Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music (52815 Views)

Photos Of Lady Who Stabbed UNIJOS Student For Playing Loud Music / Man Shoots Neighbor Over Loud Music On Christmas Eve / Man Fatally Stabs Neighbor To Death During Fight Over Loud Music (watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Ombudsdabomb: 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2019
pocohantas:

Pheeew! May we all have the kind of patience you exercised with internationalman. shocked

RIP to this young lad.
I am telling you
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by kelvindj98: 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

If you believe that there is more guns in Nigeria than the US...simply because some few people are carrying guns in Benin or wherever, it rightfully makes NO DAMN SENSE bro

Here is a FACT for you:
There are 393MILLION legally owned firearms in the US... I repeat, 393million firearms legally owned in the USA....

Let us not even talk about the illegal firearm that are roaming freely in the hands of gangbangers etc, and come tell me AGAIN with a straight face that there are more firearms in Nigeria.
Why are you arguing with a lunatic? A normal person cannot say there are more guns in Nigeria than the US.

5 Likes

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

And will you decline if given visa to that country

So some deluded bastard can shoot me... to get over his frustration?! No sir, been there done that. I'd ather take my chances in the favelas of Rio, where I felt more safe than any city in the US (NY, SF, Miami, LA)

2 Likes

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by nonix22(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
racist attack.
if you are in Another man's country, just respect ya self!
RIP young soul
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by elijah05(m): 1:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
Curry30:

No my bro, I think you got it wrong there.

1. People with prior criminal history(s) are not permitted to own weapons.

2. People with mental health problems are also barred.

3. People with ties to terrorists are barred.

4. The 2nd amendment gives every citizen the right to bear arms (unless the above listed conditions are invoked).

So NOT every deluded/sick/mentally unstable/criminally inclined individual is allowed to own weapons!
[quote author=Curry30 post=

First off I’ll say all you quoted was all wrong, there are several times they don’t even do background check for some type of guns, and an average person living in the states is psychologically sick because of the stress that comes with their lives an average person owns a debt of 80-100k$ you obviously haven’t heard about the shootings or haven’t been to the shores of a normal club scene in the United state

2 Likes

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Dcaliphate(m): 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Sadly...there are firearms all over the world, but there are way more firearms on the streets of the US (where anyone over 21 can LEGALLY own a firearm), than in Nigeria. That's a damn FACT!
You even have time to argue with ignorant people. According to CNN 2months ago, there are 120 guns per 100 ppl in the US. That's a very dangerous place to look for trouble of any sort.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
Curry30:

I totally agree with you. Many of those you mentioned had no history whatsoever. It's a tough situation!

There can only be ONE solution here...banning ownership of firearm altogether... and maybe in 50yrs time, the US Gov will have succeeded in getting rid of the 393M firearms in circulation in the country.

Sadly, the firearm industry is a $30Billion a year industry who isn't ready to give up on its golden goose that easily...aka going after a very powerful lobby that has very deep pockets and very powerful allies.

But hey, who are we kidding, the foundation of that great nation is based off that "gun culture" (go ask any native indians)
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
internationalman:

What's the population of USA.

unless everyone including newly born kids own a gun your theory is flawed.

Forget US population, some individuals have more than 10 fire arms. Remember the case of one guy arrested months ago, he had more than 15 assorted weapons.
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by kelvindj98: 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
Abeg, any Nigerian in the US should be smart enough not to get into a fight with anyone cos you don't know who is parking heat.
Even if you're just sitting comfortably in your home a cop can burst in and fatally shoot you. I have read like 3 of such cases this month.
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by InvertedHammer: 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
/
This is how Americans react to provocations.

Xlatan's incident was kids having fun.

Mr. Planetx Giancana.

/
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Forget US population, some individuals have more than 10 fire arms. Remember the case of one guy arrested months ago, he had more than 15 assorted weapons.

That las Vegas shooter had 24 firearms, including 14 assault rifle. FOURTEEN!!!!
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by smartoliver(m): 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Guy, leave that guy. You're stressing yourself. People like that Bros can confuse your destiny even when you're on the right track, not because they intend to but because they are simply ignorant of what you're talking about. Chill grin
MrBrownJay1:

Educate yourself so i don't have to do it for you...again: There are 393M legally owned firearms in the US.FACT!

The fact that you remotely believe that every adult Americans can only buy ONE gun (when we all know that many are buying guns by the dozens) is your fail of the day.
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by InvertedHammer: 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

You are very right.

There are probably more guns in private hands in one state in the US than there are in Nigeria.

Plus, most Americans have the disposable income to buy and own guns. Nigeria?? A Smith and Wesson at least costs $500.
/
I have a friend, married with no kids whose passion is collection of guns. He has at least 100.
Bullets? Some buy empty casings and press them in their garages. US is in a world of its own when it comes to firearms.
Talking about 18 years, in South Chicago you better start carrying around 12 or else the opps will send you to an early grave. Illegal firearms are mostly the problem especially considering how easy it is to get. Chicago was so bad that Trump even mentioned it in one of his campaign speeches.

I found this short documentary on the menace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ft96tKF8Fs
/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by elijah05(m): 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
internationalman:

How would you know there's more firearms in the US than Nigeria.

Who counted it.

If at all it's possible to know the number of people that own a gun in the US, can the same be said of a country where it's not legal to own a gun In the first place

Dude you either too young or too local to understand.. every gun has a serial number, they are database for everything in the United States.. absolutely no one will post false records online.. personally I know someone with more than 8 guns.. even though most of them are hunting guns, that doesn’t necessarily say it won’t kill if shot at someone

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Iziquiel(m): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

OK then... I guess there are more than 393M firearms in Nigeria then. Have a great day.
You are really patient, God forbid make I engage that kind person(Internationalman) for argument.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Raeynique: 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
internationalman:

They buy gun by the dozen to protect themselves or to rob world Bank.

Fact is, even though it's legal to own a gun, the number of people who don't own a gun is still on the high.

I'm late for work..
Sorry to say oo buh you sound so stupid XD

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Austinleo: 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
Quote "This should serve as deterrence to other Nigerians who are noise makers in a foreign land" I bet you don't know what you are talking about. Playing music loud doesn't mean you are a nuisance. In America today, you can be walking on the street and someone steps on you and still shoot you while you are trying to call them to order. Did you even read the news last year when a guy shot another guy coming out of McDonald because the innocent guy didn't hold the door for his girlfriend? If you don't know, don't talk

I do not like when people like you just get up and talk just to talk. Sympathy after what you said doesn't make any sense brother.
If you can't travel out of Nigeria or have never been anywhere don't be envious and at the same time trying to sympathize.

Nukilia:
Heaven rest his soul!
This should serve as deterrence to other Nigerians who are noise makers in a foreign land.
You can't leave a confused nation like Nigeria where every kind of nuisance is allowed and go to the US and constitute nuisance to a sane society.

The way worship houses and clubs blast sound all over the country is a sign that our mental health as a nation needs to be properly assessed.

#RIP
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by rakabuba001(m): 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
International Man and Brownjay need to swap names
if you know what I mean cool

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by fela4live: 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
internationalman:

Lol....guy reason very well, a single person can owe more than two guns in America. I have a friend that owns six. Stop your argument! American is the gun headquarters of the word. The number of guns in Texas alone is outrageous talkless of the whole country.

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by dake40(m): 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2019
internationalman:

Try to update your sense

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by mysticgal(f): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2019
You argue with no fact and you are so blinded that you sound fvcking stuupid
internationalman:

How would you know there's more firearms in the US than Nigeria.

Who counted it.

If at all it's possible to know the number of people that own a gun in the US, can the same be said of a country where it's not legal to own a gun In the first place

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Iziquiel(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nukilia:
Heaven rest his soul!
This should serve as deterrence to other Nigerians who are noise makers in a foreign land.
You can't leave a confused nation like Nigeria where every kind of nuisance is allowed and go to the US and constitute nuisance to a sane society.

The way worship houses and clubs blast sound all over the country is a sign that our mental health as a nation needs to be properly assessed.

#RIP
You plus the 108 people who liked and shared your comment are si.ck in the head.
How dare you try to justify this cruelty? When did the US or any country in the world place death penalty on any one over loud music?
Some things are unjustifiable, you should know that.
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Jaqenhghar: 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
DanXplore:
This issue of loud noise recently ruined a long term friendship i know.
I dont know whats with Niggerians and noise. You must turn up volume so tey in some cases the person no fit siddon for the house.
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Raeynique: 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
Blackvic1:
393million is not the population of people that own guns it’s the number of guns that normal citizens have it’s actually 140million citizens that owns 393million guns get your facts right
You're just a goat ,read what he wrote again
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Toks2008(m): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nukilia:
Heaven rest his soul!

#RIP

You and everyone who gave this rubbish post of yours a like need mental evaluation.
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by internationalman(m): 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
Raeynique:
Sorry to say oo buh you sound so stupid XD
Fool
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by soliddust2020: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
I am currently experiencing this same problem, this boys play music even 1-3 am and even 6 am in the morning. Myself and another neighbor planned to confront them this evening before I saw this thread.
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Jaqenhghar: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
kelvindj98:
Abeg, any Nigerian in the US should be smart enough not to get into a fight with anyone cos you don't know who is parking heat.
Even if you're just sitting comfortably in your home a cop can burst in and fatally shoot you. I have read like 3 of such cases this month.
...and its in your shithole that peole dont come into your house and shoot you. At least over there they protest and ( to some extent ) pretend to care. In your dump no one will talk about it. Its so bad that people sympathize and make excuses for criminals
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by internationalman(m): 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
Poloyanabo1:

Guy you tried to be so patient aguing with that dumb internationalman, he's so uninformed....
nothing person no go see!
where has your over information taken you to..

idiot
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Jaqenhghar: 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

There can only be ONE solution here...banning ownership of firearm altogether... and maybe in 50yrs time, the US Gov will have succeeded in getting rid of the 393M firearms in circulation in the country.

Sadly, the firearm industry is a $30Billion a year industry who isn't ready to give up on its golden goose that easily...aka going after a very powerful lobby that has very deep pockets and very powerful allies.

But hey, who are we kidding, the foundation of that great nation is based off that "gun culture" (go ask any native indians)
In your shithole where guns are banned gun crimes are through the roof. You never find solution for that one na another cpuntry where you have probably never visited na him you want get solution for
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by Jaqenhghar: 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2019
Dcaliphate:

You even have time to argue with ignorant people. According to CNN 2months ago, there are 120 guns per 100 ppl in the US. That's a very dangerous place to look for trouble of any sort.
At least you get hurt when you look for trouble. In your shithole even tattoos can get you killed by those paid to protect you
Re: Oluwafemi Oyerinde Shot Dead In The US Over Loud Music by abbey621(m): 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

If you ban ownership of firearms guess what? Criminals don't obey laws, meaning the only people with firearms are criminals and the government. Which brings us to a situation like Nigeria where you can be robbed at your home or in your car and there's no defense. Banning firearms will never work but tougher laws and more monitoring is the key. Everyone that owns a firearm should undergo yearly renewal where there mental and physical health is tested, every firearm sold should be equipped with a remote disarm mechanism that the FBI can shut down at any time using the serial number or the chip ID. Any child that obtains a firearm left around by a parent or another adult and commits a crime with it should be jailed for 10 years and above. There are more measures that can be put in place but banning guns outright is a suicidial decision in America right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Superwozzy Arrested With Charms And Indian Hemp (videos) / Girl Caught Stealing Clothes In A Boutique, Hides Them In Her Panties (Photos) / Lady Buys Car, Goes On Vacation After Fleeing With Her Business Partner's Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.