Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home (859 Views)

FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? / "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman / Pls Which Country Can I Travel To With ₦1.5 Million To Hustle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by Sagemind(m): 12:04am On Oct 16, 2019
The Nigerians have somewhat of a reputation for scams and scammers. Who hasn’t received an email offering loads of cash in return for your bank account and a moderate deposit? But this letter takes the famous Nigerian Scam to another level. Or perhaps it’s true (we don’t think so…)?

Subject: Nigerian Astronaut Wants To Come Home
Dr. Bakare Tunde – Astronautics Project Manager
National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
Plot 555, Misau Street, PMB 437
Garki, Abuja, FCT NIGERIA

Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14 years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-XXXX only.

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
XXXX@nasrda.gov.ng

https://thethaiger-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/thethaiger.com/news/world/nigerian-astronaut-needs-3-million-to-get-home?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fthethaiger.com%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fnigerian-astronaut-needs-3-million-to-get-home

Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by iPhoneRepairer: 12:09am On Oct 16, 2019
So some Nigerians have advanced from dating format. Now it's space format... cry

See the introduction sef. Nigerians have a reputation for scam

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by aycapri(m): 12:10am On Oct 16, 2019
Better die there
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 16, 2019
Uhun na them undecided
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by KendrickAyomide: 12:17am On Oct 16, 2019
Nobody needs your dumb ass here. Better die and rot there sorry
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by greatmarshall(m): 1:34am On Oct 16, 2019
Kai
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by wiseworld: 1:43am On Oct 16, 2019
Naija hmm,only a fool will fall for this scam. ote author=Sagemind post=83174159]The Nigerians have somewhat of a reputation for scams and scammers. Who hasn’t received an email offering loads of cash in return for your bank account and a moderate deposit? But this letter takes the famous Nigerian Scam to another level. Or perhaps it’s true (we don’t think so…)?

Subject: Nigerian Astronaut Wants To Come Home
Dr. Bakare Tunde – Astronautics Project Manager
National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
Plot 555, Misau Street, PMB 437
Garki, Abuja, FCT NIGERIA

Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14 years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-XXXX only.

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
XXXX@nasrda.gov.ng

https://thethaiger-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/thethaiger.com/news/world/nigerian-astronaut-needs-3-million-to-get-home?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fthethaiger.com%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fnigerian-astronaut-needs-3-million-to-get-home[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by wiseworld: 1:44am On Oct 16, 2019
Naija hmm,only a fool will fall for this scam.
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by cenaman(m): 1:55am On Oct 16, 2019
Only greedy people will fall for this scam. IPOB has taken their trade to a new level. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by piuskande(m): 2:48am On Oct 16, 2019
I'm comings to Canada oh

Soon spoon soon
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by chiommy123(f): 5:19am On Oct 16, 2019
The country don tire some people self so make he swap with them or he should stay there
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by eTECTIV: 6:53am On Oct 16, 2019
Even a stupid person wouldn't fall for dis talk more of a space agency
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by rex444(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2019
hahahahaha embarked on a secret trip to space now your coming back is no longer secret.....as U take go, take like that come back oga.....see format
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by Datguybilly97(m): 8:56am On Oct 16, 2019
Agba
Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by Oluwasaeon(m): 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
iPhoneRepairer:
So some Nigerians have advanced from dating format. Now it's space format... cry

See the introduction sef. Nigerians have a reputation for scam
No this was actually the first scamming format. This along with the Nigerian Prince own

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Astronaut Needs $3 Million To Get Home by Soteriahascome: 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
Shitty

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Anyone That Travelled Outside Nigeria/africa Recently / I Want To Visit Nigeria - What Must I See / How Do You Personally Deal With Racism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.