Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP (8910 Views)

Defection: Zamfara Gov Matawalle Free To Decide His Political Future – PDP / Ekiti 2022: Eleka Is A Beacon Of Hope For Our Future - PDP Youth Leaders / APGA Is A Sinking Boat Without Future -- PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by treesun: 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2021
Buhari mortgaging Nigeria’s future – PDP

On its part, the Peoples Democratic Party rejected the fresh move to obtain fresh foreign loans of $4bn and €710m.

According to the opposition party, the move by the President and his All Progressives Congress-led regime was another attempt at further mortgaging the future of Nigeria and Nigerians with less than two years left in office.

This was contained in a statement titled ‘Fresh $4bn, €710m loans: Buhari, APC are selling Nigeria, PDP cries out…urges NASS to probe looting of loans’, signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, in Abuja, on Tuesday.

Ologbondiyan said, “The PDP vehemently rejects reported moves by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led APC administration to further mortgage our nation with a fresh of N2.66tn ($4bn and €710m) external loan.

“The party laments that with the reckless borrowing by President Buhari and the APC, Nigerians might eventually not have a nation and a patrimony that they can freely call their own, after the APC, which has less than two years to vacate office.”

Ologbondiyan described the proposed borrowing as an act of wickedness on the part of individuals who are fully aware that they will be leaving office in less than two years. It described the Buhari regime as “incompetent and corrupt.”

Attempts to get a response from the APC were futile. Calls to the mobile telephone number of the National Secretary, Senator John Akpanudoedehe, were not returned.

A response to a text message sent on the subject was still being awaited as at the time of filing this report.

https://punchng.com/experts-others-carpet-national-assembly-as-buhari-plans-4bn-e710m-borrowings/

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by colorsofrainbow: 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
We are breaking ATH debt soon grin grin

Tighten your belt.We are mooning with Buhari

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by ChiefSosa(m): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
PDP is speaking in past tense.
BUHARI HAS MORTGAGED NIGERIA'S FUTURE ALREADY.
China and other countries that we're owing will soon come and start dragging people, especially those that collected #30K to labor camps. Buhari will soon start borrowing from loan apps. Nigeria's debt is about $90billion, I wonder how una wan take pay am.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by ihatebuhari(f): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
It shall never be well with those that voted him into power

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by money121(m): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by AmuEbule: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
Buhari mortgaging Nigeria’s future – PDP

My fear is that the dullard may have damaged Nigeria to the point of no return, simply because he is out of touch on how to lead a diverse Country like Nigeria. He ran for election three times and lost, he was overthrown by a fellow Northerner. All the warning signs were there but mumu and gullibility pushed Nigerians to enter the heartless one chance bus named Buhari twice.

I am not a PDP member but I totally agree with them on this one. sad

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Stubborngirl: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
How I wish Nigerians will not make this mistake again undecided

11 Proven Health Benefits Of Taking Water

https://kingsmedics.com/11-proven-health-benefits-of-taking-water/

Say No To Skin Wrinkles

https://kingsmedics.com/simple-ways-to-prevent-skin-wrinkles-from-your-body/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Amuluonyenaego: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
Thieves against their fellow thieves.
Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Waffarianman(m): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
He's a terrorist

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Deltafirstson(m): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
Na true pdp talk ooo.
But I pity next President of Nigeria shall after Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by realstars: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
Buhari Is Dicing With The Future Of Nigerians..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by bmdmix11: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
ihatebuhari:
It shall never be well with those that voted him into power
i hate buhari pass u

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Talk2david1(m): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
That's the change Nigerians voted for......Twice
Funny enough, if he decides to contest for a third term, lots of people will still vote for him again... If you think am lying just wait and see how people, even youths will vote for Tinubu if he decides to contest come 2023...
Na to japa from Naija sure pass

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by tishbite41(m): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
I'm not shocked
This is normal almajiri bambiala spirit
Begging and looting
Tinubu and Afonjas una try well well

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by dancewith: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
True. This figure is more almost half of the annual budget. What is really going on guys? This is after the several previous borrowings running into trillions too! Does this mean we dont earn money again locally to fund the budget. What of the trillions collected by customs, FIRS, NNPC etc

What of the trillions EFCC said they recovered. Where did the previous trillions borrowed go to because I havent felt any improvment in any area of life since the massive borrowings

I dont seem to get this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
cool At least with infrastructural development cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by blamingthedevil: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
Is PDP still alive?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by John389(m): 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
The man has borrowed our future away. But it's ok. We will divide the country peacefully.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by vedaxcool(m): 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
They bankrupt the country shared it's finance for keeping the country safe and destroyed all institution yet they still complain when they left behind a collapsing economy and unsecured country.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Yeeyo: 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
where are the monkeys that are saying buhari is the only man that can fix Nigeria? Now he has destroy every sector even future of the Young once.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
The Animal will not die well

1 Like

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
As long as BMCs are going to be sold to repay this loans, e no concern me. I must find my way comot this nation one day

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Vegaj: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
Okay
Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by deji17: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
Says a rogue party PDP that borrowed $63 billion USD in times of oil boom , with nothing to show for it. Buhari has not even borrowed up to $30 billion dollars, yet our investment in critical infrastructure is so glaring even for the blind to see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by Jerryherd: 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2021

Finance minister already told us he is on $20 billion 10 years borrowing plan

1 Like

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by joefelin2345: 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Is PDP still alive?
No na you killed am

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP by JosephKayode060(m): 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2021
sad shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Comrade' Aisha Buhari: Beyond The Other Room By Oke Umurhohwo (@OkeStalyf) / Senate Screens Tanko Mohammed As Chief Justice Of Nigeria Tomorrow / 2023 Guber: Court Restrains Abia PDP From Conducting Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.