Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible (41601 Views)

Osimhen & Boniface Beat Ronaldo As World Best Strikers By SPORTbible / China Bans Footballers From Getting Tattoos / Ranking Of Golden Boot Winners: Messi The 1st To Claim This Award For 6 Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2019
Abagworo:
Messi has no national team success hence he belongs to dustbin in general football ranking. His greatest belongs only to Barcelona and stops at that. Maradona is greater but Pele is by far the greatest.
That means George Weah belong to Pit Latrine!!!

See disrespect oo shocked shocked
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 10:41am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
Messi won the World cup golden ball!!!

This is about individual greatness!!

Cruyff was voted as the best European of 20th century.. .

Ahead of Gerd Muller, Beckenbauer, who won the the World cup!!!

Mind you "Cruyff won nothing for the Netherlands, nothing"
But, he was the best player of 1974 World cup!!

Have you read the Sport bible today...

Okay, let's check the last Monday together..
Who won the best
Last Monday, you don come again
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 15, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

you do realise defenders those days had all the advantages over a striker? they'd power through strikers with elbow, punches, barge, tackle from behind, shirt pulling, leg breaking and career ending tackles. you think that era is easier for strikers? you think Messi can dribble now like he does if a simple tackle from behind is allowed?
They were all low budget Vinie Jones...
The best among them cannot tie Pepe's shoe!!!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Numerouno94(m): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Puskas that Messi has never won?? So nomination is what defines greatness.. Lol

Ogbeni what has Messi acheived for him to be termed the greatest player ever over Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Delima or even CR7
6 world best. ronaldo 5.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

So he won the best player for this year's COPA??
World cup golden ball grin
Copa America 2015 Golden ball
Copa America 2016 silver boot!!!

The only player in history to win World Youth Golden ball, Copa America Golden ball, FIFA World club cup golden ball and World Cup golden ball!!!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Damsexy18(f): 10:48am On Oct 15, 2019
DanXplore:

This photo is the meaning of GOAT.
I mean the wordings jor
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by mystical109(m): 10:48am On Oct 15, 2019
m140:

If you conquer club football conquer national football, then win the most prestigious tournament Wc , then you qualified to be called a goat, if not make the player go sit down. Mess did not even conquer his continent not to talk world
then to you, Pedro Rodriguez is the GOAT
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Beverlyjean(f): 10:48am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
Let's check the last Monday together..

Who won the World best player award??

Is it by that one?? Fake award... Undeserving... Someone that has only la Liga to show for it , against those that won the same domestic titles or CL or Copa or nations league... Crap award... When they gave modric last year, that's when I knew the award is crap... Real fans know who the greatest is... Local la Liga Champion
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Tell us any defender of this generation better than

Beckenbauer
Baresi
Pasarella

VVD grin grin Not dribbled shocked
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 10:51am On Oct 15, 2019
mystical109:
Qualified,
And how do you conclude your goat
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 15, 2019
trappatoni:
don't waste your time replying that dude, they have no clue. Let their Goat win Copa America first. If Maradona had all the players Messi have at his disposal, Argentina would have won the world cup 3 times. Pele the player of the century is overrated, these guys are high on something.
Maradona had Claudio Cannigia who is better than all the strikers that Messi has played with in Argentina... Yet he did not win the 1990 World cup..
Who knows, if Valdano, Buruchaga and Brown did not score in 1986 final may be Maradona would not win the 1986 World cup too!!

Mario Kempes scored a brace in 1978 World cup final and he is never overhyped like VARadona!!!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by GEEBITE: 10:55am On Oct 15, 2019
Too much self conceitedness .If you are advising me to get a dictionary because of a word as simple as consecutive,it is really laughable.If you dont consider that as an insult even for second language speaker of English we both are(btw the noun is advice not 'advise) then the word needs to be redefined.
Dudes from my generation don't sound this way .They respond to facts with superior one and not with this air of haughtiness.Only if you finished your university education in 1998 will I consider us to be of the same generation.

Another thing you should know,it is a very small WORLD.
Debaiz:

Where’s the insult in that? Cos I told you to read slowly?

My initial statement wasn’t an insult but this one down here is me lambasting you for failing to read to comprehend and you still don’t know the difference between insult and advise. If I say something about your English you’d still call it insult and rant about a certain generation of which I’m sure we’re either of same generation or yours is younger than mine.

Bottom line, you’ve failed your English education as either my generation, older generation or even the lower generation that you likely belong to.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 15, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Is it by that one?? Fake award... Undeserving... Someone that has only la Liga to show for it , against those that won the same domestic titles or CL or Copa or nations league... Crap award... When they gave modric last year, that's when I knew the award is crap... Real fans know who the greatest is... Local la Liga Champion
Yes, I am the best.. Check the last Monday?? Who won the best?? grin
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 10:56am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
World cup golden ball grin
Copa America 2015 Golden ball
Copa America 2016 silver boot!!!

The only player in history to win World Youth Golden ball, Copa America Golden ball, FIFA World club cup golden ball and World Cup golden ball!!!

Lol... When Pele even lost the COPA America, he was still awarded the best player of the tourney... Pele has also won both the youth and WC best player convincingly... Not like one that blatter dey dash award

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Mateen1000: 10:57am On Oct 15, 2019
MrFly:
boy there are no complexities in football rules nowadays, football has been redefined to favour goals yet ds guys have failed in d art of goalscoring. Pele didnt have a long career compared to this yet he made goalscoring his own
With what you just wrote, You clearly do not watch football at all and you know nothing about the sport sef, Pele career lasted for 20yrs, So how is his career not long enough, he won World Cup 1958 and he retired around 1980, Pls stop saying trash here
Football has been redefined to favour goals? Are you kidding?
With Strict offside rules, And also with VAR that can even cancel a goal.
Remove offside goals from pele’s goals and let me know the remaining, Just keep shut and learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 10:58am On Oct 15, 2019
mystical109:

What individual award does Pedro have coupled with his winnings??
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 15, 2019
m140:

If you conquer club football conquer national football, then win the most prestigious tournament Wc , then you qualified to be called a goat, if not make the player go sit down. Mess did not even conquer his continent not to talk world
Cryuff is laughing in heaven right now!!! grin grin cheesy
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2019
Chingykay77:

God bless you oh my brother ...that of pele alone is enough
The Europeans referred him as the king of Football
you think it's easy playing three World Cups and won the three for his Country name any other player who has done this
Pele won 1958,1962 and 1970 bro you think say na joke before you come and say there was no offiside then i'm pleased to inform you that offside in football started in1863 and he still scored over 1000 goals and that FP says he's overrated
Guy check am
Pele that was injured like Dembele in 1962 World cup shocked
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:00am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
Cryuff is laughing in heaven right now!!! grin grin cheesy

Oga even cristiano has surpassed cryuff in both European and world football

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by hopefulLandlord: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
They were all low budget Vinie Jones...
The best among them cannot tie Pepe's shoe!!!

Pepe at his brutal worst can't hold a candle to the butcher of bilbao at his mildness. mind you, butcher of bilbao came when football rules have started to favour attackers bit by bit so I leave what was happening before then to your imaginations

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by LZAA: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
What has Maradona won that Griezmann has not won??
Howedes has won the world cup as well
By ur logic he's greater than maldini
grin

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by mystical109(m): 11:01am On Oct 15, 2019
jagaban002:
With time Messi will be known as Barcelona best alone not even the best of all time in is country , Messi fans are so blind they can’t even see is not the best of all time in is country and comparing him with players that have shown there best at country and many clubs. Please don’t let us be sentimental not even a single trophy for agentina . Has Messi even won a ucl since Neymar left . He can’t single handedly win That and Ronaldo has done that severally to me is the greatest of us generation but greatest of all time in football will still be Pele because in my own view both Ronaldo and Messi are not better than does Delima Ronaldo, zidane and Maradona just that there’s not much competition like then and with bad polities in football .
lol agbaya u really have sense. In fact you should be inducted into the hall of fame for the most senseless comment ever.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:01am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
Pele that was injured like Dembele in 1962 World cup shocked

How dare you compare a 3 time World Cup winner to a zero time champion??

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2019
dayowunmi:

Messi probably won't win the Fifa World Cup or Copa America. How's he better than Diego Amando Maradona his compatriot?
Maradona that was carried by Valdano, Buruchaga and Brown in the 86 World cup final??

Mario Kempes scored a brace in 1978 world cup final and he is not as overhyped as VARadona!!!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by LZAA: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

Pepe at his brutal worst can't hold a candle to the butcher of bilbao at his mildness. mind you, butcher of bilbao came when football rules have started to favour attackers bit by bit so I leave what was happening before then to your imaginations
Wo me i have given up trying to explain to these millennials
All u hear is messi and CR7
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2019
mystical109:
lol agbaya u really have sense. In fact you should be inducted into the hall of fame for the most senseless comment ever.

He is right.... Those players are greater than Messi and Ronaldo in world football

"Greater"

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by SirKomA(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2019
dayowunmi:

Lol just Lol. You guys are really hilarious. Messi plays better than any footballer dead or alive. When did you sat down to analyse every footballer dead or alive to arrive at your conclusion? He dribbles better than Brazilian Ronaldo or late George Best? Scores better than Cristiano, late Ferenc Puskas or Pele? As you rightly said We all watch football, the difference is some of us are more objective with our opinions. Messi is a Demi god? Well maybe he is, although a demigod struggling to win copa America and the world cup. Funny enough the Maradona you claimed is less than Messi won the world Cup with Argentina, won titles with Barcelona, won under 20 World Cup for Argentina, won seria A with Napoli and even the Italian Cup, Italian supercup and the UEFA supercup with Napoli. He won a championship for Boca juniors too. You guys are just a poor student of history. Messi is not even the greatest Argentinian footballer in history and certainly he's no better than Cristiano Ronaldo. You can't hide the truthful truth you said. Well your truthful truth is relative to you and not universal.

Let me say it again, when it comes to Soccer, no one plays better than Messi. Leave aside achievements, cos I don't want to go into that. I repeat, there hasn't existed a footballer that plays finer and better than Messi. Just stop the argument and get the point. Besides, you don't even like cr7 more than I do.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by hopefulLandlord: 11:03am On Oct 15, 2019
Mateen1000:

With what you just wrote, You clearly do not watch football at all and you know nothing about the sport sef, Pele career lasted for 20yrs, So how is his career not long enough, he won World Cup 1958 and he retired around 1980, Pls stop saying trash here
Football has been redefined to favour goals? Are you kidding?
With Strict offside rules, And also with VAR that can even cancel a goal.
Remove offside goals from pele’s goals and let me know the remaining, Just keep shut and learn

Offside? what about tackles from behind? elbows? punches, leg breaking tackles? heavy balls that require great strength to hit? oversized jerseys that make pulling attackers back easy? terrible boots with studs allowed for defenders? pitches that are waterlogged and drag the ball when hit?

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2019
LZAA:

Lol... That guy is ready to tell you Ramos or Puyol are the best defenders ever

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by LZAA: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
Maradona that was carried by Valdano, Buruchaga and Brown in the 86 World cup final??

Mario Kempes scored a brace in 1978 world cup final and he is not as overhyped as VARadona!!!
Maradona had three assists in that final yet he was carried
Walahi i give up
Btw ppl keep going on about his world class second goal against england yet he scored a better one in his brace against Belgium in the semifinals

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by LZAA: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... That guy is ready to tell you Ramos or Puyol are the best defenders ever
grin grin
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by hopefulLandlord: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2019
LZAA:

Imagine the rubbish of comparing Pepe's brutality to that of defenders in those days? Pepe would be like one of the softest defenders if he played in that era

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Photo Of Oyinbo Man Rocking Super Eagles Jersey Celebrating Nigeria Victory / Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place / Euro 2020: Five Players Of Nigerian Descent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.