Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London (74627 Views)

Duoye Diri Honours NDU's First Female First Class Law Graduate, Ebizi Eradiri / The Cake Made For An English Graduate Of Ambrose Alli University / Pastor Adeboye Gifts 4 First Class Law Students Wigs And Gowns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by greypencils: 10:45am On Oct 19, 2019
we have countless first-class beauties and brains from southern Nigeria lowkey. No one dey talk. But because say first class brain na one in a billion people for North, we no go hear word.
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by mu2sa2: 10:45am On Oct 19, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Yeah kid, unilag oau , ibadan etc are far better than the likes of Stanford , Yale, Princeton , Melbourne, Peking, Queen Mary etc.
So the universities in UK, USA, Belgium, isreal, Netherlands, south America, Canada, Japan etc not on the spurious 1000 list are inferior?
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Omonigeriarere: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2019
stamapro:
Nice, with easy life, free internet, materials, conducive environment. Wetin u for graduate with before. Congrats

Your comments would have made sense if all her mates graduated with the same grade. If it is that easy, what stops others from attaining the same grade?

Learn to appreciate people's achievements please.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by pacehood(m): 11:05am On Oct 19, 2019
very old news this news is over 3 years old
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 19, 2019
Truthbites:

U don't understand why people said that. In Nigeria, u can't just make a first class. By the time u pass through the 4 walls of a university, u go tire now. Some schools have no light, no water, no security, mosquitoes here n there .. hostel like a hut..etc..

NIGERIA kills ur intelligence. Too many factors. Do u know people who would have made first class? I went to school and lived off camp.n there was hardly light...to read na die. U read with candles or charged stuff. What of those that had to sell n school. Poverty think..u go fit make first class ni?..what of those when typhoid disturbed cos of no portable water? I could go on n on....do lecturers teach well? They don't explain but tell u to buy hand-outs..how do u make first class here?
gbam! u sabi the naija situation for university.no light,no security ,no water,overcrowded classes and what have u.if u fortunate to school outside nigeria u will find out that their classes are not overcrowded,there is available internet wifi for u to access and their lecturers are very very accessible if u have any class issue to discuss with them plus the constant light here.bro if the average nigerian is fortunate to acesss this he or she will make a good grade except if he or she isnt serious with the school work.

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by solofresh(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2019
[quote author=franchasng post=83257668]shutup! Did she invented anything new

Getting a first class in European or American or Canadian or Australian or even Asian university is very easy if you devote few hours of your time everyday to study and do the assignments your prof assigned to you.

Its not a big achievement bagging a first in a foreign institution, what white folks are more interested in is research, invention and using their brains and skills to create solutions to global challenges not doing your easy assignments and writing exams based on what they taught you, where lecturers want you to pass, unlike in Nigeria where lecturers and professors only derive joy when you fail or get a low grade in their course so you can come sort them or Bleep them like we have been hearing, so stop hailing her cos most Nigerians schooling in Nigeria will graduate with first class abroad if given the opportunity to travel out to study abroad.[/God bless you my sister,you've just said it all]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Olafisoyem: 11:36am On Oct 19, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Beauty, yes.
Brains, not so certain.

This is because a 3rd class degree holder will effortlessly make a First class in a UK university.

Completely untrue
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Bigboss111(m): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
That's wonderful my sister. It's indeed brains and beauty. I love this. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by KingAzubuike(f): 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2019
Skmoda360:

You make sense I swear.....
Carry your third class go UK and effortlessly make 1st class for there na... Mumu

4 Likes

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by KingAzubuike(f): 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2019
Khaleell001:

You are using one case to give a general comparison.
Or we don't have thousands of Nigerians studying abroad?
How many of them end up with this kind of "happily ever after " stories?
Give us stats, give us facts or even numbers and let's see how your argument stands.
That's it.. they use just one scenerio to give a general comparison. Some are even saying they give open tests in the US. Now go there and ask how many schools does that and even the school that does it, how many times have they done it in a semester. I bet it won't be more than once and it won't even be their main score.

There are millions upon millions of nigerians studying abroad, less than 5% makes a first class yet the few ones they get to see on the news they begin to generalize it that any Nigerian can just go there with his black brain to make first class.. Nigerians are just dumb set of people.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Fallenhunter: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2019
Congratulations to her and she is pretty but why bleach? Don't tell me she is naturally light skin because 77% of Nigerian women bleach.
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Ronline(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2019
cute!
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by mechanics(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
Congrats to her
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Datwarripikin(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
Look in Nigeria things are hard wish is not supposed to be
So if I can struggle and have a second class in this wicked country I would definitely have a first class in Europe ,America and anywhere else where things are made easy
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
Wow.. She looks like our ADESUA

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by mildflame: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
pacehood:
very old news this news is over 3 years old

Seun is a MUMU and stupid he-goat

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Viiictor10(m): 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2019
congrats, but if you check well see he will be a politician daughter
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by obioraval(m): 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2019
12inchess:

Such a baseless comment. Just because lecturers in Nigerian Universities make you go through hell before they teach you outdated stuff and still try to sleep with the ladies for grades doesn't mean every educational system in the world is like that. First class is usually like the top 1-5 percent of the graduating class. That means that in her graduating class she was one of the top students. From my masters in the U.S I have 3 publications in international journals. And just from 2 years masters because I have access to everything I need. Go and ask your friends masters and PhD friends in Nigeria that graduated with first class and 2.1 if there is not a steep learning curve coming from Nigeria to study science based research oriented courses in the west. Our curriculum in Nigerian universities simply doesn't prepare us well enough for the 21st century. Many PhD students in Nigeria are still struggling to have one relevant publication because when they are doing their research NEPA will take light. That is a fault of your leaders and not the UK govt.

Golden

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Skmoda360(m): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Carry your third class go UK and effortlessly make 1st class for there na... Mumu
Ode, did I tell you I have third class?......maggot filled mouth grin and even if I have third class, is it your third class grin grin grin
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Came4amod: 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
Khaleell001:

I don't have "real life experiences" I am speaking from a bubble located in Mars.

Some of you are so insular with your contrived views that you can't seem to accept any view that differ from yours but helps to broaden your perspective.

With the way schools are run in this country, you dare not compare it with schools abroad especially the UK were standards are high.

In conclusion, you've made no point.
Your life experiences are just self made nothing else.

Oga u still to go out there and see what I am talking about .. I rest my case .. Schools in nigeria like Convenant university and University of Ibadan .. OAU, UNN , UNILAG . can not be compared to many universities in UK .. Do your research before you open ur mouth to me ... I graduated from Lautech.. And I know what a Good school induce in a good student .. Well at the end of the day .. It still boils down to the individual in question ..Taink you
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Came4amod: 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
KingAzubuike:

This is not the debate ... Anyways cheesy grin
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by KingAzubuike(f): 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Beauty, yes.
Brains, not so certain.

This is because a 3rd class degree holder will effortlessly make a First class in a UK university.
You're a very big illiterate to arrive at this conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by stamapro(m): 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2019
Omonigeriarere:

Your comments would have made sense if all her mates graduated with the same grade. If it is that easy, what stops others from attaining the same grade?

Learn to appreciate people's achievements please.

I tried to find sense in ur comment too, read again what I wrote maybe u will c congrats, ABI e get anoda way to appreciate achievement I guess na u need learn how to read n understand ppl.
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Chidimizzle: 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
midnighter:

So you are not really talking about intelligence, you are talking about being able to beat our bad system which is not supposed to be bad in the first place

So how is there any comparison

She can only be intelligent if she can prove that the UK law professors tried to invite her to a hotel room? Or if she suffers unnecessarily reading outdated lecture notes full of grammar with no diagrams? Is intelligence supposed to be marked by suffering?

Some people sha. Drop a congratulations and leave, they wont

Where is the sense in this thing you just said now?

Trying to dim somebody else's light wont make your own shine brighter, hope you know that

I'm so shocked as i'm coming from a post where this dimwit was lamenting it's inability to bag a First class. What a hypocrite.
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
Chidimizzle:

I'm so shocked as i'm coming from a post where this dimwit was lamenting it's inability to bag a First class. What a hypocrite.

Oh really?

I know he must becoming from a personal angle because he is too bitter. Its like somebodys graduation is paining him or what
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by BabbanBura(m): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Beauty, yes.
Brains, not so certain.

That's not entirely true, go ask people that school there

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Chidimizzle: 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
midnighter:

Oh really?

I know he must becoming from a personal angle because he is too bitter. Its like somebodys graduation is paining him or what

He or she is truly bitter. Lamenting how s/he was denied a First class s/he 'merited' yet it's here downgrading the result another person worked hard for. I don't understand the species of idiots on this forum, it's unbelievable.
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by midnighter(f): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
Chidimizzle:

He or she is truly bitter. Lamenting how s/he was denied a First class s/he 'merited' yet it's here downgrading the result another person worked hard for. I don't understand the species of idiots on this forum, it's unbelievable.

Lol dont mind them. Every type of craze must have an origin
Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Mryacks: 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2019
abumaryam012:
Maryam Muhammed from Bauchi State graduated with a First Class Honours in Law from Queen Mary University of London.
The brilliant young lady was also awarded the Principal's Prize for outstanding academic achievements

Oh lala.... so beautiful

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by LordAzubuike(f): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
Came4amod:

Oga u still to go out there and see what I am talking about .. I rest my case .. Schools in nigeria like Convenant university and University of Ibadan .. OAU, UNN , UNILAG . can not be compared to many universities in UK .. Do your research before you open ur mouth to me ... I graduated from Lautech.. And I know what a Good school induce in a good student .. Well at the end of the day .. It still boils down to the individual in question ..Taink you
Lol you must be a clown... How can you compare unilag and the likes to any school in the UK?grin. You're part of the reasons Nigeria isn't moving forward. Nigerians like to deceive themselves.

1 Like

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by LordAzubuike(f): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
ikay00406:
The kind of comments I see here makes me sad.. That you bagged a 3rd class in a Nigerian University doesn't mean you can make a 1st class class at Queen Mary. My people suffer from lack of exposure..Nigerian mentality.. The average British is smarter than an average Nigerian.. That's the simple truth.. The British are problem solvers with alot of inventions to their name.. What does Nigeria have with all you so called smart folks "claiming to be smart". Look at the Chinese and Engineering, look at the Indians and medicine.. Even the textbooks you read through out your course at university are written by foreigners.. Think Guys.. Use ur six.. Hardship has nothing to with intelligence.. That you wrote an exam under a mango tree and failed doesn't mean that you will write the same exam under AC and pass.. EOD
See this kind of mentality is very common in the third world countries. I've been to India on 3 different occasions and lived there for months. Indians generally believe they're the smartest in the world because many of them go to Europe and come back with a first class too. That you made a 3rd class here doesn't mean you can travel out and easily make a first class there. You must work for it. Education over there is standard and up to date, so you'd be forced to sit up. In Nigeria, lecturers don't want you to pass citing statements like no one have ever made a first class in the history of the department or they never made a first class during their time so you too can't and they derive joy in such insane mediocrity even when the educational system is below par and just useless. Big shame. But mind you , if you carry third class commot here and still go to the UK with such mentality, you'll even end up with a pass. When you get there and see serious minded students and bright minds, you'd be forced to sit up moreover you'll be paying heavily so you wouldn't even wanna dare burn that money to cinders.

Nigerians are bright Nigerians are intelligent yet most of you perform woefully when you get employed in international firms in ICT, engineering and so on. I used to work in an international firm on the island where we have so many nationalities. Nigerians generally were the dullest and weakest. All they do is watch the Asians perform "magic" they were never taught in school.

Khaleell001 12inchess solofresh Boringdraw1 F117nighthawk nairalanduseles Macon1212 franchasng

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London by Khaleell001(m): 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
LordAzubuike:

See this kind of mentality is very common in the third world countries. I've been to India on 3 different occasions and lived there for months. Indians generally believe they're the smartest in the world because many of them go to Europe and come back with a first class too. That you made a 3rd class here doesn't mean you can travel out and easily make a first class there. You must work for it. Education over there is standard and up to date, so you'd be forced to sit up. In Nigeria, lecturers don't want you to pass citing statements like no one have ever made a first class in the history of the department or they never made a first class during their time so you too can't and they derive joy in such insane mediocrity even when the educational system is below par and just useless. Big shame. But mind you , if you carry third class commot here and still go to the UK with such mentality, you'll even end up with a pass. When you get there and see serious minded students and bright minds, you'd be forced to sit up moreover you'll be paying heavily so you wouldn't even wanna dare burn that money to cinders.

Nigerians are bright Nigerians are intelligent yet most of you perform woefully when you get employed in international firms in ICT, engineering and so on. I used to work in an international firm on the island where we have so many nationalities. Nigerians generally were the dullest and weakest. All they do is watch the Asians perform "magic" they were never taught in school.

Khaleell001 12inchess solofresh Boringdraw1 F117nighthawk nairalanduseles Macon1212 franchasng

Ma,does it holds through that Nigerians are woeful when they get employee in international firms in ICT,engineering and others?
I don't think this is correct. We hear of Nigerians in ICt companies like twitter, facebook and all other international ICT companies.

Please, let's learn not to always generalise based on personal experiences.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of The Students Drowned In The Marina Calabar Boat Mishap / AAUA Students Dressed As Bandits Storm Class For A Presentation On Terrorism / Literature In English Approved Books For Jss 3 Junior Waec 2017 (in Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.