Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians (60770 Views)

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by funmike83(f): 7:58am On Aug 29, 2020
Honestly, if you can sit down to read everything about the pilot program on their site , its very easy . all you asking questions should go to the site and read up

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Vslayer: 11:21am On Sep 04, 2020
fash78:
I have done this for two of my sisters. One is already Canadian PR under the old live in caregiver path. Mt second sister's application is in progress under the new nanny path which will qualify her for open work permit and Canadian PR after 2 years. I can help to answer questions for those who are interested in doing this having gone through the old process and the new process.
These are some critical points for success:
1. You must have someone Canadian PR or Citizen who is qualified and willing to employ you as a nanny.
2. You must have Language tests results showing a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 or equivalent.
3. You must have one year of Canadian post-secondary education or the foreign equivalent;
4. Proven experience as a nanny
5. Show that you have qualification and training in childcare including Firstaid, CPR.

Please review this link from IRCC on the process for home childcare provider application:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-foreign-worker/in-home-caregiver.html
You can also review the forum below. You will be able to read about this program and experience of people who have applied world wide.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/home-childcare-provider-pilot-2019.642381/page-122

In my opinion, this is the easiest way for folks to help their family and friends to come to Canada so far they are willing to sacrifice 2 years of working as a nanny.
So for anyone interested let me know how I can help.

Am interested oo I just need a job offer. Can you help? �
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Vslayer: 11:39am On Sep 04, 2020
fash78:

If you review the link that I sent earlier you will see the breakdown of the cost for application process but I will help to break it down here.
Note the $ is Canadian dollar (CAD).
- Nanny application fee including right of permanent residency - $1600
- If the nanny has a spouse and he or she will be included in the application, that is another $1600
- For each dependent child, you will pay additional $150
- Biometric fee for a family ($170) or per person ($85)
- Work permit fee per person ($150)

Other costs based on experience:
- Credentials evaluation through WES - $220
- Childcare training (if you do not have one before) - N355K from Workforce Solution Lagos
- First aid / CPR training - N20K
- Obtaining your degree transcripts and courier to WES - cost will vary from school to school but courier cost is ~ N15K per transcript
- IELTS exam (nanny and the spouse) - N150K

So assuming the following:
- A nanny, his/her spouse and a child are included in the application
- One transcript sent to WES for evaluation
- You all have your naija passport already
- Exchange rate of $1 to N300

You are looking at a total cost of ~ N1.8M for just the application processing.

If God answer your call and you all obtain work permit and PR. You then need to worry about flight tickets.

Please oo this childcare training must it be obtained from those academy. I have done one online childcare and nannying short course from reed.uk...

Hope someone can use it to prove he/she can do the job. Thank you
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by fash78(m): 1:06am On Sep 08, 2020
Vslayer:

Sorry I can't help with job offer.
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Erica414: 4:33am On Sep 13, 2020
I read from page 1 to 9,you guys are doing a great job providing the necessary information about this type of visa but then nobody is talking about the application processing time that takes up to a year(12 months)so If I apply,I’ll have to wait for 12 months to get a decision??

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Ligxy(f): 11:14am On Sep 13, 2020
Erica414:
I read from page 1 to 9,you guys are doing a great job providing the necessary information about this type of visa but then nobody is talking about the application processing time that takes up to a year(12 months)so If I apply,I’ll have to wait for 12 months to get a decision??
Yes I guess

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Mckenzy99(m): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
fash78:

If you review the link that I sent earlier you will see the breakdown of the cost for application process but I will help to break it down here.
Note the $ is Canadian dollar (CAD).
- Nanny application fee including right of permanent residency - $1600
- If the nanny has a spouse and he or she will be included in the application, that is another $1600
- For each dependent child, you will pay additional $150
- Biometric fee for a family ($170) or per person ($85)
- Work permit fee per person ($150)

Other costs based on experience:
- Credentials evaluation through WES - $220
- Childcare training (if you do not have one before) - N355K from Workforce Solution Lagos
- First aid / CPR training - N20K
- Obtaining your degree transcripts and courier to WES - cost will vary from school to school but courier cost is ~ N15K per transcript
- IELTS exam (nanny and the spouse) - N150K

So assuming the following:
- A nanny, his/her spouse and a child are included in the application
- One transcript sent to WES for evaluation
- You all have your naija passport already
- Exchange rate of $1 to N300

You are looking at a total cost of ~ N1.8M for just the application processing.

If God answer your call and you all obtain work permit and PR. You then need to worry about flight tickets.

Please,can you help me through this process,I want to migrate with my family,my wife is a graduate in social works and I am presently working as a Maintenance Supervisor.i will take care of every and any expenses it will cost.
I do await your response.Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Richdee1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
Mckenzy99:

Please,can you help me through this process,I want to migrate with my family,my wife is a graduate in social works and I am presently working as a Maintenance Supervisor.i will take care of every and any expenses it will cost.

Go through the 1st page.. Everything has been explained there
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by luc26(f): 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Yes

quote author=Erica414 post=93866962]I read from page 1 to 9,you guys are doing a great job providing the necessary information about this type of visa but then nobody is talking about the application processing time that takes up to a year(12 months)so If I apply,I’ll have to wait for 12 months to get a decision??[/quote]
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by luc26(f): 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
Firstly,get ur ielts and eca ready.

quote author=Mckenzy99 post=93877338]

I do await your response.Thanks in anticipation.[/quote]
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by veneza(f): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
Good day my fellow nairalanders, this Canada pilot program is really an easy route to Canada, but you must put in mind first that without and employer it has become a fruitless journey.
so if we must make it through this we must make put hands together and look for means to find ways of getting employers.

Also am pleading on behalf of everyone in need of child care provider jobs that any one in position to help should please help out.

3 Likes

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by segbas(m): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2020
Dear all,

I have 3 children, their age are 8, 5 and 5 years old respectively
Is it mandatory for me to search for a school for them before I could apply for their study permit?

Kindly help me out because all the schools am seeing are too costly.
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by segbas(m): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2020
Ope4Christ:

There are so many reasons why VO will deny anyone visa especially Nigerians, even if the law allows you to bring your family. That's why I try to educate you to use the best option as advised above. Everyone will always prefer to travel with his/her family but being a Nigerian complicate issue except if it is through Express Entry.

Anyway, you may hold above 20k Canadian Dollars as you try your luck.

My brother, that thought goes for Visit visa, this is a part way to residence and your spouse will be given a work permit to work.

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Mckenzy99(m): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2020
luc26:
Firstly,get ur ielts and eca ready.

quote author=Mckenzy99 post=93877338]

Thanks ,I will look into that.
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Dralin(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2020
My own Question is Pls Can A GUY get this role?🙆👀
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by crazyinlove: 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hi everyone, after completing the offer of employment form, what's the next step.
Someone mentioned I need to upload it to the employment portal, please can someone confirm this.
Thanks
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by fash78(m): 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
Vslayer:

Please oo this childcare training must it be obtained from those academy. I have done one online childcare and nannying short course from reed.uk...

Hope someone can use it to prove he/she can do the job. Thank you

It is not compulsory to get trained from those 2 schools I mentioned before. Whatever training or certification you want to bring forward just ensure it is good enough and will be accepted. I have used workforce solution before and I know someone who also sent his sibling to nanny academy. I suggested these two schools based on my prior experience with them but you can go anywhere to do the training.

2 Likes

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Thecannylady(f): 11:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
Is NCE certificate accepted? I thought the certificate can be from any field.
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Jacy46: 6:14am On Sep 24, 2020
Even though they didn't specify the minimum earning for employer applying to hire a nanny, there is a guideline for this on CIC website. What the IRCC agent will use to determine your eligibility as an employer with respect to your earning is LICO - Low Income Cut Off. You will need to go through the LICO list and determine your household threshold based on thr total number of person living with you. Let me give you an example calculation:
- Your total declared household income based on your T4 - assume $60970
- LICO for 5 (i.e 5 people in your household) - $43,791
- Projected annual salary of caregiver based on the contract your are offering - assume $20,592
To determine if IRCC agent will approve your nanny sponsorship application based on your earning:
$60970 - $43791 - $20592 = - $3414

You application will be refused based on your earning - you have a shortfall.

To get accurate LICO thresholds based on year and population of your location, visit the link below:

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1110024101

As per your last question, yes as employer you must have business account with CRA. This is how you will be able to remit deductions from your nanny salary to CRA. [/quote]

Good day dear, thanks for all the information, i am still trying to be clear about this bussiness account, for example if my cousin employs me, i get to Canada and get another job how do we do the payment and taxes for this bussiness account? He wants to be clear on this aspect before we start the process. Thank you.
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Twinney(f): 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2020
I am interested please.. I have all the requirements except Job offer

quote author=fash78 post=92490368]I have done this for two of my sisters. One is already Canadian PR under the old live in caregiver path. Mt second sister's application is in progress under the new nanny path which will qualify her for open work permit and Canadian PR after 2 years. I can help to answer questions for those who are interested in doing this having gone through the old process and the new process.
These are some critical points for success:
1. You must have someone Canadian PR or Citizen who is qualified and willing to employ you as a nanny.
2. You must have Language tests results showing a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 or equivalent.
3. You must have one year of Canadian post-secondary education or the foreign equivalent;
4. Proven experience as a nanny
5. Show that you have qualification and training in childcare including Firstaid, CPR.
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Anywherebuthere: 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2020
Not entirely true please. I have a diploma from city and guilds and it was evaluated as a diploma equivalent in Canada. Kudos to you though
Twinkleberyl:

What WES evaluates are certificates that you obtained as part of a traditional for credit (eg 12, 30, 60, 120 credit unit) study
These courses at john's academy, london's city & guild, reeds etc are all cpd (continous professional development) courses that help you build or enhance work place skills.

Online for credit studies are not as cheap as cpd courses. Be prepared to spend thousands of dollars or pounds sterling.
The most popular ones:
The Open University (UK)
Athabasca university (Canada)
Walden University (USA)

It might be possible to get 1year certificates from these online schools that will be evaluated by WES.
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Joynk: 7:30am On Oct 23, 2020
Pls am interested this is my no 08035715112. And if i can get urs i will be happy
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Fatchi: 11:11am On Oct 23, 2020
Good morning, please who has left nigeria through this route? share with us, as I intend using this method. thanks in advance. God bless you
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Fatchi: 11:20am On Oct 23, 2020
Darasimis:
I believe this a good and alternative route for Nigerians. Am working toward submitting application in January 2020 by God's grace. I pray it worked out.

good morning, please, have you successful submitted your application. please share with me. thanks in advance
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Fatchi: 11:36am On Oct 23, 2020
Vslayer:

please am interested I need a job offer.. please
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Joynk: 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
Anniebony:
One thing i know about this pilot is that it does not require any proof of fund. It is actually the only immigration work permit pilot with NO PROOF OF FUND.
However, you need the following things:

1) Canadian styled Resume with a Canadian Phone Number
2) LinkedIn account with a professional profile picture
3) Professionally crafted Cover Letter
4) IELTS Exam with at least 5 Band Score (#75k)
5) Qualification assessment with WES(Canada)(#65K)
6) Free Certificate exam in First Aid, CPR and AED(Optional but better). Check out www.firstaidforfree.com

If anybody is interested in Home Support Work Pilot, i can post some job links here for you to apply. Just indicate interest.

Pls i just finish free certificate exam in first aid ,CPR and AED
Do i need any other certification since i have OND and Bsc education

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Richdee1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2020
Joynk:
Pls i just finish free certificate exam in first aid ,CPR and AED Do i need any other certification since i have OND and Bsc education

Please which site did u di this?? it is free? how much did u pay??
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Joynk: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
fash78:

Yes. The new pilot program for Home Childcare Provider actually provides an awesome opportunity for the nanny to bring their spouse and dependent
children to Canada in one application.

I did an online first aid course , have OND accounting and BSC edu respectively
Do i still need to so other courses
Being that u have done it to ur sister pls i need to chat with u cos i really need it
Pls dear this is my no pls 08035715112 i no you cant drop ur details here for security reason pls can u chat me so i can take it up from there.

Thanks
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Joynk: 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2020
Richdee1:

Please which site did u di this??
it is free?
how much did u pay??

www.firstaidforfree.com

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by babakb: 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
segbas:
Dear all,

I have 3 children, their age are 8, 5 and 5 years old respectively
Is it mandatory for me to search for a school for them before I could apply for their study permit?

Kindly help me out because all the schools am seeing are too costly.

No, what your kids will be given is called Open Study Permit, when they arrive in Canada they will study in any school you can afford...
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by DupsyK: 11:38pm On Oct 28, 2020
Good evening all,
please has anyone made payments for the application? Are we to pay for work permit separately from others which include ; Processing, RPRF and Biometric? Also did you use your Naira MasterCard for payments? At what rate was deducted? So sorry for the long questions, I am trying not to make mistake on the payment stuff.... Thank you

Seems there is a specific instruction of payments for Nigeria applicants

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) / Oyinbo Danfo Bus Conductor In Lagos (Skit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.