Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots (41755 Views)

Three Nigerian Sisters Who Are All Pilots Become Centre Of Attraction / Sex Scandal Hits MTN As Female Employees Accuse CSO Adebiyi Of Harassment / Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Islie: 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ORgLsGXmw

The Nigerian Air Force has decorated Kafayat Sanni and Tolulope Arotile as the first female fighter pilot and first female helicopter pilot, respectively.

The two flying officers who just completed their training courses in the US and South Africa, were among the 13 officers decorated at a ceremony on Tuesday.

Speaking at the event, Sadique Abubakar, chief of air staff said the development marked “another milestone” in the 55-year history of the force.

“I am particularly happy because out of the 13 pilots to be winged are two female regular combatant officers,” he said.

Arotlie: The first female helicopter pilot in the history of Nigerian Air Force

“They are not only female officers but outstanding aviators. While one of the two pilots is the first female fighter pilot in the 55 years history of the NAF, the second one is the first female combat helicopter pilot.

“The first female fighter pilot trained at the United States Air Force following an excellent performance during her initial flying training course at 401 Flying Training School in Kaduna.

“While the second graduated from Starlite International Training Academy. They both performed excellently well during their training.”
He said by their records, they have trained a total of 67 instructor pilots since 2015.

Sanni: The first female fighter pilot

He also said with the winging of the new pilots, the air force would have winged a total of 101 pilots within the same period.

“Currently, we have 61 pilots undergoing basic flying training, while 50 are undergoing various forms of advanced flying training courses both locally and abroad,” he said.

“As such we are highly delighted to see the rewards of our collective efforts.

“I am confident that the NAF and indeed Nigeria will soon be reaping the benefits that these pilots would undoubtedly add to our operations.”

At the ceremony, Grace Garba, who became the first female air warrant officer (AWO), was also decorated with her new rank.

https://www.thecable.ng/air-force-decorates-female-combatant-pilots-first-time-in-55-years

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by GOFRONT(m): 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
grin

2 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by crackhaus: 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
Now this is more like it.
Females doing great things in male dominated fields without complaining of sexism or screaming about gender equality.

This is the true girl power up there, strong women unlike the SJWs on Nairaland calling themselves feminists from dusk till dawn with nothing to show for it.

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by FarahAideed: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
I really like that chopper pilot ..I hope to start my chopper lessons sometime next year if my plans are blessed by God Almighty

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by plaindealer: 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
On Tuesday, October 15, the @NigAirForce

Winged the first-ever Nigerian female fighter pilot, Fg Off Kafayat Sanni and the first-ever Nigerian female combat helicopter pilot, Fg Off Tolulope Arotile

The duo were part of 13 NAF pilots who recently completed their training abroad

2 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by greatmarshall(m): 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by OwenDesired(m): 9:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
I know
Am sure...
They were not trained in Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by 9jayes: 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
But why Afonjas

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Swalala: 11:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
Cool
Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by kennosklint(m): 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
Small small children... ewwwwww who do Nigeria like this very soon you go hear fighter jet crash close to sambisa forest.

3 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by donstan18: 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
Never will you see these kind of ladies looking good.

2 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by mechanics(m): 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
Congrats to them.

2 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
This girl face, na fight why all serious she no want make I wife her

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 15, 2019
NwaNimo1:
R.I.P....
To you in Jesus’s name

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 15, 2019
NwaNimo1:
R.I.P....
to you and your family members by God's grace...amen

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by deebrain(m): 11:07pm On Oct 15, 2019
Wow. Congratulations. Fly higher

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by nauto6: 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
i see
Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by kowalsky: 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
donstan18:

Actually both of them look very good.

There's beauty in sophistication, a trait these young girls have, but it takes a trained eye to see

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Lymasaba(m): 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2019
donstan18:

I think they are beautiful..only that no make up if u see tacha without makeup u go run tire

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by tegafej(m): 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
The Sanni lady looks pretty mean and seems like she would easily drop a bomb on anyone who dates her and runs away.

Future suitors pls beware!!

22 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Shuku: 11:19pm On Oct 15, 2019
This is a bold step in the right direction. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Gudguyz(m): 11:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
Good for both of una!!!

Put an end to sudden power cut.Call & What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.Kindly Check my Profile.Thanks
Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by deepwater(f): 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
Where is that idiat of yesterday thread that was saying all youths making it big in Nigeria is into Yahoo yahoo

6 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
congrats to them. they look fit

1 Like

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by tete7000(m): 11:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
Where are the planes they are expected to fly?

3 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by autotrader014(m): 11:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
kennosklint:
Small small children... ewwwwww who do Nigeria like this very soon you go hear fighter jet crash close to sambisa forest.

Ode shut up undecided

8 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Houseofglam7(f): 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2019
Super cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by kowalsky: 11:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
Funny that the insignias each lady carries exactly match their demeanors

The fighter jet pilot, the tall one with the 'now you see us' insignia has all shades of bold and confident written over her. You can actually see the arrogance in her face.

The helicopter pilot with a more resilient and steadfast outlook has the 'survive evade resist and escape' insignia. She looks calm and battle hardened.

Almost as if they were purposed groomed for their respective roles.

Note that I'm just projecting as far as i can here, none of this is a fact.

22 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by Nyamiri: 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2019
Now, these are real women goals.

Not prostitutes like Toke Makinwa that can bleep half of the men in a local government.

13 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by TIDDOLL(m): 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
[/b]This is bravo!!!

Something about the girls.
focus, intelligence, and grit!!

You can deduce the pride of putting on that uniform.

They are example of what a modern woman should be like![b]

5 Likes

Re: NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots by oloriLFC(f): 11:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
Good one. These ones will never get millions as a boost. Youths will not come online to hail them, na only to glorify rubbish naim we sabi undecided I tire for us as a people and the thing dey pain me!

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. / Professional American Funeral Crier/mourner Lists His Crying Charges On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.