Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court (8930 Views)

Buhari Didn’t Need NJC To Appoint Me – Acting CJN / Cct Trial: Allow Njc To Decide Onnoghen’s Fate, Nba Begs Fg / NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by fergie001: 8:17am On Oct 17, 2019
There is tension at the Court of Appeal as the National Judicial Council ((NJC) has commenced interview of Justices for elevation to the bench of the Supreme Court.

The bone of contention is over over who replaces the sitting president of the court, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, who is to proceed on retirement leave by end of the year.

The crisis at the appellate court is over attempt to make Justice Muhammadu Garba, who led the presidential election petition tribunal, the next President of the Court at the expense of the next most senior Justice of the Court, Justice Monica Dongban- Mensem.

Although both Justice Monica Dongban- Mensem and Justice Muhammadu Garba are selected for the interview, Justice Garba would not be attending as he has been sent out of the country for a foreign course.

This further confirmed Daily Sun exclusive report that the inclusion of his name was just a mere gimmick as the target albinitio was Justice Dongban-Mensem.

If Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem who is next most senior Justice of the court, is finally appointed to the bench of the Supreme Court, then, an opening will be made for Justice Garba to automatically become the president of the Court of Appeal.

The interview exercise which was suspended twice due to controversies has been rescheduled to hold on October 15 and 16 at the NJC complex.

According to competent sources, those who are in support of the development are in battle with those against it.

Some have described the move as a clandestine way of “rewarding” Garba for the job he did at the tribunal.

When Justice Bulkachuwa was asked to recuse herself from the tribunal, it was reported that Justice Dongban-Mensem would take over.

However, Justice Garba was appointed, making the five-man tribunal all males.

A source said different schemes have been designed against Justice Dongban-Mensem, including prodding of anti-corruption agencies to investigate her.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/apprehension-as-njc-interviews-justices-for-apex-court/

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by fergie001: 8:17am On Oct 17, 2019
Justice Monica is Christian from Plateau State and is the presiding Justice of the Jos Division of the CoA.

Justice Garba is Muslim and is the presiding Justice of the Lagos Division of the CoA.

Now, let me wait for hypocrites, who supported Justice Ayo Salami's cause to come here and justify the FG's imprudent and brutish side.
Those as well who supported Justice Katsina-Alu then, let me see their fangs now.

I stan the same place, this is a travesty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by slimfit1(m): 8:24am On Oct 17, 2019
Hausa people have taken over everything turned justice upside down.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by morikee: 8:26am On Oct 17, 2019
Nice initiative
Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:26am On Oct 17, 2019
Anything for our country to move forward is what we want.

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by channelads: 8:26am On Oct 17, 2019
Not bad
Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by allthingsgood: 8:27am On Oct 17, 2019
slimfit1:

Alarmist abeg rest

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 17, 2019
Useless court

When will they arrest Miyetti-Allah_terrorist_group?

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2019
contigiency:
What has Hausa people got to do with the information being given to the public that NJC will interview justices of the supreme court?
allthingsgood:

Alarmist abeg rest
U dey mind wailers?
Dem go cry, dem neck go long!
Irredeemable tins they are.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by Slawormir: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2019
We the real niggarrrs are watching to see who is gonna emerge
Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by contigiency(m): 8:28am On Oct 17, 2019
slimfit1:

What has Hausa people got to do with the information being given to the public that NJC will interview justices of the supreme court?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2019
slimfit1:

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by A305: 8:29am On Oct 17, 2019
Why do I feel like there is some sort of "vote inconclusive talk" going on hence the reason for rescheduling. I didn't say corruption ooooo, I only said, vote inconclusive. See a CHEAP deal auto mobil down below.
Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by nokia1000(m): 8:29am On Oct 17, 2019
Young star Amechi Nzegwu, a striker

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 17, 2019
post=83211370:

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:30am On Oct 17, 2019
nokia1000:
Young star Amechi Nzegwu, a striker
All the best for the future Amechi.
You are our next Jay Jay Okocha in our darling nation,

But right now sha, NJC is conducting an interview for justices for our Supreme court! wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by solmusdesigns: 8:30am On Oct 17, 2019
cool

Everybody greedily fighting for more Juicy position, crazy part is the all already have millions stashed away someone yet they still want more

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by Mardine(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2019
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by Dpharisee: 8:32am On Oct 17, 2019
We know that the judiciary has been hijacked by the executive, nothing much to expect but nepotism in appointments

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by obaataaokpaewu: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2019
If she refuses to attend nko? Or decides to perform badly, will she be sacked entirely?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by PureGoldh(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by Cyberterror: 8:34am On Oct 17, 2019
So no Igbo judge is qualified for elevation to the supreme court? Marginalization continues.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by nwamabo247(m): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2019
Aright.please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE
nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo
28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially
feeding and litle medications, buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below
Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by omam1: 8:35am On Oct 17, 2019
What does it means when cattle egret flies over your head in so many occasions
Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by EzekaUdenee: 8:44am On Oct 17, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

Everybody greedily fighting for more Juicy position, crazy part is the all already have millions stashed away someone yet they still want more

[/s]
Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by EzekaUdenee: 8:44am On Oct 17, 2019
[s]
post=83211471:

All the best for the future Amechi.
You are our next Jay Jay Okocha in our darling nation,

But right now sha, NJC is conducting an interview for justices for our Supreme court! wink
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by EzekaUdenee: 8:45am On Oct 17, 2019
[s]
post=83211370:

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by EzekaUdenee: 8:48am On Oct 17, 2019
[s]
post=83211406:

U dey mind wailers?
Dem go cry, dem neck go long!
Irredeemable tins they are.
[/s]
Re: Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court by EzekaUdenee: 8:48am On Oct 17, 2019
[quote author= post=83211425][/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nwulu Hosts Muhammed Suleiman Kadade, Pledges Support To His Policies / Simon Ekpa Arrested / Peter Obi Congratulates D'tigress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.