Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector (14613 Views)

How Many Times Has Buhari Worn Suit Since He Came Into Power? (Photos) / Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang / $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Jafar1: 11:22am On Oct 18, 2019
25 trillion

Can u imagine?

Just 3 years

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by jaxxy(m): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2019
If it will fix power permanently then shoot. The only problem is we are too wasteful in this country. We don’t know the value of a singe Naira so we keep being reckless right from the executive to senate and the Demi god Governors.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Bawizzo(m): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2019
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by nauto5: 11:23am On Oct 18, 2019
Who will pay all this money

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Automatic3344: 11:24am On Oct 18, 2019
Nairaland is compromise, some one can't comment on Islam trend until you have to swear.. Why Christian trend Muslim can comment and someone out there will say we are one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by 24kmagic: 11:24am On Oct 18, 2019
Even if they sell the whole of Nigeria and invest it into power sector, Nigeria will never have stable power.

It's not a prayer or curse, it's a reality.

The problem of this country is bigger than the country itself.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Hotzone(m): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2019
Write4me:
Thank God OP used shocked the right word. SINK!! And it goes down the drain as always.
�‍♂️
Mugu, OP ain’t publishing, rather he copied from daily trust news

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Guestlander: 11:26am On Oct 18, 2019
Write4me:
Thank God OP used the right word. SINK!! And it goes down the drain as always.
�‍♂️

Pessimism and defeatist attitude induced by many years of broken promises.
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by chozzy: 11:27am On Oct 18, 2019
I weep for this Banana Republic
called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Afonja007: 11:28am On Oct 18, 2019
Another wind fall for northern cabals, hope mamman daura go share it well

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Emmanitebest: 11:29am On Oct 18, 2019
YOU WANT TO RUN ADS ON YOUR BUSINESS by

Advertising it on;
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram and
Google

DM me on +2347063781702
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by johnmattew: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2019
Tekecoms1:
They should just channel all this VAT of a thing wisely already just so we can enjoy its purpose.
this is it....if they should use the VAT wisely on infrastructure only or debt servicing,that would be profitable
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by HowDareU: 11:31am On Oct 18, 2019
Another avenue to siphon the common wealth from a meaningless cash cow; a basket filled with garganduan loop holes. Nigerians can be taken for a ride no more. Check my blog for all things safety and security: www.securitymattersafrica.com
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Oluwaseun0704(m): 11:35am On Oct 18, 2019
They should use the 915billion to buy 60k generator for us.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Cregon: 11:37am On Oct 18, 2019
SINK

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by PropertyBase: 11:39am On Oct 18, 2019
Write4me:
�‍♂️

They sinking billions... It is well

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by seunmohmoh(f): 11:45am On Oct 18, 2019
I can see the the money sinking

Deep deep

Into their pockets

Sing along � �

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by enewspapers(m): 11:45am On Oct 18, 2019
This is the headline of today's Daily Trust newspaper.
You can read newspapers on your phone(cover to cover) with this android app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.haneef.enewspapers.enewspapers

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by einsteine(m): 11:45am On Oct 18, 2019
princeade86:
another loan for electricity. why can't them kuku sell phcn to individual like communication, so that NEPA staff won't exhausts us again if they have many rivals and we have many options?

Power is not like telecoms. You can use any network on your phone but you can't connect to different transformers and switch when you like. Power everywhere is usually a monopoly.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by hybridblood07(m): 11:46am On Oct 18, 2019
Albert Einstein said of hr had an hour to solve an issue, he will use 55 minutes to identity the problem and 5 mins to clarify.

I'm still wondering why we can't have at least 17hours constant power all over the nation despite all the trillions that have been invested into power sector.

It's obvious these set of politicians divert some part of the funds into their pocket which is not right.

In my own opinion, I think Military regime will fix Nigeria issues in this age.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by obidark: 11:46am On Oct 18, 2019
did you people know that their is a powerplant in the south east that has capacity of over 8000megawatt since even before independence....??
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 18, 2019
Another money to be wasted.

We help sell your imported goods faster and cheaper.
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by globalresource: 11:47am On Oct 18, 2019
Must you borrow
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by donaldde2: 11:48am On Oct 18, 2019
No wahala. Una still Dey keep loaning more money with the huge debt on ground. Make una just lemme know when all d owner of this money wan come collect am so that I go find my way out of this debt country o before them turn me to slave. because I don’t know where and how una wan take pay back all dis debt o

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by mamaafrik(m): 11:49am On Oct 18, 2019
I didn't read anything about mambila in this borrowing,make F.G discentralize the TCN into Geopolitical zones and sell the unit under a transparent bidding.
Power is key to our survival.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by kjhova(m): 11:50am On Oct 18, 2019
Some Nigerians just love bad news.
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by PennywysCares(m): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2019
Write4me:
�‍♂️
you are the real G

U make the first to comment with the right word
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by kjhova(m): 11:54am On Oct 18, 2019
hybridblood07:
Albert Einstein said of hr had an hour to solve an issue, he will use 55 minutes to identity the problem and 5 mins to clarify.

I'm still wondering why we can't have at least 17hours constant power all over the nation despite all the trillions that have been invested into power sector.

It's obvious these set of politicians divert some part of the funds into their pocket which is not right.

In my own opinion, I think Military regime will fix Nigeria issues in this age.

You have asked honestly so I will try my best to explain a few things.

For Nigeria to have adequate electricity supply across board, we need to generate enough electricity. Then we need to have a robust transmission network to ferry it across the nation to sub-stations where distribution lines take it to the end user. Finally, the end user must pay fair price promptly to ensure adequate margins to keep the value chain going.

We do not generate enough electricity. Nigeria's capacity is currently 7,000MW out of which our average output is often under 5,000MW.
The existing GENCOs apparently don't have the financial means to invest in expansion or do not see the point of it under the current state of things.

The transmission line is aging and outdated. It will cost a lot to revamp and expand the entire thing. We have to borrow significantly to even make any impact at all.

The distribution companies are mostly financially incapable of carrying out any expansion work. Apart from 2 or 3 Discos, the others are near insolvent.

Yes, a lot of theft has been committed in the past in the name of contracts to improve electricity. However, in the past couple of years, the sector has become private sector driven and government funding is now mostly in form of loans and guarantees to the private players.

The main challenge now is funding and technology. The money is simply not there! We might require about $20B (i.e. N7.2Trillion) to increase our generation capacity to 50,000MW. This does not include costs applicable to transmission, distribution etc. This figure is already 70% of our 2020 budget!!
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by koldej(m): 11:54am On Oct 18, 2019
habaa...see as dem dae use us collect billion loans evriday....chai! dere will b war in heaven btwn me Nd d angel DAT directed me to nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by obidark: 11:54am On Oct 18, 2019
nigeria already have powerplants that have capacity of over 20000megawatt....

but our nigerian greed would not allow anything to work....

bottleneck is thoes discos....

we shouldnt have privatized the power sector.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by deenee: 11:59am On Oct 18, 2019
From the comments here, it is apparent that slot of people don't havea single clue about the intrigues in the power sector.
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Mike008(m): 11:59am On Oct 18, 2019
Sink kwa! If all that money sought to be sunk is actually sunken for the real purpose be...
A good proportion of it usually sinks, sank and is undoubtedly sunken into the coffers of the you-know-whos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governors Hijacking LG Funds Will Face Trial – Presidency / Lawmakers Struggling To Shake President Buhari During Budget Presentation / More Pictures & Video From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.