Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? (63111 Views)

See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) / Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Okundaye4(m): 9:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
Eternitymedia88:
Cosharis Rice! Made in Anambra, rice mill located at Igbariam.

I will be back later with pishure.

Drop your contact
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Okundaye4(m): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
Dpharisee:
Abakaliki Rice, my colleague in the office introduced a dealer to me and it tasted wonderful

Please drop the dealer contact
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Okundaye4(m): 9:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
rhythyson:
See am ooo

Call the name ya self

Your contact please
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Okundaye4(m): 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ngasky:
Big bull and Patriot Rice from WACOT RICE MILL ARGUNGU

Drop your contact
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Osobi32(m): 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
None
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by jubrilcastle(m): 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
Try Agbede rice. Note Agbede is a village in edo state. It's before Auchi. Seriously I have not seen any local rice that can withstand theirs. Especially the popular Alhaji Isa brand

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by smartoliver(m): 11:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
I'm looking at the names of some of these rice and I can't stop myself from laughing. Famous rice(and we nor too know am) , Confluence rice(this sounds like the name of a naija female club grin) , Sweet naija rice( sounds like an hawker) .... The one wey muzz me pass na Apollo rice(like wtf?!). grin

Anyway, this is a good development. I'm starting to love this idea of closing the borders. God bless Nigeria
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Rajosh(m): 1:23am On Oct 17, 2019
pocohantas:
Prior to this whole LAND border closure issue, I never knew I have been consuming local rice.

Never encountered stones in them, neither were they soggy... Lil wonder they can easily rebag them and pass them off as the much celebrated FOREIGN rice. They are that good!

So, I will say Mama Gold, Mama's Pride and Stallion. That is also what they always gave us during festive periods at my former place of work. Now I know they were buying Naija.

Please lets patronise our own.
I never knew Mama Gold and Stallion were local Rice until now. I'm impressed
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by damble: 4:55am On Oct 17, 2019
SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME. IS IT TOTAL BAN ON RICE IMPORTATION BOTH LAND BORDERS AND SHIPPING?
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by damble: 5:02am On Oct 17, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Stallion and super eagle rice both of these rice are only packaged in Nigeria they are from India. There is nothing to be proud here. Please whoever wants to come here comes with a genuine mind not to confuse people
DOES THE IMPORTATION OF RICE BAN AFFECTS THOSE SHIPPING THROUGH SEA PORT?
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by wolverine1987: 8:24am On Oct 17, 2019
pocohantas:
Prior to this whole LAND border closure issue, I never knew I have been consuming local rice.

Never encountered stones in them, neither were they soggy... Lil wonder they can easily rebag them and pass them off as the much celebrated FOREIGN rice. They are that good!

So, I will say Mama Gold, Mama's Pride and Stallion. That is also what they always gave us during festive periods at my former place of work. Now I know they were buying Naija.

Please lets patronise our own.
So mama's gold is Nigerian rice ?? I honestly didn't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by mimee9(f): 8:28am On Oct 17, 2019
BigBull parboiled rice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by rhythyson: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2019
Okundaye4:

Your contact please

jabdul2001@yahoo.com
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by LadySarah: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2019
Rajosh:
I never knew Mama Gold and Stallion were local Rice until now. I'm impressed

They are from thailand.Dont mind them
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Shhhh01(f): 8:41am On Oct 17, 2019
sylve11:
Lake Rice......... undecided cool
Lies. Use it to cook jollof rice in the morning. In d evening check the rice, it has spoil.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Shhhh01(f): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2019
lewis512:
Mama Gold
Is mama gold nigerian rice? i did not know o.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Rajosh(m): 10:18am On Oct 17, 2019
LadySarah:

They are from thailand.Dont mind them
Okay. thanks
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by DECENCY3: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2019
INNOSON rice
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by remi1444: 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
folake4u:
Ekpoma rice!
Jesu!!!! Very sweet.
Illushi rather, the whole bulk of rice that are sold in Ekpoma market is from Illushi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by luluosas(m): 4:35pm On Oct 17, 2019
Denstone? What is stone doing in the first place inside rice?
Amanee:
Ebony rice from Ebonyi

Short grained and sweet

Ps: For those complaining about rice with Stones, you obviously didn't buy from the mill if not they destone and bag it for you. If you buy one derica from these roadside sellers, some of them don't destone the rice because they want to make more profit.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by nlPoster: 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2019
If you buy one derica from these roadside sellers, some of them don't destone the rice because they want to make more profit.

Is it the roadside seller's responsibility to destone the rice?

Should be either the miller/rice grower or the consumer I think.

If the seller does the destoning, then they should add the extra labour cost to the price.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by okewumi: 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
Evaromantik1:
Anambra Rice!

I once purchased a local rice from my village market at Aguleri, i had to bite with caution.

Then this Anambra rice i bought from a rice depot here contain next to zero sand.

Anambra is city of good rice. I bought local rice and they separated the stone in the market using their local vendor machine, you will not know the difference between Cap rice and the one in Anambra (ifite Ogwari, Omoh, Umueje, Adani and Omasi vilage). I am planning to make video of good job this guys are doing and l could see reason Corcharis guy installed rice plant in Anaku.

I don't know why their governor could not promote this rice and repair the road from ifite to Aguleri, so that it will be easier to transport the rice to other part of the country

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by kay9(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
LadySarah:

Thanks.Noted right away.
Is Mile 3 close to Mile one mkt?
I'm coming frm artillery axis so i dunno much of that area

Mmmm, "close" is kinda relative. As the name implies, Mile 3 is basically 2 miles further along same Ikwere Road. Coming from Artillery end/Aba Road, you'd have to stay on the Express to go up the Mile 1 flyover then take right to get on Ikwere Road.

But... You don't necessarily have to come to Mile 3; I think any big foodstuffs market should have Bull. I can't say for price though.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2019
dominique:
I tried Umza rice based on seller recommendation when i couldn't get lake rice and it was really good. No stones or shafts though a little starchy but very nice. I'll certainly be buying more of that local rice even if/when imported rice is in abundance

smiley We are getting there

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Iogobenz(m): 8:21pm On Oct 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Currently I don't know the price. There was a thread addressing that recently. Seems they have all hiked the prices. Now in the range of 22k and above grin

Just got it, CLICK HERE

Location is a factor too...
I see you are up to something.
I don't know what you want yet but know that I am watching closely.
Very closely.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by pocohantas(f): 8:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
Iogobenz:
I see you are up to something.
I don't know what you want yet but know that I am watching closely.
Very closely.

Ntoor! tongue
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Iogobenz(m): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Ntoor! tongue
I see.
Well,we go soon known that thing you want.
I hope it's not what I am thinking cos it won't work.
I've had enough of it!
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by pocohantas(f): 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2019
Iogobenz:
I see.
Well,we go soon known that thing you want.
I hope it's not what I am thinking cos it won't work.
I've had enough of it!

Lmao. This boy, you want me to break your heart again? Behave well o grin
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Iogobenz(m): 9:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Lmao. This boy, you want me to break your heart again? Behave well o grin
keep flattering yourself.
Who told you you broke my heart? undecided
How do you break someone that wasn't into you in the first place,ehn smallie?
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by pocohantas(f): 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
Iogobenz:
keep flattering yourself.
Who told you you broke my heart? undecided
How do you break someone that wasn't into you in the first place,ehn smallie?

Why you come dey disturb yourself na?
I know you before? See as you just expose yourself...lmao. I done tell you my own, leave the girl alone. Do not give what you can't take. If you want to chase clout on NL, go to ashewo thread and drop story.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Iogobenz(m): 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Why you come dey disturb yourself na?
I know you before? See as you just expose yourself...lmao. I done tell you my own, leave the girl alone. Do not give what you can't take. If you want to chase clout on NL, go to ashewo thread and drop story.
which story?
We kuku no know ourselves so I wonder what you are playing at.I know you and I can smell your mischief from afar,so quit the BS.
Me?clout?You no even know me sef undecided
You just want use funmi to pour your vendetta,like since when do you care about her?
I know what you want but e no go work.
Young blood don take over cool

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by pocohantas(f): 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
Iogobenz:
which story?
We kuku no know ourselves so I wonder what you are playing at.I know you and I can smell your mischief from afar,so quit the BS.
Me?clout?You no even know me sef undecided
You just want use funmi to pour your vendetta,like since when do you care about her?
I know what you want but e no go work.
Young blood don take over cool

You really wish. You really really wish. cheesy

I wonder why you are panicking sef. Sebi you dey find my mouth since, small wey I give you now- you think I am out for you?

Just continue to be a good boy and we are fine. Do otherwise and I will definitely pour more. Goodnight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.