Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible (41600 Views)

Osimhen & Boniface Beat Ronaldo As World Best Strikers By SPORTbible / China Bans Footballers From Getting Tattoos / Ranking Of Golden Boot Winners: Messi The 1st To Claim This Award For 6 Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

How dare you compare a 3 time World Cup winner to a zero time champion??

Pele was a
Low budget Mbappe in 58 World cup(Didi won the World cup best player award)
Low budget Dembele in 62 World cuo(Garrincha won the World cup best player award)
Low budget Klose in 70 World cup (Jarzinho also deserved the World best player award together with Pele)

Pele had superior teammates in a Non-competitve era!!!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:06am On Oct 15, 2019
SirKomA:

Let me say it again, when it comes to Soccer, no one plays better than Messi. Leave aside achievements, cos I don't want to go into that. I repeat, there hasn't existed a footballer that plays finer and better than Messi. Just stop the argument and get the point. Besides, you don't even like cr7 more than I do.

Fine.... Let's talk football alone

What does Messi do better than these players on the pitch of play??

Ronaldinho
Romario
Zidane
Maradona
Pele

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:

Pele was a
Low budget Mbappe in 58 World cup(Didi won the World cup best player award)
Low budget Dembele in 62 World cuo(Garrincha won the World cup best player award)
Low budget Klose in 70 World cup (Jarzinho also deserved the World best player award together with Pele)

Pele had superior teammates in a Non-competitve era!!!

Pele that finished a WC with 10 assists or the Pele that made 3 assists in a WC final??
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by mystical109(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Is it by that one?? Fake award... Undeserving... Someone that has only la Liga to show for it , against those that won the same domestic titles or CL or Copa or nations league... Crap award... When they gave modric last year, that's when I knew the award is crap... Real fans know who the greatest is... Local la Liga Champion
there is no rue that says a player must win the champions league to be the best. I think d European best player award is given to d best player in the champions league. Last I checked, it's an individual award in recognition for a players brilliance.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Fladm(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

How dare you compare a 3 time World Cup winner to a zero time champion??

So dembele didn't win world cup?
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2019
LZAA:

Maradona had three assists in that final yet he was carried
Walahi i give up
Btw ppl keep going on about his world class second goal against england yet he scored a better one in his brace against Belgium in the semifinals
Just 1 assist.. The Buruchaga own..

Assists happen when you don't have Higuain who miss..

Someone score the goals for him...

Mario Kempes scored a brace for Argentina in 1978 World cup final and he never get overhyped like Maradona who was largely a VARadona.. !!!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by LZAA: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

Imagine the rubbish of comparing Pepe's brutality to that of defenders in those days? Pepe would be like one of the softest defenders if he played in that era
Na dia way
Just mention cr7 or messi to get their attention
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 15, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

Pepe at his brutal worst can't hold a candle to the butcher of bilbao at his mildness. mind you, butcher of bilbao came when football rules have started to favour attackers bit by bit so I leave what was happening before then to your imaginations
Hope you know that Vidic>>Vinie Jones??

Being senseless on tackle shows how technically deficient you are..

Those defenders will never be as good!!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Beverlyjean(f): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2019
mystical109:
there is no rue that says a player must win the champions league to be the best. I think d European best player award is given to d best player in the champions league. Last I checked, it's an individual award in recognition for a players brilliance.

Nonsense talk... Was modric better than CR7 the season b4 ... But because he got to the final of the WC that yr , he was awarded best player.... But now they changed rules to favour Messi as usual
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Carlyboi(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

These guys don't know Ronaldo won FIFA world player of the year in 1996 at the age of 18, That was the year he lost Olympics to Nigeria. Then won FIFA world player of the year the next year too at the age of 19. he would've won that of 1998 if not for his food getting poisoned before the final match against France. then injuries started piling up but even through these injuries and thyroid problems which made him gain weight he still came for 2002 world cup and won another WPOTY. these kids can't know this and think football started existing in 2009
. Aswear them no sabi say Ronaldo na the king of all strikers it’s only Marco van basten that comes close cod that guy to was so much exceptional Ronaldo nazario De Lima first of his name king of all strikers Ronaldo can do everything he is neither a tap in merchant all someone whose main strength is playing shots I still remember the step over he used to dribble the Ghanaian go at the 2006 World Cup which was his last I tried it I couldn’t I have never seen anyone else do such impressive skills in a longtime I don’t know who invented the step overs but Ronaldo is who made step overs popular you don’t just call him Ronaldo you stress the Naldo part lol like Ro-Naldo! Il fenomeno the world of soccer has not seen another like him since he quit I’m not sure we would see another self he is special exceptional phenomenal amazing and unbelievable
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2019
Fladm:

So dembele didn't win world cup?

Is dembele in contention for GOAT status??
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by LZAA: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
Just 1 assist.. The Buruchaga own..

Assists happen when you don't have Higuain who miss..

Someone score the goals for him...

Mario Kempes scored a brace for Argentina in 1978 World cup final and he never get overhyped like Maradona who was largely a VARadona.. !!!
So its higuain fault now abi grin
Maradona overhyped? grin

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Oga even cristiano has surpassed cryuff in both European and world football
Cruyff is still laughing... When Cristiano win the World cup golden ball, then we can talk tongue
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by mystical109(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2019
m140:

Qualified,
And how do you conclude your goat
Everything should be included. I believe Messi is in top 10 of 1:most trophies won, 2:Most goals scored, 3:Best player, 4:most assists, 5:most awards, 6:Most consistent, 7:best dribblers. No player dead or alive can tick all the boxes. You can mention
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:

Can you tell us any defender of fhis present era better than these names

Franco Baresi
Bobby Moore
Pasarella
Beckenbauer
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by LZAA: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:

Well jones was a midfielder so your argument lacks substance
He mentioned the butcher of Bilbao
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... When Pele even lost the COPA America, he was still awarded the best player of the tourney... Pele has also won both the youth and WC best player convincingly... Not like one that blatter dey dash award
Pele that was playing in a Non-competitve era grin

I use his highlight for comic relief... Those defenders are very funny..
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
Cruyff is still laughing... When Cristiano win the World cup golden ball, then we can talk tongue

Lol... So it's by World Cup golden ball now?? grin

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by LZAA: 11:16am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Franco Baresi
Bobby Moore
Pasarella
Beckenbauer
Cr7 and messi grin

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 15, 2019
LZAA:

Well jones was a midfielder so your argument lacks substance
He mentioned the butcher of Bilbao
Butchers of Bilbao that will not make any best XI of all time...
Overrated!!!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by LZAA: 11:18am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
Butchers of Bilbao that will not make any best XI of all time...
Overrated!!!
grin grin
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... So it's by World Cup golden ball now?? grin
That is the same reason why Modric won the Ballon d'or, FIFA best player award, UEFA best player award, IFHSS best player award and Goal 50 award ahead of Cristiano in 2018!!!

Even Cristiano understands the power of World cup golden ball that year!!!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2019
mystical109:
Everything should be included. I believe Messi is in top 10 of 1:most trophies won, 2:Most goals scored, 3:Best player, 4:most assists, 5:most awards, 6:Most consistent, 7:best dribblers. No player dead or alive can tick all the boxes. You can mention

Lol... You believe Messi is in top 10... This should have been your argument... Not calling him the number 1...

Now I will give you players that can tick all the boxes

Pele
Cristiano
Alfredo Di stephano
Ronaldo delima
Maradona

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
That is the same reason why Modric won the Ballon d'or, FIFA best player award, UEFA best player award, IFHSS best player award and Goal 50 award ahead of Cristiano in 2018!!!

Even Cristiano understands the power of World cup golden ball that year!!!

So why didn't Forlan or Messi win FIFA best in the years they won WC golden ball??

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Carlyboi(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2019
m140:

Ask zlatan if messi is better than he is , am sure he will say no , tell him R9 is better he will tell you he is his idol, that guy R9 bad ghan, i swear social media hyped players these days
Don’t mind them me self no be say I be methuselah o na my football knowledge just deep small but how would you call yourself a real soccer fan and you’re at least 25 and you have not seen or heard bout the greatness of the Real Ronaldo nazario de Lima ll Fenomeno then you shouldn’t put your mouth where greatness his being discussed at the peak of Thierry Henry’s career he played some kinda football that C.Ronaldo wouldn’t match till he retires I’m talking play wise especially his crazy solo runs I believe if he was playing in one of Spain or Italy’s top clubs then he would have won the ballon Dor and FIFA best at least ones still Henry is not even close to The Real Ronaldo ability and talent wise putting someone like CR7 above the Ronaldo is quite disrespectful I’m sorry but not sorry!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Fladm(m): 11:21am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Is dembele in contention for GOAT status??

You said zero time champion..
So i just want to clarify that
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 11:21am On Oct 15, 2019
mystical109:
In what tournament does he , European football ball, what record did he break in copa America, or wc, this are very important tournament. And those he got those stats from is from yearly tournament, it easily to rank up stats. GOAT na beens , he hasn't broken records in wc and nationals team, he hasn't broken records in different leagues, and you call him goat .... Mr go sit down,,,, he only broke laliga record, all this ballon d'or na wash, 2010 is there na wash, na that stat , after barca ,spain give me him stat,

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Sirwallace(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

This shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Brazilian football in those days was arguably the best league in the world as players rarely move out of their countries for football and Brazilian league contained the best talents at the time

And yet the Brazilian president had to beg him to keep playing in santos when offer came from europe.

I here you.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by GEEBITE: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2019
Gentile low budget Pepe smh. Please do not mention Pepe when we are talking of world class defenders even the brute class that Gentile belongs.He sent the two best players of 82 world cup (Zico and Maradona) out of the tournament with the most brutal markings ever witnessed.Was Pepe ever named in the tournament team in any FIFA rated competition he has played.Please stop viewing football from the prism of youtube views.

Please get your hands on Pele's book all his goals were documented there.This is a player that was held in awe by all famous presidents even nations like US where football was not popular when he played.
eni4real:

Arthur Friedrich 1300+ goals
Josef Bican 2500+ goals..

Sham goals!!

Pele's official goal is 767

643 for Santos!!!

Claudio Gentile was low budget Pepe tho!! !

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Franco Baresi
Bobby Moore
Pasarella
Beckenbauer

You are picking the best of the bunch..

Pele played against this particular ones once in 100 games considering the fact that he played in his native land throughout his active careers!!

Baresi was a 80's defender tho
Bobby Moore : Hope you are not referring to 66 World cup tho!! Brazil crashed out of the group stage!!
Pasarella was a 70's and 80's defender too. I don't know how relate to Pele
Beckenbauer was a great defender of the 70's but he offered more than defending.. He was a total player and that is why he won the Ballon d'or!!

I repeat, Pele played with average defenders in the 50's and 60's... Before Nigeria even gain independence.. Abeg.. Drop the hype!!

Everything evolved! ! All Sports and football will not he an exception...

If Athletucs were to be like football, I am sure many sprinters of the 60's will claim to be better than Usain Bolt grin
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2019
Carlyboi:
Don’t mind them me self no be say I be methuselah o na my football knowledge just deep small but how would you call yourself a real soccer fan and you’re at least 25 and you have not seen or heard bout the greatness of the Real Ronaldo nazario de Lima ll Fenomeno then you shouldn’t put your mouth where greatness his being discussed at the peak of Thierry Henry’s career he played some kinda football that C.Ronaldo wouldn’t match till he retires I’m talking play wise especially his crazy solo runs I believe if he was playing in one of Spain or Italy’s top clubs then he would have won the ballon Dor and FIFA best at least ones still Henry is not even close to The Real Ronaldo ability and talent wise putting someone like CR7 above the Ronaldo is quite disrespectful I’m sorry but not sorry!
Game play that guy no be their mate. Advancement in medicine, rules makes player last longer these days.No player can be Goat, how you wan do am, break records in major leagues, break records in worldcup, nations cup, even messi no playwell pass barca, cr7 even qualified pass am for goat level

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Pele that finished a WC with 10 assists or the Pele that made 3 assists in a WC final??
When you have the best teammates in the history of World cup, you can record 5 assists..

When you have a teammate(Jarzinho) that score in all games of the World cup, you can achieve anything...

Put Pele together with Dante and Jo, let see what he will achieve with them grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Sunday Oliseh, Invites 23 Players For Tanzania Match / Photo Of Oyinbo Man Rocking Super Eagles Jersey Celebrating Nigeria Victory / Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.