Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened (47047 Views)

In India, Tinubu Takes Economic Diplomacy To Germany, South Korea / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by Just30: 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2019
Boyooosa:

Its quite unfortunate that some of our myopic and corrupt leaders run this country down to this level, that you this just 30 year old boy or girl now has the effrontery to challenge Nigeria into Trade War. As at 80s, your ancestors have two major commercials in Nigeria, Shoe Shining (we call them sow bata) and Teaching, honestly, your ancestors were good at that because we found their accents interesting back then.
Fast forward to 2019 and the Border closure issue, rest assured that the decision made outside this online war but the practical ones between the two countries will affect both countries positively or otherwise, depending.
Lest work with facts and figure:
Nigeria has a population of 200m
Ghana has 30.42m (x6)

Nigeria running on GDP of $500bn
Ghana running on GDP of $66bn (x8)

Nigeria GDP per capita $2,450
Ghana GDP per capita $1,915 ($535 deficit)

Now, International Trade Impact Analysis
Nigeria Export to Ghana $159m (Greater demand from Nigerian Products in Ghana)
Ghana Export to Ghana $50m (Requires lesser products just to help you guys)

Economic Impact Analysis on Trade (Export against GDP)

Nigeria $159m against $500bn - 0.03%
Ghana $50m against $66bn - 0.075% (more impact on GDP and even economy at large shocked)

The question is how can a rich dad rely on his dependent child?

kiddo

get your facts right before you engage in a discussion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2019
Just30:
grin grin grin grin

see the common Nigerian oo

You are at Ghana's benevolence
So shut up and learn

you cant move Ghana's economy one bit when Ghana does not trade with you.

Will you shut up your putrid mouth you this banku eating smelly monkey ? Why should I stop you from disgracing yourself by openly exhibiting your pitiable ignorance for the whole world to see! You lack education ninny.

The subject matter is obviously beyond your pedigree, hence the grammatical craps you put up there. I won't dignify a low life illiterate like you with my response any further,so bleep off my mentions kiddo .

Ghana ko,garri in!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by Just30: 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:

Will you shut up your putrid mouth you this banku eating smelly monkey ? Why should I stop you from disgracing yourself by openly exhibiting your pitiable ignorance for the whole world to see! You lack education ninny.

The subject matter is obviously beyond your pedigree, hence the grammatical craps you put up there. I won't dignify a low life illiterate like you with my response any further,so bleep off my mentions kiddo .

Ghana ko,garri in!
see another illiterate Nigerian

when will you guys ever reason with your brains ?

Your country is nothing to Ghana but a gas station
so know your place

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by Just30: 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
Jesse25:

Dont lie you know wizkid and davido u even dance to their song grin
who are they and what do they do?

Oh they make songs?
anyway, i dont dance to dumb music

I listen to the original music from the source of creativity.
whether Highlife or afrobeat
Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by obidark: 3:40am On Oct 18, 2019
keep the borders closed....!!

isnt it the same ghanaians abusin us day and night....??
ghana should invade us and forcefuly open the borders....

moroons....

suddenly abusing nigerians is not that easy no more....
who would have guessed,they rely on us more than we rely on them.....

they tried over years to tell us nigerians that we are useless and only criminals....

morafvckers....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
Just30:

who are they and what do they do?

Oh they make songs?
anyway, i dont dance to dumb music

I listen to the original music from the source of creativity.
whether Highlife or afrobeat
We own afrobeat too it obvious you luv Nigerian songs cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
Just30:
undeveloped lagos and village kano cant even compare to Takoradi

so shut up village boy grin grin grin
Fool ...go check the GDP of this two state they are way bigger than Ghana

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by Biodun556(m): 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
bakescos01:

The percentage can be compared. It's obvious and even a blind man knows there are alot Nigerians in Ghana than vice versa. This is not suppose to be a show of strenght or who is more powerful. It will both affect both countries if this goes on but will affect Nigerians more. With the current poverty ratio on the country. West Africa don't need this at this time a region that is one of the poorest in the world, who is suppose to do free trade zone if not West Africa.

Deputy Minister for Trade and Industry, Carlos Ahenkorah, has revealed the extent at which the country relies on Nigeria.

According to him, when it comes to trade and other economic balances, Ghana needs Nigeria more than ever, so putting in place countermeasures against Nigeria would not be the best solution to solving the border closure.

“The best way to solve this problem is not to pay Nigeria back or have some countermeasure, but coach them into understanding that look, hey we are all losing, and we need you, we need each other. But I can tell you without blinking an eye that economically, trade wise, we need Nigeria more than they need us,” he said this while speaking on JoyNews' PM Express show.
Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 25, 2019
Jesse25:

Ur mad ....sold out fuckiin citizen
my foolish friend l hope you are learning
Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by bakescos01: 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Biodun556:

Deputy Minister for Trade and Industry, Carlos Ahenkorah, has revealed the extent at which the country relies on Nigeria.

According to him, when it comes to trade and other economic balances, Ghana needs Nigeria more than ever, so putting in place countermeasures against Nigeria would not be the best solution to solving the border closure.

“The best way to solve this problem is not to pay Nigeria back or have some countermeasure, but coach them into understanding that look, hey we are all losing, and we need you, we need each other. But I can tell you without blinking an eye that economically, trade wise, we need Nigeria more than they need us,” he said this while speaking on JoyNews' PM Express show.

You are very correct with your point. But, I just feel we all need each other to grow in Africa. Nigeria alone can't grow alone. We need other African nations to grow Nigeria. I would still prefer Nigeria trading with other African nations than the West(I mean the White) that never meant no good for us. Am hoping for a more united Africa cos that is the only way African countries can grow and be free from this Western colonialism.
Re: Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened by deuces77(m): 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
dat9jaguy:
GUTA were the ones beefing nigerian traders recently.
Nigeria too much,na common sneeze na him we sneeze,West Africa catch cold.

I the tell you
We ain't even in our harshest yet they'all getting roasted grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

More Photos & Video From APC Presidential Campaign In Jos / Photos: Jonathan Worships At Dunamis Gospel Church On New Year Day / Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.