Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State (12750 Views)

Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor / Simon Achuba Impeached By Kogi State House Of Assembly / Simon Achuba To Sue Yahaya Bello Over N819m Unpaid Salary, Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Ecstasy154(m): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
Mr Simon Achuba has insisted that he is the Deputy Governor of Kogi State.

He stated this in a telephone interview with Channels Television on Friday, shortly after he was impeached by members of the State House of Assembly.

“What they have done is nothing. I am the deputy governor of Kogi State and I remain the deputy governor of Kogi State,” Achuba said while condemning the action of the lawmakers.

Earlier, the House in a unanimous decision impeached the embattled former deputy governor following the submission of a report of the committee set up by the State Chief Judge, Justice Nasir Ajana, to investigate an allegation of gross misconduct against him.

Majority Leader of the House and member representing Ajaokuta State Constituency, Mr Hassan Abdullahi, had told reporters that the Speaker, Mr Mathew Kolawole, received the committee’s report which was studied and deliberated upon before the lawmakers took the decision.

A Complete Illegality?

Moments later, Mr Achuba stressed that his impeachment by the lawmakers was illegal, saying they didn’t follow the due process involved.
He said, “Impeachment has processes and the last process of impeachment is the verdict of the panel.

“If the panel says the case of the complainant is proved, it means that the accused which is the respondent in the case can be removed. But if their case is not proved, they can’t do anything concerning my office and that is the situation.”

According to Mr Achuba, the report before the Assembly stated that the case brought against him was not proved.

He explained that he did what was expected of him and presented himself before members of the seven-man panel set up by the Chief Judge in the state.

“So, what you have seen is the continuation of the illegality that I have complained about loudly.

“I will get a copy of the report in no time to prove to you that what they have done is complete illegality,” Achuba said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/10/18/impeachment-i-remain-deputy-governor-of-kogi-state-simon-achuba/

1 Like

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Slawormir: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
Okay
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by ForeThinker: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
Come and take it
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by NigelCundy: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
Orisirisi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Afiahomes(m): 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
grin grin
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by eleojo23: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
Both Achuba and Bello should just leave that government house! sad

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Amarachi1990: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
Can Nigerian elected politician ever resign undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Sunofgod(m): 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2019
Next governor......

1 Like

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Jestin: 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2019
Nigeria politicians with do or die mentality for political positions. If u have been impeached, why not bid farewell to the position and move on

1 Like

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Crying4NIGERIA(m): 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
everybody dey fight for em pocket

1 Like

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Crying4NIGERIA(m): 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
Jestin:
T
toto
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
In the end, it really doesn't matter. His term is almost over. Don't think there's anything in law that days vice must be same in second term of an administration.

Unless this is about cutting off any terminal benefits
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by biggerboyc(m): 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ok
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2019
Gofront, come and help me see what is happening in kogi state. I think you and your boss Yahaya does not deserve to be in government house

1 Like

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Jeremy1234: 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
They should just sell this country and give me my share abeg

3 Likes

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by carzola(m): 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
Who him epp?

We care less
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Sholaco: 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
Oooooook
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by callmeVIBRANT(m): 9:30pm On Oct 18, 2019
Yahaya Bello is acting like a dictator

1 Like

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by omoiyalayi(m): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
Jestin:
Nigeria politicians with do or die mentality for political positions. If u have been impeached, why not bid farewell to the position and move on

I tire o

The tenure wey don finished already sef
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Badonasty(m): 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
Person wey put you for work say he no want you again but you wan die for there....have some dignity and resign fool
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by viviangist: 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Mr Simon Achuba has insisted that he is the Deputy Governor of Kogi State.

He stated this in a telephone interview with Channels Television on Friday, shortly after he was impeached by members of the State House of Assembly.

“What they have done is nothing. I am the deputy governor of Kogi State and I remain the deputy governor of Kogi State,” Achuba said while condemning the action of the lawmakers.

Earlier, the House in a unanimous decision impeached the embattled former deputy governor following the submission of a report of the committee set up by the State Chief Judge, Justice Nasir Ajana, to investigate an allegation of gross misconduct against him.

Majority Leader of the House and member representing Ajaokuta State Constituency, Mr Hassan Abdullahi, had told reporters that the Speaker, Mr Mathew Kolawole, received the committee’s report which was studied and deliberated upon before the lawmakers took the decision.

A Complete Illegality?

Moments later, Mr Achuba stressed that his impeachment by the lawmakers was illegal, saying they didn’t follow the due process involved.
He said, “Impeachment has processes and the last process of impeachment is the verdict of the panel.

“If the panel says the case of the complainant is proved, it means that the accused which is the respondent in the case can be removed. But if their case is not proved, they can’t do anything concerning my office and that is the situation.”

According to Mr Achuba, the report before the Assembly stated that the case brought against him was not proved.

He explained that he did what was expected of him and presented himself before members of the seven-man panel set up by the Chief Judge in the state.

“So, what you have seen is the continuation of the illegality that I have complained about loudly.

“I will get a copy of the report in no time to prove to you that what they have done is complete illegality,” Achuba said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/10/18/impeachment-i-remain-deputy-governor-of-kogi-state-simon-achuba/

by fire by force
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by prigoz(m): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2019
Kogi state and show of shame is inseparable. Bello should hide Hus face in shame because of this shamble impeachment
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by wisdom042(m): 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
What should we do?
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by dayowunmi(m): 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2019
Badonasty:
Person wey put you for work say he no want you again but you wan die for there....have some dignity and resign fool
Person wey put him for work say he no want again? Was he impeached by the electorates? Clearly if u are familiar with Nigerian politics u will know that some of these state houses of assemblies are just puppets of the state governor so from all indications they are being used by the governor to fight his deputy.

1 Like

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by VivyZub(f): 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2019
Affordable children educational android tablets. Please go through my thread for pictures, functions and specifications and please check my signature for contact
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by SolarHub(m): 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ok

kindly check my signature
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
Badonasty:
he is deputy by virtue of votes stop supporting rubbish... he should go to court we ve seen how similar cases were overturn in adamawa and ondo

1 Like

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by bigfrancis21: 2:23am On Oct 19, 2019
Achuba, the bilingual Igbo-speaking Kogi deputy governor.

Who thinks otherwise?

1 Like

Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by jowhyte(m): 2:59am On Oct 19, 2019
Bros you are already a goner. You should have seen this long coming and restrategize.
Re: Simon Achuba Says He Remains Deputy Governor Of Kogi State by Amudeneogu: 4:25am On Oct 19, 2019
wahara dey

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yekini Nabena: We Will Celebrate If Goodluck Jonathan Decides To Join Us / 2023 Presidency: Only Two PDP Governors, Ugwuanyi And Bala Can Fight APC - FFK / Ghanaian President, Ministers Slash Salaries By 30% To Reduce Spending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.