Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August (6409 Views)

Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings / Senate Passes Revised Fiscal Framework, Approves N16.4trn Budget For 2022 / Nigeria's Public Debt Rose To N22.4trn In 6 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by adenigga(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2019
athaboi:
These are beautiful policies and programs initiated by His Excellency Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo, people that have ideas upstairs... up till today, I can't figure out why people are shouting BUHARI BUHARI up and down...he's no different from an average Nigeria politician, He has just sent a request for approval of 10billion naira for kogi state to repay them for federal govt projects they executed.. kogi state executed fed govt projects How, when, where? They want to rig/buy votes in kogi election. I pity those that will be killed that day

@athaboi
Do you know that you're a beneficiary of divine blessing! God will continue to bless you.

I share your opinion.
The payment of that loan very close to election, is that not tantamount to votes buying? a typical example of tradermonies handled, unfortunately by a pastor, in the person of Osinbajo towards general election in March, but today we hardly hear anything again.

So, Brother! You are on point!

2 Likes

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by jimmy1990: 6:39am On Oct 16, 2019
koolbe:
In 6 years of working for a gvt Agency, my salary has been debited for pension without d money paid into my pension account. Criminals everywhere
Luciferlove:

Cool, thanks for the info bro

Do you have a pension account? If yes, meet your Pension desk Officer in your organization or the Accountant. That'll be sorted out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by lakesider(m): 6:40am On Oct 16, 2019
Luciferlove:
If we have such huge amount, why then is our daddies not getting paid their pensions or am i missing something

Bro, you daddies are not under this scheme, everyone under this scheme get paid in line with the scheme rules.. Its as easy as withdrawing ur money from gt bank

2 Likes

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by ednut1(m): 6:45am On Oct 16, 2019
allthingsgood:

U are a joker. Idle funds indeed. That's people's savings for retirement. Abeg no invest anything we no wan hear story
without investing it the value erodes. Over 70% of that money is invested with govt thru tbills and bonds
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by ednut1(m): 6:47am On Oct 16, 2019
Royalfurnitures:
Then why are pensioners still being owed? Propaganda govt

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
not the same pensions scheme.

1 Like

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by allthingsgood: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
without investing it the value erodes. Over 70% of that money is invested with govt thru tbills and bonds

So wen u keep ur money inside bank without spending, does the value erode Stop talking trash
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by RoyalHighness7(m): 6:48am On Oct 16, 2019
solmusdesigns:
I hope they invest it to meaningful sector of the economy
Invest with people's money?
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by mysteryman2014: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2019
No one should invest my hard earned pension in any risky business o. Except thunder go fire una, in case of story that touch heart o. Be guided.
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by solmusdesigns: 6:50am On Oct 16, 2019
grin

So you dont know they invest peoples money in thier RSA and pay them the intrest or gain as monthly pension

RoyalHighness7:

Invest with people's money?
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by RichDad1(m): 6:51am On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
now 12% employer 8% employee
That’s cool. I Hope the employers are remitting promptly and fully.
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by ednut1(m): 6:52am On Oct 16, 2019
allthingsgood:

So wen u keep ur money inside bank without spending, does the value erode Stop talking trash
financial zombie. Pension is due in 30 years or more. 10,000 in 2009 and 10,000 now are they the same value So many dullards on nairaland. Read up about time value of money
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by ifeanyija(m): 6:53am On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
now 12% employer 8% employee
10% employer, 8% employee
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by ednut1(m): 6:56am On Oct 16, 2019
ifeanyija:
10% employer, 8% employee
corrected
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by allthingsgood: 6:58am On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
financial zombie. Pension is due in 30 years or more. 10,000 in 2009 and 10,000 now are they the same value So many dullards on nairaland. Read up about time value of money

U know u didn't have to insult me to make a point. I will now report u. Byeee
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 16, 2019
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by RichBoy247: 7:03am On Oct 16, 2019
Including the one with Maina?
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Apus: 7:03am On Oct 16, 2019
Dewze:
If they have this much money, why are they still refusing to pay retired police officers their pension?

My mum retired since July last year and she has still not been paid, no insurance payment, no pension payment, nothing.

Pension Transitional Directorate(PTAD) oversees police pension payments.
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by enemyofprogress: 7:04am On Oct 16, 2019
Luciferlove:
If we have such huge amount, why then is our daddies not getting paid their pensions or am i missing something
do you believe those lies? Tell her to bring out the money to pay retirees, you hear another story
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by israelmao(m): 7:12am On Oct 16, 2019
This is huge asset but with all this some pensioners are still waiting endlessly for their benefits while some have died in waiting.
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by 9jaRealist: 7:14am On Oct 16, 2019
Dewze:
If they have this much money, why are they still refusing to pay retired police officers their pension?

My mum retired since July last year and she has still not been paid, no insurance payment, no pension payment, nothing.
naijadrivablog:
Ate you paying Pensioners as at when due
Bakerdav:
I don't think so because there are some pensioners with salary till date and some other benefits like 33%,shortfall
daddytime:
So so trillions yet, pensioners dey languish in penury.

Dem for kukuma allow pensioners dey draw their money alongside their salary every month while still active so as not to enrich cursed thieves like Maina.
Luciferlove:
enemyofprogress:
do you believe those lies? Tell her to bring out the money to pay retirees, you hear another story

It’s for future pensions liabilities, not past ones...
It’s a contributory savings scheme, so current workers are saving now (through monthly contributions) for their future pensions.
>
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by nauto16: 7:25am On Oct 16, 2019
see money
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by shogz89: 7:26am On Oct 16, 2019
allthingsgood:

dont you know? time value of money. 1000 naira left in the bank idle for ten years will be worthless due to inflation.
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Temmytripple: 7:28am On Oct 16, 2019
VACANCY

A professional Tailor

Requirements:

- Deep experience in sewing
- Have good knowledge of using industrial machines.
Area of specialization- corporate or natives wears.

Please WhatsApp or call: 08067724141

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by 9jaRealist: 7:28am On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
allthingsgood:

Sadly, YES...
Unless it is earning interest HIGHER than the rate of inflation, the values of the money sitting in your bank account erodes everyday!
>

1 Like

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by 9jaRealist: 7:33am On Oct 16, 2019
aolawale025:
Great. Ideally that's idle funds that could be invested in a way to spur economic development
preshdoh:
I'm concerned about what they'll do with the money
solmusdesigns:
I hope they invest it to meaningful sector of the economy

There are VERY STRICT investment guidelines...
Because these are essentially people’s live savings.

For instance, only a very small percentage can be invested in equities (in the stock market)...
Accordingly, most of these funds ends up in Sovereign Bonds, treasury bills, etc., with high-yields and sovereign guarantees.
>
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Asquare84(m): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2019
Dewze:

her accrued right have not been paid by govt yet, i.e the amount of money she have before the introduction of contributry pension is still with the federal govt
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Asquare84(m): 7:39am On Oct 16, 2019
RichDad1:

Most of our daddies did not practice this type of pension. The solely rely on the government for their pension.
This one was introduced during OBJ regime and it’s called contributing pension scheme. Whereby both employees and employees pay 7.5% each into the Pension scheme account.

it 8% by employer and 10% by employee
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Taku555(m): 7:40am On Oct 16, 2019
RichDad1:

Most of our daddies did not practice this type of pension. The solely rely on the government for their pension.
This one was introduced during OBJ regime and it’s called contributing pension scheme. Whereby both employees and employees pay 7.5% each into the Pension scheme account.
So what's the difference between employees and employees as you had typed?
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Asquare84(m): 7:41am On Oct 16, 2019
[quote author=koolbe post=83176734]In 6 years of working for a gvt Agency, my salary has been debited for pension without d money paid into my pension account. Criminals everywhere [/quoteif

visit your ippis desk officer to input your pension pin number to the platform

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EndSars: Twitter CEO Jack Adds A Special Emoji To #EndSars / Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms / El-Rufai Debunks Plans Of Contesting In 2015 General Elections (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.