN THE UK BUT BECOS I WANT TO RELOCATE BACK TO 9JA NYSC IS A MUST SO I HAVE NO OPTION THAN TO DO IT, HENCE MY QUESTIONS. ANYBODY WITH INFO CAN DROP ME A MAIL IN MY BOX OR LEAVE IT ON HERE. #THANKS
Re: Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? by netotse(m): 10:42am On Dec 21, 2010
axeman85:

FELLOW BANKERS IN THE HOUSE. PLS HELP.

I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING TO DO MY NYSC IN 9JA COME FEB2011 BUT I AM DOING IT IN LAGOS AS A FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUTE. HOWEVER I HAVE WORK EXPERIENCE WORKING IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST 2YRS IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY IN UK.

PLS HOW DO I GO ABOUT DOING MY SERVICE YEAR IN A BANK AND ALSO HOW MUCH DO THESE BANKS PAYS CORPERS. ? as the probability of them hiring me as an experienced staff without nysc is qite slim.

PLS DONT YAB ME, AS I SAID. I AM ALREADY AN EXPERIENCED WORKER IN THE UK BUT BECOS I WANT TO RELOCATE BACK TO 9JA NYSC IS A MUST SO I HAVE NO OPTION THAN TO DO IT, HENCE MY QUESTIONS. ANYBODY WITH INFO CAN DROP ME A MAIL IN MY BOX OR LEAVE IT ON HERE. #THANKS
you could try talking one on one to the banks. . .but the way i see it, it'd have to be a personal arrangement. . .banks pay corpers about 40 - 60k per month in most places.

Knowing some of the banking heavyweights could stand you in good stead to actually 'work' during NYSC. . .imo, you left it too late if you're not connected to the hilt.
Re: Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? by DisGuy: 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2010
9-30th March 2011

The NYSC website is top-notch grin
Re: Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? by hickybrax(f): 3:57am On Dec 31, 2010
At axeman85, bear in mind that banks HARDLY retain their Corpers.
Re: Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? by DisGuy: 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2011
They should decentralise the thing, each 'geopolitical' zone should have an NYSC office- i wonder why no one has come up with this, why should it happen in one place and they cant even post the letters back abi what's NIPOST for?

[size=18pt]HURRAY!![/size]

DISTRIBUTION OF CALL-UP LETTERS FOR FOREIGN TRAINED

PROSPECTIVE CORPS MEMBERS

You are aware that foreign trained prospective corps members report at the Directorate Headquarters Abuja for both the registration and subsequent collection of the Call-up letters.

2. In line with this Administration’s policy of improving on services delivery to its clients, Management has decided that henceforth, foreign trained prospective corps members are to collect their Call-up letters at the NYSC Secretariat in the State of their domicile.

3. In view of the above, Corps Mobilization Department is now to package the Call-up letters for the foreign trained prospective corps members and deliver to the State Co-ordinators during the process of delivering those of the Nigerian trained prospective Corps members to the Corps Producing Institutions.

4. State Co-ordinators are to ensure that foreign trained prospective Corps members personally collect their Call-up letters on presentation of their International traveling Passport, and other relevant documents and not by proxies. Furthermore, all unclaimed Call-up letters and the comprehensive acknowledgement of receipt showing the signature of the prospective Corps members must be returned to the Director (Corps Mobilization) through Resident Officers at the end of the Orientation.

5. State Co-ordinators are to ensure strict compliance in view of the importance attached to the Call-up letters and the new policy please.

Signed

MI TSIGA
Brig. General
Director-General
Re: Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? by Maijimina84: 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
Iwillbemuchglad ifyoucouldTellmewhatDocuments 'they askforAsforeigntrainedgraduateThank.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. / Should NYSC Be Scrapped? What's Your Take On NYSC? / Life In Jigawa State As A Corp Member & Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.