Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail (4803 Views)

Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic / Abuja Capital Of Arewa Republic / Arewa Republic Changes Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Jbenue: 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2010
Hi, I have noticed in recent months the increased clamour by our brothers in the North for secession from the entity Nigeria. Like any long suffering southerner my heart was racing with excitement at the prospect. For years I have thought that the ultra conservitive, alien, impossible,and backwards North was the achillies heel of Nigeria.
But now on second thoughts I actually dont want them to go!!!! Call it afrocentric but since watching the African World Cup in the summer and seeing what Africans are capable of once united, if filled me with a sense of hope that we Nigerians arent just beating a dead horse with this nation.
With the milk of african compassion and kindness now oozing from within I started to ponder, would the North actually survive on its own (even if they took abuja). The answer to that question is a resounding no!!!!

Here are 5 well qualified reasons why it wouldnt

1- The proposed Arewa would be a LANDLOCKED Republic.( Chad+ Niger come to mind  cry)
2- Nigeria is only tolerated on the world stage because of Oil even with that look how we are treated, so imagine disedent Nigerians without oil lol. ( Unless they find oil quick in Lake Chad)
3- In Nigeria 55% of the population is under the age of 20. In Arewa its 65%  thats a lot of almajaris grin lol.
4- What generally happens to poor Islamic states with high youth population and unemployment- Al Qaida shocked!!!!!!!!
5- And Perhaps the most terrifying aspect to this destined Titanic is Northern Politicians i.e. IBB need i say more cry!!!!

I guess the point I am trying to make is, there are a lot of sections of the the country clamouring for disintergration. But rather lets unite and not just be pround Nigerians but be pround Africans, because its only when united that africa can tackle all its problems and in so doing lifting itself out of shame and depression.

VIVA AFRICA
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by auwal87(m): 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2010
Let me start from the bottom up.

Your points are not qualified at all, you know why Arewa people are not doing anything at the moment? Because they are Lazy, do you know why they are Lazy? Because of Oil.

5- IBB and Co are all going to die soon, new fresh bloods will emerge soon, with hearts of courage to empower our people

4- Arewa unlike any other Muslim countries are far more liberal, some few bad elements emerge because of poverty and seeking name only, but Arewa will be just like Turkey in Europe, or Malaysia in Asia, or Bahrain in Middle East.

3- Almajirai are a great resource for Arewa Republic, in no time, they will disappear from the streets, 65% that is not fear, we have more civil servants than any region in Nigeria, go to the ministries in Abuja and other states of Arewa, they are all from Arewa (at least 90%). This is the reality, we have qualified doctors, qualified engineers (go to ABU Zaria and see those behind the Nuclear project, they are all from Arewa), we have Business Gurus (Arewa even though it doesn't have sea ports, most of the distributions are carried from here, I have never seen someone traveling from Arewa to Odua or Biafra to purchase imported food stuffs, but you will see lots of them coming to Arewa to purchase imported stuffs, go to Singer market in Kano, you will see what I am telling you, that markets carries transactions worth billions of naira every single day, why? Because we consume. See Arewa, only those who are ignorant about the country will tell you we only have Almajirai. Because that's what you see in the south.

2- NO! A big NO! Oil is only a curse to Nigeria, only the wicked countries look at Nigeria with like that. The good countries want Nigeria to get their facts right, abandon oil, or at least depend less on oil, develop other sectors, generate employment. You see having an Oil in Nigeria is only a curse to Arewa because it made our people lazy and depends heavily on salaries and revenues from the federal government. But by the time there is no oil, people will understand, and they will wake up to the reality. They will ask question to themselves. What about if this people abandon us, what should we tell our children and grand children, what have we done for them?

1- Yes, Landlocked, but see also in Europe::::
Andorra
Armenia
Austria
Belarus
Czech Republic
Vatican City (Holy See)
Hungary
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Moldova
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Switzerland

They are all landlocked countries. Aren't they better than Nigeria in terms of Anything?

Boy, wake up, Arewa is not what you think it is;

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Afam4eva(m): 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2010
How does a country being landlocked affect it being a country. na wa for people sha

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by DapoBear(m): 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2010
Jbenue:

1- The proposed Arewa would be a LANDLOCKED Republic.( Chad+ Niger come to mind  cry)
Doesn't really matter. Chad and Niger suck not only because they are landlocked, but also because they don't get enough rainwater and don't have enough trade/industry/business.

2- Nigeria is only tolerated on the world stage because of Oil even with that look how we are treated, so imagine disedent Nigerians without oil lol. ( Unless they find oil quick in Lake Chad)
This is dumb. How would it hurt an Arewa Republic in practice? Or conversely, how does having oil increase your prestige? You can be a potato farming country and have as much prestige as an oil producing one. All the matter is the DOLLAR value of the thing you export. Billion dollar potato country is better than a 50 million oil country.

3- In Nigeria 55% of the population is under the age of 20. In Arewa its 65%  thats a lot of almajaris grin lol.
Youth are a valuable asset, if educated. If uneducated, then yes, they'd be a liability.

4- What generally happens to poor Islamic states with high youth population and unemployment- Al Qaida shocked!!!!!!!!
African Islam is not really going to be a fertile ground for radical islam. By and large, African Muslim leaders seem to be against radical Wahhabi Islam. It is a threat to their power, if nothing else; if they lose prestige, then power goes to foreign Arab Wahabis.

5- And Perhaps the most terrifying aspect to this destined Titanic is Northern Politicians i.e. IBB need i say more cry!!!!
Northern politcians cannot be as successful in an Arewa Republic. There is no oil money to steal. So how would they operate?

I guess the point I am trying to make is, there are a lot of sections of the the country clamouring for disintergration. But rather lets unite and not just be pround Nigerians but be pround Africans, because its only when united that africa can tackle all its problems and in so doing lifting itself out of shame and depression.
Nope, best solution is for Nigeria to break apart. 40+ years of no progress and stagnation means we must try something new.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Jbenue: 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ AUWAL87

you are obviosly smart i like that im not going to insult you
with regards to all those european landlocked countries that are  prosperous let me take. switzerland, they have gr8 link with thier nieghbours and has been in existand since 1500. in this increasingly competive world do you expect a weak country like Half of nigeria cuz thats what arewa is to prosper? No big Fish like europe and america will just eat it up not give it a chance to grow. as bad as  nigeria is its done well to get where it has. Both the u.s and britain  have diliberate policies to hinder nigerias growth Its true.
anyway back to my point about being landlocked its great to aspire at the upper scale of prosperous landlocked countries but look closer to home like Niger and Mali. 2 LL countries with abundant gold resources but becuase of its LLness it is Isolated. Thats my point.
@ Dapo Bear
Sure desetification is already happening in Northern Nigeria
so i am valid. having a shoreline is one of the biggest assets any civilization can have especially in the C21th.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Hadone(m): 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2010
auwal87:

Your points are not qualified at all, you know why Arewa people are not doing anything at the moment? Because they are Lazy, do you know why they are Lazy? Because of Oil.

5- IBB and Co are all going to die soon, new fresh bloods will emerge soon, with hearts of courage to empower our people

4- Arewa unlike any other Muslim countries are far more liberal, some few bad elements emerge because of poverty and seeking name only, but Arewa will be just like Turkey in Europe, or Malaysia in Asia, or Bahrain in Middle East.

3- Almajirai are a great resource for Arewa Republic, in no time, they will disappear from the streets, 65% that is not fear, we have more civil servants than any region in Nigeria, go to the ministries in Abuja and other states of Arewa, they are all from Arewa (at least 90%). This is the reality, we have qualified doctors, qualified engineers (go to ABU Zaria and see those behind the Nuclear project, they are all from Arewa), we have Business Gurus (Arewa even though it doesn't have sea ports, most of the distributions are carried from here, I have never seen someone traveling from Arewa to Odua or Biafra to purchase imported food stuffs, but you will see lots of them coming to Arewa to purchase imported stuffs, go to Singer market in Kano, you will see what I am telling you, that markets carries transactions worth billions of naira every single day, why? Because we consume. See Arewa, only those who are ignorant about the country will tell you we only have Almajirai. Because that's what you see in the south.

2- NO! A big NO! Oil is only a curse to Nigeria, only the wicked countries look at Nigeria with like that. The good countries want Nigeria to get their facts right, abandon oil, or at least depend less on oil, develop other sectors, generate employment. You see having an Oil in Nigeria is only a curse to Arewa because it made our people lazy and depends heavily on salaries and revenues from the federal government. But by the time there is no oil, people will understand, and they will wake up to the reality. They will ask question to themselves. What about if this people abandon us, what should we tell our children and grand children, what have we done for them?

Andorra
Armenia
Austria
Belarus
Czech Republic
Vatican City (Holy See)
Hungary
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Moldova
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Switzerland

They are all landlocked countries. Aren't they better than Nigeria in terms of Anything?

[size=18pt]Seconded!![/size]
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by aljharem(m): 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2010
auwal87:

Andorra
Armenia
Austria
Belarus
Czech Republic
Vatican City (Holy See)
Hungary
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Moldova
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Switzerland

gbam gbam gbam

one we secede, thing would get better for us
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Beaf: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2010
@Jbenue
Are you from Benue?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by auwal87(m): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2010
Jbenue:

@ AUWAL87

you are obviosly smart i like that im not going to insult you
with regards to all those european landlocked countries that are  prosperous let me take. switzerland, they have gr8 link with thier nieghbours and has been in existand since 1500. in this increasingly competive world do you expect a weak country like Half of nigeria cuz thats what arewa is to prosper? No big Fish like europe and america will just eat it up not give it a chance to grow. as bad as  nigeria is its done well to get where it has. Both the u.s and britain  have diliberate policies to hinder nigerias growth Its true.
anyway back to my point about being landlocked its great to aspire at the upper scale of prosperous landlocked countries but look closer to home like Niger and Mali. 2 LL countries with abundant gold resources but becuase of its LLness it is Isolated. Thats my point.
@ Dapo Bear
Sure desetification is already happening in Northern Nigeria
so i am valid. having a shoreline is one of the biggest assets any civilization can have especially in the C21th.

See, Arewa Republic is having good neighbours whom we can work together to succeed.

From Kano to a Libyan port its only 2,000 km. By building rail in partnership with Niger Republic and Libyan governments, Arewa Republic can continue to do business even without the Lagos Port. Even now, most of goods imported by people of Arewa are diverted through Cotonou, Benin Republic >>> Maradi, Niger Republic >>> Katsina, Nigeria >>> Kano, Nigeria. So why not Libya >>> Niger >>> Arewa ?

Desertification is not a Northern Nigerian Problem, it is a world problem, so don't think it is a curse to Northern Nigeria, just search Desertification Google and you will see the Alaskas in USA coming out.

In the 21st century, even without shoreline, you will survive, because we have technology to use Rails, to use Roads, and to use Air Cargos.

So, we too have great link with our neighbours, and great opportunities lies ahead after separating from Nigeria.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Beaf: 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2010
^
Without education, you are in dreamland. Any country with an illiterate populace will fail in the modern World, 10 million almajiri's is an unsustainable figure that only portends doom.
That said, I wish Arewa every success. May your prayers come to pass and may you secede.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by oludashmi(f): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2010
auwal87:

Andorra
Armenia
Austria
Belarus
Czech Republic
Vatican City (Holy See)
Hungary
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Moldova
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Switzerland

Auwal, I love your confidence.
I love this comment.
I cant do better, but take this kiss

Oil is a curse in Nigeria, without it we will even survive better.
Before the discovery of oil, Nigeria lived majorly on cocoa from the SW, then supported by groundnut from the north and rubber and palm oil from the East. Naira as at then was N1 to $1, so whats the need for the oil?

@OP, if the disintegration of Nigeria is what you think of, then it is good for you to know that every part will suffer at first but will later put themselves together to do the right thing.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2010
I'm sure disintegrating will not solve any problems.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Jbenue: 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ Beaf

Yes I am Man and Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Jbenue: 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2010
yes yes b4 oil we were this we were that, ppl stop being so naive if Africa is going to have an iota of influence in world decision making it needs too united no disembark,

as for arewa being a success its nothing but Fantasy. If People can not work together when they are one country what makes you think they will when they are two!!
Its stupidity, Arewa will be worse than Nigeria is now. I hate to say it but apart from Kano, Whereelse in the north is "Educated". I say that tentatively because some fool will say now "my mallam get degree". By educated I mean a center of Learning and culture.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by MaiSuya(m): 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2010
oludashmi:

[color=#000099]Auwal, I love your confidence.
I love this comment.
I cant do better, but take this kiss

You have to it hand to Awual; the guy certainly knows his onions. Pity he doesn't post more often.

Note however not every northerner is in support of the breakup.

Jbenue:

Whereelse in the north is "Educated". I say that tentatively because some fool will say now "my mallam get degree". By educated I mean a center of Learning and culture.

You are not making sense here.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by DapoBear(m): 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2010
auwal87:

See, Arewa Republic is having good neighbours whom we can work together to succeed.

From Kano to a Libyan port its only 2,000 km. By building rail in partnership with Niger Republic and Libyan governments, Arewa Republic can continue to do business even without the Lagos Port. Even now, most of goods imported by people of Arewa are diverted through Cotonou, Benin Republic >>> Maradi, Niger Republic >>> Katsina, Nigeria >>> Kano, Nigeria. So why not Libya >>> Niger >>> Arewa ?
I don't think this is even an issue. Why would Lagos want to lose the northern business and give it away to Libya and Niger? We want the additional revenue.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by udezue(m): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2010
Jbenue,

Yes they will make it. If you don't want your damn country thats fine but quit talking trash. Your 5 reasons are quite silly as far as I am concerned. Why is a Benue man begging the Hausa-Fulani to be with him sef? Another Middlebelt slowpoke. God Bless Arewa Republic. I can't wait for Almajiri people to go back to their country with their camels.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Obiagu1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2010
Every part will definitely suffer at first but the beauty of it is that every part will try to rediscover who they are and work harder. Those with oil will be worse off because of massive embezzlement and looting and they probably will be the first to experience civil war. This “Nigeria killer”, tribalism and suspicion won’t be there anymore or will be greatly reduced. After the first 15-20yrs, every part will start to grow again.

@ auwal87
That’s why I laugh when I hear landlocked. What happened to rail lines?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Solomon227(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2010
Jbenue:

Hi, I have noticed in recent months the increased clamour by our brothers in the North for secession from the entity Nigeria. Like any long suffering southerner my heart was racing with excitement at the prospect. For years I have thought that the ultra conservitive, alien, impossible,and backwards North was the achillies heel of Nigeria.
But now on second thoughts I actually dont want them to go!!!! Call it afrocentric but since watching the African WC in the summer and seeing what Africans are capable of once united, if filled me with a sense of hope that we Nigerians arent just beating a dead horse with this nation.
With the milk of african compassion and kindness now oozing from within I started to ponder, would the North actually survive on its own (even if they took abuja). The answer to that question is a resounding no!!!!

1- The proposed Arewa would be a LANDLOCKED Republic.( Chad+ Niger come to mind cry)
3- In Nigeria 55% of the population is under the age of 20. In Arewa its 65% thats a lot of almajaris grin lol.

VIVA AFRICA

Guy which one be your own? If Arewa wan go how he take affect u ? And if u happen to belong to d Plateu, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa or Benue and will feel more comfortable with d south why not talk to Becomerich to redraw the map?!
Just when Almighty Allah is quetly answering our age-long prayers that Arewa should leave peacefully so that I wont have to hang my neat suit and carry AK47 for d final showdown u are reminding them they will suffer if they leave.
Abeg Auwal no mind d boy. The Arewa of our dream will be:
* The most prosperous of all world nations with 100s of solid minerals buried on our land from West to East
* We shall have 100% Sharia law guiding our lives with no dilution from the Kafers from the South
* We can now freely and wholly join the committe of prospering Islamic nations of the North Africa and Midle East
* We can mary any girl even from pregnancy without being disturbed by one stupid Cannon-inclined Nigeria constitution
* Our wifes and children will have liberty from doing any form of work as commanded by the Prophets (ASWAL)
* We are ready to leave the South with their rituals, kidnapping, millitancy, unrighteousness, 419, drug trafficking and adultery

Fellow Northerners YES WE CAN. Let start pressuring our leaders Ciroma that he should tell Jonathan we need a meeting to separate from the rest of the country now. We Northerners are tired of Nigeria. Sai Arewa

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Obiagu1(m): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2010
Solomon227:

Guy which one be your own? If Arewa wan go how he take affect u ? And if u happen to belong to d Plateu, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa or Benue and will feel more comfortable with d south why not talk to Becomerich to redraw the map?!
Just when Almighty Allah is quetly answering our age-long prayers that Arewa should leave peacefully so that I wont have to hang my neat suit and carry AK47 for d final showdown u are reminding them they will suffer if they leave.
Abeg Auwal no mind d boy. The Arewa of our dream will be:
* The most prosperous of all world nations with 100s of solid minerals buried on our land from West to East
* We shall have 100% Sharia law guiding our lives with no dilution from the Kafers from the South
* We can now freely and wholly join the committe of prospering Islamic nations of the North Africa and Midle East
* We can mary any girl even from pregnancy without being disturbed by one silly Cannon-inclined Nigeria constitution
* Our wifes and children will have liberty from doing any form of work as commanded by the Prophets (ASWAL)
* We are ready to leave the South with their rituals, kidnapping, millitancy, unrighteousness, 419, drug trafficking and adultery

Fellow Northerners YES WE CAN. Let start pressuring our leaders Ciroma that he should tell Jonathan we need a meeting to separate from the rest of the country now. We Northerners are tired of Nigeria. Sai Arewa

Amen!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by chyz(m): 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2010
JBenue,

I can't believe that you can say such a thing about the arewa people. I am disgusted just disgusted and I demand you give them an apology. If one asks Allah to provide,will he not send down fruit? They can and will survive. Look don't be so spineless. The best thing we can do is to help them pack their shyt and get the fucck out ok? Be nice man.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Jbenue: 7:17pm On Nov 09, 2010
We can mary any girl even from pregnancy without being disturbed by one silly Cannon-inclined Nigeria constitution.     What a peado.

ppl dont seem to be getting this Landlocked thing. Now if Arewa was to come to fruition it would happen under a cloud of contention with the south, it will not be a clean break as some of you thing, Knowing africa ethnic clensing might even come into place on both sides. So arewa would be stuck within the ever creeping sahara on one side and a hostile neighbour on the other. and without oil money to keep the one already decrepit international airport it has going Im am afraid Arewa would be isolated. And this fantasy about the North African Arabs coming to the aid of their muslim brothers of arewa is just that a Fantasy. Let me tell you we subsaharans are nothing to them apart from kaffirs . An egyptian is offended if you call him african. Black men are regularly discriminated in Arab countries Worse than they are in Western countries even!!! Tunisia and Morocco both applied for entrance into the E.U. They look upon Africa as an embarrasing association. Believe me Arewa would be no more better than Niger, Chad, Mali, or Mauritania

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
chyz:

JBenue,

I can't believe that you can say such a thing about the arewa people. I am disgusted just disgusted and I demand you give them an apology. If one asks Allah to provide,will he not send down fruit? They can and will survive. Look don't be so spineless. The best thing we can do is to help them pack their shyt and get the fucck out ok? Be nice man.

Oh boy, your own just dey craze grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

Nope, best solution is for Nigeria to break apart. .
Best solution to what? So you can bring up your childish ideas of creating an utopia? Why are you even on a Nigerian forum if the mere existence of Nigeria bothers you that much.
It really is none of your business, as a yank, if Nigeria decides to stay united for the next 1000 years.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2010
auwal87:

See how arrogant and ignorant you sound.These countries are in fact in much better shape than ANY African country and in many more ways than you can even imagine. But if you think having a population of millions of unemployable Islamic fanatics is desirable and can easily be harnessed you are really living in cloud cuckoo land.
Look at Somalia to get a more realistic picture
As for your assertion that they are lazy because they depend on oil. If I may ask what is the percentage of the people in the north that are employed or contracted by the government? Are most not hustling and struggling by themselves?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by hakanai(m): 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2010
Jbenue:

But now on second thoughts I actually dont want them to go!!!! Call it afrocentric but since watching the African World Cup in the summer and seeing what Africans are capable of once united, if filled me with a sense of hope that we Nigerians arent just beating a dead horse with this nation.

VIVA AFRICA

Like you sound,it is your understanding of the situation.personally i think where there is competition we would do better.Divide is okay.Jbenue listen to yourself, then look within.Would you want to define your relationship with people of the south,North and your own people?i say yes if i was you.
Its only when the heat comes do you see everyone wake up.i can bet you that the north has change atitude.People talk school and hope to be educated.Even islamic scholars hammer the issue of western education more than before.Change is the only constant thing.forget your fears i believe the north will do just fine when the challenges come.Jbenue you can still be your own country.eg lestho!!!!

auwal87:

Andorra
Armenia
Austria
Belarus
Czech Republic
Vatican City (Holy See)
Hungary
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Moldova
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Switzerland

This is inspiring.i cant keep watching my back or spending countless hours to tell my neigbours,they don't understand me.Lets be with people we can trust or share defined relationships with.Landlocked can be resovled through collabrotions.we have kainji HEP and the Niger agreements. More can be settled as need be.food for oil etc. ECOWAS trading relations! grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by idupaul: 4:04pm On Nov 10, 2010
Why are we all imagining what an arewa nation wil look like. Pls we just have to look at Niger and chad. Believe me it wil be no dif for arewa

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by kcng: 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2010
SEE ALL THESE LAZY PEOPLE WHO HATE MALAM'S.YOU FIT FARM?DO YOU REMEBER WHAT HAPPENED IN LAGOS WHEN THEY REFUSED TO BRING THEIR TOMATOES DOWN SOUTH? YOU PEOPLE JUST TALK YOU DONT THINK.ALL THE COMPONENTS OF NIGERIA NEED EACH OTHER TO SURVIVE.ALL WE NEED NOW IS A NATIONAL CONFERENCE WHERE WE ALL AGREE ON HOW TO LEAVE TOGETHER.THATS JUST OUR PROBLEM NO- MORE  NO-LESS.
BUT GEJ SAYS NO , CAUSE OBJ AND OTHER ENEMIES ON NIGERIA  SAY NO, BUT NIGERIA WILL GO TO THE ROUND TABLE COME 2011, AND SORT OUT OUR DIFFERENCES. WITHOUT GEJ AND OBJ, BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by hakanai(m): 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2010
Jbenue:

We can mary any girl even from pregnancy without being disturbed by one silly Cannon-inclined Nigeria constitution.     What a peado.

ppl dont seem to be getting this Landlocked thing. Now if Arewa was to come to fruition it would happen under a cloud of contention with the south, it will not be a clean break as some of you thing, Knowing africa ethnic clensing might even come into place on both sides. So arewa would be stuck within the ever creeping sahara on one side and a hostile neighbour on the other. and without oil money to keep the one already decrepit international airport it has going Im am afraid Arewa would be isolated. And this fantasy about the North African Arabs coming to the aid of their muslim brothers of arewa is just that a Fantasy. Let me tell you we subsaharans are nothing to them apart from kaffirs . An egyptian is offended if you call him african. Black men are regularly discriminated in Arab countries Worse than they are in Western countries even!!! Tunisia and Morocco both applied for entrance into the E.U. They look upon Africa as an embarrasing association. Believe me Arewa would be no more better than Niger, Chad, Mali, or Mauritania

Noted, we will look into it and aspire for the best things.where they fail we will be different.hopefully it may be bumpy first and later on better.I dont even fully know the problem of my village.simply cos i think Naija.so with that issue set aside we could look within.like i said jbenue,rather than lose confidence and discourage others.start thinking benue.for me i think this is the future.God willing, we will survive like we did before the colonizations.
Necessity is alot to people and motivation.when deprived we will see better and learn about us more than this.WAR is not required as we could be neighbors and economic partners.All with mutual respect for each other.Atleast all the Igbos will require Visa and may add a little more tax to our new nations. grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by hakanai(m): 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2010
idupaul:

Why are we all imagining what an arewa nation wil look like. Pls we just have to look at Niger and chad. Believe me it wil be no dif for arewa

Even now we give them food aid and as such we are better.i don't remember any southern states doing such to them.They Niger and chadians are all over the north doing one thing or the other.the south sees fewer than the ones that have integrated into the north.No thanks to porous borders(which will later be addressed).The food aid is because we have alot to share and sale down south.nothing to do with oil.Take the subsidy away we add value to farm products.
We have the market to consume them.Alot to me can change but, only when the challenge is there. wink About us being like chad and Niger may be non of your business.Maybe you will become like congo too!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by aljharem(m): 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2010
haka_nai:

Even now we give them food aid and as such we are better.i don't remember any southern states doing such to them.They Niger and chadians are all over the north doing one thing or the other.the south sees fewer than the ones that have integrated into the north.No thanks to porous borders(which will later be addressed).The food aid is because we have alot to share and sale down south.nothing to do with oil.Take the subsidy away we add value to farm products.
We have the market to consume them.Alot to me can change but, only when the challenge is there. wink About us being like chad and Niger may be non of your business.Maybe you will become like congo too!
gbam gbam gbam!!!!

all an average southerner sees is the north having almajiri, desert etc

i bet u they do not know they way they would suffer if we leave nigeria for them

Allah ya sa albarka jumhuriyan arewa
Re: 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail by DapoBear(m): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2010
kcng:

SEE ALL THESE LAZY PEOPLE WHO HATE MALAM'S.YOU FIT FARM?DO YOU REMEBER WHAT HAPPENED IN LAGOS WHEN THEY REFUSED TO BRING THEIR TOMATOES DOWN SOUTH? YOU PEOPLE JUST TALK YOU DONT THINK.ALL THE COMPONENTS OF NIGERIA NEED EACH OTHER TO SURVIVE.ALL WE NEED NOW IS A NATIONAL CONFERENCE WHERE WE ALL AGREE ON HOW TO LEAVE TOGETHER.THATS JUST OUR PROBLEM NO- MORE  NO-LESS.
BUT GEJ SAYS NO , CAUSE OBJ AND OTHER ENEMIES ON NIGERIA  SAY NO, BUT NIGERIA WILL GO TO THE ROUND TABLE COME 2011, AND SORT OUT OUR DIFFERENCES. WITHOUT GEJ AND OBJ, BY THE GRACE OF GOD

Eh, we don't need to be in the same country to trade, buddy. Split the country up but do a NAFTA style trade treaty. Everyone wins.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Terrorism: Britain Joins The Fight / APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War / Photo: See Obasanjo In His Farm Back In 1979

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.