Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,632 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Against Babangida.com Website - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Against Babangida.com Website (4309 Views)

Shocker: Aregbesola's Oponimo.com Website Has Finally Changed Hands! [photos] / …babangida Defends Buhari / Yelp.com Website Refused To Sell For $700 Million Microsoft Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Against Babangida.com Website by Seun(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2005
[I]"Againstbabangida.com is a project by citizens of Nigeria, aimed at initiating action to stop Ibrahim Babangida from ever ruling Nigeria again."

"Our mission is to wage a civilized intellectual battle against dangers to true and virile democratic development in Nigeria, symbolized by Ibrahim Babangida."

"Some of the participants in the project, mostly former journalists, lawyers and the like, wish to remain anonymous. They fear possible reprisals from the vengeful Babangida and his cohorts on them or their families, as exploits of this web site is bound to take its toil on the cabal."

"One of our most potent tools is our newsletter, IBBWatch, which is intended to raise awareness among everyone interested in Nigeria's political development. Subscribe to the newsletter."[/I]

I think it's a really funny concept, though it is unlikely to have any impact. I have no opinion on whether or not IBB should be the next president, but these people do: www.againstbabangida.com

Funny concept, or what do you think? grin
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by demmy(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2005
Well that is very creative. But I'm afraid they might actually be giving Babangida free publicity and it can lead him and his supporters to think that he is relevant.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by klex(m): 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2005
its really tragic that so soon after the corruption blitzerkrieg aka IBB nearly destroyed our country, anybody can be touting the man as the best thing to have happened to Nigeria. God help us all if this is the country we want to leave to our children
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by hotangel2(f): 9:29pm On Jun 22, 2005
wow. babangida is still alive? he shouldn't be president.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by anugirl(f): 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2005
If Nigerians should make de slightest mistake n Babangida becomes de president in year 2007,naim be say Nigeria don finish be dat ooo! cry
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by anugirl(f): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2005
angry

In fact, they should stone him to death if dares come out to campaign!
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by kazey(m): 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2005
Every single Nigerian citizen, has the freedom to vote and be voted for. Its not for us to say who should and shouldnt come out to contest for presidency. We can react by not voting for that person. Saying that that person should not contest, is totally absurd.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by kemmy(f): 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2005
Knowing how politics is run in Nigeria....Kazey seriously,truthfully,do you think the vote of the average Nigerian matters in this?

We can only pray that the people at the helm of affairs in these political parties don't appoint him as their flagbearer(if oju kokoro will allow them to).......or God does HIS wonders when the time is ripe!.......I believe,it's up to Him now.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by effects8000(m): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2005
I read an article in a Nigerian tabloid newspaper that General Babangida aka the gap-toothed General is looking forward to returning back to Aso Rock in 2007.  As funny as it sounds, it's is actually true.  His wife in an interview said that she is really excited and can't wait to return to aso rock.

If I were Babangida, I would shut up and become reclusive because during his military regime Nigerians were robbed of every single basic right, and he even gave others for the murder of prominent Nigerians including Dele Giwa. He annulled the June 12 elections which threw Nigeria into chaos. 

Nigerians all around the world, I call upon you all to stand up and prevent the gap-toothed General from returning to power. Gone are the days when we get crushed by military boots.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by kazey(m): 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2005
hum but Babangida himself hasnt said a word. So what's up with us Nigerians??
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Seun(m): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2005
"Babangida himself has his own website IBB's Website with sections on "tribute", "vision" (you mean the man has a vision?), an IBB fan site, and photo gallery where you can see photos from his daughter's wedding and IBBNomics"
- Black Looks: Exposing Dictators in Nigeria
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by bioye(m): 10:59pm On Jul 14, 2005
i dont believe the website is a joke, and i am happy nigerians are doing this. i read in the guardian not too long ago that a british paper (Daily Telegraph?) reported that past nigerian leaders stole 222 billion pounds which equates to about 300 years worth of aid from UK to the whole of Africa. The article mentions Abacha but does not mention Babangida and all the past head of states that are still alive.

It is sad that our press and publicity today speak loud against Abacha and Obasanjo but are rather lukewarm about Babangida, the most dangerous man walking the streets of nigeria free. infact, i am scared some people are tracking these posts, i just wonder.

some people say every nigerian has a right to contest. Well, maybe. But i believe every nigerian should be emotional about our dear country. i love nigeria with all my heart unconditionally. i am not happy when people do or plan to make it worse. People suffer, the children who have no sin that roam the streets begging, dying....

we owe ourselves, we owe the children of tomorrow, our children, the right to smile, the right to minimum joy, the right to the basic things of life. Obasanjo is a single man born one, same with Babangida, same with you, same with me. All mean are equal, and we can equally make a change.

Let us stop this man!
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Chxta(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2005
Personally I don't think Babangida is interested in coming back. The speculation that is surrounding him now is the same kind that is surrounding the whole 3rd term project. Sponsored by some (a lot of) self seeking individuals.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by larger20(m): 4:11am On Sep 28, 2005
ooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by bioye(m): 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2005
larger_20:

Babangida and obasanjo are just [looting] Nigeria turn by turn. Abacha was the first to [loot] nigeria, but unfortunatley for him, Nigeria has HIV so he was killed in the process.

OBJ has been [looting] Nigeria fo years and now he will need rest in the next few years., IBB is about to start [looting] Nigeria.., no matter how much Nigeria tries to avoid being [looted]. We are whores to IBB and OBJ and they will follow Abacha soon.

Abacha was not the first to loot Nigeria. I dont know if Obasanjo is looting Nigeria. Any facts? Also, note that the West (mainly USA and UK) often connive with our leaders to milk us dry.

God save Nigeria. Amin.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Jakumo(m): 11:39am On Oct 13, 2005
Babangida's monetary wealth is probably equivalent to the gross domestic product of several African nations put together.  His influence will therefore continue to be a force of nature in Nigerian politics, and cannot be deemed irrelevant due to the passage of time since he vacated the post as the country's military ruler. 

While the self-styled "Evil Genius" may not present himself as a candidate for elective office in Nigeria's near future, it is safe to assume that retired General Babangida will continue to project his power silently and away from the newspaper headlines, with reverberations felt all the way to the presidency.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Odeku(m): 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2005
This is a mission statement on IBB website " TRIBUTE TO A FORMIDABLE STATESMAN, A TRUSTWORTHY AND AMIABLE UPRIGHT GENTLEMAN, A LEADER, VISIONARY, PRINCIPLED, A MAN FOR ALL REASONS "  ARE THEY FOR REAL. or are we all dreamming, How quick do we forget the terror regime and dictatorial style regime Babangida inflicted on us, I was Only 18 When IBB was ruling Nigeria, I remember the streets are closed for HOURS when IBB is going any where, you can't look at the street cars, you must turn your back to his car and entourage or face the ruthless beating from Military mens.  How can you BABANGIDA be trust worthy when you can even spell the word. we know how you and Sunny Idogu stole from Nigeria, hello.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Odeku(m): 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2005
What can we do to make sure IBB dont rule us again?
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by kazey(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2005
hahah maybe the proper thing to say is what do we do to make sure corrupt leaders don't rule Nigeria again, as far as I am concerned the issue of Nigeria in terms of poverty and basic ammenities is still prominient. Infact nothing has been done.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Odeku(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2005
Well we can have an open corupt leader at least you know he will steal, the snake like IBB is the one you need to watch out for. they still havent found one ounce of evidence that he loot money from Nigeria, my question is it because him and EFCC CHAIRMAN ARE from same state. there is an old adage is better to stay with the devil you know.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by kazey(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2005
Maybe IBB didnt even take a penny cheesy. I still believe our prayers should be directed towards having a priest as a president. Shoot for the moon, and if you miss it you would find yourself among the stars wink not as it is, but point gotten i suppose.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Odeku(m): 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2005
Are you for real? where you in Nigeria during his regime? I was very furtunate to meet his son Muhammad. there is no way IBB didn't loot and his son can spend the way he does.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by kazey(m): 5:32pm On Oct 19, 2005
heheheh what does his spending has to do with corruption? his father was a President for christ sake. Demmit.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by mycutiepie(f): 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2005
"Every single Nigerian citizen, has the freedom to vote and be voted for. Its not for us to say who should and shouldnt come out to contest for presidency. We can react by not voting for that person. Saying that that person should not contest, is totally absurd."

Maybe IBB didnt even take a penny .  I still believe our prayers should be directed towards having a priest as a president. Shoot for the moon, and if you miss it you would find yourself among the stars  not as it is, but point gotten i suppose.

hum but Babangida himself hasnt said a word. So what's up with us Nigerians??

Kazey Whatz up with you and babangida? I read all your responses and it seems to be you are one of his ........We all know this hasnot and will not work in Nigeria. "totally absurd"? shocked
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Odeku(m): 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2005
I can see we have lots of people who don't even know who IBB is or what he did while he was the head of state. presidents are different from dictator head of state. Go online or ask any authentic Nigeria, we don't just call this guy Maradona for nothing.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by mycutiepie(f): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2005
Nice thread Seun. I love the siteespecially with the list of selfish people supporting IBB. And everyone of them will be purnished by the wrath of God. As someone said somewhere on this thread that IBB should be stoned, BUT the masses will not do that instead they will be killing themselves calling it riot. As they say "YOUTHS ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMOOROW"  rolleyes then we need to mark down drastic interventions to mark them down and wipe them out, not just IBB but other ota (enemies) masses. Poor masses are dying everyday yet these cruel people are still breathing happily, something must be done but we all have to join hands and start somewhere. cry
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by mycutiepie(f): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2005
Odeku, don't mind that "totally absurd" nigerian, he must be among those people making the poor cry every day of their lives. cry Odeku, I agree with all your post and we must act befor that country is destroyed patapata. sad

[b][/b] Charity really begins at home, that is one of my watch word. I wonder if  the "totally absurd" guy knows this.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Odeku(m): 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2005
Thanks, Even though my parents and family are proficient in Nigeria, but we can not turn our eyes to what we read in the news daily. I have been out of Nigeria for over 15 years, and every time I go back home it's shocking to see how local people are suffering. people are not supposed to be in poverty as they are in Nigeria today if only all the country wealth is diverted to the rural development projects. Some of us will agree this is an epidemic and some will just turn their cheeks as long as they are not affected. we must raise the youth awareness.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by mycutiepie(f): 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2005
Some of us will agree this is an epidemic and some will just turn their cheeks as long as they are not affected. we must raise the youth awareness

You are right there and it's just so sad. For those that are not affected and turn heads the other way like as long am not affected and my family is not, am all set, and these people do not just stand on that but putting petrol to wounded hearts and God will punish them all. I have always keep this drastic measures i have in my heart till am ready to make provisions to strike all those cruel politicians out of the way and no poor masses will be affected. I pray God makes a way to bring that time nearer before Nigeria crumbles. No cruel politians will be spared. I know there are lots of their informants on this site but i don't care and am not scared because He who is in me is greater than that in those fools. Odeku, we need to talk 4 real. You seems to be my partner in making nigeria a better place while flushing out those ika and alai nife eniyan keji bi tiwon. cry
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Odeku(m): 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2005
you are right, you can never underestimate the power of words. this is an extract from a newspaper i was reading online "The question of whether or not Babangida should be allowed to contest the Nigerian presidency in 2007 goes beyond the individual right to vote. Babangida has blantant disregard for, and has, in fact, violated the Nigerian constitution in the many years of his misrule. If the rule of law had not been usurped by the privileged in Nigeria, Babangida would have been living his days behind bars, for his many criminal violations. "
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by kazey(m): 12:41am On Oct 20, 2005
I am in trouble o, whats all this wrath of God kpalama. I do not support IBB, again, I repeat I do not support IBB. My arguments are just based on simple logic and evidence at hand, not assumption or rumours. IBB was corrupt? Do we have proof? If yes lets bring down the proof. My argument was directed towards the motive of treating the trouble at hand not the past troubles.

If you read my post correctly I said our prayers should be directed towards the future not the past. The degree of poverty in Nigeria has not changed even though the so called maradona is not there. So the question is why look back, when we have the future in front of us.

And if I can remember this thread was on IBB in question not about who is or who is not for him. Lets get our angles of tackling issues straight.
Re: Against Babangida.com Website by Jakumo(m): 7:00am On Oct 20, 2005
Anyone looking for "proof" that Obongida stole money will have better luck searching for a chicken in a business suit with a full set of gleaming polished canine teeth.  A sizeable chunk of the money that finds its way into the offshore bank accounts of heads of state is deposited outside Nigeria by companies seeking contracts in Nigeria. That money is never reflected on any auditor's balance sheet or budget allocation.

Additionally, flotillas of giant super tanker "ghost" ships leave the Niger Delta with millions of barrels of crude oil that were "omitted" from any book-keeping regime within Nigeria, with the payment for all that black gold finding its way into designated accounts belonging to members of the powers that be, never to be seen until it is lavished on private extravagances and palatial real estate in Europe, the US and the Middle East

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna / Boss Putin Says No To Sharia And Multiculturalism / DSS Offered Bribe, Threatened Me, Ex-rivers Tribunal Chairman–justice Pindiga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.