Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

29 Passengers Escape Death As Bus Plunges Into Lagos Canal (PHOTOS) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 29 Passengers Escape Death As Bus Plunges Into Lagos Canal (PHOTOS) (559 Views)

Man Escaping Arrest Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon, Drowns / Man Plunges Into Lagos River Over Allegations Of Theft / Boyfriend Of Married Woman Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, Lands In Hospital.Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

29 Passengers Escape Death As Bus Plunges Into Lagos Canal (PHOTOS) by Maniagist1: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
29 passengers on Monday escaped death by whiskers after a commercial bus conveying them plunged into a canal in front of the National Theatre complex, Iganmu, Lagos,

They were all rescued unhurt, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

NAN learnt that the vehicle, with registration number MISA 68 XH, suddenly developed technical problem and plunged into the canal opposite National Theatre entrance.

The driver of the bus, Mr Augustine Okorie, who spoke to NAN, described the survival of the passengers as a “miracle’

I was bringing in 29 passengers from Shinbiri area in Okokomaiko along the Badagry Expressway and on getting to the front of the National Art Theatre, I lost control and the vehicle plunged into the canal.

As I was about to change the gear and could not do that immediately, the vehicle started to swerve uncontrollably and before you know what was happening, we found ourselves inside the canal.

In spite of the situation, I was so worried about my conductor who was hanging by the door, but we thank God none of us sustained injury,” Okorie said.

An official of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), who refused to be identified, told NAN at the scene of the accident that they quickly alerted other emergency and traffic management agencies who assisted in the quick rescue of occupant of the vehicle.

NAN, however, reports that the vehicle was brought out of the canal 30 minutes later by officials of Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA)

More photo here;https://maniagist.com/2019/10/14/29-passengers-escape-death-as-bus-plunges-into-lagos-canal-photos/

Re: 29 Passengers Escape Death As Bus Plunges Into Lagos Canal (PHOTOS) by Maniagist1: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
cry
Re: 29 Passengers Escape Death As Bus Plunges Into Lagos Canal (PHOTOS) by Mjsghost: 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
shocked
Re: 29 Passengers Escape Death As Bus Plunges Into Lagos Canal (PHOTOS) by myfan: 8:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
Thank God
Re: 29 Passengers Escape Death As Bus Plunges Into Lagos Canal (PHOTOS) by ValCon888: 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
Why won't it lose control? Buses that are not fit to transport garbage are used to convey human beings on a daily basis. How such vehicles pass inspection still beats my imagination.
Re: 29 Passengers Escape Death As Bus Plunges Into Lagos Canal (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Eko o ni baje

(1) (Reply)

A Member Of The Youth Corps Left Her Nysc Certificate In A Keke Napep. / Pics: Girl Raise Alarm On Twitter After Her Neighbor Raped Her In South Africa / Woman Sobs Through Apology For Killing Twin Sister In Drunken Fight. Judge Sente

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.