Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport (12091 Views)

Patience Jonathan, Obasanjo At Burial Of Umahi’s Mother / Buhari Receives Obasanjo At The Presidential Villa (Photos) / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by MiKenny(f): 9:10am On Nov 09, 2010
Madman in A Tete-a-tete with Obasanjo. This should have been the right caption. He wants a good explanation from a man who ruled this country twice for more than 12years, how he did it that he became homeless when some other people have choices houses of more than 120 in Nigeria, dubai, etc. A single room and palour and a job with salary of N50,000 monthly could have prevented this.
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 09, 2010
Who want obj dead ? Abi them dey mad !
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by tkb417(m): 9:33am On Nov 09, 2010
The man is obviously insane

i dislike OBJ with passion cos of his arrogance and his "i know too much disposition" but hey

OBJ did well for the country compared to some other lunatics- IBB dem dem

Remii:

This OBJ self, back in 1979 during his farewell visit to Kaduna, a vulture flew directly from top of nearby tree and perched on his head. Na wa of baba oo, Oogun po.
gimme link or wikipedia or anythn that can show ure not foaming in d mouth grin grin grin

which kain Ogun be dt cheesy
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by tkb417(m): 9:35am On Nov 09, 2010
and to think all these politicians are prone to murder beats my imgaination

so how come those militants wont try to start killing these people one by one and lets commend them for once

all they know how to do is bomb innocent lives
asswipes
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by vicoloni(m): 9:38am On Nov 09, 2010
The headline should have been ' MAD MAN GIVES OBJ Mouth Action' grin
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by footreja: 10:17am On Nov 09, 2010
Though the man executed it wrongly, but i will still commend him. We need more and better one of this. If our politicians know that after misruling us, they can be made accountable this way. I believe they may have a rethink and our country will be better for it. This should send signals to those idiots misruling us now. After their tenure, we are going for them.
For those saying Obasanjo was the best, among the bad ones when elected. That amount to dumbness. We all know he rigged his way in.
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by ceeplus(m): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2010
The mumu abi d wise boy wan break record.but en no no say 4naija d story is anoda tin, i wish him best of his luck shaaa,
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by ceeplus(m): 10:35am On Nov 09, 2010
The mumu abi d wise boy wan break record.but en no no say 4naija d story is anoda tin, i wish him best of his luck shaaa,
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by femmy2010(m): 10:46am On Nov 09, 2010
He is a dead man
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by Abayomin70(m): 10:53am On Nov 09, 2010
nairaland are just full of KID i think and beliv d best govnment we av since indpendent is obasanjo we all no it even MAD MAN kows dat one for example EFCC&GSM in most west africa country&PAYIN ALL D DEBT BY THOSE FORMA GOVMENT&ABUJA and so on he is d best govment if he is not then somone comout and tell me D BEST GOVMENT naija HAS EVA HAD
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by juman(m): 10:57am On Nov 09, 2010
OBJ should pay the money he owes the man na. cry grin cheesy smiley grin undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by anjyzplace: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2010
We need Mutalab to give him a hug , !!!
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by yunafa(f): 11:34am On Nov 09, 2010
this is sad. we naija pple really don't have value for our leaders.
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by anjyzplace: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2010
yunafa:

this is sad. we naija pple really don't have value for our leaders.

Good Leaders deserve good treats. if the Bad eladers in Ghana were not executed, the country would be like Nigeria, now you feel like you have been to London when you travel to Ghana.

In China, any governemt official that embezzles money faces a gallows or the firing squad.

Thats the treat, when you see the dying people then you think twice,
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 09, 2010
Quote from: VANGUARD ONLINE
   The former president’s attacker, whose identity was not immediately known, had earlier before Obasanjo’s arrival attempted to enter the presidential wing of the airport, but was turned back by Air Force personnel manning the gate, especially as he could not explain his mission at the wing.

The man was not only denied entry, but was also driven away from the precincts of the wing and told never to return to the area, particularly as President Goodluck Jonathan’s presidential jet was parked at the wing.

The ambush
   Unknown to the Air Force personnel and some mobile policemen whose presence at the airport was due to the president’s presence in Lagos, the man had laid ambush, hiding behind the fence of the car park attached to the presidential lounge.

*Obasanjo

Former President Obasanjo’s chartered jet touched down a few minutes after 9:00a.m., and the former president, in his usual jocular manner exchanged banters with press men attached to the presidential lounge. He then hopped into his car, a Toyota Landcruiser special utility vehicle, SUV, sandwiched between two excort vehicles with his security aides, leaving behind Chief Kenny Martins who came to receive him.

The attack
   As the convoy of three vehicles tried to negotiate its way into Airport Road, towards the local wing of the airport, the man emerged from nowhere. He ran towards the Jeep in the middle of the convoy, opened the door and started kicking and raining blows on the former President.

Rescue
   The opening of the door of Obasanjo’s car drew the attention of both the Air Force personnel and Mobile Policemen some 100 metres away, and they quickly dragged the man out of the car and gave him the beating of his life.

When he recovered from the attack, the visibly shaken Obasanjo immediately asked his driver to drive off, while scores of security men had rounded up the attacker who, amidst beatings, screamed persistently “America is watching, …America is watching.”

The man attempted to escape, but when some of the military personnel cocked their guns to shoot, he quickly laid on the floor begging for leniency.
What's the meaning of the statement highlighted above?
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by Meldrick(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2010
asunaobi:

Thats right! Thats to show all of us how timid many Nigerians are. What is gsm for christ sake? I have seen many Nigerians boasting of little things that are suppose to be necessities.

Yes, it is supposed to be a necessity but who do you kill when you are deprived of it. It is a necessity but has never been declared your right. Lots of government had come and gone and you never realized GSM was a necessity. Obj gave it to you and now instead of saying Thank YOU, you remember it is a necessity. You didn't kill Abacha, Babangida, e.tc for not making available your necessity.

asunaobi:

Why should the guy who attacked obasanjo be evil and obansanjo himself a saint. Nigerians should learn how to stand up for their rights and say enough of these mediocre short sighted leaders.

So the only way to stand up for your right is by acting like a mad man and waiting to attack the President running after his convoy. I hear you.
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by bisiaet: 11:52am On Nov 09, 2010
To be frank I'm not Obj fans in anyway BUT I still dont understand why everybody are abusing this man called Obj. Firstly the attack happened may be  true or false or whatever please what is this attacker mission? And as I read the thread at a point I can see where he was saying "America is watching" sorry watching what? Is stupidity in a country like Nigeria attacking a former president? In a country that you dont even need to attack anybody before gunmadness mobile policeman shot you dead for no reason or for not given bribe? Is he trying to be a Matyr or hero for who? I see his attempt as error and ill advise attempt because he is a Nigeria and he know the truth of what will happen to him and those who he think he is crying for will be the one to say oh God punish him who send him? Is so sad and I really pity him.

Secondly I agreed Obj did not do well but it was this same man(Obj) who was able to say yeah time up for looting and EFCC came on board either it was targeted or witch hunting idea as many called it but EFCC remain till today and "as there be anyone that was targeted or witchunted then, as people put it that was not truely corrupt?

Thirdly people say what is GSM? But the question is when did Ghana started using GSM? I was in Gambia for few months during IBB I saw bus conductors having GSM whereas in my country the so called giant of Africa only the big men and the Yahoo boys has it and how much was it then and how much was the line to put it on? That is the question.

My problem is if "IBB is walking around today and no one attack him then Obj is free to walk and go anywhere and this rants of abuse and name callings should stop because the most demonised, corrupt leader, no vision, satanic leader we ever has in this country is IBB and he is walking around as a celebrity and even trying to come and rule again and people still say oh IBB is ok, oh he is good this is so sad. Iam not from Obj village or from the west but this is the truth. Obj is bad , IBB is bad, Atiku too is bad all are corrupt so no need to face Obj alone all of them are bad and corrupt. The attckers did not say why he did it may do this it may be his own personal reason only him can tell let us not join issue until we hear the truth of his mission why he did so. No offense plsss.
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by yarodin: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2010
This man is probably already dead.  In Nigeria you can't attack an Army General talkless of a President and get away with it.  If he is not already dead he is going to rot in jail.
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by MaiSuya(m): 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2010
koastar:

What's the meaning of the statement highlighted above?

Its supposed to give you an idea of the attacker's mental state.

@topic,

As the convoy of three vehicles tried to negotiate its way into Airport Road, towards the local wing of the airport, the man emerged from nowhere. He ran towards the Jeep in the middle of the convoy, opened the door and started kicking and raining blows on the former President.

KAI! Poor OBJ. Whatever grouse we may have against him, and I know they may be many, he shouldn't be treated like this.

They should consider locking their doors henceforth. . .  undecided
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by Intrepid1(m): 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2010
Omo, that guy's life has ended, Wetin dem go do am for detention, for im life e no go think bad about anything again!
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by na2day(m): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2010
What happened to baba's BASIC TRAINING, d other day we heard of another general that single handedly foiled a kidnap attempt!
Didnt Baba lead the 3rd Marine Commando during d war?
All the Amalas and free totos had rendered him powerless against an unarmed man, abi?
Chai!
Baba na wa o!
grin grin grin
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by kennafols(f): 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2010
WELL NOTHING IS NEW UNDER THE SKY, IS JUST A SIGNAL FOR HIM TO TAKE HEED
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by konami001: 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2010
Can any of you imagine sleeping with your son's wife or your daughter's husband, now or in the nearest future? BABA=GOAT,
A man who cannot rule himself, is not fit to be a leader, I REST MY CASE,
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by eghost247(m): 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2010
invisible!:

You people may not like what am saying, but its the truth. Obasanjo dwarfs any other presido we ever had and am not yoruba lest you accuse me of ethnic sentiments. Who else;
willingly handed over power in naija?
Fought and got debt relief for us?
Reduced the fear of coups by retiring senior army officers?
Introduced pension reforms that is working now?
Brought about jobs through banks recapitalization?
Initiated the sale of dead corporations like Nitel and Hilton?
Gave us GSM (na your papa bring am before?)
wated to sell NEPA also and we refused and called him thief, now we are suffering.
had the best economic team.
Ensured Nafdac was working.
Equipped the airport safety systems.

In world standards, he performed below par, but place him against any of our previous leaders, he will stand tall. For those shouting GSM was not an achievement, how were you making calls before ojb came?
Learn to respect those that tried. Now hurl your stones.
ON Point
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by BiggySmalz(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2010
OBJ IF U READ THIS PLS PARDON THE POOR GUY.  HE PROBABLY DOING WHAT HIS INSTINCTS TELLS HIM AT THAT PATICULAR POINT IN TIME. AND READ THROUGH TO SEE WHAT NIGERIANS THINK OF YOU.  YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO MAKE A CHANGE IN BRINGING NIGERIA BACK TO ITS GLORIOUS IMAGE ( AFTERALL YOU ARE GODFATHER TO MANY POLITICIANS) GOD BLESS NAIJA.

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM, ONE NAIJA ONE NATION

PEACE

Smalz
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by 3kay945(m): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2010
the man must be begging for death now!,
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by jettyleo: 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
am emphatically saying obj is a failure in all ramifications.i have been able to see him both from close and far.he is just a product of setbacks
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by akossyy: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2010
OBJ how come u where attacked that means ur securities are not watchful at all pls be care full next,
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by Obiagu1(m): 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
Na so the man hate himself reach? Kai!
He may be in a coma right now.
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by anjyzplace: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2010
Obiagu1:

Na so the man hate himself reach? Kai!
He may be in a coma right now.

Na suicide in quote ?

LOL
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by nkilirox(f): 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2010
That's the problem with Nigeria, Obasanjo didn't do as bad as others before him somehow means Obasanjo did good. angry

I applaud the guy for slapping the living shege out of that magilla gorilla.
Re: Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport by KBrown: 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
[img]http://I'd gladly sponsor you if the target is IBB and all those lawmakers that have proposed criminal life benefits for IBB and the other idiots that ruled this country as military men.Shame on the so-called democrats that obviously don't know their right from their left[/img]

Oh! My God! I like this comment!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack / Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. / 18,000 APC Members Join PDP In Benue; Declare Support For Atiku, Ortom, Moro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.