Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools (18902 Views)

Lagos Calabar Coastal Highway: FG Commences Demolition Of Structures / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) / FG commences distribution of utensils to public primary school Pupils (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Teaser4(m): 6:42am On Oct 17, 2019
its obvious now...say na revolution fit solve this menace...if we no turn this country to warzone these folks won't learn...I just pity them...they have a lot to lose....one day ppl go fight back...your 200 soldiers and police won't save you from massacre...
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by letitrainnow(m): 6:43am On Oct 17, 2019
Good moves.

3 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 17, 2019
This should be a local government initiative. Confused functions
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by BIXYBABE: 6:52am On Oct 17, 2019
pay wey dem go use 4 month
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Isnow: 6:52am On Oct 17, 2019
GOvernment of mediocrity..
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by kevoh(m): 6:55am On Oct 17, 2019
kiss kiss
ursullalinda:
Good move especially for those in rural areas. It will discourage them from using tissue or cloth as the case maybe. That is if one mofo doesn't high jack the project and siphon the money
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 7:02am On Oct 17, 2019
Alexanity:
Seriously I will never allow my sisters, girl friend or any woman dear to me use this pad, please give their parent a job not their girls a pad, I hate evil government, you take the job outer the parent so you can play their role and give the kids a bad ideology of their parent, create an environment that the girls can grow up to thrive on don't subsidize their pad and infect it with the low standard Nigeria government is known for please these pads are sensitive stuff, don't allow your your girls use welfare pad, buying pad should not be a government responsibility

I understand where youre coming from but youre taking it the wrong way... sanitary products are supposed to be subsidised by our taxes because they are a human necessity

Thats like telling the government to abolish federal universities because parents should be able to pay school fees. Or saying teaching hospitals should start charging full price because we all should be paying our own hospital bills

You are looking at it upside down

or maybe you are a Republican

3 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by lloyds(m): 7:02am On Oct 17, 2019
Is this the problem of Nigeria now. .

Or they should stop increasing and imposing taxes on our heads. . This govt is very insensitive and decietful.
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 7:04am On Oct 17, 2019
netflicks:
If the economy is good enough u dont need such programs..what business does the govt have with ladies sanitary pads...what a shame

We have bigger concrete issues to deal with not this #yeyeleaders

The economy would be better if we increased productivity by improving the lot of the girl child

The government should use taxes to improve our lives and those of our school children

2 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 7:06am On Oct 17, 2019
selfwife:
Chai!!!! Federal Government?so with all the issues on human trafficking, security lapses, bad roads and bridges causing untimely deaths everyday,high cost of food ,vat/tax/and all the bills,FSARS extra judicial killings, poor and expensive medical facilities,etc .na sanitary pad them fit help us with..una no go believe sai I feel like crying.
Except this program will involve topics like hygiene education, cancer orientation, sex education and how to defend sexual harassment, it doesn't make sense to me .

They have to start somewhere...this is a good development and it will help reduce stigmatisation of teenage girls

2 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by chubinwa(m): 7:07am On Oct 17, 2019
This is indeed a commendable gestures from the federal govt. period is a natural occurrence which if not taken care of will lead to a disgraceful moment.

3 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 17, 2019
Is that our main problem right now? Sanitary pads? undecided

Misplaced priorities

The government never seizes to amaze me angry
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Commentor: 7:14am On Oct 17, 2019
lloyds:
Is this the problem of Nigeria now. .

Or they should stop increasing and imposing taxes on our heads. . This govt is very insensitive and decietful.

Person wey no get work no dey pay tax.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Commentor: 7:14am On Oct 17, 2019
akinjojo1234:
Is that our main problem right now? Sanitary pads? undecided

Misplaced priorities

The government never seizes to amaze me angry

The right word is ceases and not seizes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by netflicks(m): 7:15am On Oct 17, 2019
midnighter:

The economy would be better if we increased productivity by improving the lot of the girl child

The government should use taxes to improve our lives and that our school children

One funny thing is the project wont last or may be hijacked by corrupt officials what does a little child know

Watch how some folks make money off it.
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Jetro033: 7:17am On Oct 17, 2019
Hmm
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Frankcallys(m): 7:18am On Oct 17, 2019
This is long over due. Thank God we are coming back to our senses

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 7:18am On Oct 17, 2019
netflicks:

One funny thing is the project wont last or may be hijacked by corrupt officials what does a little child know

Watch how some folks make money off it.

Even if that happens, that doesnt give you the right to badmouth a genuinely good proposal just because you dont like it

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2019
Commentor:

The right word is ceases and not seizes.

Thanks, though you were trying to be sarcastic, but thanks for the correction anyway

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Alexanity(m): 7:23am On Oct 17, 2019
midnighter:

I understand where youre coming from but youre taking it the wrong way... sanitary products are supposed to be subsidised by our taxes because they are a human necessity

Thats like telling the government to abolish federal universities because parents should be able to pay school fees. Or saying teaching hospitals should start charging full price because we all should be paying our own hospital bills

You are looking at it upside down

or maybe you are a Republican
I'm no Republican, you not seeing the danger right, we don't need to create a problem where there's non, sanitary pad subsidy could mean that these things can be impacted by the failure of the government, not every important thing should be added to the government responsibility, especially an unpredictable government like Nigeria, they subsidize your pad, so one day your girl will go without pad becuase she was replying on the government now the pad section can go on strike, they'd ban illegal import of pads, they'd get corrupt and some people selling the pad meant for free, cost of pad in the market will rise, poor girls won't be able to buy pad in the market, in case you don't know, what ever a failing government touches becomes a catastrophy. not our girls this time.
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Beat123(f): 7:28am On Oct 17, 2019
No better income plan to subsidize the cost slashed! What’s a country
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by thundafire: 7:31am On Oct 17, 2019
Amazingman:
Nothing can trigger my anger this morning, no not even this.
Chai, free sanitary pad as gift or project?
FG think sote na for children nyansh wuna end.
Weti wuna dey find for this children nyansh go pay wuna soon.
Hunters preparing for big brother crest angry
shut up DNT u have sisters dat are complaining of dey embarrassment caused by dey pads

2 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by tunary(m): 7:35am On Oct 17, 2019
See o, na different things person dey see for this buhari govt
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by OChimex: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2019
contigiency:

You must not comment, it's not by force. How can you say that government intervention in those areas you mentioned are not important? Tomorrow you will say that leadership is your right simply because you are a youth. But see your reasoning.

As for those other areas you mentioned like power, Agriculture etc, you will agree with me that government is seriously doing something about them. For instance, government has signed an M.O.U with Siemens for incremental electricity generation and distribution between now and 2025.

On agriculture, I don't have to inform you what measures government is taking to address that sector. The major problem there is largely you and I who prefer foreign food even when they fall below the standard we have in this country. Government has taken a step further by banning food importation so that we all can look inward and patronize our own foods and help for the government investments in the sector to yield the desired result. Though I will not be surprised if you also criticised that policy of government.

On human capital development, you see why I said you must not comment. You criticized N-power, trader money etc, then you turn to say you prefer human development. Please what's the major issue the N-power is addressing if not largely human development? In case you don't know, N-power is 100% human development. That's you have N-build where technicians are trained to modern approach to what they are doing. You have N-teach where young graduates are to teach and develop those in secondary schools. You have N-health where the medics are to work in health centers. But in all of these, many who are already working still deceitfully joined the N-power even though it's meant for the unemployed graduates. While others who even though there are unemployed, collects the money without delivering the services. Yet, they come here to criticise and lampoon the government for all the ills befalling this country. Habba!!! That's bad.

You are myopic. Go check Nigeria Developmental indices they keep getting worse. Your likes are who deserves to be in this shithole. Since 1960 until now, all those craps you call government efforts and intervention have been there yet Nigeria ranked poverty capital of the world, most miserable country in the world, and so on. You call those shitty N-power human capital development? You are ignorant to think 30k a month to someone develops them in anyway.

My goodness what a mediocre.

Ask yourself is nigeria getting better or worse?

If worse then those shitty things you mentioned are working, but if not, then they are still not good enough.

It's appalling that at this age Nigerians like you still celebrate mediocrity when western world are one billion years ahead. tufiakwa
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by Cherez: 7:40am On Oct 17, 2019
Woooooooah
FG tried on this, this is so good
Kudos to PMB

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by ctleurocollege: 7:46am On Oct 17, 2019
Amazingman:
[s]Nothing can trigger my anger this morning, no not even this.
Chai, free sanitary pad as gift or project?
FG think sote na for children nyansh wuna end.
Weti wuna dey find for this children nyansh go pay wuna soon.
Hunters preparing for big brother crest[/s] angry

Take your frustrated life away from here. This project will help many girls especially those from poor homes

2 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by tunary(m): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2019
midnighter:
This is great! More grease to their elbow
Because of free pad? is it that expensive
Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by midnighter(f): 7:48am On Oct 17, 2019
Alexanity:

I'm no Republican, you not seeing the danger right, we don't need to create a problem where there's non, sanitary pad subsidy could mean that these things can be impacted by the failure of the government, not every important thing should be added to the government responsibility, especially an unpredictable government like Nigeria, they subsidize your pad, so one day your girl will go without pad becuase she was replying on the government now the pad section can go on strike, they'd ban illegal import of pads, they'd get corrupt and some people selling the pad meant for free, cost of pad in the market will rise, poor girls won't be able to buy pad in the market, in case you don't know, what ever a failing government touches becomes a catastrophy. not our girls this time.

You have a point but they cant go on strike or ban illegal importation of pads because there is no difference between a pad used by a schoolgirl vs. one used by a university student or an adult woman.

They are only subsidising the ones meant for schools and not providing the ones used by the general female population.

So are they going to force the entire menstruating population to bleed into the streets because of government school pad? This is not completely under government control

Yeah! they may start selling them instead of their being free, like they do with blood and other "free" stuff but it will still be cheaper than the ones in the store. If they overprice them then people will not bother patronising them. But at least they will be available

2 Likes

Re: FG Commences Free Distribution Of Sanitary Pads In Schools by adem30: 7:50am On Oct 17, 2019
Inflammatory:
What about condoms? We want gender equality. grin grin grin grin

This has been on for several years. Besides, it's better to subsidy sanitary lad than condom.

Go to Federal Polytechnic Offa, they give their students condoms free of charge

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB: Kanu Not Being Held By Nigerian Govt, May Be Hiding – Lai Mohammed / Disquiet In Edo APC Over Governorship Ticket / President Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Industry, Trade, And Investm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.