Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,773 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

The Mysterious Ways Of God:a Short Story-JPR - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mysterious Ways Of God:a Short Story-JPR (362 Views)

Why Do I Wake Up With Mysterious Marks On My Body? / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar / Mysterious Ways Of God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mysterious Ways Of God:a Short Story-JPR by bingbagbo(m): 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2019
*THE WAYS OF GOD*

By the JPR

The ways of God are not like the ways of man (Isaiah 55:8-9). God is a superbly super intelligent being, in fact God is Intelligence & wisdom personified. He is a master craftsman. The layout and functioning of the human body; DNA alone testifies to the incomparable power and might of God; the Lord Jesus Christ. This piece is a short story which attempts to illustrate the ways of God which are far above the ways of men and angels. It is said in my native tongue that God's ways are like a labyrinth or simply God's ways are not not straight forward and unpredictable.

Scriptural references:

Isaiah 55:8-9

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Job 36:26

"Behold, God is exalted, and we do not know Him; The number of His years is unsearchable.

Story

There was a beautiful woman named Eku in a village called Apafam. Eku was married to Nana Bomfa and together had three children. Out of the blues, Nana Bomfa died. It wasn't at a natural old ripe age so this was a massive blow to Eku. At the funeral, friends, family and sympathizers were at their consolation best with a common refrain; " Eku take heart, it could be God's will; his ways are mysterious. "

Eku was devastated by Nana's demise. A few years on, she was gradually recovering from the loss of her husband when 'disaster' struck again. All her three children died same day through an accident. Eku this time was inconsolable. Sympathizers were at their best with their usual, " Eku take heart, it is God's will; his ways are mysterious." This infuriated Eku and made her weep and sorrow even more.

Eku at this stage was suicidal since her world had virtually come to an end. She had lost her entire family. Eku bought a bottle of poison and purposed to end her life the next morning.

In the night, as she slept, she had a dream. In her dream, a man dressed in white robes entered her room and called Eku to follow him. " where are you taking me?" She asked the strange looking man while trembling. " I am going to explain the will and ways of God to you."

Eku simply followed the man. As they journeyed, the man said he was tired so they needed to rest. They knocked at the door of a very rich man, the man opened his doors and rudely told them he couldn't accommodate them since they were strangers. The man and Eku made for yet another house; this time the owner of this house welcomed them and offered them a room to rest. In the middle of the night, the man got up, stole a golden cup from his host's hall and left the house with Eku. Eku now realised, this strange man was evil; " how could a man claiming to explain the will and ways of God to me, steal ?" But she still followed him.

From that house, the man led Eku to the first house they had gone to. He knocked at the door and the rich landlord came out again, this time wearing a frown. "Sorry to be disturbing again but we passed by to bid farewell as we are furthering our journey, kindly accept this our token." He offered the rich man the gold cup he had stolen from the good man's house and the rich man accepted it with joy. This really shocked Eku; " how can a man claiming to teach me God's will and ways steal from a good man and gift it to a wicked rich man?"

The man then led Eku to a hut; a little far from the wicked rich man's house. The man knocked at the door of the hut and a young man came out. He told the young man, they needed a place to rest. The young man gladly welcomed them into his hut. At dawn, when the young man was still snoring, the strange man woke Eku up and led her out of the hut. To Eku's utter shock, the man took a box of matches from his bag and set fire to the hut. " I can't take it anymore, you are evil!" Eku screamed angrily. The man smiled and said " I am now going to explain the things you have witnessed so far to you; and that will make you understand the will and mysteriously good ways of God." Haven moved just a few steps from the hut which was in flames now, Eku sat down to listen to the strange man. "You see, the rich man that refused to welcome us is a very wicked man so God is about to take his life." He continued, " The noble man that welcomed us is a righteous man, but a fake friend of his has purposed to kill him; this fake friend poisoned the golden cup I stole and gifted it to the noble man hoping that the man will drink from it and die." Eku was amazed. " Since I stole it, his life is preserved, but being human, he will grief about the loss of that poisoned cup; I took the cup to the wicked rich man, he has already drank from it and as I speak with you, he is dead." Eku began nodding. The man continued, " That wicked rich man who is now dead had planned to kill his own wife tomorrow; but his wife has no idea about this so weeps terribly as we speak."

While talking to Eku, the young owner of the burning hut ran to the strange man with anger, "Did I commit a crime by accomodating you? Why have you burnt my hut? You will pay for this!" The man smiled and left with Eku. He told Eku, " You see that young man that I burnt his hut, he is a poor orphan; his parent died on the same day, but these parents had gold hidden under the hut which the young man doesn't know, now that his hut is destroyed, he will try rebuilding it and in the process discover the hidden treasure which will transform his life." As he kept explaining to Eku, the young man ran and knelt before the strange man. He apologised for his rudeness and informed him of how he had discovered a bag of gold as he tried to rebuild the hut. Eku began smiling and praising God.

As they journeyed on, they got to a funeral ground. It was the funeral of the wicked rich man. The wife of the deceased rich man was uncontrollable. Eku moved to the new widow and told her, " weep no more my sister, the will of God is strange; his ways are mysterious but perfect."

Dear reader, no matter what you are going through, please don't fret, don't feel feel downhearted and despair. Trust in the Lord at all times and lean not on your own understanding. Wait on the Lord, be of good courage and he will strengthen your heart. Wait I say on the Lord!

Further reading:

Deuteronomy 29:29

"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.

Job 5:9

Who does great and unsearchable things, Wonders without number.

Job 11:7

"Can you discover the depths of God? Can you discover the limits of the Almighty?

Job 36:22-23

"Behold, God is exalted in His power; Who is a teacher like Him? "Who has appointed Him His way, And who has said, 'You have done wrong'?

Psalm 139:1-6

O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.read more.

Isaiah 40:28

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired His understanding is inscrutable.

Romans 11:33-34

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR?

1 Corinthians 2:11

For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 2:16

For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ.

Ecclesiastes 3:11

He has made everything appropriate in its time He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.

2 Likes

Re: The Mysterious Ways Of God:a Short Story-JPR by Nooneonline(m): 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2019
I believe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mysterious Ways Of God:a Short Story-JPR by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
God's ways are unsearchable! He is unstoppable God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mysterious Ways Of God:a Short Story-JPR by judgementyard(m): 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2019
Awesome Wonder!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mysterious Ways Of God:a Short Story-JPR by bingbagbo(m): 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
judgementyard:
Awesome Wonder!

Yeah, I call him the causeless cause

1 Like

Re: The Mysterious Ways Of God:a Short Story-JPR by bingbagbo(m): 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
Bodydialect57:
God's ways are unsearchable! He is unstopped God!

He knows the end from the beginning

1 Like

Re: The Mysterious Ways Of God:a Short Story-JPR by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
Yes o. He's all knowing God
bingbagbo:

He knows the end from the beginning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mysterious Ways Of God:a Short Story-JPR by bingbagbo(m): 5:23am On Nov 09, 2023
Yes o. He's all knowing God

Amen

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Sermon @ 2019 FOL Manchester / Logical Explanation Of The 10 Plagues Of Egypt. Debunking The Bibles Claims / “you Are A Thief If You Play Church Instrument & Collect Money” – Pastor Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.