Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London (74592 Views)

Duoye Diri Honours NDU's First Female First Class Law Graduate, Ebizi Eradiri / The Cake Made For An English Graduate Of Ambrose Alli University / Pastor Adeboye Gifts 4 First Class Law Students Wigs And Gowns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Khaleell001(m): 9:05am On Oct 19, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
did u read about a third class graduate lasu who later became best PhD graduate unilag... environment,psychology,finance matters a lot

You are using one case to give a general comparison.
Or we don't have thousands of Nigerians studying abroad?
How many of them end up with this kind of "happily ever after " stories?
Give us stats, give us facts or even numbers and let's see how your argument stands.

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 9:05am On Oct 19, 2019
DNSPro:

A guy left Nigeria with lower credit, went to the the US and made a first class..

The person I am talking about is a nairaland member who shared his story with us.

If somebody had an issue or wasnt able to fulfil his potential in Nigeria, but came upon better circumstances or less distractions in the US and was able to better himself, why must you turn it into an avenue to bash others The ways people are taught and assessed in Nigeria and in other countries are totally different

The primary and secondary curricula in Nigeria are often more advanced because we start university at 16 while other countries start at 18. And its based on the old O-level system from the British, which is more challenging than what they are teaching nowadays. So it would be easier for the average Nigerian student to grasp the material in another country.

Thats all you need to say! Give clear evidence for your opinion and stop looking for ways to look down on people

In other countries there is more emphasis on practical work, research, publications and innovation. No need to keep cramming pages and pages of notes from 1982 about the theory of whatever. They will just learn the basics and get straight to the point

You people want all other countries to start behaving like Nigeria so you can feel better

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Khaleell001(m): 9:08am On Oct 19, 2019
Softenergy:
Can she win an argument in court?
No!
You don't corrupt the court only with money, but by other means.
When she rises up to present an argument, simply have someone arranged to switch off the air-conditioners, within minutes, she will ask for adjournment and the presiding judge will agree.

You are not making any sense.

How is AC connected to what someone has Upstairs?

Some of you just type nonsense without thinking.

For the benefit of doubt, can you narrate any experience whether real or from hear say?

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 9:08am On Oct 19, 2019
OChimex:

Maybe they meant that the stress one goes through in our universities couple with lack of learning facilities, sound and unbiased lecturers; not conducive environment, hunger, malaria, and barrages of sicking news around Nigeria make it fantastically impossible to achieve the deserved academic excellence.

So if one gets Third Class under these unfavorable conditions in Nigeria, probably that person will get first class in any institutions in the Western world without those bedevilling challenges ?

Of course that is true but they are being vindictive about it. Of course somebody who grew up in harsh conditions will fly high in easier conditions.

But the way theyre trying to minimise somebodys achievement is pathetic to see

Its actually paining them that someone achieved something
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 9:11am On Oct 19, 2019
jnoz23:

I be pure isoko boy o! But you are not the first to say I resemble those people sha!

Lol isoko wado! you for kuku learn hausa, go up there and collect one of them, Maybe they wont even flog you first cheesy
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Khaleell001(m): 9:14am On Oct 19, 2019
eldeens:
No shades, but when I interpret that result in my department on a Nigerian 5 scale point grading system, it will come down to Second Class Upper

With your disorganized schooling system?

What kind dead,misolaced thinking some of you have?

Many your lecturers will die to have her certificate if they were give such opportunity, but one of their students who is suppose to be logical is comparing apples to grapes.

Stop behaving like the Aesop fox.

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 9:14am On Oct 19, 2019
philipobiz:

This is recircled post. Mod do you have interest in the poster or Maryam?

To be honest I think he is her father.

"Abu Maryam" means "Papa Maryam"
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Softenergy(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2019
Khaleell001:

You are not making any sense.

How is AC connected to what someone has Upstairs?

Some of you just type nonsense without thinking.

For the benefit of doubt, can you narrate any experience whether real or from hear say?
How many lawyers can cope with outdated British tweed law suit, in non airy, non air-conditioned court room?
Or haven't you heard or read of a presiding judge adjoining a case.
1: No security aide
2: Light failure
Get out from your ideal world and spend some times in a junk yard
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

No one is talking about ranking which is what u talking about. Folks are only saying its easier for a Nigerian or anyone to get a first in d UK than in a Nigerian public school

Then they should say it like that and stop bringing their inferiority complex into it

She didnt school in Nigeria so what is the point of them saying it
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2019
mu2sa2:
Look closely at the certificate:"Bachelor of laws with, Honours First Class" - either the certificate is fake or the university authorities don't know the basic rule of placing comma. Again, how can a university worth the name award a Bachelor of Laws "in law". Do you award Bachelor of laws in any discipline other than law?

Its not a comma its just dirt/dust

They are specifying the degree type and the subject

Like "Bachelor of Arts, with degree in English"

"Bachelor of Science, with degree in Physics"

LLB has its own name so thats why it looks like that
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:

By your moniker one can tell your occupation. It's was the Henny in me that quoted you earlier. I don't exchange with farm tools. grin

Im grateful that you've admitted that youre a drunkard. Maybe you will tell us that you showed up drunk to all your "foreign" examinations and still scored 100%

Rubbish human being. Its your generation thats full of farm tools
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Khaleell001(m): 9:27am On Oct 19, 2019
Softenergy:

How many lawyers can cope with outdated British tweed law suit, in non airy, non air-conditioned court room?
Or haven't you heard or read of a presiding judge adjoining a case.
1: No security aide
2: Light failure
Get out from your ideal world and spend some times in a junk yard

Oga, learn how to place your argument.

You talked about corruption in the system which you thought would or had favored her. Then you jumped to switching off the AC to make it look "uncomfortable" for her.
And I asked a simple question: which is, how is AC connected with what she has upstairs?
Now you are bringing other aspects to your point which I didn't address from you first quote.

See, when we are discussing about Amala don't bring Salad into our discussion simply because you are losing the argument
Remain on the topic, stop dribbling yourself.

Your argument was about making her uncomfortable with the court setting which I queried for a proper and a robust response.
I am very disappointed this is all you could muster with the way you were all over the place.

LESSON :
Don't try to pull people down simply because they are better or had it better than you.
Just appreciate them, pray for them and move on with your life.
This is more healthier and helpful to us as a nation than this sick and diseased pull him down syndrome that has plagued many of you.

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2019
KingAzubuike:

How Nigerians really reason can be baffling atimes. They keep saying it's easy to make this and that abroad... You can only acheive such if you work hard and the UK educational system is designed for you to work hard and use your brains.. you on your own part wouldn't even want to burn the millions of naira (equivalent) you are paying as school fees so you gat no choice than to sit up. No Nigerian university is even among the best 1000 in the world yet see them running their mouth like tap.
Cc m!dnighter

Lol dont mind them... inferiority complex dey worry all of them

Uk universities should look up to Nigerian universities that go out of their way to frustrate their students, otherwise theyre not "serious" according to these backward people.

So UK policemen should start collecting £1 bribes and harassing people, otherwise theyre not "real" policemen. People just reason from their backside
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2019
Ibime:

In Queen Mary University? You're joking.

This is one of my former Alma mater. Them been nearly kill us with work. Every week, we had 4 serious pieces of homework to submit, all of which count toward your final grade. Each piece of work was like 2 to 4 hours of work.

Some Naija graduates cannot even form proper sentences. They would die in QM.

yes! anyone who knows anything knows that their Law department and Barts medical school are some of the most prestigious in the world

People who studied at some backwater community college in Ohio will come here and open their pus-infected orifices to say that 1st class is easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by mu2sa2: 9:40am On Oct 19, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Lol are you guys just follishly hyping the Nigerian educational system or what? Same Nigerian schools where students bribe their way through for grades, where employers complain there aren't employable, no Nigerian school university is even recognized in the world except for let's say unilag and that's even because it carries the name "Lagos"
Nigerian schools are quack and mediocre, non are even among the best 1k in the world before it used to be between 2k and 3k yet you're hating on someone who made a first class in a top 50 ranked university.

If you're in the UK or wherever, boy you'd be forced to sit up and read and use your brains. You on your part even want to waste the millions you've invested so you have no choice. Lecturers are good, every thing is standard, no lecturers hating or picking on you because you didn't greet him or you're dating his crush. So tell me why things won't work as planned ?
yeyeosoronga
All those gradings are just that, worthless. There are thousands of good universities around the world not in the so- called top 1000.
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by KevMitnick: 9:40am On Oct 19, 2019
I just want to meet her... that's all. grin
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by mu2sa2: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2019
midnighter:

Its not a comma its just dirt/dust

They are specifying the degree type and the subject

Like "Bachelor of Arts, with degree in English"

"Bachelor of Science, with degree in Physics"

LLB has its own name so thats why it looks like that
Look at the position of the comma again. How can a "world-class" universities allow such blunder on its most important documents?
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by ikay00406(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2019
The kind of comments I see here makes me sad.. That you bagged a 3rd class in a Nigerian University doesn't mean you can make a 1st class class at Queen Mary. My people suffer from lack of exposure..Nigerian mentality.. The average British is smarter than an average Nigerian.. That's the simple truth.. The British are problem solvers with alot of inventions to their name.. What does Nigeria have with all you so called smart folks "claiming to be smart". Look at the Chinese and Engineering, look at the Indians and medicine.. Even the textbooks you read through out your course at university are written by foreigners.. Think Guys.. Use ur six.. Hardship has nothing to with intelligence.. That you wrote an exam under a mango tree and failed doesn't mean that you will write the same exam under AC and pass.. EOD

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by jnoz23(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2019
midnighter:

Lol isoko wado! you for kuku learn hausa, go up there and collect one of them, Maybe they wont even flog you first cheesy

You no serious cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by KingAzubuike(f): 9:49am On Oct 19, 2019
mu2sa2:
All those gradings are just that, worthless. There are thousands of good universities around the world not in the so- called top 1000.
Yeah kid, unilag oau , ibadan etc are far better than the likes of Stanford , Yale, Princeton , Melbourne, Peking, Queen Mary etc.

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 9:52am On Oct 19, 2019
mu2sa2:
Look at the position of the comma again. How can a "world-class" universities allow such blunder on it's most important documents?

Lol Its your mentality that has comma and not the certificate

Look at the resolution of that so-called "comma" compared to the rest of the printed words. Why is the "comma" less sharply focused than the writing? Im telling you its just a piece of dust and youre still saying nonsense to console yourself and your poor result

Or maybe youre looking at it on a cheap phone that doesnt allow you to see very well. As if youve ever seen a university of London certificate before. Are you the NYSC certificate verification brigade?

Chai! Bad people everywhere oh. I bet this Maryam babe is sneezing seriously right now wherever she is with all the rubbish you people are saying about her
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by KingAzubuike(f): 10:02am On Oct 19, 2019
ikay00406:
The kind of comments I see here makes me sad.. That you bagged a 3rd class in a Nigerian University doesn't mean you can make a 1st class class at Queen Mary. My people suffer from lack of exposure..Nigerian mentality.. The average British is smarter than an average Nigerian.. That's d simple truth.. D British are problem solvers with alot of inventions to their name.. What does Nigeria have with all you so called smart folks "claiming to smart". Look at the Chinese and Engineering, look at the Indians and medicine.. Even the textbooks you read through out your course at university is written by a foreigner.. Thinks Guys.. Use ur six.. Hardship has nothing to with intelligence.. That you write an exam under a mango tree and failed doesn't mean that you will write the same exam under AC and pass.. EOD
Bro you really don't need to reply those illiterates. That's why I'm always irritated at seeing posts like Nigerian bags first class at UK, Nigerian bags first class at USA etc. Coz I know the illiterates will start beating their chests that Nigerians are smart etc when other students from across the world also graduated from same uni with first class and aren't making noise about it. Nigerians are intelligent yet we cannot produce simple things or bring out great ideas and innovations. Nigerians are intelligent yet you repeat curriculum. Even the text books you read and everything that adds meaning to your daily life are produced by the people you claim you're intelligent than.

Like you said, Nigerians generally equate hardship and suffering to being good or smart. That you wrote an exam under the watchful eye of a sadist lecturer in an over crowded class and used curriculums from the 1960's and you passed doesn't mean that if you do same under bright minds and air conditioned classroom, you'll pass too. You have to read well and work extremely hard and there's no lecturer to fail you because no student has ever graduated with first class or upper in the history of the department . If you pass you pass, if you fail you fail. Moreover like I always say, if you're schooling in a foreign school, you'd be forced to sit up , read hard and pass colorfully coz you wouldn't even dare want to burn the heavy fees you're paying.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by mu2sa2: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2019
midnighter:

Lol Its your mentality that has comma and not the certificate

Look at the resolution of that so-called "comma" compared to the rest of the printed words. Why is the "comma" less sharply focused than the writing? Im telling you its just a piece of dust and youre still saying nonsense to console yourself and your poor result

Or maybe youre looking at it on a cheap phone that doesnt allow you to see very well.

Chai! Bad people everywhere oh. I bet this Maryam babe is sneezing seriously right now wherever she is with all the rubbish you people are saying about her

Bros, maybe you need eye glasses. Hahahaha, speck of dust on a brand new certificate. The dust flew all the way from Sahara desert, abi.
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Softenergy(m): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2019
Khaleell001:

Oga, learn how to place your argument.

You talked about corruption in the system which you thought would or had favored her. Then you jumped to switching off the AC to make it look "uncomfortable" for her.
And I asked a simple question: which is, how is AC connected with what she has upstairs?
Now you are bringing other aspects to your point which I didn't address from you first quote.

See, when we are discussing about Amala don't bring Salad into our discussion simply because you are losing the argument
Remain on the topic, stop dribbling yourself.

Your argument was about making her uncomfortable with the court setting which I queried for a proper and a robust response.
I am very disappointed this is all you could muster with the way you were all over the place.

LESSON :
Don't try to pull people down simply because they are better or had it better than you.
Just appreciate them, pray for them and move on with your life.
This is more healthier and helpful to us as a nation than this sick and diseased pull him down syndrome that has plagued many of you.
I suggest you read these two fine books
1: The Art of war
2: The Art of war in the boardroom.
Lesson: 1:Conquer Whole
2; Have a great edge over your competitors.
In every way you will win.
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by DonBenny77(m): 10:24am On Oct 19, 2019
grin
midnighter:

Im grateful that you've admitted that youre a drunkard. Maybe you will tell us that you showed up drunk to all your "foreign" examinations and still scored 100%

Rubbish human being. Its your generation thats full of farm tools
grin
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2019
mu2sa2:
Bros, maybe you need eye glasses. Hahahaha, speck of dust on a brand new certificate. The dust flew all the way from Sahara desert, abi.

You need to take some lemon juice to neutralise your bitterness upon somebody else's success

What about her graduation gown? Is there a comma there too?

Bad belle
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Skmoda360(m): 10:27am On Oct 19, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Beauty, yes.
Brains, not so certain.

This is because a 3rd class degree holder will effortlessly make a First class in a UK university.
You make sense I swear.....
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Skmoda360(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2019
Chidorx60:

Shut up...a third class graduate will remain a third graduate even in Jamaica...

Bros, it's a lie.....conducive environment matters a lot unless the person is a dead brain.....
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2019
jnoz23:
You no serious cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Skmoda360(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2019
Khaleell001:

You are using one case to give a general comparison.
Or we don't have thousands of Nigerians studying abroad?
How many of them end up with this kind of "happily ever after " stories?
Give us stats, give us facts or even numbers and let's see how your argument stands.
Abeg leave that thing he is saying the truth.
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by RUDEBOYY(m): 10:36am On Oct 19, 2019
I think the right thing to do here is to congratulate this pretty girl.
Whether it's easy or not she is a first class graduate from a good school too.
Congrats dear!

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by cyprex: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2019
Truly here beauty meets brain
This is a rare combination

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of The Students Drowned In The Marina Calabar Boat Mishap / Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities / AAUA Students Dressed As Bandits Storm Class For A Presentation On Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.