Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August (6408 Views)

Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings / Senate Passes Revised Fiscal Framework, Approves N16.4trn Budget For 2022 / Nigeria's Public Debt Rose To N22.4trn In 6 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by osato45: 7:41am On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
contributory pensions with private firms Its different from the govt based own. Stop displaying ignorance
except for a few government mdas like nnpc, the military, etc. that still manage their pension, there isn't any difference working in the bank and working for firs because the 2014 pension act covers all.
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
grin

So you dont know they invest peoples money in thier RSA and pay them the intrest or gain as monthly pension

[/s]
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
I hope they invest it to meaningful sector of the economy
[/s]
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 8:50am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
grin

So you dont know they invest peoples money in thier RSA and pay them the intrest or gain as monthly pension

[/s]
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by allthingsgood: 8:52am On Oct 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

Sadly, YES...
Unless it is earning interest HIGHER than the rate of inflation, the values of the money sitting in your bank account erodes everyday!
>

Lies. How do u know there will be inflation. What if there's a boom instead?? Abeg rest with ur motor park analysis
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by allthingsgood: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2019
shogz89:
dont you know? time value of money. 1000 naira left in the bank idle for ten years will be worthless due to inflation.

And what if 1 naira becomes equal to 10 dollars tomorrow?? Smh
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by yaki84: 8:59am On Oct 16, 2019
DaudaAbu:

it is only those that contributed that will benefit from it. ít is a contributory pension. Most state worker that their state did not join the contributory pension scheme wíll continue to suffer to access their pension but once they can key into this system it becomes easier.
Who told u its easier?
Almost all fed workers now r being drafted to one pension scheme n these people r wicked.
My mum retired since 2006, she was drafted to pencom till now she cant access her full gratuity.
Check their modus operandi then u will knw these guys r thieves.
Hiw can i contribute my salary to the scheme n at the end the most u can access is 40percent, the rest will be use to pay pension to the beneficiary. What if the person dies before his money iis due, what happens?
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by RichDad1(m): 9:47am On Oct 16, 2019
Taku555:
So what's the difference between employees and employees as you had typed?
That’s was a typo. undecided
It was meant to be Employees and Employers.

1 Like

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by 9jaRealist: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2019
allthingsgood:
Lies. How do u know there will be inflation. What if there's a boom instead?? Abeg rest with ur motor park analysis

Duh! There’s inflation RIGHT NOW (11.24% if you believe the govt)...
Thus, unless interest on your savings account is above 12% the value of your money is ERODING even as you are reading this.

Sadly, a reason that Nigeria remains a Third World toilet...
Is there are too many folks like you (in and out of govt) who think the basic laws of economics and finance do not apply in Nigeria! SMH
>
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Dewze(m): 10:40am On Oct 16, 2019
Apus:

Pension Transitional Directorate(PTAD) oversees police pension payments.

I thought PTAD are for pensioners that retired on or before 2007 and that are under the Defined Benefit Scheme (DBS). My mum retired in 2018 and so should fall under the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS). The CPS was created to eliminate delays in payment due to non availability of Government funds, so why the delay of over a year now to make payment?
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Nasige(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2019
athaboi:
These are beautiful policies and programs initiated by His Excellency Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo, people that have ideas upstairs... up till today, I can't figure out why people are shouting BUHARI BUHARI up and down...he's no different from an average Nigeria politician, He has just sent a request for approval of 10billion naira for kogi state to repay them for federal govt projects they executed.. kogi state executed fed govt projects How, when, where? They want to rig/buy votes in kogi election. I pity those that will be killed that day

They are all birds of the same feather, this contributory pension scheme is a big scam, most of the pension administrators are either retired officers or friends to OBJ, sometimes for you to make withdrawal from them after the death of the benefactor is a thug of war, up till date the military are not on this scheme when they notice it will benefit them they pulled out of it. The civilian are at the receiving end, the scheme only covers some certain number of years after retirement once you attain the expectant age they will stop paying you while the military gets pension till death.
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Apus: 11:11am On Oct 16, 2019
Dewze:

I thought PTAD are for pensioners that retired on or before 2007 and that are under the Defined Benefit Scheme (DBS). My mum retired in 2018 and so should fall under the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS). The CPS was created to eliminate delays in payment due to non availability of Government funds, so why the delay of over a year now to make payment?

Oh! True that.

Your Mum might need to exercise some patience. Some don't even get to receive for up to 3yrs
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by inyenejo(m): 11:25am On Oct 16, 2019
More money for this most corrupt regime to loot
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by allthingsgood: 11:47am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
9jaRealist:

Duh! There’s inflation RIGHT NOW (11.24% if you believe the govt)...
Thus, unless interest on your savings account is above 12% the value of your money is ERODING even as you are reading this.

Sadly, a reason that Nigeria remains a Third World toilet...
Is there are too many folks like you (in and out of govt) who think the basic laws of economics and finance do not apply in Nigeria! SMH
>
[/s]

Pls shut up and get lost! Trash
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by renewable1(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2019
I see

minimum 8hours electricity daily is possible with our 1kva solar system. Check my signature now
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by shogz89: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
Asquare84:

it 8% by employer and 10% by employee
10% employer 8% employee
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by 9jaRealist: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2019
allthingsgood:
Pls shut up and get lost! Trash

grin grin grin

Dude, I will not roll in the gutter of crude and uncouth personal insults with you...
It merely betrays a lack of substantive argument and a poor and crude upbringing.
>
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by allthingsgood: 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

Dude, I will not roll in the gutter of crude and uncouth personal insults with you...
It merely betrays a lack of substantive argument and a poor and crude upbringing.
>
[/s]

shut up and get lost
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by 9jaRealist: 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2019
allthingsgood:
shut up and get lost

grin grin grin

Not going anywhere...
But still won’t share the gutter with you.
>

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rudeboy Leads Peter Obi Mega Rally In Lagos With Other Celebrities / Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election / EndSars: Twitter CEO Jack Adds A Special Emoji To #EndSars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.