Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools (18898 Views)

FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) / FG commences distribution of utensils to public primary school Pupils (pictures) / Interpol Issues Arrest Warrant For Allison-madueke As FG Commences Extradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 7:51am On Oct 17, 2019
tunary:
Because of free pad? is it that expensive

It depends on the quality but its expensive for some people especially in the rural areas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by adem30: 7:52am On Oct 17, 2019
midnighter:

You have a point but they cant go on strike or ban illegal importation of pads because there is no difference between a pad used by a schoolgirl vs. one used by a university student or an adult woman.

They are only subsidising the ones meant for schools and not providing the ones used by the general female population.

So are they going to force the entire menstruating population to bleed into the streets because of government school pad? This is not completely under government control

Yeah! they may start selling them instead of their being free, like they do with blood and other "free" stuff but it will still be cheaper than the ones in the store. If they overprice them then people will not bother patronising them. But at least they will be available

Don't mind that guy. Some people were programmed to fault every policy

4 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 7:53am On Oct 17, 2019
adem30:
Don't mind that guy. Some people were programmed to fault every policy

Lol i even wanted to modify my post to say "you are just picking holes in it over nothing" but youve already said it

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Dre183(m): 7:59am On Oct 17, 2019
Onyi22:
What will they use it for?
For that kpekus you shoot out on your dp grin
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Alexanity(m): 8:00am On Oct 17, 2019
midnighter:

You have a point but they cant go on strike or ban illegal importation of pads because there is no difference between a pad used by a schoolgirl vs. one used by a university student or an adult woman.

They are only subsidising the ones meant for schools and not providing the ones used by the general female population.

So are they going to force the entire menstruating population to bleed into the streets because of government school pad? This is not completely under government control

Yeah! they may start selling them instead of their being free, like they do with blood and other "free" stuff but it will still be cheaper than the ones in the store. If they overprice them then people will not bother patronising them. But at least they will be available
They got start somewhere, why subsidize for school Children if you can't subsidize for their mothers who pays the tax, if you can subsidize their pad then subsidize their clothes, subsidize their soaps, subsidize their underwears, subsidize their creams, subsidize their the house they sleep in, subsidize their food, that's they wat to go, you don't just do a lil thing to steal the show from the parent who's working their ass off to provide for their children, how about the kids in the street whose parents can't afford to send to school, who will buy pad for them, how about the orphaned kid under the bridge using rags as pads, who cares about those ones, there are real problems needing government attention,
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Onyi22(f): 8:01am On Oct 17, 2019
Dre183:

For that kpekus you shoot out on your dp grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by genesisJ: 8:10am On Oct 17, 2019
Deltatoto:
secondary sch students don Dey see period?

no ooo na period dey see them mtweeeees rubbish question...wey even primary school pupils don dey see their period

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Gazzy88(m): 8:11am On Oct 17, 2019
ebuk4real:
sad sad

I wonder where we are heading to in this country...
greatness
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Deltatoto: 8:12am On Oct 17, 2019
genesisJ:

no ooo na period dey see them mtweeeees rubbish question...wey even primary school pupils don dey see their period
na lie jor.period comes with pubic hair no primary sch child has hair in his oubic
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by tunary(m): 8:13am On Oct 17, 2019
[quote author=midnighter post=83210474]

It depends on the quality but its expensive for some people especially in the rural areas[/quote This is a good one from the govt then. wish it's well circulated for free

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by tunary(m): 8:15am On Oct 17, 2019
genesisJ:

hmm
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by contigiency(m): 8:17am On Oct 17, 2019
OChimex:

You are myopic. Go check Nigeria Developmental indices they keep getting worse. Your likes are who deserves to be in this shithole. Since 1960 until now, all those craps you call government efforts and intervention have been there yet Nigeria ranked poverty capital of the world, most miserable country in the world, and so on. You call those shitty N-power human capital development? You are ignorant to think 30k a month to someone develops them in anyway.

My goodness what a mediocre.

Ask yourself is nigeria getting better or worse?

If worse then those shitty things you mentioned are working, but if not, then they are still not good enough.

It's appalling that at this age Nigerians like you still celebrate mediocrity when western world are one billion years ahead. tufiakwa

Everything to you is shity shity, please what role are you contributing to develop the country? And I will advice, if the country is shity as you are putting it, you can relocate to the next country where castles are built by mere wishes without the efforts of all and sundry.

But one thing I will tell people like you who have given up in this country is to calm down. Things are not as bad as being estimated and projected. After all known of you can attest to have seen those giving all those statistics coming to collect data from you or anyone you know.

And very importantly, I can tell you that very soon, foreigners will stamped and hustle to get Nigerian vista. It might sound funny, but Mark today's date.

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 8:20am On Oct 17, 2019
Alexanity:

They got start somewhere, why subsidize for school Children if you can't subsidize for their mothers who pays the tax, if you can subsidize their pad then subsidize their clothes, subsidize their soaps, subsidize their underwears, subsidize their creams, subsidize their the house they sleep in, subsidize their food, that's they wat to go, you don't just do a lil thing to steal the show from the parent who's working their ass off to provide for their children, how about the kids in the street whose parents can't afford to send to school, who will buy pad for them, how about the orphaned kid under the bridge using rags as pads, who cares about those ones, there are real problems needing government attention,

Lol you just said they had to start somewhere, which they have

Clothes, soap, cream and other stuff are not stigmatised as the issue of blood and menstrual periods is. Thats why the government turned their attention to it.

In fact charity organisations and churches travel to rural/disadvantaged areas and give them free clothes and medical check-ups, are they also stealing the show? Why must you see everything as an insult? Dont you know some people need help? If they dont need the government provided stuff then they wont take it

Yeah there should be subsidised food and government housing so we can prevent people from staying slums. Let them land first with this one, or even better go ahead and help them to plan it

Kids in the street and orphans need to be taken care of...so do elderly people...so do diabetics...so do blind people....so do mentally ill people... so whats your point

So because nobody is helping those ones, they should leave the schoolgirls to bleed in the classroom?

Thats called "crabs-in-a-bucket" mentality and its very bad.
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by OChimex: 8:27am On Oct 17, 2019
contigiency:

Everything to you is shity shity, please what role are you contributing to develop the country? And I will advice, if the country is shity as you are putting it, I will advice that you can relocate to the next country where castles are built by mere wishes without the efforts of all and sundry.

But one thing I will tell people like you who have given up in this country is to calm down. Things are not as bad as being estimated and projected. After all known of you can attest to have seen those giving all those statistics coming to collect data from you or anyone you know.

And very importantly, I can tell you that very soon, foreigners will stamped and hustle to get Nigerian vista. It might sound funny, but Mark today's date.

Management in Economics states that for you to solve a problem, you must first accept that the problems lies. But look at you denying it.

Nigeria is on a reverse mode mr man. Stop denying this country is unlivable for humans. Give visa waiver to Nigerians to move to any country of their choice, and see if anybody will remain in this shithole. Your president prefers being overseas than being in his country which is why he budgeted more money for his foreign travels than his feeding.

Foreigners like fellow African countries who are in a more pathetic situation like Nigeria.

What sane foreigner will justle to live in a country with less than 50 years life expectancy? What a mad foreigner will want to live in a poverty capital? Who will want to stay in a country adjudged to be a grave yard?

who? who wants to live in a country where the hospitals are equivalent to mortuaries with all their leaders dare not use the hospitals in their country? Dare not send their kids to their below standard school? tell me? Unless the foreigner is mentally unstable.
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by wellmax(m): 8:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Amazingman:
Nothing can trigger my anger this morning, no not even this.
Chai, free sanitary pad as gift or project?
FG think sote na for children nyansh wuna end.
Weti wuna dey find for this children nyansh go pay wuna soon.
Hunters preparing for big brother crest angry

Children if anger will always be angry.

When NGO distribute condoms where was your anger.

Sex is optional, menses is not.

Free distribution of pads and subsidising its cost is over welcome.

2 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by wellmax(m): 8:40am On Oct 17, 2019
stinggy:
Commendable if true lipsrsealed

Read well. This is a programme by a parastatal under ministry of Women affairs. What's their business with bad roads and insecurity?
If all government MDAs are doing their works properly, won't Nigeria move forward? Everything isn't about ranting!

Selfwife. Get some sense here and stop ranting like a behaleaded chicken
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Funkybabee(f): 9:09am On Oct 17, 2019
Wonderful...

.tissue paper is an evil to girls pp

2 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Funkybabee(f): 9:09am On Oct 17, 2019
Wonderful...

.tissue paper is an evil to girls pp

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 9:11am On Oct 17, 2019
tunary:

Me too smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Alexanity(m): 9:14am On Oct 17, 2019
midnighter:

Lol you just said they had to start somewhere, which they have

Clothes, soap, cream and other stuff are not stigmatised as the issue of blood and menstrual periods is. Thats why the government turned their attention to it.

In fact charity organisations and churches travel to rural/disadvantaged areas and give them free clothes and medical check-ups, are they also stealing the show? Why must you see everything as an insult? Dont you know some people need help? If they dont need the government provided stuff then they wont take it

Yeah there should be subsidised food and government housing so we can prevent people from staying slums. Let them land first with this one, or even better go ahead and help them to plan it

Kids in the street and orphans need to be taken care of...so do elderly people...so do diabetics...so do blind people....so do mentally ill people... so whats your point

So because nobody is helping those ones, they should leave the schoolgirls to bleed in the classroom?

Thats called "crabs-in-a-bucket" mentality and its very bad.
Start from somewhere is not always a positive statement, even evil starts from somewhere, government should look at other things, there had been no serious concern arising from these issues, I'm not talking about the stigma or whatever but I'm just saying that subjecting the girls to the this government program is a potential danger, I wouldn't have much issue if it were red Cross or world health, Nigeria can fail anybody, is there any government undertaking that we do not hear stories that touch, these things are not scarce, these things are not rare, these things are not dangerous to handle, why should a failing government be meant to handle it. it woman issue though but I think a parket of sanitary pad a month is okay, 90 of these kids got parent empower the parents, girls don't talk about when they don't have pads I know that but then we have to look at the competence of the government and which company are they getting these things from, these things are serious
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by nnaetobi(m): 9:19am On Oct 17, 2019
u sure say dis pad no go make them infertile
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2019
Alexanity:

Start from somewhere is not always a positive statement, even evil starts from somewhere, government should look at other things, there had been no serious concern arising from these issues, I'm not talking about the stigma or whatever but I'm just saying that subjecting the girls to the this government program is a potential danger, I wouldn't have much issue if it were red Cross or world health, Nigeria can fail anybody, is there any government undertaking that we do not hear stories that touch, these things are not scarce, these things are not rare, these things are not dangerous to handle, why should a failing government be meant to handle it. it woman issue though but I think a parket of sanitary pad a month is okay, 90 of these kids got parent empower the parents, girls don't talk about when they don't have pads I know that but then we have to look at the competence of the government and which company are they getting these things from, these things are serious

So basically you dont mind the idea but you would rather an NGO does the project than the government?
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Alexanity(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2019
midnighter:

So basically you dont mind the idea but you would rather an NGO does the project than the government?
Yes I would not just prefer the NGO, I will prefer the family and by an extent I will prefer the parents, the truth is that the smaller the circle the more chances of dedication and effectiveness. Government should leave parental responsibility to parents they should rather support the parents to be more effective
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Monday60655(m): 9:56am On Oct 17, 2019
Trying for the pad to be sold at reduced price. For this naija right! That kind pad will just scatter inside girls private part and cause them serious problem. Better allow us for our usual, we have given up on naija since time immemorial. No trust for naija again
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 10:03am On Oct 17, 2019
Alexanity:

Yes I would not just prefer the NGO, I will prefer the family and by an extent I will prefer the parents, the truth is that the smaller the circle the more chances of dedication and effectiveness. Government should leave parental responsibility to parents they should rather support the parents to be more effective

I understand you, lets just agree to disagree
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Zuriel100(m): 10:07am On Oct 17, 2019
wetin dey go come share for us wet be guys na.... I don't like ojoro oo
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Zuriel100(m): 10:08am On Oct 17, 2019
wetin dey go come share for us wey be guys na.... I don't like ojoro oo
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Nmezor(f): 10:11am On Oct 17, 2019
Nice one
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Alexanity(m): 10:32am On Oct 17, 2019
midnighter:

I understand you, lets just agree to disagree
It great sharing thoughts with you, I learnt a lot, thanks for your time

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by SpyAC(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2019
OakConsultNG:
Nice one..

Meanwhile, did you know you can get your business registered for as little as 23 thousand naira? Well, check our profile for contact details to enjoy this offer.
i can do it gor u @15k
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 10:38am On Oct 17, 2019
Alexanity:

It great sharing thoughts with you, I learnt a lot, thanks for your time

Youre welcome and thank you too, you have a point in what you are saying
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2019
midnighter:

Is there a proper sanitary bin provided inside the cubicle? Is there a sign telling people how to dispose of their soiled products?

Is the bin regularly emptied? Is it clean so that someone will be able to touch it and put their trash inside?

Those are the questions to answer your question... we have terrible toilet culture in this country

The fact still remain u ave acknowledged we ave a terrible toilet culture in this country so why compound its prblm by blocking it further ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Dedicates Victory At Appeal Court To God (Photos) / Umahi Predicts Tinubu Victory, Picks Obi As Second Favorite / NJC Recalls Six Judges Accused Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.