Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,039 members, 7,953,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? (2621 Views)

Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent How True? / ❤️❤️God Is EveryWhere God Is Omniscient God Is Omnipotent God Is Omnipresence / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Abdulgaffar22: 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
Being an omnipotent, can God just change Himself to become anything He likes ?

1. Essence of God is outside the world of space and time because God has been in existence before the creation of space and time.

2. Hence, for God to become anything else which dwell inside the world of space and time, His nature has to undergo a change ; see the reason below

At first instance, it is the very God's nature that makes God to be living outside the world of space and time as unlimited Being. Therefore, if such God were to be lived inside the world of space and time as limited entity, then that very God's nature must be changed.

3. But God cannot just change His own nature because of the following two reasons ;

(a). God did not create His own nature ; if God's nature was created by His will at first instance, then He can decide to re-create it again and then change it according to His will. But God's nature was never created because His nature need not to be created since His nature has no beginning of existence. Hence, His nature cannot be changed.

(b). It is the very God's nature that makes God to be God. Hence, If God can change His own nature (i:e the nature that makes Him to be God) to something different, then this implies that God can stop Himself from being exist as God. Of course, this is impossible because God must always exist since He is Eternal. So again, His nature cannot be changed.

4. Therefore, if God cannot just change His own nature as logically explained above, then God (who is outside the world of space and time) cannot just change and become anything else that can dwell inside the world of space and time. This is because such a real transformation of God from unlimited Being to a limited entity must definitely involved a change in God's nature as explained in (2) above. Yet His nature cannot be changed as expounded in (3) above

5. In conclusion, if Man (a limited entity) really dwell inside the world of space and time and God ( an unlimited Being) is really outside the world of space and time, then God cannot change to become a Man or anything else apart from His original unlimited Being.

This is why God is Eternal and immutable !.

The omnipotence of God is over what God has created by His will and this include the world of space and time. That is to say, God is omnipotent i:e all powerful over all what He has created by His will ; not over something that God did not create by His will (like God's own nature). God's own nature need not to be created since His nature has no beginning of existence.

2 Likes

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:
Being an omnipotent, can God just change Himself to become anything He likes ?

1. Essence of God is outside the world of space and time because God has been in existence before the creation of space and time.

2. Hence, for God to become anything else and therefore dwell inside the world of space and time, His nature has to undergo a change.

3. But God cannot just decide to change His own nature because He did not create His nature at first instance. His nature did not begin to exist and hence no need to be created.

If God's nature was created by His will, then He can decide to re-create it again and then change it according to His will. But this is not the case because His nature need not to be created at first instance since His nature has no beginning of existence.

4. Therefore, if God cannot just decide to change His own nature as explained in (3) above, then God (who is outside the world of space and time) cannot just decide to change and become anything else that can dwell inside the world of space and time. This is because such a real confinement of God inside a world of space and time must definitely involved a change in God's nature. Yet His nature cannot be changed (Malachi 3:6).

5. In conclusion, if Man really dwell inside the world of space and time and God is really outside the world of space and time, then God cannot change to become a Man or anything else apart from His original essence. This is why God is Eternal !

In essence the god is not omnipotent or you won't add omnipotent to his description?

Also how is this god outside space time able to affect anything inside space time? Would it not require a change in nature which you say the god is unable to do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by KnownUnknown: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
LordReed:

In essence the god is not omnipotent or you won't add omnipotent to his description?

Also how is this god outside space time able to affect anything inside space time? Would it not require a change in nature which you say the god is unable to do?

Just think of the god as a man and the universe as a fish tank. The god recites an incantation to reduce his size similar to what Antman � does. He then jumps into the fish tank universe and does his thing.

1 Like

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Abdulgaffar22: 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Just think of the god as a man and the universe as a fish tank. The god recites an incantation to reduce his size similar to what Antman � does. He then jumps into the fish tank universe and does his thing.

But if the entire fish tank (universe) was actually created by His will at first instance, then He did not need to jump into it before doing anything with the fish tank. He can still use the same will (that He used to create the fish tank at first instance) to do anything with the fish tank

The omnipotence of God is over what God has created by His will and this include the world of space and time. That is to say, God is omnipotent i:e all powerful over all what He has created by His will ; not over something that God did not create by His will (like God's own nature). God's own nature need not to be created since His nature has no beginning of existence.

1 Like

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by KnownUnknown: 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:

But if the entire fish tank (universe) was actually created by His will at first instance, then He did not need to jump into it before doing anything with the fish tank.

There are a bunch of gods with fish tanks in this realm and some of them do like to jump into their fish tanks. Also, their nature is created by Xid who also looks into their realm as if They are looking into a fish tank. They usually exist for 100 million years before quenching.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
KnownUnknown:

There are a bunch of gods with fish tanks in this realm and some of them do like to jump into their fish tanks. Also, their nature is created by Xid who also looks into their realm as if They are looking into a fish tank. They usually exist for 100 million years before quenching.
Lol..
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2023
God can never become a man...

Man is man
God is God...

God is the creator of heaven and earth, he cannot be part of creation...

Steve Jobs(may he rest in peace) cannot be part of the iPhone...
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Image123(m): 4:58am On Jan 16, 2023
LordReed:

Who defines omnipotence? Give two examples of an Omnipotent.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 5:56am On Jan 16, 2023
Image123:

Who defines omnipotence? Give two examples of an Omnipotent.

I have not claimed anything is omnipotent so I have no reason to provide any examples.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Image123(m): 5:59am On Jan 16, 2023
LordReed:

I have not claimed anything is omnipotent so I have no reason to provide any examples.

Hehehehe, lolz. Okay, define omnipotence. Or, who defines omnipotence?
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 6:03am On Jan 16, 2023
Image123:

The people who believe that there is such a thing have defined it as the unlimited power to do anything.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Abdulgaffar22: 8:42am On Jan 16, 2023
Image123:

Omnipotence is the ability to do anything that is logically possible to do.

The true concept of omnipotence does not include the power to do something that is logically impossible.

For God to change His own nature or for God to kill Himself is logically impossible !
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Image123(m): 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
LordReed:

The people who believe that there is such a thing have defined it as the unlimited power to do anything.

Lols, at least good of you. You don't have any example of omnipotence and you cannot define it. Omnipotence is primarily a christian language. So at least, give the Bible its privilege to define it. i cannot tell you that my name or son's name is Musa and you keep arguing with me that my name or son's name is not Musa. Is it your name? cheesy cheesy BTW, Merriem Webster tells us that Omnipotent is Almighty or having unlimited authority. It is not really the childish sense many unbelievers want to think of it like, omnipotent can do everything, so cannot is not omnipotent. God as God cannot lie, God cannot die, God cannot sin. Yet He is omnipotent. Always get and retain the biblical context and content.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
Image123:

Lols, at least good of you. You don't have any example of omnipotence and you cannot define it. Omnipotence is primarily a christian language. So at least, give the Bible its privilege to define it. i cannot tell you that my name or son's name is Musa and you keep arguing with me that my name or son's name is not Musa. Is it your name? cheesy cheesy BTW, Merriem Webster tells us that Omnipotent is Almighty or having unlimited authority. It is not really the childish sense many unbelievers want to think of it like, omnipotent can do everything, so cannot is not omnipotent. God as God cannot lie, God cannot die, God cannot sin. Yet He is omnipotent. Always get and retain the biblical context and content.
If the god has unlimited authority then what is stopping the god from lying? He has unlimited authority to lie by definition!

BTW Abdulgaffar22 also provided you with a definition of omnipotence why aren't you responding to that?
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Image123(m): 1:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
LordReed:

If the god has unlimited authority then what is stopping the god from lying? He has unlimited authority to lie by definition!

BTW Abdulgaffar22 also provided you with a definition of omnipotence why aren't you responding to that?

cheesy cheesy cheesy He does not need to lie. You see sin as an opportunity while God sees it different. It's like me having all the authority to eat my poo and even no one will know, but it is so gross you know. grin grin grin
i did not come here for the OP, you know that na. And he doesn't seem to have issues with what i said, instead he seems to want to help me. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2023
LordReed:

Did you change to affect the toys and environment in your wardrobe? Are you not outside the space and time of your wardrobe?
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Abdulgaffar22: 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
Image123:

cheesy cheesy cheesy He does not need to lie. You see sin as an opportunity while God sees it different. It's like me having all the authority to eat my poo and even no one will know, but it is so gross you know. grin grin grin
i did not come here for the OP, you know that na. And he doesn't seem to have issues with what i said, instead he seems to want to help me. cheesy cheesy

Yes, you get it right ; I wanted to assist you.
But we don't even know who invited him to have a say in this post. Of course we're not discussing whether God exist or not. He is a strong atheist whom I had a debate with long time ago. He was not ready to consider any evidence for God's existence no matter how strong the evidence might be and for that reason I have determined not to have any dialogue with him again. But I didn't forget to tell him that when we meet face to face on the day of resurrection, he will agree me that he has allowed his prejudice to overshadow his faculty of reasoning
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:
[b]Being an omnipotent, can God just change Himself to become anything He likes ..

For what or for who Na?

Who is that, that is there that God should change for?
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Image123(m): 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:

Yes, you get it right ; I wanted to assist you.
But we don't even know who invited him to have a say in this post. Of course we're not discussing whether God exist or not. He is a strong atheist whom I had a debate with long time ago. He was not ready to consider any evidence for God's existence no matter how strong the evidence might be and for that reason I have determined not to have any dialogue with him again. But I didn't forget to tell him that when we meet face to face on the day of resurrection, he will agree me that he has allowed his prejudice to overshadow his faculty of reasoning

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy He's going to heaven, i am praying for him and his family are. Well done brother.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
KnownUnknown:

You obviously have one bullet of sanity before you go mad!
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:

For God to change His own nature or for God to kill Himself is logically impossible !

Can mannequin say what is logically possible for you?

So also can you not say what is impossible for God! You are way out of order.

You can validly talk about yourself and what you have seen and experienced but respect your limits and boundaries.

You are God's toys and toys can never know the full powers of their Creator.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
LordReed:

If the god has unlimited authority then what is stopping the god from lying

No thing!

But do you need to lie to your toys? No you don't! God already wins so He has no need to.

But you devils, have a great need for lying!
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
LordReed:

And do you agree with this explanation/definition or do you dispute it?
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by KnownUnknown: 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You obviously have one bullet of sanity before you go mad!

Lol. At least I have one. You are out of bullets.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Lol. At least I have one. You are out of bullets.

You already shot your 1 to devilreed so you are now empty and lying! So you have no thing!
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Abdulgaffar22: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Can mannequin say what is logically possible for you?

So also can you not say what is impossible for God! You are way out of order.

You can validly talk about yourself and what you have seen and experienced but respect your limits and boundaries.

You are God's toys and toys can never know the full powers of their Creator.

Are you saying God can change Himself to anything He likes ?

If your answer is yes, please read my original post again and kindly tell me which of my points above (1 to 5) that you disagree with ?
Remember I used those points to reach my final conclusion .
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:

God created what we call space and time so He is outside it no problems here, because creations are always outside the creator.

Abdulgaffar22:

2. Hence, for God to become anything else and therefore dwell inside the world of space and time, His nature has to undergo a change.

]3.[/b] But God cannot just decide to change His own nature [b]because He did not create..

Define change in nature? Is it change of property or form or both?

All these is dispensed by the fact that God has a right to alter Himself or maintain Himself the way He is. Either way, you can not look into this because He has a right to do whatever pleases Him and no creation has right to question it

And this is where you fully went off course and way out of line for you reduced God to your level which is defamation (blasphemy)

Respect thy Creator and do no wrong is The Law!
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Abdulgaffar22: 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Define change in nature? Is it change of property or form or both?

All these is dispensed by the fact that God has a right to alter Himself or maintenance Himself the way He is. Either way, this can not be looked into because He has a right to do whatever pleases Him and no one can question it

And this is where you fully went off course and way out of line for you reduced God to your level which is defamation (blasphemy)

Respect thy Creator and do no wrong is The Law!

Blasphemy to affirm that God cannot change His nature ?

But Bible is clear that God does not change His nature (Malachi 3:6). There are several logical reasons why God must be immutable, that is, why it is impossible for God to change. First, if anything changes, it must do so in some chronological order. There must be a point in time before the change and a point in time after the change. Therefore, for change to take place it must happen within the constraints of time; however, God is eternal and exists outside of the constraints of time (Psalm 33:11; 41:13).

Second, the immutability of God is necessary for His perfection. If anything changes, it must change for the better or the worse, because a change that makes no difference is not a change. For change to take place, either something that is needed is added, which is a change for the better; or something that is needed is lost, which is a change for the worse. But, since God is perfect, He does not need anything. Therefore, He cannot change for the better. If God were to lose something, He would no longer be perfect; therefore, He cannot change for the worse.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And do you agree with this explanation/definition or do you dispute it?

There is no demonstrated being or thing with such an attribute, it other words it's not real.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Image123:

But you said the god CANNOT lie, not will not lie. One is about ability and the other is about the will. You will not poo even though you can.

Maybe you should come for the OP because I am merely responding to what they said so you can't be blaming me for what you call childish sense.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

No thing!

Good!
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you change to affect the toys and environment in your wardrobe? Are you not outside the space and time of your wardrobe?

Maybe you should read the OP then my question again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period / Project Serpo: The Zeta Reticuli Exchange 1 / Redeem - Covenant Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.