Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? (1787 Views)

Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? / ❤️❤️God Is EveryWhere God Is Omniscient God Is Omnipotent God Is Omnipresence / Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:

Jehovah loves Satan ie Jehovah loves evil. LMFAO!
Lol!

AKA Jehovah love you! smiley
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
I already explained myself bro, that it wasn't meant for you, or maybe I should take it out of the post because it seems to be distracting you from the answer I gave to your Op question.

And moreover It was not in the original post but the modified version.

So should I take it out, Lordreed?

Its the only post I saw. Take it out and the question is why is omnipotence choosing conflict?
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:

Its the only post I saw. Take it out and the question is why is omnipotence choosing conflict?
Because it is His prerogative to do so.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 10:39am On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
Because it is His prerogative to do so.

It is Jehovah's prerogative to choose that which destroys? Excellent, so don't be offended when we say your god is not good or great.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:

It is Jehovah's prerogative to choose that which destroys? Excellent, so don't be offended when we say your god is not good or great.
Well, y'all are entitled to your opinions, but to me God is absolutely perfect regardless.

https://www.nairaland.com/5085582/even-god-decides-destroy-all

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by peggywebbs(f): 11:13am On Oct 17, 2019
This one that you're saying Jehovah.. I'm suspecting you're a former Jehovah witness. Maybe that is why you have the whole idea of religion upside down.

I'm not going to say more than this keep an open mind when it comes to religion. That's why I love whites, they will try Hinduism, Islam, pagan worship, Christianity, mysticism etc before they come to tell you they've seen it all and they've chosen not to believe. But you Nigerians will just get disappointed or lose someone or something and the next thing join the train of those saying God is wicked.

LordReed:

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by johnydon22(m): 11:29am On Oct 17, 2019
peggywebbs:

I don't agree with you o. There are many things that don't exist and I don't see anyone talking about it everyday. I don't believe fairies exist and I don't raise topics about it. You athiests constantly raise topics about God everyday.
How many fairies affect your constitution? About how many fairies do you get bombareded into yout ears every day in the bus, school, public places or even our homes, how many people have knocked on your door to tell you about TinkerBell, or how many people are at war now in the name of Meriposa?

The proportion of the discussion people have about God is related to the proportion on which it affects our lives.

Moreover you can go to Quora and Reddit and find discussions about these fairies (Tinkerbell, Mariposa etc) proportional to their exposure to public consumption.

Or the avengers literally having a cult following around the world, these characters don't necessarily exist too but are also being discussed debunking your assertion of the contrary.

And please when you talk about the murder of millions in religion you all are still in error. How can you blame God for the murder of millions. You people have failed to seperate the work of a human being from that of a God you don't believe exist.
God is the ideological vehicle on which these actions are given weight.

Deus vult
Allahu Akbar

If a Christian kills it's the same as when a non believer kills.
Nope. Murder can be classified according to motives.

If a Christian kills because "Deus Vult" then it is not the same motive as killing because you are armed robber.

Morally same, correct, ideologically distinctive.

You kill with your hands, God doesn't put the guns in anybody's hands because he wants people to fight his battles.
God doesn't seem to do anything at all

The preachings are all humans
The arguments
The murder
The charity

God is the ideological vehicle behind these actions as theologically inspired.

Doesn't seem to do anything by himself which works to further strengthen the belief in God's inexistence.

You keep comparing psychopaths that hide under religion. Extremism is not the work of God, it is just a mental patient with a bible.
Nothing seem to be the work of God.

God is an idea on which the fundamental grounds for these extremism is laid.

Funny, how things are the work of God until shi_t goes south

And again God is omnipotent and yes he has enemies because the last time I checked we all have free will. It's the free will we have that allows you to come on nairaland to oppose the idea of a God. Like I said many times before your problem is not God, it is man. Man to man. Just as you don't believe in God, some other crazy people believe in aliens, some crazy people believe that when they fight for God they get virgins ,some will even think killing enemies of God means they get a share in ruling heaven. These are all mental patients.

An omnipotent, omniscient, owner of everything can't be or be remotely be affected (emotionally or otherwise) by mundane enmity.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
peggywebbs:
This one that you're saying Jehovah.. I'm suspecting you're a former Jehovah witness. Maybe that is why you have the whole idea of religion upside down.

I'm not going to say more than this keep an open mind when it comes to religion. That's why I love whites, they will try Hinduism, Islam, pagan worship, Christianity, mysticism etc before they come to tell you they've seen it all and they've chosen not to believe. But you Nigerians will just get disappointed or lose someone or something and the next thing join the train of those saying God is wicked.

No I'm not an ex-JW, besides what does that have to do with anything?

There is no need to go round the religions before realising it's the same bunkum and you Christians make a good show of portraying your god as wicked all by yourselves. You hate even yourselves so how can anyone believe you when you preach a god of love?
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by sonmvayina(m): 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:

Why does it need that?

He does not... But we do, to measure our spiritual growth...
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
sonmvayina:

He does not... But we do, to measure our spiritual growth...

Why does the god need to measure it that way?
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by sonmvayina(m): 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
U
LordReed:

Why does the god need to measure it that way?

We.... Not him, and moreover life will be boring and meaningless
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by frank317: 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yes, by allowing you to exist, He loves you! smiley

Now u are indirectly saying God hate people that are dead (because he sure did not allow them to live)
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
sonmvayina:
U

We.... Not him, and moreover life will be boring and meaningless

So is heaven boring and meaningless?

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by frank317: 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:

Jehovah loves Satan ie Jehovah loves evil. LMFAO!

LOL... No God loves Satan, that why Satan is alive
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2019
frank317:

Now u are indirectly saying God hate people that are dead (because he sure did not allow them to live)
Are you dead or alive?
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by frank317: 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
Are you dead or alive?

I am alive, but my dear mum is dead
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2019
frank317:

I am alive, but my dear mum is dead
Sorry about your dear mum, but how old was she when she died?
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by frank317: 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
Sorry about your dear mum, but how old was she when she died?

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
frank317:

So sad!

She died before old age, really sorry about your loss.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by frank317: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
So sad!

She died before old age, really sorry about your loss.

That's God's love, according to u
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by sonmvayina(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:

So is heaven boring and meaningless?

That is the reason heaven and hell don't exist.. They lack purpose..
Just man's creation and fabrication..
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by sonmvayina(m): 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2019
frank317:

Death is an illusion... Just a change of world's...
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2019
sonmvayina:

That is the reason heaven and hell don't exist.. They lack purpose..
Just man's creation and fabrication..

Ah ok.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
frank317:

Yeah, God still loves you regardless.

I know it's hard to believe that under such a circumstance, but if you can see beyond it, you'd get to realize that God still loves you in spite of that.

You know, Kanye West went through a very similar ordeal, when he lost his best friend, his dearly beloved mum who he sang a beautiful song for while she was yet alive. Prior to that he was a rare hip hop artist who was preaching the gospel on the world stage with some of his music taking it places that the gospel rarely got to, but when that happened to him I believe he couldn't believe that God could love him and yet allow such a tragedy to befall him.

And hence a drastic change in the course of his music which became very hostile and rebellious towards God, as though it was a revolt against God for allowing that to happened to him.

But today Kanye West is back, and not just back but taking his preaching of the gospel via his music up another level, because i heard it's all gospel music now.

So I believe that the difference is simply that now he could see that God loved him irrespective of what happened to his mum then.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by frank317: 1:32am On Oct 18, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah, God still loves you regardless.

I know it's hard to believe that under such a circumstance, but if you can see beyond it, you'd get to realize that God still loves you in spite of that.

You know, Kanye West went through a very similar ordeal, when he lost his best friend, his dearly beloved mum who he sang a beautiful song for while she was yet alive. Prior to that he was a rare hip hop artist who was preaching the gospel on the world stage with some of his music taking it places that the gospel rarely got to, but when that happened to him I believe he couldn't believe that God could love him and yet allow such a tragedy to befall him.

And hence a drastic change in the course of his music which became very hostile and rebellious towards God, as though it was a revolt against God for allowing that to happened to him.

But today Kanye West is back, and not just back but taking his preaching of the gospel via his music up another level, because i heard it's all gospel music now.

So I believe that the difference is simply that now he could see that God loved him irrespective of what happened to his mum then.

Now he has gone Kanye after 'God loves u despite that'

U put ur self in a web and use Kanye to escape?

Abeg leave Kanye and show me how God loves us despite allowing evil that he can easily stop
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 18, 2019
frank317:

Now he has gone Kanye after 'God loves u despite that'

U put ur self in a web and use Kanye to escape?

Abeg leave Kanye and show me how God loves us despite allowing evil that he can easily stop
Yes God truly loves you in spite of that, even if you can't see how. And I only used Kanye's instance because I thought you could relate with that, as Kanye dearly loved his mum as you did, lost his mum as you did, and as a result also questioned God's love as you did. Because if you really knew Kanye, you would know that you didn't love your mum more than Kanye did his, for Kanye's mum was his best friend, inspiration, menthor, the only parent that brought him up from childhood, infact she was his everything.

So to lose her all of a sudden was really devastating for him, it made him literally go insane and to be very angry with God which reflected in the drastic turn his music suddenly took afterwards, beginning from the "808 and heartbreak" album up to the last one.

Therefore for Kanye to now go back to the same God he was angry at for letting his mum die, says something about what he now thinks about God's love for me in spite of that, hence my sharing it with you.

The reason I know all this, is because I followed Kanye closely when he was singing "Jesus walks" up to the third album "Graduation", so I know how close he was to his mum before she died, because he proudly displayed her like a badge to ensure that everyone who knew him, knew she was his mum. I think she was also his manager, so when it happened, I just knew that it was going to really take a toll on him so i wasn't shocked when it did. But I'm glad he's back so that I can start following him and his music closely again.

And I hope you'd get to eventually realize God's love for you in spite of that as Kanye did.

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Midas01: 7:08am On Oct 18, 2019
Why do you guys showcase your ignorance on issues you know nothing about?

Who chose conflict? God? Lol. If the same God had obliterated Satan the minute he thought of going astray,
you would've been calling him wicked and heartless.

Well God is Good and he answers to no one, especially not dust like you.
LordReed:

What is humble about choosing conflict?

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 7:44am On Oct 18, 2019
Midas01:
Why do you guys showcase your ignorance on issues you know nothing about?

Who chose conflict? God? Lol. If the same God had obliterated Satan the minute he thought of going astray,
you would've been calling him wicked and heartless.

Well God is Good and he answers to no one, especially not dust like you.

And you showcase your dumbassery by not reading and understanding what you have read.

Was I the one who said it was your god that chose conflict?

If you had understood what my OP was asking you will not have made this dumbass post.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by orisa37: 8:15am On Oct 18, 2019
LordReed:
As I understand it an omnipotent being can accomplish any desire that is logically possible. If this is so, conflict arises from unfulfilled desires, these could be fulfilled and all conflicts ended. Why isn't this the case?

It's a Temporary separation of the Righteous from the Selfish till The Judgement Day when the Weeds shall be burned with Sulfur and a New Jerusalem shall be built for The Wheat (The Righteous).
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by frank317: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yes God truly loves you in spite of that, even if you can't see how. And I only used Kanye's instance because I thought you could relate with that, as Kanye dearly loved his mum as you did, lost his mum as you did, and as a result also questioned God's love as you did. Because if you really knew Kanye, you would know that you didn't love your mum more than Kanye did his, for Kanye's mum was his best friend, inspiration, menthor, the only parent that brought him up from childhood, infact she was his everything.

So to lose her all of a sudden was really devastating for him, it made him literally go insane and to be very angry with God which reflected in the drastic turn his music suddenly took afterwards, beginning from the "808 and heartbreak" album up to the last one.

Therefore for Kanye to now go back to the same God he was angry at for letting his mum die, says something about what he now thinks about God's love for me in spite of that, hence my sharing it with you.

The reason I know all this, is because I followed Kanye closely when he was singing "Jesus walks" up to the third album "Graduation", so I know how close he was to his mum before she died, because he proudly displayed her like a badge to ensure that everyone who knew him, knew she was his mum. I think she was also his manager, so when it happened, I just knew that it was going to really take a toll on him so i wasn't shocked when it did. But I'm glad he's back so that I can start following him and his music closely again.

And I hope you'd get to eventually realize God's love for you in spite of that as Kanye did.

U admit that I cannot see God's love around me, yet u keep on repeating he loves me despite all the disgusting things around me like u are a machine.
I don't even see God's love around Kanye's life. Kanye made all his money worshipping "Satan" being around Jay Z and living an I don't care life. Where was God when the young man was making money... Now that Kanye has decided to worship God, he is not taking the glory for everything and claiming love.
However, the difference between me and Kanye is that Kanye stopped believing because he lost his mum, I stopped believing after really thinking through the whole Christianity thing and realizing it makes not sense. All I was left with were questions that can never be answered. Just people like u telling me to believe despite not getting answers.
God has never told me he loves me, all I see is an up and down world. I am in my early forties and since I was a kid, I have seen an up and down world where good or evil happens to just everyone. You have given me no reason to see God's love and I really don't expect anything from u because u are as confused as Kanye.
God cannot speak, he cannot show himself to me all the years of my life and I have to rely on u to know what God is... Both of u are a huge joke.

Anyways, enjoy ur delusional life... Just know that ur God has proven himself to be useless and non-existent... A God that cannot simply show himself, is that one God?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 18, 2019
frank317:

U admit that I cannot see God's love around me, yet u keep on repeating he loves me despite all the disgusting things around me like u are a machine.
I don't even see God's love around Kanye's life. Kanye made all his money worshipping "Satan" being around Jay Z and living an I don't care life. Where was God when the young man was making money... Now that Kanye has decided to worship God, he is not taking the glory for everything and claiming love.
However, the difference between me and Kanye is that Kanye stopped believing because he lost his mum, I stopped believing after really thinking through the whole Christianity thing and realizing it makes not sense. All I was left with were questions that can never be answered. Just people like u telling me to believe despite not getting answers.
God has never told me he loves me, all I see is an up and down world. I am in my early forties and since I was a kid, I have seen an up and down world where good or evil happens to just everyone. You have given me no reason to see God's love and I really don't expect anything from u because u are as confused as Kanye.
God cannot speak, he cannot show himself to me all the years of my life and I have to rely on u to know what God is... Both of u are a huge joke.

Anyways, enjoy ur delusional life... Just know that ur God has proven himself to be useless and non-existent... A God that cannot simply show himself, is that one God?
Well I can see that from your comments is so much hatred and anger against God that you're now hating on Kanye as well not just me. But all I can say to you is that God loves you regardless.

And I hope that you eventually get to realize that as Kanye and many others who were once in your shoes did.

#GODLOVESYOU smiley
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Midas01: 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2019
Receive sense before it's too late.
LordReed:

And you showcase your dumbassery by not reading and understanding what you have read.

Was I the one who said it was your god that chose conflict?

If you had understood what my OP was asking you will not have made this dumbass post.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Religion Is The Only Way To Eternal Pleasure. Yours Will Lead To Eternal Damn / The Only Thing That God Cannot Do Does Not Exist. / You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.