Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A (588 Views)

Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? / Business Or Professional Certification / 6-Year Degree Program Or Professional Courses, Which Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A by bamiDee1(m): 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
Good evening professionals.

Please I need some highly experienced professional advice from guys in the field of Electrical, instrumentation and control/automation. Between going for msc abroad or doing advanced training in EC&A training abroad which one would you advice a brother wanting to gain grounds and solve problems in the Oil and gas and manufacturing industry here in Nigeria.

Appreciate your seasoned advice.

Thanks
Re: Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A by Dbeautyy(m): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2019
The EC&A training will be better. The master degree will get you jobs where you will oversee others, hence better pay. But the EC &A Training will strengthen your technicality, give you specification of field and with this you can decide to stand on you own later because you already have the field experience from those companies you have worked with. Later you may proceed for a Msc if you are aiming at been a consultant in that field. Consultant with class of his own because you won't just be telling people you have master's in the field, but you let the know you can as well get you hands dirty doing the practical. So many master degree holder without a practical knowledge. In science and technology practical is better oo. I'm not saying you should not do Msc, But go for the practical for because Msc holder without practical knowledge will have no choice than to seek you counsel. He may be you boss officially today, but the truth is that you will always be needed more than him later. Get your ec&a work a little to acquire field knowledge and go for you master's the combination of this will give u edge over others.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A by bamiDee1(m): 10:51am On Oct 17, 2019
Dbeautyy:
The EC&A training will be better. The master degree will get you jobs where you will oversee others, hence better pay. But the EC &A Training will strengthen your technicality, give you specification of field and with this you can decide to stand on you own later because you already have the field experience from those companies you have worked with. Later you may proceed for a Msc if you are aiming at been a consultant in that field. Consultant with class of his own because you won't just be telling people you have master's in the field, but you let the know you can as well get you hands dirty doing the practical. So many master degree holder without a practical knowledge. In science and technology practical is better oo. I'm not saying you should not do Msc, But go for the practical for because Msc holder without practical knowledge will have no choice than to seek you counsel. He may be you boss officially today, but the truth is that you will always be needed more than him later. Get your ec&a work a little to acquire field knowledge and go for you master's the combination of this will give u edge over others.

Thanks for the advice.

However, I have acquired upward 4 years field experience in E&I engineering, covering construction, installation, commissioning and a bit of control/Automation (talking about programming). I have a couple of experience in project engineering with the knowledge of Prima Vera P6 for project planning, scheduling and progress reporting.

I want to gather more knowledge via training/Msc alongside training, also have foreign work experience so I could have my own establishment. What would you suggest?
Re: Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A by thebigkendo(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2019
bamiDee1:

Thanks for the advice.

However, I have acquired upward 4 years field experience in E&I engineering, covering construction, installation, commissioning and a bit of control/Automation (talking about programming). I have a couple of experience in project engineering with the knowledge of Prima Vera P6 for project planning, scheduling and progress reporting.

I want to gather more knowledge via training/Msc alongside training, also have foreign work experience so I could have my own establishment. What would you suggest?

Since you already have some I & C experience, Please go for the Masters degree abroad
Re: Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A by MirthOsas(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2019
bamiDee1:

Thanks for the advice.

Hey OP, I really need your help too as I would love to gain valuable experience in E&I engineering. I'm a recent graduate with little/no experience
Re: Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A by MapleSettlers: 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was the international stuttering /stammering awareness day. I have a blog and podcast on stuttering. Please read and listen to my podcast.

Thank you.

https://theafricanstutterer.home.blog/2019/10/23/stuttering-awareness-day/

1 Like

Re: Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A by bamiDee1(m): 7:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
Noted. Thanks.

thebigkendo:

Since you already have some I & C experience, Please go for the Masters degree abroad
Re: Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A by bamiDee1(m): 7:47pm On Oct 24, 2019
Ok. Brother, please how may I help you?

MirthOsas:

Hey OP, I really need your help too as I would love to gain valuable experience in E&I engineering. I'm a recent graduate with little/no experience
Re: Foreign Masters Degree Or Professional Training In ElC&A by MirthOsas(m): 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2019
bamiDee1:
Ok. Brother, please how may I help you?

I really need your help as regards getting a firm to gain experience in E&I Engineering, I'm a graduate of Electrical/Electronic Engineering.

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Hacks Government Database And Employed Himself / Vacancy For Full/part Time Physics Teacher. / My Sister And Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.