Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos (43220 Views)

Obiano Visits SARS Offices In Anambra, Frees Detainees / Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) / Governor Obiano Visits Bridge Head Onitsha. Expresses Dissatisfaction (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by vertueptime: 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2019
Dozzywest:
Able Commander of our Vast Resources. Remember me in your kingdom cool

Meanwhile..

Before and after pictures of a trader's shop gutted by fire.

The guy sabi pose sha
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by ProWalker: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
majamajic:

this is not Governor's fault , there are fire fighting vehicles . he provided them

Na him go drive am ?

head of state fire service has this blame

I know that some of you are paid to post and defend the indefensible on SM, but once in a while allow humanity to guide your comment.

The bucks stop at the table of the governor in this instance.

Please be guided appropriately
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by ProWalker: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2019
Dozzywest:

Meanwhile..

I pray and hope this guy do have good insurance to cover this loss.

It’s at moment like this that you will value good insurance policy
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by majamajic(m): 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2019
ProWalker:

I know that some of you are paid to post and defend the indefensible on SM, but once in a while allow humanity to guide your comment.

The bucks stop at the table of the governor in this instance.

Please be guided appropriately

for u to said paid means u know not what u saying ,

u blame the governor is if those things are not in place , the governor provided them , the head of fire service Chief and his boys failed

I even contacted a friend living in Onitsha he said that the fire service came , but due to gravity of the fire then and crowd control they have to run.

like u said that I was paid , it was a wrong statement, if u are educated enough to mention me with big Englishes, u will have to apologize when in wrong u accused
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Divinex(m): 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
redsquare:
'They couldn't arrive the scene on time because of a little failure'

angry
Just listen to the rubbish that idiot is saying, walahi we play too much in this country. Lives and properties worth billions of Naira was lost because of the carelessness and ineptitude of a few individuals. People should cut Obiano some slack biko, the state has fire stations but some morons failed to do their job. Obiano is not a fire fighter.

dont worry
one day Nigeria will just catch fire and nobody will quench it
i swear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by OreMI22: 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
Anambralstson:
Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, Assures Of Revamp

As part of efforts to ascertain why the Onitsha fire couldn't be quelled on time, Governor Willie Obiano visited the Anambra State fire service command headquarters in Awka.

The Governor was recieved by the Director of Fire Service in the State, Mr Martin Agbili, Commssioner for Public Utilities and Mr Emeka Ezenwanne.

Ater showing the Governor round the premises and some of their equipment, Mr Agbili briefed the Governor that they couldn't arrive the scene on time because of a little failure, explaining that the closest fire fighters who would have made it to the scene, would have been the Onitsha main market unit, but they were unfortunately fighting fire elsewhere.

Mr Agbili stressed that even when the fire fighters got to the scene, people were initially chasing them, pointing out that his men managed to escape the scene.

At the barest minimum, the Chief of Anambra fire service and the Onitsha sector commander should be fired immediately if they fail to resign.

Unless people in charge of public utilities know that there is a price to pay for such massive negligence and dereliction of duty, we are doomed as a country. People in sensitive public offices should know that if they failed to act when the people need the services provided by tax payers money, they will have to leave that office no matter the amount of silly excuses they cook up.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by biomedics(m): 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
Shame
Shame
Shame
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by boxypane(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
Anambralstson:

Senseless post.

Come to Kogi and you will know it's not a lie.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by ProWalker: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2019
majamajic:

[s]for u to said paid means u know not what u saying ,

u blame the governor is if those things are not in place , the governor provided them , the head of fire service Chief and his boys failed

I even contacted a friend living in Onitsha he said that the fire service came , but due to gravity of the fire then and crowd control they have to run.

like u said that I was paid , it was a wrong statement, if u are educated enough to mention me with big Englishes, u will have to apologize when in wrong u accused[/s]

I’m sorry, I won’t be able to engage in this sort of diatribe. I don’t have the luxury of such time.

RIP to the dead and may God console the families and comfort those that lost valuables in the fire incidence
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Omalichabby(f): 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2019
ProWalker:
Most of these governors are doing virtually nothing in their states.

They are happy that Nigerians only sees Buhari and the FG as the source of their woes as citizens

Very true.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Omalichabby(f): 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2019
Dozzywest:

Meanwhile..

oh my heart bleeds
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by AsomughaChuks02: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
A panel of inquiry should be set up to investigate Peter Obi and his embezzling of money that was budgeted to buy over 30 fire fighting trucks when he was governor. The blood of those who lost their lives are in his hands and it mustn't be swept under the carpet.

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Emmanuelhector(m): 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2019
Anambralstson:
Senseless post.
there is sense in every nonsense
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Emmanuelhector(m): 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2019
Beer parlour Governor
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by EzekaUdenee: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
Local governments ought to have fire fighting services.

Onitsha with its reputation ought to have several fire service posts.
[/s]
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Generalyemi(m): 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2019
Anambralstson:
Senseless post.

you need sense

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Henri8: 4:44pm On Oct 17, 2019
@Obiano, visit the incident axis.
Shame on you that businesses and lives of your citizens we're wasted and it took the intervention of a neighbouring state governor to rescue situation in your domain.

Ashigba!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by majamajic(m): 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2019
ProWalker:

I’m sorry, I won’t be able to engage in this sort of diatribe. I don’t have the luxury of such time.

RIP to the dead and may God console the families and comfort those that lost valuables in the fire incidence

same here bro
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Area4Area: 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
A man being pulled back from getting close to his shop as he was watching his life investment going down and some people want us to exonerate the governor and the state fire chief from this

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by tommenoh(m): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2019
[quote author=

God have mercy on us in Aba because if such inferno happens, even if there is water in fire service, there won't be road to access affected areas.

Let me expound on your take. In onitsha, roads are heavily jammed, with barely free movement, all day long. In a case of need for speed in an emergency, this alone could be a hindrance. That is where I see a need for a seamless integration between governmental agencies, like the police and the fire service or ambulance, to quickly reach affected victims or areas with fire outbreaks. The police can help clear traffic and hasten assistance.
But then, the issue of fire fighters, lacking water or fuel to move about, should be addressed sternly. There is no reason, a fire fighting unit should not be able to at least, drive 5 trucks to scene of fire outbreaks, before seeking replenishment of water!
At major commercial sites, a community well or borehole, should be sunk, as it can be a source of ready water in cases as this or even sanitary purpose.
Any head of a department, charged with ensuring public safety, that sits on the helm during moments of crisis and is found wanting, should be made to face jail terms. This is one bill I look forward to the legislative, passing.
I feel for those that lost loved ones, lives and properties. God, is your strength �

[/quote]
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by AsomughaChuks02: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
Having an insurance policy is very good.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by capitalzero: 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2019
serious government should have sacked top management staff of fire services
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by higgs: 7:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
I wonder how those who lost loved ones in that fire will feel after reading this nonsense...... a little failure.
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Legendguru: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2019
Oh
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by obidark: 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
somehow i like this guy....

i dont like his slow paste....

but he keeps on doing something....

a true leader from igboland.....
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by lagdmark(m): 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
Elcashy:
He for near Onitsha main market make dem decorate am with stones and pure water
Failed governance has become normal in my country
That will tell Nigeria indigenes that their governors are all Scammers. They build one road or fly-over and use almost the same amount to trow party and pay media to brainwashe the people.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Godsonjoe: 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
Instead to visit the affected place, he chose to visit fire service office.. That's why we need biafra so that all this mess will stop. useless and godforsaken leaders we have in nizooeria
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by obidark: 2:14am On Oct 18, 2019
Godsonjoe:
Instead to visit the affected place, he chose to visit fire service office.. That's why we need biafra so that all this mess will stop. useless and godforsaken leaders we have in nizooeria

biafra....??
what are you talkin about....
biafra would not fare better than nigeria like south africa isnt faring better than apartheid....

biafra is hugwash....few seconds of orgasm....
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Godsonjoe: 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2019
obidark:

biafra....??
what are you talkin about....
biafra would not fare better than nigeria like south africa isnt faring better than apartheid....

biafra is hugwash....few seconds of orgasm....
Yes biafra will not be better than nizooeria... but we need it.. @list let's try her (biafra) for once,,, coz we have lived in nizooeria for over 2 decades, and nothing to show for it... We have prayed for for than twenty years for the betterment of nizooeria.... but all to no avail... Even if we all die in biafraland, is not your business, @list we are been killed by your own brother. But why are you afraid of biafra restoration? It is your biafra? or are biafrans complaining against it? Unity beggers everywhere
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by obidark: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2019
Godsonjoe:
Yes biafra will not be better than nizooeria... but we need it.. @list let's try her (biafra) for once,,, coz we have lived in nizooeria for over 2 decades, and nothing to show for it... We have prayed for for than twenty years for the betterment of nizooeria.... but all to no avail... Even if we all die in biafraland, is not your business, @list we are been killed by your own brother. But why are you afraid of biafra restoration? It is your biafra? or are biafrans complaining against it? Unity beggers everywhere

look....

you will not get it....not with nigeria in charge of west africa....

you will only die for nothing....
Re: Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos by Nobody: 10:11am On May 14, 2020
Dozzywest:

Meanwhile..

cry I'm deeply sorry 4 ur loss,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mimiko Celebrates Eyitayo's Appeal Court Victory Over Jimoh Ibrahim(pics / Kaduna State Unveils Its New Logo (Photo) / Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.