Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr (23563 Views)

Is Paul Onuachu Using "Juju" On Genort Rohr ? / Genort Rohr Turns To Sebastian Osigwe, Swiss-born Goalkeeper / 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by royalamour(m): 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2019
VillageHead:
He has over stayed his welcome.

The gods have written him off. He should be relieved off his job.

Amoju Pinnick and co take upper hand in decision makings.

Only an indigenous coach will take Nigerian football to a higher height. Believe it or not.

Indigenous coach that will seek for bribes?
Someone who is not concerned about talents but money?

From history, how good were these your so called local coaches?

Learn how to learn.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by LZAA: 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2019
Itsagoal:
We do not embrace a good thing when we see one, the coach is the perfect fit for us. let it go! He scouted the boys, changed the team, still in the process of building and discovery. The current team can NOT boast of a superstar, but a collection of hungry young and unknown talents that most of us never heard of. Let it be Naija!
If u believe rohr scouted any of those boys u must be joking
He just logged on to the net and checked players with Nigerian heritage and gave them call ups
That was the norm until keshi came and stopped that nonsense although he later gave caps to some questionable players
Rohr has no business coaching nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Sholaco: 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
The problem is not Nigerian because I don't know him in person, I think he is dislike by his employers because he chose to always eat alone, not ready to share.....and that's a white man attributes
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by OLAJADON: 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
fergie001:
I don't like his tactics and substitutions.

Tactics and Substitutions at that level is what differentiate these managers.
His own upsets me.

Tactically, I don't see his difference from the past. The only difference is we defend deeper and give too much of respect to teams.

Whenever I see Onuachu, I just give up.
onuachu shouldn't be playing ball at all

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by TheExecutioner: 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2019
Simplyleo? How many monikers do you have?!? grin
liohan:
Nigerians are a bunch of dishonest and ungrateful people.

We find this in politics, sports and other things.

Look around you'll see what I'm saying. There are fans of Aston Villa, Norwich and Arsenal in other countries that don't complain. But Nigerian Man Utd fans have been complaining more than the team.

Back to the sports, some years back we would have celebrated a draw with Brasil but here we are behaving as if Gernot Rohr met a team that won the World Cup. Rohr qualified us for the World Cup and Nations Cup without Nigerians using calculators.

That's how they keep shouting 16 years of PDP as if Nigeria was sending people to the moon in 1999.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by etimesin(m): 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2019
kenzysmith:
Good day fellow nigerians i have come to realize that genort rohr have come to sentimental critizing from most nigerians since he got the job. For me genort rohr has done well he is building a strong squad for the future we don't have players from real madrid' psg,liverpool or bacerlona. So we don't expect to be winning every matches where as this is friendly and is not a must win sitiuation is an avenue for testing new players . Buh for us to draw with brazil is a big plus for us. For the ist time players are been picked base on form not name which is a welcome development for us. Constructive critism is welcome not setimental critism due to ur clamour for a local coach. With Genort rohr i see nigerian football moving to the next level.

Why is it that you people do not like good thing? Why is it that we are extremely difficult to satisfied? We are the most set of complex people to please.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by alasane: 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2019
He is tactically weak.. when to sub,how to used the the sub and method of attack.......he do not have a define method to win game

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by anjilgreat(f): 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
ehix89:
He did, he was replaced by Ramon Azeez. Iwobi's position in the team is threatened with the emergence of Joe Aribo, i see a compact midfield of Etebo, Ndidi and Aribo taking the No. 10 spot especially with tough opponent.

Yes, he did but I personally felt that it was quite late. That game was a friendly match and an opportunity to try out different players.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by kenzysmith: 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
boninho:

Ambition is everything. If NFF wants to fully take advantage of this talented set of players and set Africa and the world alight, then he should be thanked and relieved of his duties. But if they are comfortable with decent results, great ones once in a while playing uninspiring football, then he can stay
ok we should appoint who?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by samirus: 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
VillageHead:

Only an indigenous coach will take Nigerian football to a higher height. Believe it or not.
Indigenous coach will be bias will their decision, that when they will start getting paid for selection from their political godfathers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by fergie001: 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
OLAJADON:

onuachu shouldn't be playing ball at all
As in.ehn....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Silas6(m): 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
philip0906:
Has nothing to do with Rohr...Just the typical irrational and emotional Nigerian.

In here, head to the politics board, you will see them brazenly displaying flaccid emotions & irrationality.

In your neighbourhood, you'll see same...e.g One rich man drives past with a G-Wagon & for absolutely no reason, they display their hate & stupidity.

On social media, DJ Cuppy & Davido are hated by many senseless Nigerian youths...For absolutely no reason...Just the typical senselessness in display

Rohr hasn't done badly given the resources he has and the support...but some senile commentators who soak garri in their mother's house, will spill bile & you'll think they knew anything about coaching.

Does that mean we shouldn't criticise? No! But once criticisms are not constructive & rational, which is largely the case with many Nigerians, that's where the problem is

You're right
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by VillageHead: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
lookingfly:
list 5 indigenous coaches that can do he's job?

Just wait and see!

The coach could come from any where, whom the gods have chosen, they have chosen.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by kenzysmith: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
etimesin:

Why is it that you people do not like good thing? Why is it that we are extremely difficult to satisfied? We are the most set of complex people to please.
nigerian fans and real madrid fans no diffrence
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by yazga: 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
Games played 99
Won 40
Drawn 26
Lost 33
Win rate 40.40%

jedisco:
Good question @op.

I wonder why we people are unnecessary critical of him when he is performing well given his group of players.
Ask those against him who they think should replace him and they go quiet
Let's not have another José Mourinho and ManU situation where we start looking back to reappoint him after being sacked. We know the crop of players we have and our expectations should be tenable.
46 26 11 9 56.52
Total 99 40 26 33 40.40
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by kenzysmith: 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2019
VillageHead:

Just wait and see!

The coach could come from any where, whom the gods have chosen, they have chosen.
u re very funny we should sack rohr and just appoint anybody because he is local?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by smartoliver(m): 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
If you still keep that mindset, then I tell you to stop living in the 90s. The present Nigerian team deserves no indigenous coach as none is yet qualified enough to make them better. Rohr is doing something special. You can tell from the crop of players we've seen over the past few years. Although the dude is low tactically, I agree but I think he's the best thing to happen to the super eagles in a while. Come on guys!, when last did we boast of a youthful team as this? A coach that can drop big players when they underperform. Let's appreciate him.. He's not doing too well but he's not close to doing bad either
VillageHead:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by TechCapon(m): 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
VillageHead:

indigenous coach like siasia who collected bribe and is banned for life. Nigerian coaches are messed up
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by royal231(m): 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
Haters dey talk like say the players dey follow stick play ball

First of all rate your individual players

Then rate the other teams individual players

Then na men men dey play..

Ook

Then rate the results wey come

Tell me if the man no try

Funny sets of people eating too much Maggi thus being too emotional and irrational

Na so dem put Buhari for seat

Always blowing top

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by liohan: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
TheExecutioner:

Simplyleo? How many monikers do you have?!? grin

I didn't want to insult you but you're an idiot that I can't afford not to.

https://web.facebook.com/honest.liohan

That's my Facebook username. If you're not stupid, you'll check the link.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Sirmuel1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
VillageHead:

Which yeye height?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Badonasty(m): 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
kenzysmith:
Good day fellow nigerians i have come to realize that genort rohr have come to sentimental critizing from most nigerians since he got the job. For me genort rohr has done well he is building a strong squad for the future we don't have players from real madrid' psg,liverpool or bacerlona. So we don't expect to be winning every matches where as this is friendly and is not a must win sitiuation is an avenue for testing new players . Buh for us to draw with brazil is a big plus for us. For the ist time players are been picked base on form not name which is a welcome development for us. Constructive critism is welcome not setimental critism due to ur clamour for a local coach. With Genort rohr i see nigerian football moving to the next level.

Don't generalise...I actually like the gaffer...we just need to be patient with him and the FA shouldn't interfere

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by TheExecutioner: 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
Simplyleo how far nah? Why you come dey vex on top small joke like this? grin

liohan:

I didn't want to insult you but you're an idiot that I can't afford not to.

https://web.facebook.com/honest.liohan

That's my Facebook username. If you're not stupid, you'll check the link.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by smartoliver(m): 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
There's none... I repeat there's no indigenous coach tactically skilled enough to take up the job of coaching the super eagles. Rohr has been doing great with the players he keeps bringing in. Although his style of play isn't always working out, I feel we should be considerate in judging him. Virtually all the goals we've conceded which got us losses and draws were annoying individual errors. Although the coach is in pole position to tackle his players for making silly mistakes. (this is the part I still don't understand with Rohr). Because I've noticed the team gives the ball away so unnecessarily. The man is more of a technical adviser but still, he's been great with the crop of players at his disposal. I just wish he'll stop inviting Moses Simon(This guy is annoying to watch) and find a new playmaker so Iwobi can take up his normal position, that dude is struggling with the role he's playing. The man deserves one or two more major tournaments. Because if he leaves, God knows what will happen to most of the players in his present squad.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
[quote author=liohan post=83157276]Nigerians are a bunch of dishonest and ungrateful people.

We find this in politics, sports and other things.

Look around you'll see what I'm saying. There are fans of Aston Villa, Norwich and Arsenal in other countries that don't complain. But Nigerian Man Utd fans have been complaining more than the team

Back to the sports, some years back we would have celebrated a draw with Brasil but here we are behaving as if Gernot Rohr met a team that won the World Cup. Rohr qualified us for the World Cup and Nations Cup without Nigerians using calculators.

That's how they keep shouting 16 years of PDP as if Nigeria was sending people to the moon in 1999.

Is your Mom a Nigerian?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
LastSurvivor11:
i really don’t understand where your question came from but let me confirm from Nigerians here..

Like for Rohr..
Share for dislike..
Pls we dont hate him be inform
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by izibili44: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
The coach is a very good one.If you are into sport or sport management you will understand what am saying.He is looking for young players every where in the world.The only area he needs to serious work on is the goalkeeper department. We should encourage him more and also bring one of our best Nigerian coach to learn from him.Up super eagles.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by benji93: 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
Which boys did he scout? No single player he's called was unknown, especially by ardent Nigerian fans. A number of Nigerian football fans are following the performances of Nigerian players overseas closely. So he didn't discover anyone. Get your facts right. Must a team have superstars to compete? I think not. He is so fortunate that numerous Nigerian players are doing very well at the moment, some are even bordering on superstardom. He has not been able to maximimize the potentials of those guys. he has been found wanting in critical moments of our matches, especially the last 2. You don't sound well enlightened.
Itsagoal:
We do not embrace a good thing when we see one, the coach is the perfect fit for us. let it go! He scouted the boys, changed the team, still in the process of building and discovery. The current team can NOT boast of a superstar, but a collection of hungry young and unknown talents that most of us never heard of. Let it be Naija!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by femi4: 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
boninho:

He's tactically deficient, too conservative, very predictable with his playing system.... He's blessed with a very good talented squad but he's not progressive and innovative....hence, we can never see the very best of those players
That's just it
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by quickly: 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nigerians r racist and tribalistic.

Rohr has won 70% of his matches,

The players respect him and the team is getting better before Rohr they didn’t qualify for nations cup.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by lookingfly: 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
VillageHead:

Just wait and see!

Bros,this your talk no strong....we still like our gernot. Make him enjoy the fruits of him labour jare!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by dazzlingd(m): 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
Do Nigerians dislike Ghenot rohr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maradona, Messi, Kanu Nwankwo To Play Anti-terrorism Match In Nigeria / Victor Osimhen Scores As Napoli Beat Legia Warsaw In Europa Conference League / Riyad Mahrez: "Super Eagles Were Very Good, This Match Was The Hardest"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.