Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex (44910 Views)

Sir Alex Ferguson In Intensive Care After Brain Sugery As Sympathy Floods In(Pic / Sir Alex Ferguson Gives Arsene Wenger A Vase On His Last Game At Old Trafford / Ronaldo Trends On Twitter As Fans Troll Messi After UCL Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
joshjc:
man utd won the Europa, capital one cup,fa cup and finished 2nd after sir Alex left
maybe mourinho fix it too or what should I say
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by RexTramadol1: 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
Question is

Fixed the match to lose or to win?
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by Angelfrost(m): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
OfeAchi:
This is logically the truth. Manutd under Ferguson flourished, not because of merit but due to bribery.
If you doubt it, why haven't they fared well since his departure?

The class of '99 was bribery??!... Smh.

The only football players and managers that have not indulged in gambling, sharp practices, transfer irregularities, etc, are those that have not yet been caught.

If you can't separate a man's personal proclivities from his professional success, then you need serious schooling.
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
joshjc:
don't mind him, turkey that finished 3 at the world cup in 2002
it's ignorance cos they see Neymar pogba mbappe etc regularly they think other countries don't have players... match fixing de football which is difficult to do in top level football... so why doubt football credibility...
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by Karleb(m): 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2019
This accusation is baseless!
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by joshjc(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
it's ignorance cos they see Neymar pogba mbappe etc regularly they think other countries don't have players... match fixing de football which is difficult to do in top level football... so why doubt football credibility...
match fixing is a big offence club's like Juventus was relegated because of match fixing and some officials jailed,
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 18, 2019
LEAFLET:

I hope you’ve really stopped and not just relapsing, my grand mom more than fifteen years ago told me that any man that plays lotto is a finished man, I’ll always abide by that word.Never
I truly have. It has damaged me. I can't continue to loose important friends.
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by babyfaceafrica: 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
how come arsenal is doing well after wenger... stop this delusion man this matter hasn't been investigated self... so maybe pep fix d two epl he won and kloop too fix last ucl win...
how is arsenal doing well after Wenger?..what have they won?
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by Burruchaga71(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
Alexander y??
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by francisisking: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2019
OfeAchi:
This is logically the truth. Manutd under Ferguson flourished, not because of merit but due to bribery.
yes I agree with you because of that 2008 final with Chelsea. it was clearly a match fixing game, how could terry miss that penalty if its not match fixing??
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by semyman: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
I knew there was something wrong about this that never get to like him.
So he is a fraud after all
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by Techsunny: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
First half, Chelsea 3 vs man u 0 2011 to 2012, scond half, Chelsea 3 vs man u 3, 3 penalities awarded in just 5minites

2 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by luiscarter(m): 10:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
forreelliinc:

grin more like Rolex that is times 2 of your popsy's pension

Same with your whole family put together
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by medolab90(m): 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2019
DesChyko:

Wow they must have bribed their way to a lot of thing then.

Bribed Real Madrid to keep hunting their top players.
Bribed PFA to once name 8 man Utd players in an 11-man team of the season.
[/b]Bribed FIFA to make Ronaldo the only PL player to have been named World Best.[b]
Bribed many professional players to keep voting Man Utd players into World XI.
Even bribed the world to see Ferdinand and Vidic as one of the best football partnership.

I think it's visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that your assertion is quite foolish if the above happened without bribes

I don't agree with that Ronaldo truly deserved the 2008 award

1 Like

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by viviangist: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
obembet:
Former Man Utd manager Alex Ferguson fixed a football match with a corrupt agent who gave him a £30,000 gold Rolex, a court heard today.

Giuseppe ‘Pino’ Pagliara, 64, made the claims to an undercover reporter posing as a businesswoman looking to invest in football players, jurors were told.

He said the legendary manager fixed a champions league game against Italian giants Juventus and alleged Ferguson pocketed money from transfer deals.

“Towards the end of the meeting Pagliara launched into what could only be described as a diatribe of Sir Alex Ferguson, accusing him of having conspired with Pagliara to fix the result of a football match between Juventus, a club which Pagliara was associated with, and Manchester United in the Champions League for which Pagliara had thanked him with a gold 30 grand Rolex watch.

“Pagliara went on to accuse Sir Alex Ferguson of having taken money as part of transfer deals. He claimed that he had paid Ferguson before,” said the prosecutor.

Pagliara is on trial for bribery at Southwark Crown Court alongside assistant head coach of Barnsley Football Club Tommy Wright and fellow football agent Dax Price. All three deny the charges.

The trio were charged following allegations of corruption published by the Daily Telegraph in 2016, one of which led to Sam Allardyce resigning as England manager.

Pagliara claimed that ’99 per cent of the people in football, if they weren’t in football, would be selling second-hand cars’.

He also claimed he had ‘opened so many Swiss bank accounts for managers that you would not believe’.
“'You have to have an offshore account somewhere and that's where we do it. For example, Antonio Conte [then head coach at Chelsea] has winked at us and said, ‘Yeah, I want that player, is there a little coffee for me Pino?’”

“Yeah, that's what he'll say: yeah, of course, there is and now I'm negotiating a coffee as well and we are not talking about a double espresso.”

The trial continues.

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sir-alex-ferguson-accused-fixing-20643613.amp

Alex the History for Man U
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by medolab90(m): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
thonyman:
Liverpool Vs Barcelona champions league match was also fixed.
The truth will reveal itself someday.

Same as PSG Vs Barcelona

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by thundafire: 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
OfeAchi:
can u compare dey squad of 2006-2012 with these current confused players
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by DesChyko: 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
medolab90:

I don't agree with that Ronaldo truly deserved the 2008 award

Who did?
Lionel Messi?
Fernando Torres?

Who achieved more than Ronaldo's treble winning season where he emerged top scorer in both the PL and UCL as well as won the European golden shoe? Along with two more cups in the same 2008 in addition to the three had already won earlier? Even flattened out the second runner up with at least 150 points in the FIFA world best voting and Ballon d'Or?

Don't even try making a case for anyone else because you just can't.

1 Like

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by GuestLog: 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
haaaaaaaaa:
This is what I tell people regularly. Some football results just cant be true to believe.

Many people have abandoned their hobbies and failed to chase their dreams because of sport betting which they keep failing. So many have lost their friends, wives and jobs. Some are even in huge debts all to this fraudulent game called sport betting. I was in it, but not anymore. Join me before it becomes too late for you.
I left sportsbetting too because I suspected foulplay. Some games end in an unbelievable outcome that you begin to doubt your betting skills.

Have you ever wondered why we don't have winnings like it used to be some 3 -5 years back?

1 Like

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by iamfromlagos(f): 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2019
gaetano:
They should also investigate all the manutd matches officiated by Webb. Howard webb's retirement really finished Manu, look how they living now
As in!
Webb was their 12th invisible player.

1 Like

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by Phobia1: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
Well this news didn't shock me. I've ... I mean we've always knew Ferguson was never clean. Never!
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by Cajal(m): 10:53pm On Oct 18, 2019
JUVENTUS AND SCAM ARE LIKE BOKOHARAM AND HUMAN BLOOD
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by engrchykae(m): 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2019
DesChyko:

Ferguson won about 13 League titles and 2 UCL titles, reaching the finals twice more. Those victories would require that he fixed over 500 games. So do you believe Howard Webb actually officiated that much games for Man Utd?
If you believe instead that he fixed only the big games even, let's consider the last PL winning season in 2013, how many big games were won that season? How many of those games did Webb even officiate? Yet the league was won with four games in hand with Van Persie claiming top title winning honours for the first time.

Bros, the only amazement here is how you've managed to peddle these info without thinking it through for once.
the case is in court,this is not Nigeria judicial sharia system,at least since you seem to be a good attorney,you can volunteer to join sir Alex defense counsel
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by DesChyko: 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2019
iamfromlagos:

As in!
Webb was their 12th invisible player.

Was he?
Webb became a PL referee in 2003.
By then, Fergie already had 8 out of his 13 PL titles in the bag.
Did he start working for Man Utd immediately? Considering Arsenal and Chelsea won the next three league titles, you can't even defend that claim. Besides, he wouldn't be an influential figure then as he is a fresher then,

Let's look at the numbers, shall we?

Howard Webb officiated just 47 United games with Ferguson in the side.
United won 29 of them, lost 12 and drew 6.
The highest number of United games Webb ever officiated for Man Utd in a season is 7 games. Most seasons, Webb officiated only 3 or 4 United games and United hasn't won all of those games in those season.

Given that every other games was handled by a different referee, you should be accusing every other referee of the same thing too because games like that in which all were not even won cannot land a title.

So how influential was Webb? Be the judge.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by goldman777: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sports betting na pure scam grin
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by DesChyko: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2019
engrchykae:
the case is in court,this is not Nigeria judicial sharia system,at least since you seem to be a good attorney,you can volunteer to join sir Alex defense counsel

What court?
Can you provide details when Fergie would arrive for the hearing? grin
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
how is arsenal doing well after Wenger?..what have they won?
they made the Europa finals last season and are in contention for a top 4 they are stable...
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by SolarHub(m): 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ok

kindly check my signature
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by chloride6: 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
thonyman:
Liverpool Vs Barcelona champions league match was also fixed.
The truth will reveal itself someday.

Same with Barca PSG

1 Like

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by Mrquote: 12:00am On Oct 19, 2019
Aderewah:
Lol. Europeans are more corrupt than Africans. The only difference is that they build their country
Have you been there before and see how their corrupt system help to bring development to their country.
Not like ours u will build a hospital but never will you go there for check up. Rather you will fly abroad to check sugar level.
I laugh in spirit grin
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by PopeFlatino(m): 1:00am On Oct 19, 2019
grin and na Macheda go score am
topcin:

Ferge Time in those days

Man Utd 1 - Aston Villa 1 in 90mins
Extra time: 3mins

Man Utd 2 - Aston Villa 1 in 95min
Goal scored in 94+ Penalty
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex by owoblowsoon: 1:47am On Oct 19, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AFCON: Angry Egyptians Beg Super Eagles To Beat South Africa / Mikel Obi, Iheanacho, Others Check Into Hotel As Zambia Squad Lands In Uyo. PICS / Gabriel Jesus Slow Penalty Miss: Fans React (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.